Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 09-11-2008, 04:52 PM   #1
pilot
Avalon Senior Member

Default Alternative energy for your home

I am seriously considering converting to solar for my house, it would seem that there are affordable ways to do this now, by building your own panels & doing all the installation yourself. This is a product I found off some website:

http://www.homemadeenergy.org/head2.html?hop=cyprusmete

It looks pretty good to me, I was wondering if any other members have familiarity with it and what their opinion is, if it is a good guide or if there are any better.

I think it should all be free by the way, but this guide is very inexpensive.
If I or one of us knows how to build solar panels and wind mills-wouldn't it be great if we could post the instructions on this forum?

I want to do something practical and not spend all my time speculating about the illuminati and what's to become of us-and I am sick of paying for electricity when it is entirely possible to get it free.

This is something I have control over and can do-and I want to do it soon!
pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
BrickNoome

Default Re: Alternative energy for your home

Please let me know if you try this and if it works/ is legit. Thanks!
Old 09-11-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

You've got the right attitude there pilot or should i say altitude!!lol.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:34 PM   #4
mudhog92
Avalon Senior Member

Someone I know just went off the grid with solar, but it cost $30K. Someone's claim to do it for $200 raises my eyebrow. I would do more research before jumping at that add. When I read it, my gut didn't like it. Might be source of information, but some of those claims are probably the far ends of the spectrum. Some of it might be possible, but to do your whole house, to hook it al up together probably takes some skill the average person lacks. Good luck, but be careful. I found a 45watt solar panel at Harbor Freight for $200. It's big enough to charge a 12v car battery that can run a small TV and DVD player off an inverter. Do more research for yourself. My 2cents....
mudhog92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:22 PM   #5
milk and honey
Avalon Senior Member

Power generating windmills usually sell for thousands of dollars on the net so i too would be very wary of this offer to "inform you" of a $100 device.
milk and honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #6
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

hey im looking into getting a petrol generator and seeing if we can convert it to HH0. IVE GOT ABOUT 40 DOCS ON STAN MEYERS STUFF. SOME SCHEMATICS AND PLANS. in fact ive jsut been colecting info for about the last 4 months on everyconceivalbe kind of free NRG. one of my friend sfathers is an industrial electrician and he has just succesfully done HH0 assisted diesel.. not sure of the details but im happy to share info i have collected
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #7
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/

hope this helps if people havnt seen this site yet
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #8
Angelo
Avalon Senior Member

I have a good feeling that prices will drop a little, let's say, one year from now, so I will personally wait a little more.
Every information is of course welcome!!!
Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #9
Nik
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
I have a good feeling that prices will drop a little, let's say, one year from now...
I think most people here are thinking much more short-term than that!
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:34 PM   #10
christian

Hello, this might be a bit off topic as we have not yet completed our technology for home application, but I would like to share with you something we've been working on for about 8 years. I've received interest from most of the major oil companies in the USA, and several in other countries. We just were written about in the latest issue of: http://www.zeuslibrary.com/syngas/

I'm not sure if the newsletter is available on line at this time, as it just was released yesterday. However, there is a 2 page write up on the latest developments of the technology. Basically, it converts methane gas (whether from farms, landfills, gas flares, etc) into methanol liquid. As some of you may know, methanol is a chemical, but is used in making biodiesel, gasoline, DME and a host of other fuels. Our prototype plant is nearly completed.

You can learn more at gastechnodotcom website. We are not yet prepared to sell out to the majors, but we have been approached by several. With the CO2 reduction climate out there, it has been interesting as a CO2 reduction technology.

I've been reading/listening/watching things from Project Camelot over the past 6 months or so and although I admit to not believing many things, I do find some of the research very valuable in my own businesses.

Please keep in mind this is a modular chemical/fuels plant, and is not cheap to engineer and fabricate on small scales, but compared to those that control all the competitor technologies we have a bright future for those who understand the potential of methanol as a fuel source and chemical. I may not post often, but I'll be reading and listening to learn as much as I can.

May the Lord bless each of you. Please communicate with me on this site if you seek to have further private discussion.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:12 AM   #11
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

Concerning wind generators - check this out.
Peace.
recallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:22 AM   #12
Angelo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik View Post
I think most people here are thinking much more short-term than that!
why?
Old 09-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #13
ARE WE THERE YET
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
why?
HI aNGELO

Well Nik is right that alot of people here think on a timeline from today to when ever. I like most are waiting to see if all is good after November

I think its courteouse to explain: The U.S has an election in early November and many doubt there will even be a next government. Their economy is already crashed and only a fine thread of deceit and lies holds it together.

Alot of western countries including my own (NZ, with elections on 8 Nov) are experiencing a rescession unparalled before and we all believe it to be a plan rather than coincidence.

Whoever is pulling all the strings for our world today it appears they are in a hurry to put plans of world control,population control, or by sheer madness on their part Armegeddon. ie WW3, into action and then you have the planet Herself not being to happy at the way we are behaving.
The scenarios for our immediate future are to numerous to put here but if you look they can be found everywhere.

I disagree that we should all just throw our hands in the air and give up!.
So we should consider long term as well as short term. If we can all fight back the fear and spread hope and boycott evil we just might turn all this around.
I have investment in a company started here that have plans in action to do just that. The concept is over the top but what we need to support these ideas http://www.itmdi-energy.com/.

Good Luck and hope I wasn't coming over as patronizing.
ARE WE THERE YET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #14
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

I heard somewhere can't remember where it was about 2 months ago that if you generate your own electricity then the surplus you generate can go into the grid but YOU HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE YOUR ELECTRICITY METER changed over to be able to do this and i think it goes into the hundreds of pounds!!Sick really-there's a person trying to help with energy problems off their own 'bat' and being punished financially for this purpose.Surely there should be some grant offered by govts. to attaract/encourage people to partcipate in this.I think they don't want this-keep fuel prices as they want them kept to line their bank balances more.Anyway to make money-indeed it is a god to most!
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:58 PM   #15
Angelo
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks a lot for answering!

I understand what you are writing, it's somehow really a unsure situation, that's why I am concerned about alternative energy too....
I was just meaning that going off the grid and survive on one's own energy is a big step, I personally find the planning very important. The realisation is done in a short time, that's why I was saying I will wait a little more.
But, of course, I live in another land, have other priorities etc.

Thanks for clearing your point of view,

ciao, Angelo
Old 09-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #16
Sky Otter

Hi Guys

i'm not exactly off the grid but working on anything i can to lessen the dependence on others..
one of the best sources i have found for really good honest info is called
Countryside & small stock journal
it can be accessed on line at

www.countrysidemag.com

it covers all types of stuff from wind and solar as well as livestock and
farming plus tons of other pioneer stuff if you are serious
and really great reading and knowledge if you are only curious

personally i would like to do the wind thing but my hubby insists that you need too many batteries for storage...i'm looking into it.

wavin
Old 09-12-2008, 04:53 PM   #17
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

That is going on my library shelf, thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineal-pilot-in merkabah View Post

Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:36 PM   #18
Cymatic Veilbegone
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineal-pilot-in merkabah View Post

all I have to say is wow.

and thank you.

and I love this forum.
Cymatic Veilbegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #19
Peace of Mine
Avalon Senior Member

Default We ARE off the grid, using solar and wind, via boat

We set up our 44' sailboat to live completely grid-free, using solar and wind, and back-up gen if needed. We could use some more solar panels. Has anyone actually checked out the "homemade solar panels???" It would be important to have them waterproof, and foolproof, but solar and wind is not complicated to understand.

We use an E-Meter to monitor how many amps we use, how many we're putting back, what the voltage is, and a history of battery storage. We use 2 8-D AGM batteries, 440 amp hours, to run our systems. That is, excellent refrigeration, unlimited laptop and internet, all lights, tvs, soy milk maker, crockpot, etc. We use solar hot-water - we made our own - and cooking is by LPG stove with oven, grill (seldom used - we're vegetarian) and solar oven.

It is very satisfying, to know how to set up your own system and learn to monitor and maintain it. Yes, it requires some compromises, and you have to be very aware of how much each appliance uses. You learn how many amps a hairdryer pulls, and which ones require a power boost before flicking a switch. You set up keel-kooled refrigeration, which is extremely energy-efficient.

Given inexpensive solar and wind options, it is not rocket science. The problem is that many inventions have been bought off (or the inventors killled.) Many countries, like Sweden, have done a much better job than the USA in utilizing alternative energy.

A great site to monitor for new projects - the goal is to make them free for all - is www.peswiki.com,

And keep the excellent info coming, everyone! Isn't this forum awesome??? Thanks, Bill and Kerry, and fellow compatriots!
Peace of Mine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #20
Norval
Banned

Default Re: We ARE off the grid, using solar and wind, via boat

A couple more threads on these points are

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=1202

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=701

Where to post?!? LOL

This is what I call organized confusion, but WE are getting to know each other.
Help those moderators and thread sorters to do their job by searching for topic before we post. Glad to see all these ideas coming out.
Norval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:26 PM   #21
Norval
Banned

Given that I live on a boat I have often thought of hydrogen power. Breaking down water into HHO and burning that in a boiler to produce steam. The steam would then drive a Tesla disc turbine, which would then drive a generator producing the electricity I want.

Combining the known methods of breaking down sea water, electrolyses, microwave, sound, and so on, should produce far more gas than I would need to fire the boiler.

Just my thoughts on how I might power this boat I live on. It's a 50 foot self powered barge type boat.

Thats just a thought, , ,
Old 09-14-2008, 01:33 AM   #22
John Doe
Avalon Senior Member

Here is an Idea for free hot water.
Simply make a grid of black plastic (or whatever) tubes on the roof of the house.
Connected to the water-tank.
Remember Hot water goes up... Cold water goes down... So connect on both sides of the water box, but one higher then the other... Thus, the water will flow on it's own, and heat up.

Here is an idea for free light... only day time... sorry
Get a 2 Liter coke bottle. Fill it up with clean water. 1 Lid of bleach. 1 of those black camera "film containers", placed over the lid (to protect the lid from the weather)
Place the bottle on the roof, with only the upper part (the conical part that ends at the lid / or 1/3rd of the bottle) on the outside. The rest of the bottle inside.
Due to the light refraction, a room will light up the very well. Output would be something like a 60w incandescent.
4 or 5 will be equivalent to a couple of florescent tubes lights.
Don't wary about cloudy days, there isn't much change to the illumination.
CHECK: http://www.rts.org.br/noticias/destaque-2/litros-de-luz
AND CHECK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeM8PhtUXGk
John Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:58 AM   #23
Truth voice 2012
Avalon Senior Member

Im building a generator soon that uses magnetic repulsion based on this design: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooa8EBXKDW4 . Its pretty cheap. I ordered 50 high powered disc magnets for $90 and im either going to use wood or plastic moulds for the magnetic wheels (this will be the tough part). Im gonna get a standard petrol powered generator (probably for 20$ at a scrap yard) and remove the combustion engine and replace it with this magnetic motor. Attach the magnetic motor to the existing dynamo built into the generator. The cog sizes will need to be adjusted for the correct RPM into the dynamo. It should have sufficient power for a small house or else just dont use a lot of electronics if your in a big house. Make a lead with a plug at either end and if the main power should go out plug this lead in to the generator and then into one of the wall sockets of your home. I havent tested this yet by the way. Its still just an idea. Im waiting on parts to arrive at the mo and ill post results and videos when/IF complete.

Peace&Love
TV2012
Truth voice 2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:48 AM   #24
Norval
Banned

Truth voice,
please learn alot more about electricty before you do this.

just a suggestion.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:20 PM   #25
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth voice 2012 View Post
Make a lead with a plug at either end and if the main power should go out plug this lead in to the generator and then into one of the wall sockets of your home.
I dont really think you are being serious, maybe you are having a joke, but if you are being serious: please don't do this.

Never make a mains lead with a plug at both ends - never ever. Just think about it for a moment and you will see what an incredibly dangerous thing that is to do.

Hint: If you want to power your house with a Generator, you need a thing called a transfer switch. Also from the sounds of it, you need the services of a professional electrician.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free energy solar power