View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 11:53 AM   #5
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Spirituality and Religion

In my humble opinion
Religion is and has been a great help and comfort to many people and truth is to be found in the teachings of the originators of all main religions.
However the dogma assocoiated with religion is man made and divisive,
Many wars have been fought over religion yet all original teachings of religion taught--- put God first and love and forgive all.

Spiritual is about oneness with no bounderies.

Religion puts God in a box ie a Christian only God or whatever dogma is taken as true by the individual.
How can God be in any way limited to love only the "faithfull" of one religion?
How can we tell God to favour any religion?
Religion is like hving a middle man to tell you how to think -- though some of it is helpful.

Spirituality says meitated pray find God within.
The bible says -- The Kingdom of Heaven is within" How can it be found witout looking within?
Jesus said " Of myself I do nothing it is the Father within that does everything" not perhaps an accurate quote but thats what I understand of it.

Spirituality is alliegence only to God. Have great respect for tthe teacher yes but love God above all else.
All great techers did this, they did not look to have a following worshipiing them. Budda said "Put no head above your own"

No middle man.

Having said all that I have the greatet respect for all who are true to the teachings of the originator of any religion.
They love God to the best of their ability and that is all that really matters.

Repectfully Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote