Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Ufology

Notices

Old 01-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Default New Zealand Military to Release Secret UFO Files

New Zealand Military to release secret UFO files
25-01-2010

Hundreds of pages of secret files on New Zealand UFO sightings will be released by the military this year. The files include reports of UFO sightings from 1979 till 1984 and references to the Kaikoura sighting of December 1978. The files are held by Archives New Zealand and were to be made public this month, but the Defence Force is removing personal information from them to comply with the Privacy Act.

"At the moment we are working on making copies of these files, minus the personal information," a Defence Force spokeswoman said. "Once this work is completed, we are hoping to be able to release a copy of all the UFO files, including some ahead of their release time, within the year."

Lights were spotted in the sky over Kaikoura in December 1978 and were filmed by an Australian news crew. Aircraft tracked the lights, which were also seen on radar.

A man who worked for the Transport Ministry's civil aviation division when the Kaikoura lights were spotted said he would like to see the government files. The man said he was working at Christchurch International Airport at that time. He saw United States Air Force planes with unusual call signs touring the area and believes the full story about the lights has not been disclosed. "For the US Air Force to come all that way and spend three days here, there must have been something going on," he said.

The Press newspaper sought any Defence Force files on UFO sightings under the Official Information Act in August last year. The Defence Force said the request "would require a substantial amount of collation, research and consultation to identify whether any of that information could be released" and it was "not in a position to deploy staff to undertake that task". It said public files on UFO sightings were available from Archives New Zealand. The Press requested access to those files from Archives New Zealand, but was not able to see them as they had been borrowed by the Defence Force.

The director of research group UFOCUS NZ, Suzanne Hansen, said she was frustrated by the delayed release but understood the privacy reasons. "We have been in discussion with the New Zealand Defence Force for many years. It is frustrating from a research perspective because we would like to collate these sightings with international research." Ms Hansen said some sightings could have been alien technology. "There are cases that are certainly not our technology. It has been scientifically proven that this is entirely possible."

Source: www.stuff.co.nz

Last edited by TRANCOSO; 01-25-2010 at 10:20 PM.
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: New Zealand Military to Release Secret UFO Files

The first time I saw a UFO was in 1979 from Orari near Geraldine in the South Island of New Zealand. It was flying horizontally in the direction of the foot hills. It was one of the tradionally shapped craft

It looked like this.

I was only about 9 years old but the image has stuck with me all my life. I don't know how I knew it was a flying saucer as I had never seen them before.

I saw two a couple of weeks ago that were "growing" chem trails. these were more like orb shaped. I was going to get my camera but then the cat threw up and I had to clean it up when I cam back they had gone. Before christmas on boxing day I saw one that looked like a tiny star ship enterpise. i.e. it had the flat disk on top with a payload dragged behind. I tried to take a picture with my cell phone but as I was driving by time I got myself organised it had gone.

Anyway, I know what I saw and they wern't aircraft or weather baloons or swamp gas.
Initiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:43 PM   #3
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Now, New Zealand too?

I don't think what this is leading to is Disclosure.

There seems rather a concerted effort on an international level to release "handpicked files" I speculate the motive, in order to "dump" the issue.

Its no coincidence Canada have done the same, as well as UK, Belgium, Denmark, Brazil, France, Chile, and other countries.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:23 AM   #4
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
A man who worked for the Transport Ministry's civil aviation division when the Kaikoura lights were spotted said he would like to see the government files. The man said he was working at Christchurch International Airport at that time. He saw United States Air Force planes with unusual call signs touring the area and believes the full story about the lights has not been disclosed. "For the US Air Force to come all that way and spend three days here, there must have been something going on," he said.
At that time the American government were using Christchurch as a staging post to send men and supplies to Antarctica. So it is no surprise that American military aircraft were to be seen in Christchurch skies. See the following quote from:

http://www.mfat.govt.nz/Foreign-Rela...tica/index.php

"Antarctic cooperation is an important part of New Zealand's relations with other countries. For example, New Zealand, the United States and Italy share resources by operating a joint logistics pool out of Christchurch in support of their respective Antarctic programmes. New Zealand scientists cooperate on Antarctic research with scientists from many countries."
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote