Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #26
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Giving raw food a shot

Healty indeed -->
http://www.herbreference.com/juniper_berries.html
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:03 AM   #27
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Giving raw food a shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace of mind View Post
The cramps will go away…
wow, just gave me some flashbacks when I first started this back in the day. Your stomach is probably saying wtf? haha. Yeah some raw foods are high in acids so certain experimentations in blending might send you scurrying to the commode. You sound like a real smoothie alchemist there LJ…just be careful you don’t blow a new hole in your rear tire...sometimes the body needs to make adjustments if it isn’t used to something.

Like Greetings suggested… every ones body takes different time periods to adjust and sometimes fasting allows for a smoother transition. The body will get used to it as it continues to purify itself.

Peace
I actually took a short break to regroup but I just bought more frozen fruit. I don't think the blender is up to the task now because it's quite noisy and all but it still does the trick.

I almost ended up buying a Jack LaLanne power juicer but I lost interest when he showed the pulp catcher in the commercial. The pulp is where the nutrients are and basically, that's a device for people who aren't willing to take the time to make something. They just want to drop in fruit and have the machine take care of it. I prefer to take my time to create something.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:29 AM   #28
Jonathon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I actually took a short break to regroup but I just bought more frozen fruit. I don't think the blender is up to the task now because it's quite noisy and all but it still does the trick.

I almost ended up buying a Jack LaLanne power juicer but I lost interest when he showed the pulp catcher in the commercial. The pulp is where the nutrients are and basically, that's a device for people who aren't willing to take the time to make something. They just want to drop in fruit and have the machine take care of it. I prefer to take my time to create something.
Hola HJ,

Quite the contrary sir, the nutrients are in the juice Hence why the Gerson Method is so effective. You can reap an incredible amount of nutrition from juicing due to the fact that it's impossible to consume the same amount in the whole food equivalent (you can drink 60 carrots a day, but likely won't be able to eat that amount).

Wanted to check the thread to see how you were doing and to give you a good sandwich to try - has been a major staple for me for the past year.

Ingredients:
1) A good whole grain organic bread
2) Organic Raw Almond Butter
3) Organic Raisins, Sunflower & Pumpkin seeds (can pick and choose on the seeds as they don't offer much in the way of flavor - mostly for added nutrients)
4) 1 Banana sliced into flat quarters (1 slice in middle, then slice longways)
5) Raw organic spinach - cram a good handfull in there =)

Here's a good general resource for you with regard to pesticides in the various foods you may want to bookmark. Obviously you want to go organic whenever possible:

http://whatsinmyfood.org/index.jsp
Jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #29
Barron
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminari View Post
I joined this forum a few weeks ago HJ;

http://www.giveittomeraw.com/

There are other Avalon members on there too.
(Yes, there certainly are!) Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!
Barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:01 AM   #30
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathon View Post
Hola HJ,

Quite the contrary sir, the nutrients are in the juice Hence why the Gerson Method is so effective. You can reap an incredible amount of nutrition from juicing due to the fact that it's impossible to consume the same amount in the whole food equivalent (you can drink 60 carrots a day, but likely won't be able to eat that amount).

Wanted to check the thread to see how you were doing and to give you a good sandwich to try - has been a major staple for me for the past year.

Ingredients:
1) A good whole grain organic bread
2) Organic Raw Almond Butter
3) Organic Raisins, Sunflower & Pumpkin seeds (can pick and choose on the seeds as they don't offer much in the way of flavor - mostly for added nutrients)
4) 1 Banana sliced into flat quarters (1 slice in middle, then slice longways)
5) Raw organic spinach - cram a good handfull in there =)

Here's a good general resource for you with regard to pesticides in the various foods you may want to bookmark. Obviously you want to go organic whenever possible:

http://whatsinmyfood.org/index.jsp
So if the ingredients are in the juice, umm, huh? I'm confused now.

New habits take a while to set in with me so it'll take time to gradually change my diet to where I want it. I've tried to balance out anything unsavory with something healthy.

In regards to fruits, I was unable to find organic frozen fruit at one supermarket but it can be found at two others so I will just have to frequent the supermarkets that have what I need for now.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #31
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Giving raw food a shot

I visited a farm again that I used to go to and found out that there growing
now organic Purple and Yellow carrots.

There automaticly added to my dieet
Most of them I saw where sold , I just purchased them what was left

So
My basic foods on the moment I put in the blender are

Durian
Orange,yellow, purple carrot
Blue green Algae

Cheapest I found on the net and it is a powerfull food to add to your dieet
I received it a view days ago and it is the Blue green Algae (color and smell different that from chlorella)

http://www.capsuline.com/product_inf...roducts_id=162

Chlorella
Coconut oil
pump
Sunflower seeds
Pumpkin seeds

And anything from herbs and any other foods I can find
http://www.healingfoodreference.com/
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:45 AM   #32
Devakas
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Humble Janitor

What great suggestions and recipes for a paradise health here in this thread. Thanks for sharing.
I did not see on Avalon mentioning Arnold Ehret and his book The Mucusless Diet and Healing System.
What I remember is He was an Austrian doctor in last century and after his life research he stated that humans are fruit eaters. He tried for himself to eat only fruits, he felt full of energy and health, even a cut wound with blood healed in next day and no pain felt at all. Later he introduced to his diet eggs, later he added meat and made conclusions that a wound did not heal for a long time, he felt pain and etc.
He cured many sick with his fruit diet.
I should admit this book convinced many to became complete vegetarians.
He states that there are plenty nutrients in a single fruit, such as banana or apple and the passion to mix many is completely not necessary. Kinda ok to go with a banana for a week and apple for next.

Many who followed his advice achieved such a state that even after long walks for people the body feels weightless, no tiredness or less energy at all.
He also says the fruits should not be canned, frozen or cooked. As all vitamins reduced in this state.
For superb health, full energy to the max he advices to have fasting days.
He states that any disease creates mucus in a body, this is why he suggests mucusless diet to ease body.
The book realy changes life and the all philosophy of our understanding about human food.

I support your great decision to go raw, hope learn from you more good outcomes.

Last edited by Devakas; 03-12-2010 at 05:09 AM.
Devakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:19 AM   #33
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Actually, I've read that fruit that is frozen immediately after picking, retains more of the nutrients that would otherwise be lost.

I don't know who's right here but I still feel good after a smoothie a day or so.

I don't know about going further on this diet as I don't even want it to be a diet. I've started taking thyroid meds again after being off of them for a long time. I probably won't need them after a while if I can increase the amount of nutrients that I get. Regardless, my goal is to drop some weight and create more energy that I can burn throughout the day for whatever tasks I need to do (school, work, etc).