Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > South America

Notices

Old 09-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #26
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Ecuador farm sanctuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by recallone View Post
CONDE, it all sounds really good. Almost too good.
It seems obvious that you've put a lot of research into this and have a pretty solid idea of how to pull it off, but something like this takes a considerable amount of money, and I'm anxious to ask a couple of questions.
Are you independently wealthy and seeking solid minds and hearts to populate this endeavor, regardless of their monetary contribution? Or does admission carry a price tag? Are living quarters already built, or will that be part of the first team's responsibility? What kind of homes are you planning? Dome homes? Any underground preparation (for storage and possible shelter if the need presents itself)? I'd like to know if this is a business idea, or a human calling to spend what will be worthless anyways as a solution to the collective situation? Radical shift is inbound, and the small communities are the answer, but only if they're motivated by love. A much more focused and intense vibration will be created when these people come together - is there a selection process you're employing?
Please forgive me if this is finding you with anything other than love, I just prefer to get my truth with fewer additives, if you know what I mean.

Wishing all of you amazing, responsible warriors of the light all the peace and abundance your physical vessels can handle... and more.
Love and light.
-J
These are actually great questions. Ones that I would pose to ANY group in the midst of assembling, not just this one.

LOVELOVELOVE
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:29 PM   #27
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year

building and creating a self sustainable eco community will no doubt take enourmous reserves and dedication of many people...however, ANYTHING is possible!! take a look at the incredible independent community of DAMANHUR... they built TEMPLES INTO A MOUNTAIN - IN SECRET!

http:/www.damanhur.com

for many years now they have been running independently with their own currency schooling university spiritual ethics and soooooo much more...it really is a total inspiration to see what can be achieved by the collective consciousness of a group of people.....

REGARDING COMMUNITIES IN THE MAKING..Ask questions, do research, have conversations, make a decision!!!

BUT mostly we have to trust our instincts in where we are guided to go and what to do...
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:02 PM   #28
CONDE
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehorse10 View Post
building and creating a self sustainable eco community will no doubt take enourmous reserves and dedication of many people...however, ANYTHING is possible!! take a look at the incredible independent community of DAMANHUR... they built TEMPLES INTO A MOUNTAIN - IN SECRET!

http:/www.damanhur.com

for many years now they have been running independently with their own currency schooling university spiritual ethics and soooooo much more...it really is a total inspiration to see what can be achieved by the collective consciousness of a group of people.....

REGARDING COMMUNITIES IN THE MAKING..Ask questions, do research, have conversations, make a decision!!!

BUT mostly we have to trust our instincts in where we are guided to go and what to do...
Very wise words Firehorse U R a caring old Spirit indeed...

Thanks, Frank.
CONDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:41 AM   #29
Many Lightenings

Looking into Equador very seriously. I would like to know more.

Here is something that I found yesterday.
http://www.naturalnews.com/PhotoTour...r-Homes_1.html
Photos and the guy from Natural News.

This thread will be a great help....thanks!
Old 09-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #30
Ktulu

Hola Frank,

This is an exciting project. I would definitely like being part of the second wave...

Please keep us up to date.

Good luck !
Old 09-15-2008, 06:10 PM   #31
jaychilton
Avalon Senior Member

hello conde,
where do i start ok!
Its Jason and Elize, from Holland, have been looking into safe locations for quite a long time now, have looked so far in the UK, but does not seem that safe, also Munich near the black woods, seems a good location but too many nuclear power stations, One thing for sure and that is we need to get out of holland, Have been looking into possibilities, and the best idea is to get out of europe all together. We would be very interested in being part of the Sanctuary in Ecuardor, we have many skills to offer, first of all im a qualified carpenter, but now work in I.T in the financial sector. used to play around with CB radio and also know quite abit about growing with hydroponics. together me and Elize are very open people and spiritual minded, oh i also do fire poi, little bit of entertainment is always good!, its really cool to watch and would be very relaxing at the end of a hard day. check it out on google pictures!
we always try to live in a positive way in this very negative word! at the moment we are building up our suvival supplies and getting organised. would love to be considered to be part of the Sanctuary!

greeting from jason and Elize
jaychilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:17 PM   #32
NoelineC
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Conde
Thank you for asking me to join your group of friends. I live in Quito and can tell you quite a bit about Ecuador. Yes... there are amazing high snowcapped volcanoes - Cotopaxi, Cayambe, Pichincha, The Altars, Ruminahui, Pululuauha etc all visible and an easy distance from Quito. Tungurahua which has been very active lately is near Banos and quite a way from Quito. Pichincha which is right beside Quito last erupted through the Guagua caldera in 1999... it apparently emitted ash for a couple of days. Quito is at altitude 3,500m and most of the mountains around top 4,500-5,500m. So it takes a little while to acclimitise to the altitude.,

Quito is a very old town and the long valley that forms it is surrounded by farms and beautiful soil to a very great depth on the sides of the mountains that line sides of the valleys wherever you look. The Centro Historico is the first Patrimonio declared by UN and there has been much restoration carried out over the last 5 years and it is truly lovely to walk through. The city dates back to the late 15th early 16th century in its development. The climate up here is eternal spring... no winter, summer or autumn, which really doesn't suit desiduous trees like the London Plane although Poplars do well in Quito and are used as a street tree. The Coast is quite hot and humid and the beaches relatively undeveloped in comparison to Australia or US and not pristine like Australia. The sand is more black and the water fairly murky not aqua and clear. So the beach is not for me here and I don't really like being hot so Quito is perfect for me. So if you want to walk around in shorts and tshirt perhaps the mountains are not for you. Although Quito can be warm during the day - normal range 10 - 28 degrees celsius every day all year! no daylight saving as being right on the equator there is 12 hours of sunlight every day all year which makes for easy crop growing.

It interests me to know if you are just wanting to be a self-sufficient colony or intendi to export or manufature products either medical or general food items. There is a population of approx 14 million of which the top 5% are very wealthy and there is a growing middle group but about 65% poverty with many people living on $2 or less per day. I know we live in a changing world and things will no doubt operate differently in the future to now but now is all we have to relate to. The economy here is fragile and it is a small country with oil at present but technology changes will dramatically affect the oil position in the near future I believe, so countries that think they are wealthy with that now will be doing a rethink soon I venture. There is an election here on 28 September about changing the constitution. President Correa who is young and representing many changes with a sustained battle against corruption has some people wondering whether he is planning to set himself up as the next dictator. So perhaps his changes to the constitution will not be approved. An yway, time will tell.

All the indigenes here are the farmers and land dwellers. Fruit and vegetables in fantastic diversity are available here very cheaply. So don't think you will make your fortunes here growing and distributing fromn your farm. As an Australian, my friends are amazed at the difference in price here to Australia which like all western countries is experiencing great food pricess because of the cost of fuel in production and delivery of goods to the markets.

Dr Brian O'Leary, Astronaut, has moved to Vilcabamba with his partner to their wonderful new development called Montesuenos which I understand is to be a commercial retreat and spiritual haven.

I live in Quito and would like to move to something out of Quito, in the near future, nearby but out of town, where I can continue my gourmet food business which currently makes 2 types of Pates which are available in leading supermarkets and delis. I am planning to expand my product range in the near future by 2 products. The registration of products with the necessary authorities here for retail is about $1,000 per product and then there is the time and delay involved and the costs of advertising and promnoting products. There is definitely a lot of opportunity to develop different things here because the delicatessens are pretty limited in what they offer. I have made my focus on using the good and cheap local products to make something truly tasty and different increasing the product diversity available here and it appears to be appreciated.

It is certainly helpful to have a command of Spanish, although I have muddled through with spanglish and my castellano is improving slowly. You might find it interesting to experience the chaotic mind that seems to pervade all Latin America. All information is very secretive, the processes very bureaucratic and at times completely irrational and dogmatic, such as the banking procedures, tax, registrations of all kinds from cars to business licences, etc. If there is a hard way to do anything it is employed here. In fact as a very efficient and organised Australian I have had difficulty in just coming to terms with the "manana" (definitely a spanish/latin american word) attitude which means that what you can put off until tomorrow is a good thing. So time does not seem to matter here and people are slack with keeping appointments or meeting commitments. It can be very tedious at times. The people are very friendly and will promise you the world and then do nothing. Where abouts are your Ecuadorian relatives?

Buying property is an artform here and requires much negotiation and patience in the process. Certainly you do not come here flashing money around as you will be taken advantage of. The cost of living here is about a quarter of that of Australia, US or UK. Also the construction of houses needs to be really evaluated because sometimes things are a bit shoddy. Building materials are cheap and so construction is not a major expense.

So there is something to keep you in contemplation. I also have had much correspondence with George Green and believe that he intends to relocate to near Cuenca sometime in the future. I don't think very negatively and believe that although there will be financial crashes and restructuring of governments and earth changes (which are happening now) that it will not be the total disaster that many are predicting. I focus only on expansion of consciousness of humanity , which means focusing on my own development which will be mirrored in my environment. I dream of how I want the world to be and that is important as a daily focus. Thought is the catalyst for change and obtaining our desired result.

Let me know if I can answer any questions you may have.

Kind regards,
NoelineC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #33
estepechito
Avalon Senior Member

HI CONDE AND HI EVERYBODY... I'M FROM ECUADOR (QUITO) AND I'M PLANINNG GO BACK SOON.... I REALLY BELIEVE ECUADOR IS A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE, WE HAVE A LOT OF FOOD, GREEN AND GOOD PEOPLE. THE IDEA OF A FARM SANCTUARY IS AWESOME BUT MANABI IS TO CLOSE TO THE OCEAN. GEORGE GREEN RECOMEND STAY AWAY VOLCANOS AND THE OCEAN. THE PERFECT PLACE COULD BE LOJA, ZAMORA CHINCHIPE EVEN CUENCA MAP (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...-8&sa=N&tab=wl) I THINK OTAVALO, CAYAMBE AND IBARRA ARE BEAUTIFULL PLACES BUT THERE ARE LOCATED IN THE NORTH HEMISPHERE.

Last edited by estepechito; 09-20-2008 at 05:26 PM.
estepechito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:26 PM   #34
King Lear
Avalon Senior Member

PEOPLE, THINK ABOUT IT!
King Lear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:38 AM   #35
Hammyplc
Avalon Senior Member

Ecuador is interesting .Just spent 3 months in Argentina and currently living in Chile(very safe).Looking to set up a community here.Patagonia is fairy land with drinking water straight from the streams.Chile is the largest food exporter in the southern hemishere.Big on organic too. Do some research ,its quite a place.
Hammyplc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:55 PM   #36
estepechito
Avalon Senior Member

Hi there all in Avalon,

And to you there in Ecuador I will be there soon. Me and my wife and baby will be in quito and plan to be a large part of what will be going on in terms on sustainablility and spreading some info there in quito and some other places. I have some info on some special means of breaking down soil into more readily availble nutriants, this info I know could do wonders, not only will reduce the amount of work, fert., water, time but I can fix contaminated areas. This is very improtant for toxic areas and more for soil degragation due to not properly rotating crops and toxic plants to like say for example tobbaco really dose a number on soil, but we can grow anything and to its full potential anywhere given a few simple methods. What I would like to know is who to contact when I get out there, Anybody need help. Im not looking for money Im looking for like minded people. Im coming from America and have been involved with these many subjects for many years and have much to share and need a way to aply these methods with the purpose only to help my community. My name is Derek I dont speak much spanish but my wife is Bilingual. We work together quite well teaching, so thats never a problem. I have lots of jobs under my belt and seek ways to put them together and do somthing bigger. Me and my wife have been planning on leaving for quite some time. We are getting all the odds and ends taken care of. I have to much to give to be sitting around when I get out there. So I will be organizing talks and setting up some farms or farmers with the means for large yeilding crops with means of mycology. I want to help also by doing repairs on some things to help save some money for people, and we will be opening a small restraunt to searve cheap healthy food. I want to network with some folks to kind of get the idea of what or where' Im getting myself into. I have lots of family there but I want the communities perspectives this is where I want to be. A participant thank you Derek and Ana.

Last edited by estepechito; 09-22-2008 at 05:00 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:48 AM   #37
asteram
Avalon Senior Member

LOL King Lear. Good one. The great thing about Latin America, though, is that nothing's very efficient, even the oppression can be bought off.
asteram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:18 AM   #38
asteram
Avalon Senior Member

Good post, noelineC. People need to realize that Latin America is an entirely different cultural entity than the US, Europe, Canada, or Australia, with each LatAm country having their own version. Expect corruption and bureacratic delay. Expect dishonesty and stealing; most of South America is dirt-poor and they see all gringos as being wealthy and a potential source of easy money. Accept that right up front.

Imagine a place where you are rich because you own a mason's trowel and a hammer and can feed your family? Where if you are not careful, someone will steal your tools and tomorrow you will be out of work because you don't have money to buy new ones.

Do not think that the country and people are sitting around waiting for your new ideas which they will gladly embrace. Do not go there expecting to fix the country's problems; you won't. Bring your ideas and your goals, expecting them to change when confronted with reality. Self-sufficiency in food, shelter, tools, and skills are primary. Securing all possessions and buildings from theft is primary too. Making friends with the locals is a must, but keep in mind that you want respect, too. Set clear rules and live by them. If you start being over-generous you will be taken advantage of.

Relying on an outside source of income, such as exporting medicines or herbs to wealthy countries, will not, I think, last very long. Go there with the idea that you may have to live just like the natives for a while, and I don't mean the wealthy elite. Your education and skills are your most valuable assets; what you know may be rare in South America, but one needs to find out their practical application to the given environment.

Anyone looking for security or a safe, sure thing? You might as well stay where you are.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:26 PM   #39
Ananda
Avalon Senior Member

Hi beloved folks,
I come from Germany and I just met with some really beautiful people. I have been guided by many synchronicities until this very day and I found some old soul-mates of mine with whom I made an agreement before I incarnated here on earth this time.
I feel blessed that we now come to join eachother in peace and love and in order to create a new way of living, here on planet earth.
I will go to Ecuador as soon as I receive the sign from my inner guidance.
As I just said- I met my old cosmic-friends just some days ago- and they already live in Ecuador and invited me to come there and create something beautiful and great.
We all have to accept and thankfully embrace human creation as a positive force that can be done only by open-minded, open-hearted and peaceful individuals who share a common dream of love, peace and freedom for the future.
I feel so blessed that things finally speed up!
All my life I was aware of this very moment to come- and in deep abundance- I thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!!
Thank you for making things possible!
I love you all!

Ananda

P.S.: As soon as I know where exactly I will be in Ecuador I will give you more details and the chance to participate on the project.
Ananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:07 AM   #40
efields
Avalon Senior Member

My wife and I would be very interested in sharing this wonderful energy and have been investigating Ecuador fro some time now. We have been trying to get the maximum price for our home but in light of the latest news might just take whatever the market offers and be coming sooner rather than later as we feel, just take what we can get, and get on with our lives. It will still a sizable amount of funds for us to establish a life there.

Frank, it seems a great opportunity to be with other like minded people ,to begin a holistic life and ride the coming times out. Please consider us as members of your vision and I look forward to the next phase of our existence on our little planet. Please contact us with any further information. Seems a wonderful beginning for Humanity in whatever scale it develops to . We can all help one another by banding together.

Very exciting!
efields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:25 AM   #41
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member

Also considering moving to ecuador, some info below

If you want to mineralze the soil then use Himalaya crystal salt or Celstic Sea Salt.
You do not need a product created by man, nature supplies everything we need. Thechnology was never needed for agriculture.

Simple rule; if it is made by man don't eat it ,put it on your skin etc.
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:56 AM   #42
estepechito
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu2143 View Post
Also considering moving to ecuador, some info below

If you want to mineralze the soil then use Himalaya crystal salt or Celstic Sea Salt.
You do not need a product created by man, nature supplies everything we need. Thechnology was never needed for agriculture.

Simple rule; if it is made by man don't eat it ,put it on your skin etc.
sorry mushroom mycilia works to a greater extent, and salts not good, sorry to say thats why a hydro operator has to clean his tank, iTs for salt build-up.. AND i DIDNT MAKE MUSHROOMS THERE NATURE... AND WELL..WHY THE ASSUMPTION..... WHATEVER...ITS COOL JUST 2CENTS

http://www.fungi.com/mycogrow/index.html
Fungi Perfecti®: MycoGrow™ mycorrhizal products

YOU STILL HAVE TO BUY SALT SO LETS NOT PICK HAIRS. DONT SALT YOUR FOOD UNTIL YOU EAT IT LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ON A SERIOUS NOTE IM NOT SELLING ANYTHING i JUST WANT TO SHARE AND PLEASE TAKE THIS AS CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM i REALLY DONT WANT PEOPLE TO HURT THEIR PLANTS (NO SALT) OR i WOULD HAVE KEPT MY MOUTH SHUT
Old 10-18-2008, 09:09 AM   #43
asteram
Avalon Senior Member

I'd say both mu2143 and Estepechito are partly right and partly wrong. Sea salt is a good source of micro-trace minerals, as the sea and ancient seabed salt deposits have had all of the minerals on Earth washed into them. The high sodium content can be harmful, but not on most non-coastal soils. 5-10 lbs per 1000 sqft (100 sqmts) is safe.

Fungi are very valuable for releasing minerals that are tied up in the native soil and rocks, but only if those minerals actually exist in that native soil. The Iodine found in sea salt is leached out of most soils, for instance.

www.soilminerals.com
Old 10-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #44
taomation
Avalon Senior Member

That sounds really cool. Perhaps you should look into the Keppe motor out of Brazil if you haven't already...Tao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo6y2fwLZ_Q
taomation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:25 PM   #45
DMAN
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteram View Post
I'd say both mu2143 and Estepechito are partly right and partly wrong. Sea salt is a good source of micro-trace minerals, as the sea and ancient seabed salt deposits have had all of the minerals on Earth washed into them. The high sodium content can be harmful, but not on most non-coastal soils. 5-10 lbs per 1000 sqft (100 sqmts) is safe.

Fungi are very valuable for releasing minerals that are tied up in the native soil and rocks, but only if those minerals actually exist in that native soil. The Iodine found in sea salt is leached out of most soils, for instance.

www.soilminerals.com
thank you
I was also talking in terms of contamination as well. your right what every mineral is not there I like to add just that, like a lawn yellowing, gets iron if its not somthing else like over watering. Im also looking at cost$. I use dead organic material and mushies to make a compost test the soils for mineral contant and ph. All for pennies. Yes Im not hard of hearing Ihear the benifets if salt but one way seems more accurate. salt will not for the love of god CLEAN your dirt. mushies eat oil
DMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #46
Kahunamahalo
Avalon Senior Member

Conde,
I have a question. Why not stay and try to fix things instead of running away? I don't get it.
Kahunamahalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:22 PM   #47
DMAN
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahunamahalo View Post
Conde,
I have a question. Why not stay and try to fix things instead of running away? I don't get it.
Stay? the whole earth will be affected. I also have family there and its easier to grow food on my own land than where I am currantly. And ask yourself this are you a patriot consitering all others, Im not, Im a earthling, I think, Not an American, though I have been feed that stars and strips ******** all my life, dose not mean that I cant grow out of it. The easiest thing I can to is leave and get back to earth. Im a opptamist but I dont see the good side of america. haters the whole lot of them. Its just hard to find like minded people. I want animals and plants friends family and love and a real sence of community. las vegas cannot provide any of these things for me.
DMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:29 PM   #48
Kahunamahalo
Avalon Senior Member

If the whole earth will be affected, why leave?
Kahunamahalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:07 PM   #49
tmichael
Avalon Senior Member

Have you heard of Vilcabamba, Ecuador? It is know for pristine water, fertile soil, and fine climate year-round. Many Americans are forming communities there.
tmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:46 PM   #50
asteram
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAN View Post
I use dead organic material and mushies to make a compost test the soils for mineral contant and ph. All for pennies. Yes Im not hard of hearing Ihear the benifets if salt but one way seems more accurate. salt will not for the love of god CLEAN your dirt. mushies eat oil
I'm not sure that I understand. How do you test the soil for mineral content? I send a sample to a soil testing laboratory.

And yes, I'm aware of the work with fungi that eat up oil spills and decontaminate soil, but surely you are not trying to grow food on a soil contaminated with oil?