Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
ifeelthefear
Avalon Senior Member

Default Is Your Spouse on board if not any suggestions?

Talking about this stuff with friends and family can be difficult.Open to any suggestions.
ifeelthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #2
ghglenn
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Is Your Spouse on board if not any suggestions?

Well, you have to decide why you are wanting to get them on-board. If you are attempting to get prepared with food/shelter/etc. it is easy to make an arguement for safety and preparedness. If you are trying to get someone to believe in "little green men" (I believe. lol) you are in for an uphill battle. My wife is still skeptical of many things, but the fact that the world is on the verge of something ominous is on every newstand/tv around the world. Should be an easy sell.
ghglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:41 PM   #3
Artycarl
Avalon Senior Member

Speaking as someone who, up till six months ago, my wife and children would utterly dismiss and deride 99% of what we read about in these forums, I have some interesting experience here.

I would deliberately leave out anything to do with aliens etc...all of the weirder stuff, but what I told them earlier this year about the oncoming global financial crisis that I had read and heard about has really now paid dividends (excuse the pun). Now they are all much more interested in what else I read about so its like a slow release of information as and when I feel they can handle it lol.
Artycarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

My husband has known about all this since i started reading the David Icke books around 6 years ago.
I couln't help myself i screamed out O.M.G it's all true then!!!
He looked at me as though i was mad until i started explaining things then he sat back and agreed with what i was trying to tell him.
He is not an avid reader like myself and sometimes i feel i'm doing all the work so to speak, but hey if i'm enlightening someone for my effort so be it.

My son of 26 gets all this stuff and has took a peek on the Camelot site, not sure if he feels the same as i do about it all, we have many discussions on it, i don't think he believes in the reptile thing though, well come on it takes a special kind of person to believe that right!!
Well i wouldn't call myself special but when two blasted great 7 to 8ft tall reptile looking beings invade my dreams then hey i know there's something in it.

There is not much you can do to enlighten people close around you ,you certainly can't make anyone,just a little hint starts the ball rolling believe me i have seen it happen, if it is not meant to be then that person is not ready for any of it.

I have had conversations with people who a year ago would not have believed any of this but now they are talking to me as if i was not the one who put the notion in their head in the first place lol!!

I don't mind i laugh sometimes they look at me oddly but i know i helped them on their way.
The importance of this now is urgent though, with all the speculation of
Pandemics, maybe a war, and other scenarios does feel me with dread a little.
I am wondering still how to do this myself, opening up those who are far from enlightenment.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #5
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Hi,

I was in the same boat quite recently. A wise dude advised me the following:

"I found it best not to tell people the "scary stuff" but most can see the $ and £ in big trouble so from there its easy to talk about self supporting villages, people can see that makes sense.

Also I used to blieve in the written word, if it was written down it had to be true. There is a lot of stuff here that is interesting exciting scary but not necessarily true.

Hope this helps GREYBEARD"

Meaning, a number of these threads dont serve much point other than an interesting conversation/topic. A lot isnt even true. Its for the individual to decide.

However as advised by a few above here, try stick to being prepared for what we can ALL see, the current economical issues. Stocking on a few food items, having enough fuel etc. Not many could argue that this is just good practicle common sense at this moment in time.

Only if (hopefully when) ET shows up go into that. lol

Peace
Iain

Last edited by iainl140285; 10-03-2008 at 03:42 PM.
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #6
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

I have lost two people to this whole delema. I was with one wonderfull girl for 2 years and then another for a little over 3 years. I realize now that if you really care about them then you cannot force anything on them. They are on their own journey and if they need guidence from you then it will happen. You cannot make anybody believe anything. If you ask then to read something and want their opinion on it then that seems less offencive, but you cannot argue with them and accomplish anyting. Some people are not ready to let go and if you try to force them to then they will only grab harder.
Orion Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:34 PM   #7
ifeelthefear
Avalon Senior Member

I thank you all for your words of wisdom.
There is something going on and i don't know what it is but recently the sence is stronger . I believe I am not the only one.
ifeelthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:37 PM   #8
rimax
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Morris View Post
I have lost two people to this whole delema. I was with one wonderfull girl for 2 years and then another for a little over 3 years. I realize now that if you really care about them then you cannot force anything on them. They are on their own journey and if they need guidence from you then it will happen. You cannot make anybody believe anything. If you ask then to read something and want their opinion on it then that seems less offencive, but you cannot argue with them and accomplish anyting. Some people are not ready to let go and if you try to force them to then they will only grab harder.
Thanks ORION, couldn't have said it better
rimax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:07 PM   #9
scanner
Avalon Senior Member

Hi ,I had the same problem with my wife and family. Until last week all the problems USA are having and the credit crunch over the UK, I went back to UTUBE and showed my family what had been predicted by countless people over the years, David Ike was a good one to start with and so on . Some of their predictions have come true.

So asked them if they saw a problem arising, would they prepare for it? The answer was obviously yes , so I proved to them there was a problem coming by way of investigations on the internet and watching/listening to news.

I'm still having trouble with the UFO thing but you never know what may happen on 14 Oct to prove that as well. Best of luck to you and hope you can convince them to take action to survive whatever is coming.

blessings
scanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #10
gazbom
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifeelthefear View Post
Talking about this stuff with friends and family can be difficult.Open to any suggestions.
My dear wife has no trouble believing what is happening out there and she is supportive with what we are trying to achieve, whistle blowing but she can't handle the amount of time I sit behind the computer!
Any suggestions?
gazbom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #11
procrastinator
Avalon Senior Member

My spouse thinks I'm a moron for mentioning the spooky stuff like aliens and governments that blow up trade centers, but she is more busy that I am when it comes to learning how to make soap, knitting, storing food etc.. and has also mentioned that she hopes we can just go live in the woods one day, lol. So I guess we'll keep educating ourselves and getting prepared, even if it is for different reasons..

I am not sure what to suggest if there is no middle ground. I know a lot of people call me a communist for suggesting that we start developing mini intercity villages with their own food and power supply.. not sure what that has to do with communism but!!! oh well..

I guess if you have spouse and kids who want nothing more than to watch american idol.. then I guess you should keep it low key and learn as much as you can. There is little you can really DO until we know what is really going to happen. Eg) I am not going to purchase land or anything because I don't know where or if I will have to flee. And.. land ownership only matters in a functional society..So .. someone correct me if I am wrong, but being mentally and functionally prepared for many different scenarios is going to be the name of the game, so that you can react well while everyone else is freaking out.

Anyway.. so I guess be patient with them and remember they are going to look to you if things get hairy.. I'm always the idiot male around my house until someone needs something :-/
procrastinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #12
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazbom View Post
My dear wife has no trouble believing what is happening out there and she is supportive with what we are trying to achieve, whistle blowing but she can't handle the amount of time I sit behind the computer!
Any suggestions?
My seventeen year old son used to live with me until his mother got wind of my educating him about change, and how our lives are mundane doing what everyone else do.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:42 PM   #13
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

I have been deserted by my sisters (5 remaining ones) and my husband is ready to walk out the door. He thinks I need to be committed
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:02 PM   #14
Providence
Avalon Senior Member

My experience has been very similar to many of you. I agree, don't present any of the hocus-pocus stuff, that will most definitely backfire. Pick out things that are most likely to ring true and don't be afraind to make a statement weeks out becuase when the s%^&! does hit the proverbial fan -you can relate back to what you had said weeks ago.

I have a funny story to relate, perhaps many of you had a similar experience: I have been on a "path" since childhood (not in any clairvoyant or "contactee" way - just one who is on a Quest).

Anyhoo: I started searching emergency preparedness sites, bought over $100 USD worth of books (probably more, can't count). My husband thought I was nuts and even told me that I needed "help" that he feared that "something was happening to me" (you know patronizing, etc) - I started buying food and lots of it. My husband said, look if you are going to buy all that food then you need to rotate it becuase it won't make any sense to have a food store if you don't rotate and use things (He is very practical). So...... I reasearched food storage and came across this amazing food rotating rack. After 2 months of researching this thing. I did the unthinkable... I bought it!!! OMG. My husband was in disbelief.

BUT....

He helped me put the thing togehter... AND....

He has been buying canned goods like crazy to fill it up!

.... Go Figure....

Providence in the rainy PNW
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:08 PM   #15
QueenOfLeon
Avalon Senior Member

this is really a difficult one for me also. My partner totally buys the NWO, loves david icke but is in two minds about the reptiles, but he is totally un moved to do anything about it all. He thinks we are powerless as he is not the most spiritual of people and gets very much caught up int he rage of it all. So i am making these plans without him, suggesting things now and then only to be faced with "what you would rather be ina country where we dont speak the language trying to survive!" so when I say ok well lets stay and he is like "what and live like nomads? yeah right!" so I cant win really. We get into arguements cos I end up saying well your left with the camps then!! Im just hoping if the **** hits the fan *im hoping it doesnt* then he will be sufficiently scared enough to just come with me, after I have made all the preperations. But I know I would be soooo much more powerful with him on board. Its so difficult cos he has kinda given up and does not grasp that we have power to shift this by focusing on a different future.
QueenOfLeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:22 PM   #16
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Hi everyone,

Well I've posted something about this before in other threads ...

I have more or less the same problems as the OP of this thread. Even without all the facts and data posted around I
can 'feel' very strong something is wrong but I cannot detail it. And that's what people want to hear. If you start about it
they want to hear exact dates and exactly what is going to happen or they will eat you alive or send you to a mental institution.

So, yes the best advice is to stay away form this all when possible.
However in my case my wife totally opposes all these ideas leading to the fact that we do now live separated for 2 months and that
I see my daughters only very short 2 times a week. On top of that my wife is so into planning years ahead that she's nagging about
what's all missing to realize HER plans. To make things worse she deposited all her money in a blocked savings account.

I advised her to absorb the penalty and get the cash out now but she simply refuses. She will be shattered if things go wrong.

And of course I could state afterward: "I told you so" but that doesn't help and it won't keep them alive if food supplies
are dropping. So despite my advice above I can vividly imagine how cases can be different if loved ones or family is involved.

Good luck with this subject anyone ...

Cheers
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:25 PM   #17
GreenRobot
Avalon Senior Member

Tough situation. My wife has been completely surprising me of late. She's helped gather up food from Costco, get cash out of the bank, agreed to a small pistol purchase, got firewood, planning on more raised garden beds, got the generator, so yes she's on board.

But don't mention aliens or she will turn off or look at me as insane. Too church raised to want to consider stuff "outside the box".

So make sure your spouse has seen the writing on the wall for the financial chaos. If you have kids, remind her that having extra emergency storage is a sane thing to do.

One of my best friends and everybody at work thinks I'm full of it even when considering a "banking holiday" or some upcoming financial collapse. No one outside my spouse gets what's coming. Spoon feed them if possible, otherwise do it for yourself and your spouse and if something happens you can say "told you so".
GreenRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #18
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

I wonder how many really believe that something will happen on this site or just going along with the flow of speculations.
I would like to think each and everyone of us are the real ground crew and we are not just kidding ourselves.
One thing that's for sure each and everyone of us has a story to tell and they are not so different, whether we believe in reptiles, the new world order, ascension we have all felt a collectiveness with each other.

Now if i have to do this thing alone without my family then i know i have everyone here right behind me.
Crikey this is getting really emotional for me and i'm feeling really weepy
Can this collective connection becoming stronger.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:32 PM   #19
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui D View Post
Now if i have to do this thing alone without my family then i know i have everyone here right behind me.
Crikey this is getting really emotional for me and i'm feeling really weepy
Can this collective connection becoming stronger.
Hi,

Well the thing that keeps ringing in my head is "service to others". To just decide and go for it alone .... opposes it.
And that's the duality here ... you don't want to freak everybody out. But keeping your mouth shut will leave them in the dark.

But you have to pick the positives out of it right ? Because I am on my own now I have room to move and prepare.
And I prepare for at least the 4 of us ... With them here around it would have obstructed me probably.

I also regard this as a positive period having a good reason to crank up the progress of what I wanted to do anyway.
I started to grow my own veggies and this weekend I finally hope to complete my windmill / wind power project.

Acquiring this knowledge/experience will be of service to others too.

Cheers
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:51 PM   #20
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

I have neither the finances or the means to move right now one part of me is saying you must do what you feel is right, then my heart is saying what about your family!
i am lost at the moment and do not know which way to go.
I have to think about my pets also i can't just leave them.
This is so hard!!!
I have been through this so many times in my head, i thought i had it sorted but i am being bombarded i feel by a negative force, trying to stop me.

I'm such a softie, i can be easilly persuaded i think, but i must be strong, i have decided that i will make that leap to the higher level, i do not wish to continue on the cycle of birth and death.

I am disconnected from the Matrix so to speak and have been for a while but i find this family thing very hard.
I've had a terrible 2 years, i have been rediculed by a family member someone very close to me in fact it tore the family apart and i came off the worse.
I made my mind up then that i would have to go it alone and this was my destiny, the whole tragic 2 years i have just been through was a kind of lesson for me it was a detachment it gave me scope to see things.

But the love i carry for my kids still runs very deep any mother will tell you that it's hard no matter what has happened between a mother and her children.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:04 PM   #21
SIR GALAHAD
Avalon Senior Member

Hi there everybody, i have also had trouble & met great opposition to this info including my ex. Everytime I even open my mouth with the tiniest hint of new world order, I get shot down immediately, she even goes as far as to say she will get an injunction against me & stop me seeing my children, because she feels i'm going to try & brain wash them, so I can understand all your frustrations. I would like to ask one question if anyone can answer this, is it my job to try & open people upto this & spread the word or is it for them to find it themself, from my understanding of this, there is going to be many people who do not ascend or have chose not to at this time, so how far do you go to convince them. This might help, here is a picture I took few days ago of heavy chemtrails over surrey & there seems to be alot of sore throats, itchy eyes & general feeling of being under the weather & also sinus problems, it may get people to ask themselves where do these strange illnesses spring up from.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0651.jpg (85.9 KB, 5 views)
SIR GALAHAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:12 PM   #22
izz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifeelthefear View Post
my suggestion is leave them to be who they are and to think what they want

if they want to share your thoughts and ideas .. they will
izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:16 PM   #23
Sol Invictus
Banned

My wife has her own fully kitted bug out bag, including fire starting kit, water filtration good for a years worth of drinking water, first aid kit, navigational tools, saw, knife, fishing kit.....

Oh she is like 'if your having one, I want my own AND you have to teach me how to use it'.

We are like peas in a pod - so much so that both of our families think we are quite mad.

I don't mind, because if you have walked with us and seen what we have seen, you too would be reaching for the BOB making materials.

If people are not inclined to speak about things like this, use the financial side to get them to at least prepaer for austere times ahead.

However, making them trek into the wilderness hunting for stash sites might make them go 'no freaking way you loony!'.
Sol Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #24
Providence
Avalon Senior Member

Yo GreenRobot and Others -

Planning and Preparedness takes a lot of work - its a process and not a project that's for sure. Once I figured it out - it took me about 4 months just to get our Grab and Go bags done and copy all of our important papers.

I suggest starting with the obvious with your spouses or significant others: Go first for what they believe in. If it is finances, start there - make copies of insurance policies, bank accounts, etc etc. If they like to camp, no harm in getting camping gear, etc. etc.

Here is a good book that most EVERYONE can identify with and will be a great way to encourage preparedness it's called "Organized For Disaster" Give it to your significant other and get them to read it. You won't regret it and it will make the path easier for you. Truly.
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:19 PM   #25
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Oh definately agree with Izz, you can not make people see what they can not.
You are at a higher level of conscience let them be.
if you have mentioned a little something see what comes forth, if it is meant to happenit will.
only thing now is time is becoming short!!!!

SO MANY NOT WOKEN YET.