Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Resources > How To Learn About Stuff

Notices

Old 11-13-2008, 03:14 AM   #1
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

Default How to Dream more & understanding them better...

I noticed in day to day life that people who don't dream often(and some who do) generally ask the same questions like:
How do I dream more?
What is "dream sign"?
How do you interpret them?

Well those are all expansive subjects but I figure I could start breaking it all down the best I can. So I started from the beginning with a quick 10 minute How to & wtf is that? kind of video. I hope this helps.

Basice 1-2-3 Dreaming & How to Interpret Them

Just for those of you who haven't met me or seen some of my other posts, I was born as a natural lucid dreamer. Over the years I've developed a trick or two on how to gain understanding from dreams as well as tips on how to become a lucid dreamer.
Shakesbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
franciejones
Banned

Default Re: How to Dream more & understanding them better...

Thank you. Very helpful
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #3
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

yes, dreaming is very, very important

i learned as a kid how to control mine

there is a lot of essence contact, that goes on in dreams

often, before we meet the people on earth

who we end up crossing paths with

cheers
susan
the eXchanger
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:05 PM   #4
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

Francie - you're welcome & thank you

eXchanger - I tend to meet people in my dreams before I meet them in waking life more often then not. It's always intertsting when that happens. Or how you can see precognitive synchronicity as a passing bystander or couple or something in your dream only to have it reply somewhere in your waking day too.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:24 PM   #5
Mystic Pilgrim
Avalon Senior Member

I keep on hearing about this word quite often in the threads - "lucid dreamer". Rather than just googling the word, I'd like the many experts in this forum to refer me to several online materials on this matter.

Many thanks in advance!

Mystic Pilgrim
Mystic Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:41 PM   #6
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

Hi There Mystic Pilgrim, I'd be happy to point you to some good sources. "Lucid dreaming" is a broad term. I personally have found the academic and popular culture definitions to be quiet glib for the most part. The easiest blanket-statement kind of way to define "lucid dreaming" would be "conscious dreaming" or "dreaming consciously". With in that however there are many many different layers of perceptions.

One person's book that everyone who's done lucid dreaming and has read it recommends is Stephen Laberge's book Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming. Dr. Laberge came out of Standford university who is one of the pioneering research centers for this type of work with SRI & the Monroe Institute.

The Monroe Institute is also a great resource on learning more techniques to lucid dream and achieve Out of Body Experiences. Robert Monroe is one of the few people who had the ability to "hop out" of his body at will from what some reports are. Here is a link to a great interview with Robert on youtube: #1 Monroe's Out-of-Body (OBE) Paranormal Transformation of Human Consciousness

Lucid Dreaming & Out of Body experiences are very closely related as some would say they all take place on the "Astral Plane" which again is a glib way of characterizing energetic transfer & existence for communication purposes.

Is there anything in particular you're interested in in terms of lucid dreaming?
Old 11-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #7
bilderburger w/cheese
Avalon Senior Member

i like shakesbeers book recommendations. ive read the laberge book and found it helpful, but youll find that all of the information is intuitive in the first place. you wont be learning as much as youll be rediscovering the information that you had already known.

in a nutshell, try these things:

- start a dream journal. imperative.
- analyze your dreams after two weeks or so and see if you have similarities in them- objects, actions, etc. those will be your dream signposts.
- during the day, when you see a dream signpost or just periodically throughout the day, ask yourself, "am i dreaming?" aloud and answer it. this will train you so that when you are dreaming and see a dream signpost, youll ask yourself that question and can answer a "yes, i AM dreaming!" in your dream.
- dont forget to will yourself to have a dream about whatever it is you wish before going to sleep.
bilderburger w/cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:42 PM   #8
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I've always had dreams, some I remember some I don't.
But lately I've been waking up every morning and remembering all my dreams.
Great stuff I'm loving it
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:56 PM   #9
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
I've always had dreams, some I remember some I don't.
But lately I've been waking up every morning and remembering all my dreams.
Great stuff I'm loving it
Have you ever remembered after waking up how the falling asleep process felt? ;-)
Its amazing.... If you manage to pull that one of aware.
Only works if you only observe what is happening without interfering with it.
The monkey falling asleep, and you still observing it.

Nuff said..

Afterall this is nothing new to anyone, Right?
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:27 PM   #10
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I just nodded off infront of my laptop
I know what you mean about falling asleep, easier to realise whats happening when your not in your bed
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:27 PM   #11
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

bilderburger - Great advice thank you for adding to the thread. Your last point "dont forget to will yourself to have a dream about whatever it is you wish before going to sleep." I especially agree with and totally gets my resounding It's sincerely refreshing (like seeing the reinforcements rolling in) to hear other "dreamers", "travelers", "Onieronauts", etc all coin in with what we all know to try to piece together sense out of that wacky "astral plane".

Many get so caught up in the desire to do these things they forget what it is they actually want to do while "there". Honing in on that "wish", "desire", or "intention" of your dream is of the utmost importance.

TranceAm/Swanny - Also you can essentially "walk" or "guide" yourself to sleep via different meditation techniques, especially those who are well trained on visualizing through their 3rd eye, it's just a matter of getting "deeper" &/or "releasing" at one point.

Here's a way to induce a dream or lucid dream experience by guiding yourself to sleep. Imagine yourself gently "falling" asleep. Keep your conscious mind informed that you are going to be dreaming soon with an intention rich, accurate statement about what you want to achieve by guiding your consciousness into dream land. Remember to keep it simple, short, and repeatable.

Example of an intention focusing statement to aid in the visualization/imagination process of guiding yourself to sleep & into dreaming:

"I'm going to 'fall' asleep gently onto a cloud, then fly off to see the great pyramids"

Make your own as fantastic or "real world" as you'd like, it's all up to your own imagination and your own mind. So try to imagine something that won't freak you out too much so that you don't startle yourself awake again. We all have powerful minds that can manifest anything there, so if you "spin the wheel" with your destination while trying to guide yourself to sleep, there's no telling where you're going to end up.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:35 AM   #12
Luana
Avalon Senior Member

Do you know if a person born blind dreams?
Luana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #13
chitty
Avalon Senior Member

Hello all, I am a regular marijuana user and don't know if I dream while using. If I do, I don't remember them. If I quit smoking for a few days, my dreams seem to be very intense, frequent, and easy to remember when I awake.
Any thoughts on this?
chitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #14
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luana View Post
I have a good friend who became blind by an accident...
in his early 20's
he says, yes, he does dream - and, see things in his dreams

Yes, blind people do have dreams.
However, those blind since birth
or very early childhood have no visual imagery in their dreams.
Instead, they experience a very high percentage of taste, smell, and touch sensations in their dreams.

The breakdown is as follows:

There are no visual images in the dreams
of those born without any ability to experience visual imagery in waking life.

Individuals who become blind before the age of five
seldom experience visual imagery in their dreams.

Those who become sightless between the ages of five and seven
may or may not retain some visual imagery.

Most people who lost their vision after age seven
continue to experience at least some visual imagery,
although its frequency and clarity often fade with time.

Source:
http://psych.ucsc.edu/dreams/Library...itz_1999a.html
This is a rather scholarly paper and dry reading.

For more information, go to google.com, search on "blind people dream"
and you'll get links to many sites about the dreams of the blind.

Yes however but they don't see in there dreams, they feel it, if a blind person were to dream that they got punched in there right arm in the dream they would feel that pain.

www.DreamsCoaching.com
says on: Jan, 02 2007 at 12:40 AM
Dreams are adventures of our Dreaming Mind. Dreams can involve all of our senses or only one or any combination thereof, but dreams can be perceived with physical senses or psychic senses or both. In our dreams we can see, hear, smell, taste and feel, can't we? - but most dreams don't use all of our physical senses, even though we may talk out loud in our dreams or move our arms and legs as we go through the motions or emotions of a dream. Do you wonder what kind of dreams a person who has "Synaesthesia" has? A person who has Synaesthesia experiences life differently because they have a neurological condition in which two or more senses are connected or overlap. (For example sounds may be "seen" in colours and designs, or taste may be seen in shapes. Smells might also have a sound or color). We can dream with all of our senses or just one, but usually when we think of a dream, we think of it as a vision or images of our sleeping mind.

also,
i say:

if a person's 3rd eye, opens during dreaming
they would see -- if they were blind / or NOT blind
also, if the doorway in the 3rd eye,
opens, and, a person moves into the 4th eye,
they would see -- if they were blind/or NOT blind

love/susan
the eXchanger
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #15
Luana
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you Susan, that's exactly what I was looking for.
Luana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #16
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luana View Post
hi luana ...

my father is blind and yes ... he does dream ...
his imagery takes him only up to the time he lost his sight ... beyond that there is no expansion into what is now ...
his conclusion is that what he can't see he can't dream ...
i can understand then what susan writes that people who are born blind have no visual imagery in their dreams ...
makes sense ...

thanks susan ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #17
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Hello,

I didn't yet watch your entire video but what you said about setting the intention before you go to sleep absolutely works for me. Sometimes if I'm having a problem or am not feeling well I will say something like "I ask the all knowing creator within me to bring me a dream that will help with my healing or will help me see the best path". A wonderful and wise lady taught me that and it worked on the very first time I tried it.

I also use an herb called mugwart that grows locally here in Northern California. Mugwart was used by the local maidu natives as dream medicine because one of its properties is to help to connect you to the spirit realm. I put it in a sachet and use it that way. You can also smudge with it just like you would do with sage. It totally works for me.

My dreams and visions tend to come in waves. Maybe with dreams it's due to not being tuned into the idea of remembering them on a consistent basis- but when I set intentions and use herbs the difference is dramatic and when they come they are very vivid and quite symbolic. The visions just pop out at me and I never know when they are coming- but they usually come to me when I start to relax just before I fall asleep and usually at a time in my life when I am emotionally charged and learning an intense life lesson.

I hope that helps people.

Last edited by shiftmonkey; 12-05-2009 at 02:27 PM.
shiftmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #18
Mystic Pilgrim
Avalon Senior Member

Hi there Shakesbeer & Bilderburger with Cheese!

Thanks for the suggestions and info on lucid dreaming. I'm trying some of the tips already

By the way, is it possible that you can dream better in a specific area than others, e.g. near temples and churches, traditionally known sacred sites, etc.? I was talking to one of our Project Avalon members about the effect of electromagnetic waves on brain activity, as well as dreaming. Anything you know about this?

Thanks in advance!

Mystic Pilgrim

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakesbeer View Post
bilderburger - Great advice thank you for adding to the thread. Your last point "dont forget to will yourself to have a dream about whatever it is you wish before going to sleep." I especially agree with and totally gets my resounding It's sincerely refreshing (like seeing the reinforcements rolling in) to hear other "dreamers", "travelers", "Onieronauts", etc all coin in with what we all know to try to piece together sense out of that wacky "astral plane".

Many get so caught up in the desire to do these things they forget what it is they actually want to do while "there". Honing in on that "wish", "desire", or "intention" of your dream is of the utmost importance.

TranceAm/Swanny - Also you can essentially "walk" or "guide" yourself to sleep via different meditation techniques, especially those who are well trained on visualizing through their 3rd eye, it's just a matter of getting "deeper" &/or "releasing" at one point.

Here's a way to induce a dream or lucid dream experience by guiding yourself to sleep. Imagine yourself gently "falling" asleep. Keep your conscious mind informed that you are going to be dreaming soon with an intention rich, accurate statement about what you want to achieve by guiding your consciousness into dream land. Remember to keep it simple, short, and repeatable.

Example of an intention focusing statement to aid in the visualization/imagination process of guiding yourself to sleep & into dreaming:

"I'm going to 'fall' asleep gently onto a cloud, then fly off to see the great pyramids"

Make your own as fantastic or "real world" as you'd like, it's all up to your own imagination and your own mind. So try to imagine something that won't freak you out too much so that you don't startle yourself awake again. We all have powerful minds that can manifest anything there, so if you "spin the wheel" with your destination while trying to guide yourself to sleep, there's no telling where you're going to end up.
Mystic Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:01 AM   #19
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

Mystic Pilgrim - Yes indeed certain places can be more conductive to desired/profound dreams depending on the association of the location one decides to go to sleep. We can even see this effect sometimes when staying over a relative or parent's house that might trigger an old memory via a dream, or you might dream about you being a child again, etc. Now apply that principle to someplace like Sedona or Machu Pichu with thousands of years of association via history & stories told of these places. Those thought forms alone could trigger any number of subconscious ques that can induce a wild dream-time experience.

Then there is also the hyper dimensional physics or "scalar" aspect of where some locations of temples, shrines, "sacred" &/or "forbidden" lands, even concepts like Ley lines are. If one is sensitive enough, these places can serve as portals into all kinds of fun & "out there" stuff whether it's during a dream, meditation, or vision. There has also been studies that shown we are more conductive psychically if we are synced up to Sidereal time which even apexes at a particular hour too (which escapes me right now) that ties into hyper dimensional/torsion physics as well. Sidereal time comes from the rotation rate of this planet which is part of the rotation & counter-rotation we're experiencing as we move through the solar system/galaxy/universe. Our relative position to the other bodies in this solar system/galaxy/universe create different geometric relationships which seem to be associated with energetic influx. As people like Richard Hoagalnd & PC's favorite David Wilock point out, the spot on Jupiter, the volcano in Hawaii, and the spot on Saturn, relative to the poles & equator demonstrate a physical manifestation of these torsion fields. Hoagland also demonstrated these torsions fields by measuring the affects on a tuning fork on a pyramid at 19.5 degrees in Mexico on the recent Syfy channel 2012 special.

You can think of different locations containing a particular "charge" of sorts. That charge is derived from the associations with any particular place (true & untrue for that matter) which is born out of what happened there as well as any hyper dimensional geometric attributes. So with that mind, you have to remember any "charge" must be seen as a tool and not the power that conducts the act. That way you will be more prone to have a positive encounter that you want no matter where you are at, rather then let the thought forms of the location have their way with you( like having a nightmare about having to clean a never ending room while visiting the folks during xmas ).

Tags
dream sign interpretation