Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Avalon?
A. Excited and Thrilled 49 31.41%
B. Satisfactory - Could be better 98 62.82%
C. This Forum Stinks - I plan on leaving 9 5.77%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
Suriel

Wink How Do You Feel About This Forum? (Avalon)

I sense that the vibe of Avalon is getting low.
I am concerned.
But, I could be wrong and
that is where you come in.
I believe that communication is the key
and maybe we can get to the source of the issues.
Feel free to express any concerns that you
may have about this Forum.
How can we make Avalon a better
experience for you?

Also, don't forget to participate
in the Poll. We need to know how you
feel about this forum.

This thread was created not to cause debates
but to get answers on how you are feeling about Avalon
and what your goals are in being here.
And if those goals are being fulfilled.

If the Forum turns out to be doing well,
then that is good news.

Thanks,
Kevin - Project Avalon Spiritual Mediator

Last edited by Suriel; 11-02-2008 at 07:35 PM.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:27 PM   #2
Artycarl
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?

This will be an interesting poll but personally I would like to see a choice between 'satisfactory' and 'stinking'.

Isn't it always the way...you give someone a choice and they wants more lol.

At the moment there lacks any real direction. Its a mass of too many different things from the highly spiritual to the completely mundane.

Whether true or not, it feels like Camelot is yesterdays forum and Avalon is todays so I rarely visit Camelot any more.

I was dismayed to read criticism about Avalon on another forum for being too 'doom and gloom', but these are difficult times and jollying up the forum just for the sake of it would be wrong too.

I would like to see more concerted efforts in getting people to meet each other outside of the forum and to compare notes. I know it has happened but it could be promoted more.

It would be nice if a moderator, acting as a kind of agent of Bill and Kerrys, could get involved too maybe with some helpful guidance from them to help get things going.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #3
alternative-answer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I sense that the vibe of Avalon is getting low.
I am concerned.
I believe that communication is the key
and maybe we can get to the source of the issues.
Feel free to express any concerns that you
may have about this Forum.
How can we make Avalon a better
experience for you?

Also, don't forget to participate
in the Poll. We need to know how you
feel about this forum.

This thread was created not to cause debates
but to get answers on how you are feeling about Avalon
and what your goals are in being here.
And if those goals are being fulfilled.

If the Forum turns out to be doing well,
then that is good news.

Thanks,
Kevin - Project Avalon Spiritual Mediator
My goal, to pass on as much knowledge that is coming through me to as many people who will listen, I dont have all the answers or the right answers, I use discerment and wisdom to impart my knowledge and hope people feel inspired and empowered.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

The forum is currently undergoing a massive inlflux of 'disinformation agents' lately. Ive noticed this happening over the past month or two.

These guys use a variety of tactics all over the internet but in Avalon they make sure to give off a 'friendly' vibe, so as not to arouse any suspicion. In fact, many of them will be quite popular as they are familiour with the traits that make a person appear 'cool' to others.

I wont name any names, because i may be wrong and that wouldnt be good for anyone involved. But i know one thing, im 100% sure that they are here and they are working their evil little ways to sneakily control how some of the information presented here is portrayed.

They will use 'freedom of speach' at their disposal, and will have no problem doing their 'work' within the confines of this communities rules and regulations.

A smart wolf will always dress like a sheep.

So if anyone is wondering why the vibe has gone down it is because of this infestation. Remember the first few weeks of avalon? You could practically taste the positive atmosphere, simply because it was full of genuine positive people. The 'agents' could not function in such a minority, they dont usually present themselves until they have the cameflauge of numbers, and avalon has a nice number of regular posters lately.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #5
Suriel

Wink Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?

Thank you members. Keep it coming. This will help the Mod team and
administration know how you are feeling. We want your stay
at Avalon to be a rewarding experience.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:23 AM   #6
WineHippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Thank you members. Keep it coming. This will help the Mod team and
administration know how you are feeling. We want your stay
at Avalon to be a rewarding experience.
i wasn't gonna complain, but since you asked....
i try to be as compassionate as i can, however
the volume of christianity posts is wearisome as
are the bash-the-candidate ones. I would be
hoping to see more real solutions and less ego gratification.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #7
alternative-answer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2infinityandbeyond View Post
The forum is currently undergoing a massive inlflux of 'disinformation agents' lately. Ive noticed this happening over the past month or two.

These guys use a variety of tactics all over the internet but in Avalon they make sure to give off a 'friendly' vibe, so as not to arouse any suspicion. In fact, many of them will be quite popular as they are familiour with the traits that make a person appear 'cool' to others.

I wont name any names, because i may be wrong and that wouldnt be good for anyone involved. But i know one thing, im 100% sure that they are here and they are working their evil little ways to sneakily control how some of the information presented here is portrayed.

They will use 'freedom of speach' at their disposal, and will have no problem doing their 'work' within the confines of this communities rules and regulations.

So if anyone is wondering why the vibe has gone down it is because of this infestation. Remember the first few weeks of avalon? You could practically taste the positive atmosphere, simply because it was full of genuine positive people. The 'agents' could not function in such a minority, they dont usually present themselves until they have the cameflauge of numbers, and avalon has a nice number of regular posters lately.
What's the basis for this, where's your evidence?
Old 11-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #8
alternative-answer
Avalon Senior Member

This is fantastic.
http://warofillusions.wordpress.com/...logy-hypnosis/
Old 11-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #9
Topper
Avalon Senior Member

AA, check out the thread, America's greatest fear not yet realized. I would like your take on it.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:29 PM   #10
Allie
Avalon Senior Member

To be honest, I find posts regarding 'disinfo-agents' extremely off-putting. I honestly don't think this type of accusation is helpful to anyone - it just becomes even more of the same confusion and mistrust that is already quite rampant in our world.If anyone has such suspicions and believes he or she knows who, when, what and why, and can back it up with some evidence rather than their interpretation of 'dis-info' agent, and if they feel they can't put it out in the open, they surely have a duty to report it to the owners/moderators of this site? If being friendly is one of the prime reasons to suspect a 'dis-info' agent then heaven help us all. What is the optimum behaviour / attitude to aim for?
Old 11-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #11
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie View Post
To be honest, I find posts regarding 'disinfo-agents' extremely off-putting. I honestly don't think this type of accusation is helpful to anyone - it just becomes even more of the same confusion and mistrust that is already quite rampant in our world.If anyone has such suspicions and believes he or she knows who, when, what and why, and can back it up with some evidence rather than their interpretation of 'dis-info' agent, and if they feel they can't put it out in the open, they surely have a duty to report it to the owners/moderators of this site? If being friendly is one of the prime reasons to suspect a 'dis-info' agent then heaven help us all. What is the optimum behaviour / attitude to aim for?
Agreed
Old 11-02-2008, 08:37 PM   #12
Artycarl
Avalon Senior Member

I agree with your post Allie to a certain extent but I believe there are those among us whose sole mission is to disrupt and bring disharmony. Every forum has them.

Last edited by Artycarl; 11-02-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #13
Seeker Mom
Avalon Senior Member

I enjoy this forum and am very thankful for it. I feel that it opened at an unfortunate time because of the economic situation and the American election. I joined here as a diversion from politics, but have found myself responding to the political threads despite my constant promises to myself that I wouldn't post in them.

I don't know about the rest of the Americans here, but this election has me in a funk. I'm not myself right now. I'm pretty stressed out by the direction my country may be going, a direction I don't feel is the right one, so now isn't a good time for me. I've tried to read only the threads that don't concern politics but it's on my mind just the same.

I'm pretty sure things will settle down in a few weeks and the tension won't be quite as high with some of us.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:23 AM   #14
karmakah
Avalon Senior Member

IMO, I see this Forum as a reflection of the consiousness of the world, the state of the world. Some people are love and light, some are passive, some are aggressive, some are evil. I truly believe it is true that we as a species are just not "there yet". This Forum, at times, is proof of that. It does not, however, deter me from visiting. I'm here as an observer, and every now and then if I get something positive out of something I observe I'll participate and post my feelings. I use this place as a gage to where the human race is in it's evolving of consciousness. A learning tool. I appreciate it and everything everyone has to say- good or bad. Because until we can rise above and realize maybe we are all One, I'll continue to come here and 'gage' how we are doing...
Old 11-04-2008, 03:57 AM   #15
shybastid
Avalon Senior Member

Mr. Kent,

I dont think Im taking it out context,when you infer that Bill and Kerry are going "hydroponic"...ie. selling out

I personally know some very good people that are "above ground and underground" that are VERY respectful citizens.
I think it was a cheap shot to infer that they sold out.Im sure I misunderstood.
I have been reading Nexus for YEARS.I dont agree with all their conclusions and synopsis. Ummm But.. They've been very correct, more then incorrect,in so many areas,that Im proud to know Ive read it there first.
If I had a choice of who Id go hang with, or be with ,during the next 5 years,
Nexus People,Avalon,Camelot thinkers???Ill ride the Bike that Powers the Reactor.
ummm What can YOU help contribute?
Show me better..
George Greene? Going South....
Wilcox? Staying Put.........
Me? I'm meeting some very helpful people from one of these "Ground Crews"..that want to know........
Do I have communication prepardness that can work without electricity?
Do I have Good seeds to plant?
Do I have extra gasoline to help?
Shelter??
Food?
Food? How Long do WE think we should Prepare?
As A Ground Crew recovery area?Where/When do we stop sharing?
How do we decide this?

MY POINT?

This is a VERY good tool for just trying to prepare with friends.Not unlike Christians in a church.<<---ex-catholic..more religious now.
I was invited.
I like that.
Looks like Bill and Kerry got invited.. I like that.(Like they WERENT)
I will do what I can to help my Bruthaasss.(Like I would'nt.)
All you people that want to find reasons to create misinformation or not share ..to help the rest of us.. Go Ahead.
We'll be here.

I believe the Ground Crew is an expanding opportunity for us to Grow.

Thanks for being a part I like It.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:40 AM   #16
shybastid
Avalon Senior Member

this forum is just more merchandising and bussiness from my perspective.

that happens because it don´t shows any novelty.

Hey!! Dman!!! Make us a new TShirt!!!

Ill bet you can make a couple of Bucks....

Thats NOT Novel............
Pay your Staff....
and costs.
Ill market it.

After expenses...
Proceeds go to Avalon/Camelot

Its a Concept

Sheesh

What else ya wanna gripe about this site?

Your Move
Old 11-04-2008, 04:57 AM   #17
shybastid
Avalon Senior Member

K Ill shut up.............

But Its Snowing and Lightning up here in Tahoe.Winds HOWLING

Hope... I hit a Chord

Feels right
Old 11-04-2008, 05:16 AM   #18
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shybastid View Post
K Ill shut up.............

But Its Snowing and Lightning up here in Tahoe.Winds HOWLING

Hope... I hit a Chord

Feels right

im not attempting a "cheap shot" im merely referring to the "survival" tone of an "ark" and all that that implies... the elite of the world are doing much the same thing and they have the money to do it as well....good for them, good for bill, im not saying its bad.

there are two ways to go about dealing with whats coming, you can be very attached to this material 3D world and try and hold on with all your might and you funds and do everything to figure out the best way to "survive"

or you follow your intuition to where it tells you you need to be, for some that means staying put, for others that means moving to a small town.

if micheal st clair and bill or kerry have the funds and connections to live in a underground/above ground community 'radiant zones" with hydroponics scientists, farmers and people with a lot of gold then good for them. personally for me if i get demolished by a tsunami because i didnt do my homework on the perfect safe place, then oh well...thats what i was meant to do.

i DO think that they tend to veer towards a more materialistic survival alarmist mind set, but thats their choice and i dont have to vibe with it, they present some good material and i take what resonates with me, thats all.

if thats a "cheap shot", ok, i dont think so but if that works for you go for it.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:32 AM   #19
Tuza

Coffee over there only $2.00 Clarke, over here its from $3.50 to $5.00, ouch.
I do agree with CK about the survivor mode. I have wanted to move out off the grid before PC/PA only because I wanted to be in an environment that suited my personality.

As far as the ground crews go I will give my imput if I'm asked, but my husband (at the moment he still is), is getting really p.....d at me for going on to the PC/PA sites as are my children, who are all sceptics.

So it looks like I stay where I am. If I had my choice as I said I would be living off the grid surrounded by nature in my hobbit house of my design, - oh and I would be putting in solar energy - I would spend money on that.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:53 PM   #20
Allie
Avalon Senior Member

And I don't disagree with you - there are negative people in all walks of life who gain some kind of satisfaction from making waves. Personally, I'm not altogether convinced that's a soul mission - just an unhappy, negative person. I've lived long enough to meet a few.

But - what you say Artycarl kind of supports my view that it is down to an individual's interpretation of what a 'dis-info' agent may be. Let's perhaps be clear about that before we decide it's someone who seems to be friendly.

What exists on here are a collection of views. To some those views will appear to resonate, to others they will do the opposite. The comments will therefore reflect the myriad views. Why does that have to be 'dis-info'????

It wouldn't be fair of me to take this one issue and change the general direction that the moderators are aiming for, so I won't waffle on.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #21
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

It's all a matter of balance in my opinion-i think to try and stay bouyant whilst being objective i feel people on here balance each other out; -i don't post much on the spiritual side but i do read alot of it-i post on ufology/news/what does it mean etc. and anything that i feel needs to be read (not necessarily believed and taken as 'gospel') but understood with an open mind.People shouldn't just jump straight out of their clothes and attack a posting when it's there to be read; hopefully it encourages other research and expansion of information to be posted back.I do find in instances that some people who've negatively vibed some postings have hardly posted themselves;i do find this to be a little annoying when they aren't sticking their necks out themselves but very eager to attack someone who has!!.Apart from that -balance-read from both sides, camelot and avalon and do your own research in between and try and look for alternative news sites etc.There's no competition on here;it's about freely given information that is mostly suppressed in mainstream and sharing it as much as learning from info.that everyone posts,differentiate don't attack.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #22
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Wow! Gosh! I go along with most of the replies. I get the feeling that now that the initial excitement has worn off, the forum seems to have lost its way amongst the plethora of "you're wrong and I'm right" postings.

A bit like a boy-meets-girl situation. At first they can't keep their hands off each other. At this stage, passion is like a blazing fire that no amount of water could extiguish. As this passion dies down, the fire will either go out, or it will settle down to a nice warm glow of embers.

Like some relationships, the Avalon forum will have its ups and downs but these will eventually get sorted out as we all get to understand each other better. So don't let yourself get diverted from the aim of Avalon, let's all work towards tolerance for the opinion of others - provided that opinion is not contrary to the positive direction we are all striving for.

The observation was made many years ago that Rome wasn't built up in a day, but it was burnt down in one. Remember, you had to be able to walk before you could run and before walking, you first had to learn to crawl. How old is this forum? Give it a chance to prove itself.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:33 PM   #23
alternative-answer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topper View Post
AA, check out the thread, America's greatest fear not yet realized. I would like your take on it.
Will do, I'll come back to you.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:12 PM   #24
Norval
Banned

I am still thinking about this as well, , , sooooo, unsure?
Old 11-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #25
Elephant Man
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2infinityandbeyond View Post

Agreed. This saves me a lot of writing but will add that I personally cannot see why all the political threads are here. this was never meant to be a political forum, but it seems as though "free speech" means anything can be posted and accepted. I am generally against censorship, but really dont feel that politics belong here, we might as well start discussing sport. Now I am aware that people will say that politics affects the world situation etc... but what was the true purpose of Avalon? To unite in finding our way forward or something along those lines. Obama/mccain bashing does not fit in here and the continual negative political threads ar nothing but intentional trouble making. You wanna plug a politician or bash a politician? go elsewhere!

other than that little beef, rock on

Peace
Closed Thread

Tags
complaints, feelings, forum, poll, popularity