Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 09-15-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Post Experiences with nature spirits

I would love to hear about anyone who has seen/experienced anything to do with the little people.

I myself havnt but my grandmother had two encounters in the 1950s. The first was a nighttime visitation from a small and plump thing with thin limbs. It came to look at my mother who at the time had just been born. My grandmother felt it leaning on her side and turned over to find it running to the bedroom door - which it passed through like a ghost.

The second encounter happened when my mother was about six years old. My grandmother felt a chill in the house but couldnt establish its origin. My mother then screamed and called my gran to the front room. My gran rushed in and found my mum cowering in a corner of the room. At first gran thought there had been a rat in the house but my mother pointed to the fireplace. Nothing was there so she asked my mother what she was pointing at. She described what had happened - a little, slim man dressed in green clothing was sat near the fire. His legs where crossed and both hands where under its chin(in a V shape). It turned its head to look as my mother ran into the room. It had the face of a very old man which made it look frightening. When my mother screamed, it faded away.

To this day, both mum and gran can still recall these experiences.

Anybody out there had anything similar happen?
macrostheblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Experiences with nature spirits

Great thread!

I've always wondered about this event that happened several years ago. I had gone to a spiritual workshop, driving about 5 hours to get there. I had arrived late for the opening session, so I sat in the large lobby of the hotel where this was happening, just hanging out and calming down after the long drive, getting my energy into the right place.

As I'm sitting there, a little oldish man (meaning he looked to be in his 60s maybe and was about, maybe, 5 feet tall, very thin) dressed in a green suit (modern style, jacket, pants), comes walking over to me. He's singing out loud.

I smiled at him and said, "Well, it's a good day to be singing, I guess."

He replied: "I always sing because it's always a good day."

Truthfully I can't remember what happened after that, where he went. I didn't take this as any particularly odd event at the time, just this odd little man walking around singing. When I did decide to look for him, I couldn't find him.

Last edited by doodah; 09-15-2008 at 06:35 PM.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:57 PM   #3
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Hi there, thanks for the praise.

This character you met seemed a positve person.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:19 AM   #4
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrostheblack View Post
Hi there, thanks for the praise.

This character you met seemed a positve person.
Yes. That's what I thought, and it seemed a good sign, too, since I had been a little anxious about missing the first session of the workshop. After he visited me, I just relaxed and contemplated what a good day it was. Then I got to thinking: little man wearing green clothes, singing, and he came straight up to me. What the heck? Then I couldn't find him!
Old 09-16-2008, 06:10 AM   #5
Esteban
Avalon Senior Member

well my grandfather and his sister always said they saw a little old person (like a little elf or something) in their room when they were kids.

this other story happened to my mother who is very perceptive. she went to the supermarket and she was feeling very sad and frustrated because we were experiencing money problems. when she was in the parking line a man aproached her and told her: "you see that man over there?" and he pointed to an elegant man getting out of his car. "he is the owner of this supermarket chain and he is very rich but he has no happiness in his life at all, money isn't everything" he said and then he walked away. my mother stood there thinking and when she turned to look at him he had dissapeared. until this day she is convinced that he was an angel.
Esteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:25 AM   #6
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
well my grandfather and his sister always said they saw a little old person (like a little elf or something) in their room when they were kids.

this other story happened to my mother who is very perceptive. she went to the supermarket and she was feeling very sad and frustrated because we were experiencing money problems. when she was in the parking line a man aproached her and told her: "you see that man over there?" and he pointed to an elegant man getting out of his car. "he is the owner of this supermarket chain and he is very rich but he has no happiness in his life at all, money isn't everything" he said and then he walked away. my mother stood there thinking and when she turned to look at him he had dissapeared. until this day she is convinced that he was an angel.
Wonderful story! Perfect. Just what she needed to hear!

My niece got a little freaked out when she told me this story: She was hiking out west somewhere in the Rockies with a small group of people, but she was separated from them. She had gotten to some point pretty high up on very rocky terrain. She had to move from where she was and go through a kind of hole in the rocks, but to do that she had to let go of her handholds. She was very afraid. Then she said this guy showed up who went right by her to where she was trying to get to. He wasn't part of the group. He didn't speak to her. So, on impulse, she just followed him. She made the move and everything was OK, but she couldn't see where he had gone after she got through the hole! I think this was an angel, too.

These are great stories!

Last edited by doodah; 09-16-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #7
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Sometimes, all it takes is a few words to change you life when you feel down. From what ive read here it seems to point to the fact that angels/guides/nature spirits are all around and always with you. There have also been tales of people losing someone dear to them and finding comfort in a animal or bird that comes to them.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #8
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Here's the other side of the coin, for me. I don't have many of these stories, really just this one.

I have only ever been one place in my life that actually felt evil. It happened while hiking on the Appalachian Trail in southwest Virginia, in some part of the Jefferson National Forest, I think.

My hiking companion and I took a side-trail to explore down a hillside. As we went further and further down, the trail went through a dense stand of rhododendron. Normally, these are very bushy plants that make beautiful flowers, but these were tall, with all the foliage at the top, above our heads. The trunks were thin, but densely packed very close together, forming almost a wall on both sides of the trail. It was very hot, humid, and very claustrophobic in there. It was hard to breathe, and this stand of rhododendron seemed to go on forever.

We realized we didn't like where we were, but decided to keep going to see if this would end. As we reached the lowest point of the trail and it started to go back up the other side, there was a humongous old tree to the side of the trail. The root system of this thing was enormous, with huge, massive roots undulating over the surface of the ground in all directions and across the trail. The tree was black. I don't know what kind.

At first I thought this was some sort of wise old tree and I was ready to encounter it, express appreciation for its uniqueness. Then the strongest feeling of fear came over me that I have ever experienced, a wave of cold fear.

My friend and I didn't say a word to each other. We just stopped, turned around, and got out of there! I have no idea what this was about.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #9
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

In iceland they have to ask the permission of fairie and elf before laying a new road or building a house. There ar trees in that country that look out of place and this is because builders in the past had to place a building to its side instead of thru it. Without their permission, all kind of accidents and curses happen. Perhaps in your experience - the tree and/or its inhabitants was angry with some situation?

Good tale mate, thanks

Mark
Old 09-16-2008, 07:40 PM   #10
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Well mark yes again this has crossed my families past.
Where i lived as a child there was a very large wooded area the whole place is very old indeed and goes back to the jurassic era so they say fossils and the like have been discovered there.
This area is also important with the death of Thomas Beckett i will go into this another time.
In the woods that surround the old abbey ruin was a very special place.
There are people even today who try to find the magical pond.
Every year in the local paper a collumn is dedicated to this pond and askes if anyone has ever found it.
I never saw it as a small child but have since.
my two older sisters have found this special place in their childhood, one sister who is a psychic saw tiny beings fairies she called them.
She used to play in the woods with her little friend when they were around 7 or 8, one day they came across a small opening in the woods in front of them was a beautiful area of water, she said she remembered how the sun streamed through the trees and shone across, lightening the whole area.
My sister thought she saw something moving in the undergrowth and she hid with her friend behind a bush,
To their amazement they both witnessed two fairy like beings forraging on the floor of the woods gathering leaves and things.

They sat and watched the sight that complete mesmirised them.
For the whole summer holidays the two girls went along to the woods each day and sat and watched the little beings who she said knew they were being watched but just let them carry on, they never approached them though, until one evening my sisters friend went to bed as usual but was woken in the early hours by a little man dressed in green clothes and a tiny hat on his head sitting on her dressing table looking at her possesions.
She screamed when her mum came to investigate of course the little man had gone.
This frightened my sisters friend so much she didn't want to go back to the woods no more so the special thing they both shared stopped abruptly as it had started.

We have been back since my sister myself and my daughter we never saw anything that day but three dragonflies flew over our heads whizzing round us we wondered.

The pitures we took, gave us a surprise though as my sister and daughter sat upon a bench in the woods where the dragonflies flew overhead in the corner on the photo quite clearly two little fairies, one playing a flute one sitting straddled a tree stump.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #11
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui D View Post

The pitures we took, gave us a surprise though as my sister and daughter sat upon a bench in the woods where the dragonflies flew overhead in the corner on the photo quite clearly two little fairies, one playing a flute one sitting straddled a tree stump.
Can you show us those pictures?

Now you make me wonder ... every time I went outside my house this summer, at least one and sometimes two, butterflies would come over to say hello. They would fly around me and follow me. They even landed on my shoulder or my arm. They always made me smile.

Last edited by doodah; 09-16-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #12
Whitewolf

My encounter happened when I was about 3 or 4 years old, but it wasn't with anything I'd think of as a "nature spirit". My mom and I were getting ready to go out. I was standing in the hallway waiting for her so we could leave. While I was waiting I looked down the flight of stairs and standing at the bottom of the stairs was a tall, reptilian looking being about the size of a man (at least from my 3 year old perspective). I have a vague memory of it grinning at me and yet I wasn't scared of it, only intrigued. I ran in to get my mother and when we both came out, naturally the thing was gone. Never saw anything like it again. And no, I wasn't dreaming.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:39 PM   #13
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Very interesting Whitewolf, I can tell you the following that may interest you.

I travel alot in my job and when I`m in the heart of nottingham and have time go on what is called a jolly - using worktime for your own pursuits.(naughty) There is a shop in Notts that sells books, talismans, does aura reading etc. I have become a good friend of the gentleman that runs it and I once told him about my mum & gran. He is a healer and his wife is a medium. She is from Australia and that is where they both met. He told me of a very interesting counter when he lived over there. He used the house they had as a base from which to work. People would come and go requesting readings, healings and advice.

Then one day this women came in stating that she needed help for she felt ill, rundown and had nightmares. A standard laying of hands was performed upon her and this is when somthing amazing happened.

The womens face looking all so relaxed became what can be best described as foggy. It began to clear shortly afterwards and now had a different look. Paul(sopkeeper) told me that it now looked like an animal shaped head - almost doglike without the hair. Its eyes opened and it turned to look up at Paul. He felt a connection and decided to stop the healing for it wasnt needed. He told me that the being was a visitor here and not evil. It came through space without a ship like others of its kind and chose to experience humanity. It liked the women and decided to guard her for it saw alot of dark energy around her. It also relished the experience of understanding another form of being. The being told Paul that it would clear away and unwanted energy and then bluntley told him to leave it alone. the women woke up and felt better, smiled, payed and then left. Over the next few days Paul kept catching a figure nearby in the corner of his eye. As soon as he looked in its direction it vanished. Somedays later he meditated upon this concern and learnt that the being was not in anyway evil or negative - in fact it felt tremendous compassion for him. His wife asked the spirits and she was told that it was a elemental being from some other realm that got curious after Pauls attempted healing session onhe women. The being had been healing the women itself and this was why she felt off balance. It was its way of saying thank you for allowing it to be part of her. It had then gone to Paul to just watch his life&motives and quickly learned that he was a very sincere person. He then saw it at times and on these occasions it was clearing away unwanted energy. Soon after all this had happened the being stopped appearing. It had moved on.

So perhaps not all beings that look scary or hideous are negative.

Thanks mate for reminding me of this tale.

Cheers

Mark
Old 09-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #14
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Great story!
Old 09-16-2008, 10:11 PM   #15
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

What a good story.
had a cat once i thought was a little strange she came with another cat her mother.
both these were put into a cat sanctuary because the original owner was moving abroad and he couldn't keep them anymore.
My husband and i was looking to take another cat on so we decided to try the sanctuary we thought a kitten would be to much to look after so we decided on an older cat.
we passed the pen where mother and daughter were placed, both us fell in love with these two cats because they were both very old, 12 and 14 and the story the lady told us was that they had never even been out of the flat they lived in since they were kittens.
i felt so sorry for them both, never seen the sun light so to speak or feel the fresh air on them.
I decided to take both of them although i only really wanted to have one initially.
They had been at the sanctuary for 6 months and no one wanted them because they were so old.
When we got then home the youngest one started to show some strange behaviour, she was an odd looking cat with a strip down her nose, one half of her face looked as though she was smiling the other side looked quite evil i fact.
I think this put people off taking then also.
But we loved her all the same.
She had a new life she went out and enjoyed herself, the mum never ventured further than the back door.

Cut a long story short here, we lost the younger one about 6 months after she came to us, sadly her niavity on the roads cost her life and she was run down one day.
We held a ceremony for her and buried her at the bottom of the garden and stood a large heavy garden statue on top.

The following morning we noticed the bin bags at the bottom of the garden had been torn into again and all the debris lay around(something the cat did every night) My husband set about clearing the mess saying that;s odd must be another cat we always blamed poor old batty (nick name)
Then he noticed the large stone garden statue had been pushed over and was now lying on it;s side.
Thats odd my husband said, as he tried to pick it up a sudden gust of wind rushed passed him.
I actually saw this the whole bush shook beside him.
I actually think that is was batty she obviously didn't think she was dead and was carrying on like she did before her departure.
I nearly asked my husband to dig her up again just to make sure but of course she was dead it was just her spirit.

But what i haven't mantioned here was that i felt her spirit not to be animal, earth spirit but something from another place and time.
I can not go into it here it would take to long to explain but i always felt i had to free her and finally i did.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:31 PM   #16
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Wonderful story, Jacqui.

I know ... this gets very complicated as to who and what we, or they, really are. Some animals have very specific and unique characteristics that are very hard to view as animal. I had a cat that was clearly a princess, in the very best sense of the word, very elegant, intelligent, full of dignity ... more than a cat. No way to explain these things!
Old 09-17-2008, 02:04 AM   #17
Whitewolf

Mark that's a very interesting story, but for my own case, I cannot possibly see why a scary looking creature would appear to me only once in my life, to simply stare at me with a menacing look on its face and then suddenly disappear. What did it want? Did it want to kidnap me but knew I was too well-protected by guardian beings? Why haven't I had any encounters with it since? It's appearance to me seemed very useless, sort of like a failed attempt to kidnap me or something after testing the waters. There is a man, I wish I could remember his name, who claims to have contacts with benevolent beings that he refers to as Andromedans, who claim that there are reptilian beings in cahoots with the earth's global elite, who kidnap people who serve as a source of food for them. Scary stuff if you ask me. So I have absolutely no reason to believe that this humanoid reptilian I saw as a young child was anything other than malevolent. Of course I can't prove it either.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:39 AM   #18
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

In August 2007 I was investigating a mysterious bare circle on a hilltop in the area I suspect of being an ancient ceremonial site. The circle is quite large and difficult to see from the ground - I spotted it from aerial photos. When I downloaded the shots from my camera, three of them clearly show a ball of mist rising from a bush on the left and drifting upward and to the right. I didn't see anything while shooting the pictures. You can see from the photos that the sun was behind me, casting my own shadow into the frame. This rules out lens flare.

Here are the three shots....

whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:49 AM   #19
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf View Post
Mark that's a very interesting story, but for my own case, I cannot possibly see why a scary looking creature would appear to me only once in my life, to simply stare at me with a menacing look on its face and then suddenly disappear. What did it want? Did it want to kidnap me but knew I was too well-protected by guardian beings? Why haven't I had any encounters with it since? It's appearance to me seemed very useless, sort of like a failed attempt to kidnap me or something after testing the waters. There is a man, I wish I could remember his name, who claims to have contacts with benevolent beings that he refers to as Andromedans, who claim that there are reptilian beings in cahoots with the earth's global elite, who kidnap people who serve as a source of food for them. Scary stuff if you ask me. So I have absolutely no reason to believe that this humanoid reptilian I saw as a young child was anything other than malevolent. Of course I can't prove it either.
Your confusion is understandable, but you said it "grinned" at you and you were not afraid of it. Is it only now, as an adult, and knowing more stories about supposed reptilian ETs that you believe it must have been malevolent? Many who talk about the various ETs, including David Wilcock, say that there are reptoids that have switched sides and are working for the light. Maybe this was one of them? Maybe that's why you weren't afraid?

Whitecrow:[/ Do you have any feeling about what that might have been? You didn't see it at the time, but did you have any particular impressions from the area while you were there taking pictures? Any sense of anything unusual?

Last edited by doodah; 09-17-2008 at 03:55 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:26 AM   #20
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Jacqui or Anyone:

Jacqui, you mentioned wind and the bush shaking in the wind when your husband was inspecting the turned-over statue ...

I've had many experiences with wind that I have always found strange, many times when, for instance, a single leaf or branch on a bush will turn round and round and round, with nothing else around it moving. Or a single treetop swaying when the others are still. I've never understood how that can be. Do you think this is a sign of the presence of nature spirits or other energies? In June I was meditating outdoors and observed the wind moving the leaves of one tree only, when the leaves of that tree were intermingled at the crown with another tree right in front of it. The one in front wasn't moving. I kept waiting to see if the wind would move forward and get the one in front moving, but it never did. What's going on here?
Old 09-17-2008, 04:53 AM   #21
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
Whitecrow:[/ Do you have any feeling about what that might have been? You didn't see it at the time, but did you have any particular impressions from the area while you were there taking pictures? Any sense of anything unusual?
No, I sensed only that I was on energetic ground, which I guess is kinda hard to explain. I was investigating a large round bare spot, shaped like a backwards C. It is about 400' across and sits on a hilltop adjacent to a hiking trail. It's nearly impossible to spot from the ground, and too big to photograph from the ground, too. So I was walking around the loop taking pictures as I went with my digital camera (an Olympus SP-510UZ). The pictures above were taken at the end of the C, after I'd walked the entire arc. I was facing west, and the time was shortly after dawn.

After taking the above pictures I clambered down into the brush you see in the pictures, and discovered what I believe is an ancient retaining wall that closes the open ends of the C. This wall is almost buried in the hard soil and is completely overgrown with brush. At the very least it'd have to be 100s of years old. It's just possible that it's a natural feature, but I don't think so and I am very familiar with the weird geology of this place.

Or a single treetop swaying when the others are still. I've never understood how that can be. Do you think this is a sign of the presence of nature spirits or other energies?

The first time heard the trees singing, I'd taken a walk in the evening down by the creek, and as I passed a particular grove of aspens where I always stop to admire the sound of them rustling in the breeze, I could swear I heard them singing to me. It was a still evening and the only tree moving was a sapling near me that swayed as if in a strong breeze, and as I stood listening in wonder to the voices of the trees, this sapling bent down and enfolded me in its branches for a moment.

I'm well aware there will be folks here who won't believe THAT story. All I can tell you is that it happened. This is a very magical place, for those who are open to it.

Last edited by whitecrow; 09-17-2008 at 07:31 AM.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:00 PM   #22
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrow View Post
[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="LightBlue"]
Or a single treetop swaying when the others are still. I've never understood how that can be. Do you think this is a sign of the presence of nature spirits or other energies?

The first time heard the trees singing, I'd taken a walk in the evening down by the creek, and as I passed a particular grove of aspens where I always stop to admire the sound of them rustling in the breeze, I could swear I heard them singing to me. It was a still evening and the only tree moving was a sapling near me that swayed as if in a strong breeze, and as I stood listening in wonder to the voices of the trees, this sapling bent down and enfolded me in its branches for a moment.

I'm well aware there will be folks here who won't believe THAT story. All I can tell you is that it happened. This is a very magical place, for those who are open to it.
This IS a very magical place ... this site and this world, this physical reality. This site, this thread is one place that people WILL believe you. I have written in the indigo thread that so much of our experience has been denied and invalidated, especially as children. People have always told us we're just imagining things. Well, not necessarily. That tree moving by itself ... just like I experience, and I would say I see things like that quite frequently. That's not imagination.

Don't you feel like it was the tree saying hello? Did you feel blessed by that, even if confused about what was happening?

The whole Earth is alive. Everything has consciousness and intelligence. And by this thread we're also seeing that there are energies and beings who can hide within the forms of this planet and sometimes communicate with us.

This is very cool.

So you have no ideas about what that cloud or mist was in the photos?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:12 PM   #23
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Experiences with nature spirits

This site is a place for us all to share our experiences and not all are standard ghost/ufo encounters. This place is open to any subject for it welcomes those who are fed up with having to accept a world where you have to believe this or accept that.

I hope all who read this understand that they dont have to feel afraid or silly in describing their personal experience. If anything, those who reply here are talking from the heart - trying to come to grips with something that happened to them or others close . They have found a place where they can share without unfair judgement.

It is time the powers that be stopped hiding the true reality and allowed us all to grow into a more positive fashion. This world we share is full of secrets and they remain that way only as long as people keep quiet.

I thank all who have read this and want you to know that your input to Avalon is valued. We share, we question, we grow - together!

I have found a site that contains close up images of nature. Some show surprising images. The site is www.differentnature.com. Although I feel unsure with some of the images at least it is an attempt to reveal what the naked eye cannot see!

See you all soon

Mark
Old 09-17-2008, 11:04 PM   #24
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks, Macros. I looked at that site and will have to look again. But the face in the water reminded me of an experience I had last fall.

Last fall I went back to where I grew up to see what had changed. The old path through the woods that I used to walk to get to a waterfall was overgrown and laid over with fallen trees. Toward the end of the path, where it goes between some large rock formations, someone had bent saplings over the trail from both sides and joined them together, forming an archway. I thought that was pretty cool and that I would have to come back in the spring when the leafy arch was in bloom.

I got to the waterfall and found the rocks I used to sit on still right there, so I sat and lost myself in the water and woods and watched the light change. Over the course of several hours the light began to illuminate the pool at the bottom of the waterfall. At one point there was clearly a face, a man's face, lit up on the bottom of the pool. He looked rather stern and unsmiling, but I didn't feel a threat from him. At just about that same time, the bounced light reflections from the surface of the pool formed a perfect circle on the surrounding rocks and tree trunks and bushes. Then the light continued to change, and all of this faded away.

This waterfall had always been a magical place. I was glad to see that it still is.

Thank you for your encouraging words above. I very much like this thread and hearing peoples' stories. I hope more people will tell their stories here.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:42 PM   #25
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Experiences with nature spirits

Being a budding artist allows you to study nature and appreciate it even more. After studying different types of tree (birch being my favorite) does anyone ever get the impression that when they sway in the breeze they enjoy this - a sort of dance or workout for the tree(s).

Just an idea that i have always suspected could contain truth.