Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Avalon?
A. Excited and Thrilled 49 31.41%
B. Satisfactory - Could be better 98 62.82%
C. This Forum Stinks - I plan on leaving 9 5.77%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #101
blindeye
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?

I really think the emphasis should be meeting up in the 'real world' - coming together finding strength and solidarity in numbers. This site , maybe would be best used as a high tech bulletin board to facilitate this, (which in fairness it is.)

Having a forum is good for reflection/meeting/communication, but actual human contact would clarify and consolidate a lot quicker. Then the movement will snowball and provide a real feedback/ direction for Avalon etc.

Maybe this is the vital function. Nothing will change unless we change our own reality;finding an ark, waiting for et's / messiahs etc, a cop out' - only the 'bit' between our teeth matters . I'm as guilty as the next person, I have to disconnect from this lcd screen and break out!
Local ground crew, expect to see me soon...
Old 11-04-2008, 05:09 PM   #102
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

I'm glad this question was asked - not because I see a need for change but because it shows someone somewhere is paying attention. Bill and Kerry are just legendary, characters like Moses that supposedly actually live somewhere but are not seen by the common folk. I see evidence of the moderators' presence now and then when threads get moved around, but otherwise what we have here is the Wild Wild West.

Which is ok with me. There are plenty of threads I have little or no interest in, but that's no reason for me to object to them. I try to remain focused on my own core issue: remaining positive through the shift and trying to teach what I've learned (and to keep on learning). I find many more opportunities for this in daily life than I do here.

To the extent that folks come here to spread and check out rumors about spacemen and disasters, the forum is basically useless...but that's going to be the case with any community like this. Online forums tend to collect people who can't think of anything better to do than sit on their butts and live vicariously. So what? What are ya gonna do - kick 'em out? The forums still work just fine for those of us who are serious. And the dummies might wake up and learn something, it could happen.

We got three thousand people or so, right? There's your soil...many seeds have been planted and are thriving. Some are weeds...but which ones? Your weeds might be my medicinal herbs. My weeds could be your wildflowers.

I say leave it alone and consider this your place to search for the wild asparagus. Plant your own seeds...leave your truth out there. Take what you find useful. No need to argue or protest that someone else left a weed you can't use. Leave it. Someone else might find it and like it.

Now, about disinformation....the forums are full of it. Rather than attempting to eliminate it (which is impossible), I suggest that this is a sterling opportunity for practicing discernment, and detachment. This is an example of how it's better to be FOR something than AGAINST things. We're all against things, and most of us have wasted a lot of time "kicking against the goads." Being positive is never a waste of time, and in the end will accomplish the desired goal not by flogging the negatives but by illuminating the shadows.

Last edited by whitecrow; 11-04-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:29 PM   #103
Accipiter_Phi
Avalon Senior Member

Location: over there, to the left... no, not that left, this left!

[We got three thousand people or so, right? There's your soil...many seeds have been planted and are thriving. Some are weeds...but which ones? Your weeds might be my medicinal herbs. My weeds could be your wildflowers.

... No need to argue or protest that someone else left a weed you can't use. Leave it. Someone else might find it and like it.]

HEAR HEAR!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #104
Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrow View Post

We got three thousand people or so, right? There's your soil...many seeds have been planted and are thriving. Some are weeds...but which ones? Your weeds might be my medicinal herbs. My weeds could be your wildflowers.

I say leave it alone and consider this your place to search for the wild asparagus. Plant your own seeds...leave your truth out there. Take what you find useful. No need to argue or protest that someone else left a weed you can't use. Leave it. Someone else might find it and like it.

Beautiful analogy! I came on board as a mod with the intent of gardening. Some weeds are nutritious, however, too many weeds will choke the flowers. Gardens need tending. Gardening can be zen and an art form. Gardens are nurtured with love.

Peace~ Kat

Old 11-04-2008, 06:04 PM   #105
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Dearest Kevin,
i have edited my posts, and, asked others to do so also,
and, i do apologize to you publically,
as, my intention, was NOT to single you out,
but, rather to ask a few questions,
that apparently hit a "bad chord" with NOT only you,
but, also a few other people,
and, that was definitely NOT my intent, or, my intention.
so, i am sorry if my post, was disturbing to you,
and, i hope you see it in your angelic heart...
to forgive me
love
susan - the eXchanger
Old 11-04-2008, 06:08 PM   #106
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
I came on board as a mod with the intent of gardening. Some weeds are nutritious, however, too many weeds will choke the flowers. Gardens need tending. Gardening can be zen and an art form. Gardens are nurtured with love.
Agreed, Kat...yet I don't think of the forum as a garden as much as one of those wild places where I go hiking. You don't find the sacred sage in gardens but on hillsides in the back country. I like the wildness of the forums, and the only threads I'd be inclined to "prune" are those where a few jerks just get ugly.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #107
Suriel

Wink Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?

Thank you Susan. It was just a misunderstanding on my part.
We are all here together. And I want everyone to be happy.
If I feel like I am making someone uncomfortable, it bothers me.
We are all drawn here for a reason. I do believe that you are a
wonderful addition to Avalon. I hold value in your words.
You are forgiven and well respected.

Peace and Love,
Kevin

Old 11-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #108
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

Default Here's a thought...

Let US be the change we would like to see on Project Avalon!

You want it to be a particular way BE THAT WAY

We can practice our transformation here then bring it out to the world!

Keep bringing/being the Light and the darkness will not be able to survive here or in the world.

Before posting let US think about how it will affect the whole

Before attacking let US go within to see why we are choosing to attack our brother/sister/ourselves

Before negating another's opinion let US think about how we would feel if someone negated ours.

Let US choose unconditional love,

Let US see with the eyes of our souls,

Let US listen with our hearts.

We all bring our own unique gifts to the table of life.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #109
karmakah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Here's a thought...

TruthWillSetUFree:
I could not have said it better myself! Your words ring true to me...and hopefully to a lot of others as well...
Old 11-04-2008, 10:17 PM   #110
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

The Great Work for myself and Hubbie is, in Phase 1, to discreate compulsions to be at one end of the pole or the other. Discreate "Karma".

Gnosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 The Great Work View Post
This forum is perfect, whole and complete
Everything flows, out and in; everything has its tides; all things rise and fall; the pendulum-swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left; rhythm compensates

Everything is Dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled.
By Correspondence

All natural effects are from spiritual causes. All is spirit
Old 11-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #111
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

I haven't read all of these posts because... Life's too short

A couple of weeks before I found Camelot I was searching for something... then I found Camelot WOW I absorbed all the interviews gather what I could then... I started researching stuff like opening my 3rd eye and detoxing and then WOW Avalon was launched and there was SUCH a vibe there were a lot of early posters who seemed to have all the information I was seeking... WOW and then BAMM... I felt like I was kicked in the nuts when the forum was down and all these news rules were implemented and the threads locked and the split into two... The forum has recovered just and the swelling in my metaphorical jewels is going down.

I still miss thefirst few weeks of avalon 1.

I'm still gathering info I just feel it is less than it was.... my £0.02.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:16 AM   #112
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Here's a thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthWillSetUFree View Post
Let US be the change we would like to see on Project Avalon!

You want it to be a particular way BE THAT WAY

We can practice our transformation here then bring it out to the world!

Keep bringing/being the Light and the darkness will not be able to survive here or in the world.

Before posting let US think about how it will affect the whole

Before attacking let US go within to see why we are choosing to attack our brother/sister/ourselves

Before negating another's opinion let US think about how we would feel if someone negated ours.

Let US choose unconditional love,

Let US see with the eyes of our souls,

Let US listen with our hearts.

We all bring our own unique gifts to the table of life.
absolutely
well said

we can all be "rare" and, "well done" at the same time
if we follow your suggestions

brightest blessings
of energy, light and love to all
susan
the eXchanger
Old 11-06-2008, 12:52 AM   #113
David
Avalon Senior Member

At this point, I think this forum is a good experiment. Good intentions were put into it's creation. Personalities from all over the globe with good & bad intentions conversing. This forum is alive like like the forest floor. All kinds of information, opinions and alternative resources merged into a single entity. We are going through convulsions right now to establish it's identity and I for one am sticking around to see it's true form.

It's Alive!
Old 11-06-2008, 01:03 AM   #114
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
At this point, I think this forum is a good experiment. Good intentions were put into it's creation. Personalities from all over the globe with good & bad intentions conversing. This forum is alive like like the forest floor. All kinds of information, opinions and alternative resources merged into a single entity. We are going through convulsions right now to establish it's identity and I for one am sticking around to see it's true form.
Wonderful put in words.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:44 AM   #115
Suriel

Wink Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?

Thanks for your participation in this poll. The results of the poll and your comments will be taken into consideration by the mod team and the admin.

Peace,
Kevin

Old 11-19-2008, 09:15 AM   #116
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

This thread has been repatriated. It is closed, but is being returned for reference.
Closed Thread

Tags
complaints, feelings, forum, poll, popularity