Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Resources > How To Learn About Stuff

Notices

Old 09-10-2008, 11:07 PM   #1
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

Default Living / Raw Food - How To Make ...

Living / Raw Food

The below would make around three 32 ounce containers, enough for two to eat once a day for a week to ten days, cut it all in half to make less.

The food must be kept refrigerated to last, and if kept tightly closed will last over a week (go by smell and appearance).

Soaking Nuts (to release enzyme inhibitors) -

Night before making food batch, soak nuts in water for 8-10 hours in room temperature in covered container.

Soak Almonds and Brazil Nuts together but separate from all other nuts. Rinse once or twice over the 8-10 hours to flush the released tannins.

Soak all other nuts and together, using any or all of these - Filberts, Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Pine Nuts, Walnuts, Cashews, Pecans, etc.

Making the living food -

Use a food processor, nut butter maker or other form of juicer, maybe even a blender?

Grind any or all of the following together, mixing in little bits of each and alternating with adding nuts -

Medium Size Head of Green or Purple Cabbage
One Bunch of Celery
One Onion (I use Purple)

Optional Items (try any or all of these) -

One to Two Cups of peeled Carrots
Two peeled roots of Tumeric
One peeled Horse Radish Root
One chunk (3-6" long) of Daikon / Radish
Garlic (4 to 10 cloves)
Jalapenos (1 to 3)
Red, Yellow or Green Pepper (1 total)

Hand mix all the food processor output until uniform consistency and add a lot (two to four ounces) of lemon juice (as a preservative).

The finished food will be consistency of cole slaw and usually is not too 'wet' as the nuts keep it all solid.
To really enhance it, add Soy Lecithin, Barleans Flax Oil and Braggs Liquid Aminos (almost like a soy sauce flavor), plus sprinkle celtic sea salt and dulse / kelp (seaweed) flakes on top ...

The food will keep the longest if after every opening of the container fresh lemon juice is spritzed across the entire top of the remaining batch and purge the air in the container as much as possible.

Side note, it is best not to use the nut waters in the living food as it will make it all too runny, but the water from all but the Brazil/Almonds is very high in protein and is a great liquid for shakes / smoothies ...

Last edited by Zynox; 09-23-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Zynox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:30 PM   #2
Latasomi

Default Re: Living / Raw Food - How To Make ...

Excellent, Zynox ~ that you bring 'raw food' to the table! I spent some of my summer learning a lot more about raw fooding. OMG! If for no other reason, I am here to learn how to keep my Vita Mix running if things go south.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
EpiphaMe

Default Re: Living / Raw Food - How To Make ...

Gosh yes, very good, sprouted seed/nuts (can't forget the essential fatty acids)/legumes even ! I've recently discovered three ways to preserve fresh eggs for up to 8 months minimum: using lime water to cover in a sealed container; rubbing vaseline to cover all pores of the shell; using glass-water, this latter is purported the best. Google is our friend, leaving the search up to you.

Tags
food, living food, raw food