Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 11-07-2008, 07:21 AM   #1
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Though I love, I do not feel loved

As much as I am starting to realize an increase in my capacity to love others, I am still left with the feeling that I am not loved.

I realize that it may be selfish to even wish to be loved but I do not think it is unreasonable for people to want to feel loved as well as to be able to love.

Any thoughts?
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:24 AM   #2
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Though I love, I do not feel loved

If I may add, this is in general.

I did have an experience last week where I felt loved by friends but this does not stick with me for long. I feel an empty space that is only filled temporary.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:42 AM   #3
isotelesis
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Re: Though I love, I do not feel loved

I hope this helps, love is not just a feeling, it is a way of finding peace with yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2CvZ6MzMX0
isotelesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:22 AM   #4
IGOBETWEENLORDS
Avalon Senior Member

Many thoughts come to mind...As I just stated on another thread. This road is a hard one but well worth it! You are not alone and you are loved. The 3D world is so intense and pervasive that it often times causes all of us not to seek what is truly important in life which is the loving and caring for and of one another.

"Love is the difference God makes" -- You have decided to make a stand in love and what you put out you will get back!

Welcome to the struggle that is to be selfless and devoted to improving the lives of those around you. Do not be discouraged, keep moving and "paying it forward" in your love and fellowship towards others without conditions.

Love & Blessing to you and all ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwc6Bj8ii5U

I am what I am but I am nothing without God!
IGOBETWEENLORDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:26 AM   #5
meekforce
Avalon Senior Member

Maybe you also need to love yourself as well.

Trying tapping into Eckart Tolle feelings for while empathicly - don't stay to long as we are on a journey

http://oneheartbooks.com/resources/v...ess_tolle.html
meekforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:27 AM   #6
Ampgod
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
As much as I am starting to realize an increase in my capacity to love others, I am still left with the feeling that I am not loved.

I realize that it may be selfish to even wish to be loved but I do not think it is unreasonable for people to want to feel loved as well as to be able to love.

Any thoughts?
I love you man!

Ampgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:32 AM   #7
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meekforce View Post
Maybe you also need to love yourself as well.

Trying tapping into Eckart Tolle feelings for while empathicly - don't stay to long as we are on a journey

http://oneheartbooks.com/resources/v...ess_tolle.html
Actually, I think I do love myself. Every day is a new adventure (and I mean that) and every day, I encounter things I've never seen (as well as things I've seen).

As part of my schooling, I was asked to make what they call an "action plan". In that plan, I have detailed how I plan to get involved more with helping others and how I have already made that step. I feel that I am on a good track so far and as new as it sounds, I know that change takes time and after a while, it's smooth and effortless.

In regards to loving oneself, I still believe that we need to be careful as that "love" could manifest into a way of feeding the ego.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:35 AM   #8
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOBETWEENLORDS View Post
Many thoughts come to mind...As I just stated on another thread. This road is a hard one but well worth it! You are not alone and you are loved. The 3D world is so intense and pervasive that it often times causes all of us not to seek what is truly important in life which is the loving and caring for and of one another.

"Love is the difference God makes" -- You have decided to make a stand in love and what you put out you will get back!

Welcome to the struggle that is to be selfless and devoted to improving the lives of those around you. Do not be discouraged, keep moving and "paying it forward" in your love and fellowship towards others without conditions.

Love & Blessing to you and all ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwc6Bj8ii5U

I am what I am but I am nothing without God!

It's a road that I'm willing to take too. Strong believer in taking the pass less traveled and I know that it's weird to be 27 and still taking college courses but again, I view it as the road less traveled.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:19 AM   #9
Ali Quadir
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
In regards to loving oneself, I still believe that we need to be careful as that "love" could manifest into a way of feeding the ego.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
I think that loving yourself does not feed the ego more than hating yourself. The ego is your specific interface to the world, it is not bad or good or even has a preference for either. It tries to serve you by making the world as predictable and simple to interact with as possible.

Those who keep asking themselves questions like "Why does this always happen to me!" are at that moment surrendering control to their ego. When you engage in conflict because the other side started it, then it's the ego talking. You know you've given full control to your ego when you act on the level of stimulus response all the time.

Paradoxically this means that what seems like egotistical behavior on the surface. Can actually be a wise decision not guided by the ego at all. "No I'm not going to fix your problems for the gazillionth time." and "This is MY life..."

When you love yourself you're not giving control to the ego. In fact, it's often the only right thing to do to escape from the ego since the ego uses so many guilt (I aught to) games. So love yourself unconditionally first. You can forgive your own every mistake IF you make a real and honest attempt to avoid those mistakes either before making them or choosing to do so in the future. And once you are capable of loving yourself unconditionally. You will be able to accept other people loving you unconditionally. That's when it will happen. But paradoxically also you won't need it any more at that time.

We are all very much worthy of love. Unconditionally. Apparently since you feel you're not getting it. You feel you aught to be getting it. That means you have some conditionality left in how exactly the love is meant to be shared.
Ali Quadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #10
taomation
Avalon Senior Member

I believe that loving yourself is God's love. If we are all souls expressed by God then our individual power to love is great, because it is God.

You have experience the ability to love others, but if you can learn to love yourself with the same depth and commitment then you will express your God nature and people will love you all the more, because they will see your light. But the funny thing is that once you get to that point, you won't care so much any more.

It is my feeling that whatever the problem is, the answer is mediation, which is a way of expressing a profound subconscious current of love. Peace...Tao
taomation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:23 AM   #11
SplatPantZ

Quote:
If I may add, this is in general.

I did have an experience last week where I felt loved by friends but this does not stick with me for long. I feel an empty space that is only filled temporary.
I love you bud, we are all loved by somebody
Old 11-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #12
Seeker Mom
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I know that it's weird to be 27 and still taking college courses
That's not weird at all; it's very admirable. Don't waste another second feeling embarrassed for taking courses at only 27. I'm a lot older than you and I'm thinking about taking a few courses in order to go back to work after being a stay-at-home mom for 16 years.

As far as not feeling loved, I think it's just part of the human condition. Sometimes I think people only love me for what I can do for them and not who I really am. If I stopped doing things for them, would they still love me? Maybe I'll go back to school and work and find out.
Seeker Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:54 AM   #13
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Humble

I hear you loud and clear and for me there is a huge difference in understanding a concept intellectually and actually feeling it. Its the hardest task you have set yourself.

There are lots of people here whose interests lie in "the facts" of this or that and that is a very worthy occupation but totally secondary to what you have brought up in this thread.

It is so difficult to accept the love of others if you are like me and do not have a solid history of love to look to. What I mean is love and compassion pours out of me to the homeless animals my friends etc..... and I know intellectually that by analysing the actions of others towards me that they are expressions of love, but to trully feel it and accept it is a long road. Give yourself a break and realise that if you don't get it straightaway don't loose heart. As I said you are bringing forth the hardest of the lessons and perhps the most important one for us on the planet and you are only 27 so you have all the time in the world, despite what others may think on this forum.

I use a little thought that helps me. I imagine if I met me, how wonderful I would think I am and how nice I would be to someone like me. It actually makes you understand that you can love yourself by proxy, first, and then it will get easier and easier. Their is a division in you, and in all, a seperation of the heart and mind and to narrow that gap by the end of your life is a wonderful achievement indeed.

Allow yourself the space to love the other in you who feels unloved !

Take care

g
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #14
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Hey humble janitor,behave- we all love each other-it's sometimes confusing in this life as to where to feel the love but i'm sure we've all opted to be here and to play the roles we're playing out-it maybe that it's part of your role at this time to feel this,meaning that you are learning something about yerselfand others.in the meantime Jack we all love you and these aren't words spoken lightly and off the cuff-if you were here with me or i was with you-i'd give you a hug a kiss on the cheek and say c'mon big guy let's go and have a beer and make someone laugh!!lol.
P.S. the wall is a great album-i enjoy all of the floyd stuff -have a listen to this roger waters second solo album after pros. and cons.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TNgYXsPHTkA

Last edited by Antaletriangle; 11-07-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:23 AM   #15
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Any thoughts?

Ra:

You are loved and cherished more than your mind can comprehend. For you are the light, you are the love, indeed, you are the one infinite creator and no-one and nothing can take that from you.

Me:

Each act, each word you utter, each thought you bring into being, is a divine act of creation. How can the universe not sing in praise at such a thing?

You are simply amazing.

We all love you for that.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #16
khristmaskathy
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Though I love, I do not feel loved

Sending you much love this morning...

Hope you have a good weekend!
khristmaskathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:52 PM   #17
sleepingnomore

You are looking outward to fill that void within you. It must come from you. You need to love and accept yourself and the light within will draw the love from others. Shine on!
Old 11-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #18
andromeda
Avalon Senior Member

To really feel loved you have to integrate with your HIgher Self and Soul. That love we crave and seek in others never gets fullfilled because who can love us without condition?

Even if you find a guru and feel loved unconditionally by him/her it wont last, the only true love comes from within.

It is not only about loving yourself unconditionally as you are but accepting that you are loved 24/7 by your soul, your higher self and your spirit and of course all that is.

I myself teach others how to reconect themselves with their multidimensional beings but I am in England. I am sure there are many teachers in your area that can help you reconect with your higher self.

Once you are reconected you never feel alone or unloved anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILJNAWzuRkI

Much love
andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:03 PM   #19
Sherab
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Any thoughts?
If you do not feel loved (i.e. love yourself) you cannot love others, period.

Try to find all the people in your life you have enjoyed being around, even if just for a moment. The reason you liked to be around them is because they had the wish of love for you (they don't have to be perfect people). Imagine them sending you love, until you filled up and the love begins to naturally overflow to others.

Check out a book call [U]Awakening Through Love[U] by John Makransky. It contains some beautiful meditations to awaken to love that surrounds you all the time.
Sherab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:22 PM   #20
Deoxyan

to really felt love someone have to really show love to you. that´s all.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:23 AM   #21
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I really appreciate the replies and it you know what? It does help me feel more loved. Part of the reason why I will stay here, even if I have to pay just to post.

I appreciate the suggestions as well. I do love myself (to an extent) and I learn something new about myself every day.