Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Resources > Sharing Resources

Notices

Old 09-06-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year
Default Gathering a list of peoples skills/ experience/ offerings

This thread is for everyone to write down what skills they have? ..experience in life to offer? and what they might be able to offer others?

I am skilled in Counselling, group facilitation, healing trauma,
coaching children, mediator and negotiator ,designer, artist .
I lived communally in alternative housing community for many years
( not now) and have experience of being on committees, representative, disputes co ordinator in addition to learning to co exist harmoniously with other groups of individuals with varying backgrounds....

I offer myself wholeheartedly in any way possible regarding us all dealing with potential impending meltdown!

PLEASE CAN THIS THREAD BE KEPT AS A LISTING ONLY! private emails can be sent regarding anything written here...
many thanks to all who contribute!

and now its your turn....
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:26 PM   #2
Jamie
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Gathering a list of peoples skills/ experience/ offerings

Ex MoD Civil Servant on a Category one Naval Project, does that count?

As a Civil Servant I learned to delegate, not take responsibilty, go over schedule and go over budget.

But none of the above were my fault...lol

Last edited by Jamie; 09-21-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:28 PM   #3
Kiluminati
Avalon Senior Member

I have 5 years of experience in the web-design field and can pretty much do anything you need.
If you require assistance with a relevant project, don't hesitate to contact me.
Kiluminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:00 AM   #4
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

I am a creative, experimental, hands-on type of person.
I have many survival and living skills.
I am an artist (painter, sculptor), a tool-user (prefer hand tools), skilled in working with wood, concrete and some metals. I don't weld, don't do electricity and don't understand motors.
I sew, knit, darn, can make clothing and patterns from scratch, and new clothes from old clothes.
I am a natural engineer, can figure out how to do things with unusual materials. In that way, I am a creative problem-solver. I can make almost anything I need out of whatever materials are at hand.
I work with plants and would like to work with animals.
I do small-scale gardening and food preservation and would like to learn more about growing and using medicinal herbs.
I'm very sensitive to Earth energies, with a deep appreciation of the complex inter-relationships of all life on this planet, and the living planet itself.
I very much admire the Amish.
I type (only in an emergency), am good at organizing systems and seeing the patterns and flow of systems.
I would love to be part of a sustainable community of creative problem solvers, for whom the word "can't" doesn't exist.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:02 AM   #5
Peace4Gaia
Avalon Senior Member

I am currently working as an administrative assistant. I am quite skilled at organizing, scheduling, communicating, writing, problem-solving, research, if it needs doing, let's get it done!! And no stranger to hard work either.

I also worked for an after-hours radiology reading service for a year, very cutting-edge, totally online via the internet... that job taught me how to multitask under pressure, when someone's life hangs in the balance, with a surgeon standing by waiting for a reading, you learn very quickly what is and isn't important in life.

I guess what I'm saying is... there isn't much that rattles me and I'm ready to get busy!!
Peace4Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:49 AM   #6
I_Am
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Gathering a list of peoples skills/ experience/ offerings

Stockholm, Sweden
  • Architect (speciality: echologically based architecture)
  • IT-consultant
  • Gardening
  • Healer/Shaman
  • Former Swedish Army Captain
  • Good at cooking
  • Skilled in slaughter (mostly chicken and ducks) and fishing
  • You do want me in your Trivial Pursuit Team

Last edited by I_Am; 09-10-2008 at 04:17 PM.
I_Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #7
David
Avalon Senior Member

Richmond, Virginia
  • Electrical Engineer (10 years exp)
  • Construction Estimator (2 years exp)
  • Wood Worker (Hobby)
  • Web Designer (Hobby)
  • Project Manager (12 years exp)
  • Hunting (with musket) / Fishing / Trapping (Small Game)
  • Gardening

Last edited by David; 09-10-2008 at 12:22 PM.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:26 AM   #8
bulbous
Avalon Senior Member

We are a small group in North Eastern Thailand. We have land, we have water and we have rice and animals. We are continually being offered the use of more land, often with buildings and agricultural equipment. We have development projects for alternative and renewable energy, solar thermal turbines (it's hot here!), alternative pharmaceuticals and m-state material extraction.

We have a very great potential in a safe area many hundreds of kilometres from any ocean. We wish to develop this potential and need more people to join us in order to do so.

We need the support of people with building skills, farming and gardening skills, animal husbandry (slaughtering!) skills, healers, teachers, electrical, electronic and engineering skills and others who wish to join us
bulbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:38 PM   #9
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member

Skilled in construction of new homes. All types of piping. Pipe fitting, gas and plumbing. Good with all hardwares. Also am skilled in managing people. Volume distribution. Getting alot done with few people. Also have a crew ready to assemble. Skilled with maps and all types of traveling. Have a route set up for a b line right down to south america. Just in case. Looking to change current situation. Will work diligently to accomplish a safe place wherever that may be. Oh and im also a good listener. So please dont hesitate to contact. even if its just to talk.
Jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:43 AM   #10
bulbous
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Vorian,

You are welcome to come and see what we have here. You won't see much in Udon yet as we are preparing our land to start building. You will be able to get a feel for the place though and what we are about. Like I said we need more folks.
bulbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:59 PM   #11
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for the offer my friend, however thailand is soo far away. I would have to discuss this with friends. If I were to fly anywhere im fairly certain it would be so. america. But I will consider all possibilities.
Jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:25 PM   #12
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

Electrical Engineer, Large Construction Project Manager
Negotiation and Mediation
Adept at all electrical power systems, including inverters, generators, circuits
Photographer with large format printing capacity
Living / Raw Food Preparation
Reiki / Quantum Touch / Crystal Bowls / Tuning Forks / EFT
Holo-Sync and Hemi-Sync
Resources all in place to join a resonant community (search is activated!)
Zynox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:57 PM   #13
washproof
Avalon Senior Member

Graphic/Web Designer, Illustrator, Commercial & Concept Artist.

I will offer my service for free to any ethical project that serves mankind in attaining greater knowledge and understanding,
raising consciousness and awareness levels.

http://washproofstudios.blogspot.com/

Last edited by washproof; 09-13-2008 at 01:00 PM.
washproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:25 AM   #14
Darren Swisher
Avalon Senior Member

Hi All, Here are my attributes:

Performance clothing design, fire retardent
Composite materials fabrication, helmets and body Armor
Thermal properties of clothing, mostly high temp clothing
work well in group envirnment
cooking
farming, vegitation and animals
Preserving foods
Sewing
basic first aid

thanks

Darren
Darren Swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:03 AM   #15
indakaz
Avalon Senior Member

first of all, I think this is the most help-full thread on Avalon that I've come across.

I am creator of indakazproductions (youtube)

I am the creator of islandonlinenews (youtube, soon website)

videographer

video editor

director

writer

researcher

pleased to be at your service
indakaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:01 AM   #16
FelipeSparx29
Avalon Senior Member

youtube.com/felipesparx29
offer my services to help the planet through this transistion through cooperation, friendship, humor.
i can communicate and work well with others, great with computers and general troubleshooting soft and hardware. Farming. Using my energy to calm people in uncertain situations. Co-exsist well with others. Can sence other peoples emotions instantly when they are around me.

Last edited by FelipeSparx29; 09-22-2008 at 03:13 AM.
FelipeSparx29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #17
Cyrellys
Avalon Senior Member

In central Montana...Crooked Post Ranch

We are setting up a livestock operation on our ranch, meat rabbit, chicken (eggs & pasture broilers), sheep....I have dual purpose Targhee sheep which are both meat & fine fleece (lace weight white wool). We are working to specialize in raising bum lambs for several larger producers in our area who do not have as much time to attend to them. That means locker lambs available in June through July for sale...any unsold lambs go to commercial buyers at out of state auctions. I can help anyone who crochets, knits, weaves with raw fleeces at producer costs with pre-arrangement (shearing in our area occurs in MARCH)...buy direct rather than from large national retail shops! Some of us have fleeces still in storage, others unload the unwanted fleeces on Commercial Wool Pools by end of April if not contacted by interested end users. We have a growing series of young 4-H producers with specialty sheep in Central Montana such as Icelandic Crosses, Shetlands, Blue Leicester Crosses, etc for those wanting colored fleeces. Our Montana local small ranch produce is going to waste or to low paying big business bulk buyers, folks, because we need to connect direct with the consumers and most ranchers don't know how or have the time! I am willing to help connect people with our local ranchers and farmers.

Skills:

Ranching
Construction & Remodel
Hunting - Local Hunt Guiding
Cyber Research & Networking
Sustainable Living - Earth Stewardship approach
Exopolitics
Home Schooling - We have a growing library both physical books & digital books (the Robinson Curriculum from the Oregon Institute of Science & Medicine has an excellent set of 22 plus CD's full of Books a complete 12 year Elementary/High School Education which you can mail order from them for about $200 which includes a whole lot of extras...yell at me if you want to know more or go look them up online at their website)
Networking with others in our local area

Needs:

3 to 4 Cord quantity approx of Hardwood (Russian Olive Acceptable) for farming purposes, it must have the bark on it!

Any scrap fencing wire, metal, wood (all types), & cage wire

Accepting at this time any unwanted sheep

Accepting at this time any unwanted meat type rabbits

Looking for any leftover or unneeded grass seed, clover seed, alfalfa seed

Looking for local 1 to 3 year old straw.

Wanted local or near local partner for producing market garden 2009, I have land, water, tending/stewardship, and you have open pollinated (non-hybrid) seed.

If you want pigeon (quab) and have live traps...I have barn rafters full of the pests. They need to go so I can store winter produce in my upper barn level undisturbed.

Extra: I have two unstarted horses at prime age 7 - 10 yrs old in need of a new home(s)...one mare & 1 gelding. $100 each.

Our Area:
Cascade MT & down Canyon of us to Hardy Creek, Dearborn, Craig, & Wolf Creek there are many opportunities for small landholders to set up shop if you are willing to build. Building regulations are very flexible in our area and many of the hill homesteads have opted for alternative methods/structures like strawbale & off grid. We have the Missouri River running through our area...and would love to see more families like-minded moving in. People in our area are hardy, practical, fiercely independent and resourceful. Caution, the climate in our area gets to -40/-35 with deep snow in winter at times and always lots of wind, so it is not for the faint of heart but is very rewarding for those who are able to tackle such issues.

All Visitors Welcome.

Cyrellys
Cyrellys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:37 AM   #18
Seva
Avalon Senior Member

HI

My skills are

medical field worked as nurse - post op,emergency trauma and long term care, medical tech, and started out as physical therapist and can do massage therapy.

born with energy healing abilities, reiki ect. and give great hugs

i left the medical field due to it being a enviornment that did not allow healers to heal people. its quite a mess and your better off at home then in a hospital unles syou need surgery

with my awsome hand/eye skills (i could put in a IV with eyes closed ) i do metal work now, have own small internet business

other skills are

im hyper, (oridional ritalin kid) it lets me be able to do many things at once, and have bright sparks of EUREKA. not the best on focus thou lol But i am a great information gatherer. I have gotten little survival tidbits from all over.

Also have skills in basic hands on stuff, i come form your classic hands on redneck family lol where the girls get power tools for x-mas (pink ones) and when soemthing breaks you fix it, if something needs building you build it yourself.

Im also a avid organic gardener, been growing food for years in in floridas nasty sandy soil :P

and have studied alternative building materials using recycled things. Im great at turning a thing youed throw away into something that is useful.

im a great cook same creativity i use for thingis i can do with the same old ingredients make them into new and somewhat exciting munchies lol miht be good if we are stuck with seasonal things. I just got some DVD's on canning foods and food storage

humm im also a poet, peacemaker, mediator, been told i do a great guided meditaion aswell.

single and have no kids and stong community where i could be of use to my peeps is more important to me then location

love to my lightworker peeps!

and this thread is a great idea. Minds need to meet and put all the thoughts they have gathered on the table and we can see what we can put together
Seva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:44 AM   #19
333mark333
Avalon Senior Member

Location: The Western Shore of the Hudson Bay-churchill, manitoba, canada

I am a self taught herbalist and a wilderness survival practitioner.
333mark333 is offline   Reply With Quote