Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 09-17-2008, 09:12 PM   #26
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Experiences with nature spirits

This site is a place for us all to share our experiences and not all are standard ghost/ufo encounters. This place is open to any subject for it welcomes those who are fed up with having to accept a world where you have to believe this or accept that.

I hope all who read this understand that they dont have to feel afraid or silly in describing their personal experience. If anything, those who reply here are talking from the heart - trying to come to grips with something that happened to them or others close . They have found a place where they can share without unfair judgement.

It is time the powers that be stopped hiding the true reality and allowed us all to grow into a more positive fashion. This world we share is full of secrets and they remain that way only as long as people keep quiet.

I thank all who have read this and want you to know that your input to Avalon is valued. We share, we question, we grow - together!

I have found a site that contains close up images of nature. Some show surprising images. The site is www.differentnature.com. Although I feel unsure with some of the images at least it is an attempt to reveal what the naked eye cannot see!

See you all soon

Mark
macrostheblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:04 PM   #27
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Experiences with nature spirits

Thanks, Macros. I looked at that site and will have to look again. But the face in the water reminded me of an experience I had last fall.

Last fall I went back to where I grew up to see what had changed. The old path through the woods that I used to walk to get to a waterfall was overgrown and laid over with fallen trees. Toward the end of the path, where it goes between some large rock formations, someone had bent saplings over the trail from both sides and joined them together, forming an archway. I thought that was pretty cool and that I would have to come back in the spring when the leafy arch was in bloom.

I got to the waterfall and found the rocks I used to sit on still right there, so I sat and lost myself in the water and woods and watched the light change. Over the course of several hours the light began to illuminate the pool at the bottom of the waterfall. At one point there was clearly a face, a man's face, lit up on the bottom of the pool. He looked rather stern and unsmiling, but I didn't feel a threat from him. At just about that same time, the bounced light reflections from the surface of the pool formed a perfect circle on the surrounding rocks and tree trunks and bushes. Then the light continued to change, and all of this faded away.

This waterfall had always been a magical place. I was glad to see that it still is.

Thank you for your encouraging words above. I very much like this thread and hearing peoples' stories. I hope more people will tell their stories here.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:21 PM   #28
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Experiences with nature spirits

please go to my album and look at the two photographs given with kind permission from Differentnature.com.

How do they effect you?
Old 09-17-2008, 11:32 PM   #29
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

The one of the face - beautiful photo, by the way. The face strikes me as rather fierce. This is quite different from the face I saw, which was clearly on the bottom, under the water, and it was green and much like a human face, very stern, unsmiling.

The other picture there - I don't get that one yet. All I see is crystaline forms.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:52 AM   #30
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Don't you feel like it was the tree saying hello? Did you feel blessed by that, even if confused about what was happening?

Saying hello, definitely! I had already been wandering along the creekbanks for a couple years, shooting hundreds if not thousands of pictures of, well, everything. I have a visceral feeling about the land here that I find hard to explain. I grew up here, then moved away for almost 25 years. Coming back, I found the old familiar connection stronger than ever, and I've been on a real journey of discovery. So in a way, I was NOT surprised when the trees spoke to me and sang to me. Because of the already-existing connection I wasn't confused at all by what was happening, but blessed? My, oh yes!

So you have no ideas about what that cloud or mist was in the photos?

Ideas, yes...but I wouldn't want to attempt a "definition" of what that was. One thing that has occurred to me is that it could actually have been a bit of water vapor. I view that as a pretty remote possibility...but the thing is, immediately before beginning my traverse of the C-shaped formation, I had had a very near run-in with a mountain lion. I never actually saw her, but know from sounds that she made that I was probably no more than six feet away from her, separated by thick brush, when we first became aware of each other. Only moments later I saw her mate silhouetted atop a nearby ridge. I do NOT believe there was any large mammal concealed in the brush when I took the photos...but IF there was...I suppose it's possible that the mist could have come from an exhalation.

I assure you, that is NOT the explanation. I offer it as the only materialistic interpretation I can think of. A nature spirit? A ghost of one of those who once lived here? A random energy spasm? No, I do not know what it was. I only know that it is there in the photos, and that I used several methods of tweaking the image to establish that it is an actual object in the photo...not, for instance, some kind of camera anomaly.

I've made a kind of study of digital camera anomalies too. This wasn't one.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:11 AM   #31
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: pictures

These picturers that are from the site are all mostly zoomed images. This makes it kind of hard to see without study what was captured on film. The second pic i have shows a smiling mother(?) and two children(?). The main figure looks like it is wearing a robe or coat and appears to be sat down. If you look just below dead centre of pic you will see two eyes, nose, mouth and chin. moving to the right and below - at least two smaller creatures.

There is another pic on the site that shows a mouse or rat(not sure) and to its side in the grass is a bluish faced figure looking at the camera.

see you later

mark
Old 09-18-2008, 04:31 PM   #32
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: pictures

Hi Whitecrow ... just getting back to this thread ...

Can you describe what the singing of the trees sounded like?

I had an experience once, only time in my life I recall such a thing. I had attended a presentation by the Dalai Lama's monks. They were raising money for Tibet. They sang and chanted (very deep low tones) and blew those long Tibetan horns. This was in a "church" structure called Unity Church which I guess was non-denominational. During the chanting I began to hear a flute, a series of rising tones, high-pitched. Of course, no one was playing a flute! Someone told me that I was hearing the harmonics of the building, that every geometric shape has its own sound, and something in the sounds produced by the monks and horns had activated it.

This, of course, doesn't relate to your outdoor experience with the tree, but I have this reference for an unaccounted-for sound, so I was wondering what the singing sounded like.

Water talks to me all the time! I have gone camping by streams where I couldn't sleep at all because of the -- not noise -- but voices, in the water.

Thanks for your thinking about what the mist might have been.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:42 PM   #33
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Being a budding artist allows you to study nature and appreciate it even more. After studying different types of tree (birch being my favorite) does anyone ever get the impression that when they sway in the breeze they enjoy this - a sort of dance or workout for the tree(s).

Just an idea that i have always suspected could contain truth.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #34
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Very cool, macros! Absolutely! I've often thought that, that they enjoy it, that the wind gives them a chance to dance. Same thought!

Advice to the budding artist: Persistence! I'm an artist. Right now I do photo-realistic wildlife illustration, which is a fantastic although not terribly creative thing to be doing. I don't have much room for personal artistic expression in this, but it lets me really study how Nature has put together all the fantastic lifeforms on this planet. As you know, it's incredible stuff, WAY more beautiful than it "needs to be." Interestingly, I find plant forms much more complex than animal or insect. Very intricate, delicate and subtle.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #35
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
Can you describe what the singing of the trees sounded like?
In my rambles both along the creek across the street from my apartments and out in the hills, I seem to "feel" the energy of the place. I had long been in the habit of mentally greeting the spirits of the place, even though my idea of what that means is a little nebulous. It seems to me that everything has a spirit, even my car has something resembling that on some level. I'm serious: even the dumpster. I don't dwell on dumpster spirits, but I do live by the proposition that at some level, there is intelligence in everything. I thank the white sage that gives me my smudge wands. I greet the spirit of the coyote or the mountain lion when I meet them, and no animal has ever threatened me.

There's a big aspen over by the creek, with spreading roots and babies of all sizes surrounding her. I often stroll by to admire her in the evening light, and one evening about a year ago, I became aware of a sort of hum, very much like voices chanting, that seemed to come from everything around me but especially the great aspen and her little grove of offspring. I did not hear this with my physical ears of course, but it was a definite sense of getting something telepathic. I was startled. Mentally, I addressed the tree: It's YOU, isn't it! And the tree responded: It is us. We know you. We welcome you. We call you Man Who Walks. No other trees have "spoken" with me, but I "hear" their music, and I am more keenly aware than ever that every bit of living matter is infused with spirit and intelligence.

This is the kind of thing I don't talk about with very many people. It's great to have a forum like this where folks can share these things. My experiences, I've learned, while unusual perhaps, are hardly unique.

Quote:
...During the chanting I began to hear a flute, a series of rising tones, high-pitched. Of course, no one was playing a flute! Someone told me that I was hearing the harmonics of the building...
That explanation is exactly right, and it must have been a wonderful thing to hear. I used to have one of those trumpets. There's a vocal group called The Harmonic Choir that uses the ability of the human vocal chords to utter harmonics. The effect is absolutely stunning.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:54 PM   #36
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

WhiteCrow ... you're in the right spot. So many people feel at home on this forum, perhaps for the first time ever, any place.

When we're not used to speaking of these things, we get into that "apologetic" mode that I find myself using with "normal" people. You don't expect to be believed. But here some of us know exactly what you're talking about.

You feel the energies of place. I do too, no question about it. It's always been a private kind of knowing that I could not talk to other people about, but I know a good place when I'm in one and it's an energy thing.

Yes, all of life is alive, has consciousness and intelligence. Even rocks and dumpsters, as you say.

Great story about the trees talking to you! Wonderful!

I'm not sure, but I think that one thing we do, this "we" who experience these things, is slow down and get quiet. People who are rushing around on "important" business never see these things; people whose minds are too busy never see these things. I once worked in a large organization. At lunch I would go out and walk around the grounds, but nobody ever joined me in those walks. Somebody asked me what I was doing out there. I said, "Looking at everything," (although I was also listening and feeling too). After that, still nobody joined me! What they missed one day was a whole flock of rainbow buntings flying by.

Last edited by doodah; 09-18-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #37
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
WhiteCrow ... you're in the right spot. So many people feel at home on this forum, perhaps for the first time ever, any place.

Yes, it's quite wonderful. I've been fortunate to know a few people I can share much of this with, including my wonderful wife who is a healer and empath in her own right.

Quote:
You feel the energies of place. I do too, no question about it. It's always been a private kind of knowing that I could not talk to other people about, but I know a good place when I'm in one and it's an energy thing.
The land beneath us is ancient and has seen many things. It may be academic to argue whether it is "alive" as so many of us feel it to be, but it is genuinely full of mystery and wonder, things most people never see or find. It carries the imprint of many things, and there are energies we can feel if we choose to.

You also live in a spot where the land is energetic. This aspect of North America is under-explored.

Out where the standing stones are I have found and mapped one perfect alignment between two places that certainly feel magical to me, and a standing stone, perhaps forty feet high, that marks the midpoint on the line. I don't know what it means exactly, but I have had a couple of amazing experiences in the places at each end of the line. One is a high rocky crag that can only be reached by a single trail (which I found using aerial photos). At this spot I have felt energy so strong it nearly caused me to fall. I could "hear" and "see" it in a way that electrified me. Since then, I only climb to that spot if I feel I am welcome there. I have shared the location with a very few people, and none of them could find it again.

The other spot, a mile and a half away, is an ancient grove of oaks in a prehistoric lakebed. This place seems magical and timeless. The first time I visited it I expected to find the usual gum wrappers and cigarette butts, which I pick up and carry out in a trash bag when I hike. Instead I found no sign anyone had been there...the ground was littered with owl and hawk feathers...it feels and looks like an enchanted place. At one end of this grove there is what could be an ancient stone circle...if so the stones have been disturbed at some time in the past. From this pile of stones one can visually line up the standing stone and the high point in the distance. I'll have to get a photograph of that up. At this end of the grove, just within the tree line, is a large rock shaped like a chaise longue. It's a very comfy seat...only I tend to dream the day away when I sit there...I call it the Throne of Dreams.

Oh yeah, one other thing about the large standing stone that marks the midpoint of the line...when you stand in a certain spot it has the profile of a man. It's just shaped that way - not sculpted - but the fact it's presented that way is no accident. The spot you stand on to see this is right on top of a fault in the earth where energy flows out like electricity. Most people are able to feel this if I point it out to them...but it boggles my mind that thousands of people have seen these things and never questioned whether they are natural formations.

Quote:
I'm not sure, but I think that one thing we do, this "we" who experience these things, is slow down and get quiet.
That's an important insight, and in my opinion it is at the heart of the shaman way of seeing.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:37 PM   #38
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=whitecrow;18882]

You also live in a spot where the land is energetic. This aspect of North America is under-explored.

Yes, it's energetic here, in fact, very disorienting. I have met a few people who feel the same disorientation, especially as to cardinal directions. Somehow they feel wrong here, like north and west aren't in the right place. It's strange. I've been told it has to do with the rocks here, I am assuming because of the energy they store.

Out where the standing stones are I have found and mapped one perfect alignment between two places that certainly feel magical to me, and a standing stone, perhaps forty feet high, that marks the midpoint on the line. I don't know what it means exactly, but I have had a couple of amazing experiences in the places at each end of the line. One is a high rocky crag that can only be reached by a single trail (which I found using aerial photos). At this spot I have felt energy so strong it nearly caused me to fall. I could "hear" and "see" it in a way that electrified me. Since then, I only climb to that spot if I feel I am welcome there. I have shared the location with a very few people, and none of them could find it again.

This sounds very much like a natural portal. Apprently they are scattered all over this planet, probably along ley lines or in some organized way. Something similar is said about standing stone circles in Scotland. People are warned to be careful, because although a portal is perhaps an enticing idea, the portals may not lead to good places.

...The spot you stand on to see this is right on top of a fault in the earth where energy flows out like electricity. Most people are able to feel this if I point it out to them...but it boggles my mind that thousands of people have seen these things and never questioned whether they are natural formations.

...At this end of the grove, just within the tree line, is a large rock shaped like a chaise longue. It's a very comfy seat...only I tend to dream the day away when I sit there...I call it the Throne of Dreams.

You're very tuned in and you're very lucky to have such a wife! Imagine living in a community where all of this is daily fare. The energy level of such a place would be a very high starting-point for further growth and experience. We've come this far alone. I truly wonder what will come out of us gathering, as this site is meant to help us do.

Last edited by doodah; 09-18-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:47 PM   #39
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

I think we should all have a photos taken of our special place or tree etc and put them on this site.

I can already see myself with thumbs up next to the major oak in sherwood forest, big grin on face. (passes by thinking i must be one of them tree hugger types) -
Old 09-18-2008, 07:29 PM   #40
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Do any of you guys collect crystals? I have a good collection and place many around plants in pots. My favorite is a quartz crystal skull that cost me nearly 200 pounds($400?) I also have a large crystal ball that i got from a market. Never tried to use it though just like its presence.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:43 PM   #41
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrostheblack View Post
Do any of you guys collect crystals?
I indeed found a very nice crystal deposit in a "blast area" on a local ski resort while hiking or rather bushwacking during the off season. I found only quartz crystals thus far. It was a very exciting experience for me though, to find them in the rough like that. There were also lots of pyrite(fools gold we later found after being fooled), and other silver types of metals in the same area. I can snap some pictures of them if your interested in seeing what they look like. I haven't cleaned them yet, I need to get a certain type of acid from what I hear.

Also to stay on topic I'll paste some information on "nature spirits" as described by HP Blavatsky in one of her books. I posted this in another fairy thread, and I quote:

"ELEMENTAL SPIRITS.- The creatures evolved in the four kingdoms of the earth, air, fire, and water, and called by the kabalists gnomes, sylphs, salamanders, and undines. They may be termed the forces of nature, and will either operate effects as the servile agents of general law, or may be employed by the disembodied spirits - whether pure or impure - and by the living adepts of magic, sorcery, to produce desired phenomenal results. Such beings never become men.

Under the general designation of fairies, and fays, these spirits of the elements appear in the myth, fable, tradition, or poetry if all nations, ancient and modern. Their names are legion - peris, devs, djins, sylvans, satyrs, fauns, elves, dwarfs, trolls, norns, nisses, kobolds, brownies, necks, stromkarls, undines, nixies, salamanders, goblins, ponkes, banshees, kelpies, pixies, moss people, good people, good neighbors, wild women, men of peace, white ladies, and many more. They have been seen, feared, blessed, banned, and invoked in every quarter of the globe and in every age. Shall we then concede that all who have met them were hallucinated?

These elementals are the principal agents of the disembodies but never visible spirits at seances, and the producers of all the phenomena except the subjective.
"

Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:05 PM   #42
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Hi doodha, yes i feel that sometimes the parallel we are in at this time ( our time) simply brushes along with another dimension.
This is why we see these spirits, ghosts, et's.
I too also think that there are places ,special places where these dimensions for a better word are more assessable, be it ancient live energy spots.
or they are simply time rift's.
My family have seen some very odd things over the years.
I mentioned in an earlier posting that my cat was buried after she had been tragically run over by a car yet her spirit moved on, but i also said that the cat i felt was not of this earth, i had a strong intuition that she wished to be released from these earthly binds be it tragically as it was she was finally let go and i know that she has returned from where she came.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:14 AM   #43
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Jacqui,

I guess we are having experiences at the edges of those parallels, where they meet. I know I live in an energy vortex. The indications of that have been many. Over the years the energy has also changed. Now there is a dimensional portal in my yard that I have walked through in dreams. This was not there several years ago. There is no feeling of an electrical jolt, as Whitecrow experienced, when walking in the physical yard. The portal is not here, yet.

What I can say about walking through this particular portal is that it felt completely natural, the most normal thing in the world. I think that was a dream message about what it will be like, perhaps at physical ascension. You are here, you walk through, you are there. You don't feel any different, but you've probably become invisible to those on this side. This is not death, but a simple physical act of walking.

This parallels my own experience of "raising my vibration." When vibrating at a higher notch, after a while it just feels like your normal state of being. You really don't remember what you felt like before. I think walking through that portal is like that, and that "ascension" will be like that too.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:06 AM   #44
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Do any of you guys collect crystals? I have a good collection and place many around plants in pots. My favorite is a quartz crystal skull that cost me nearly 200 pounds($400?) I also have a large crystal ball that i got from a market. Never tried to use it though just like its presence.
I have a collection of crystals of various types. Most are quartz, and I have a couple amethysts, too. I like to put them around plants, too. I also have 8 stone balls of various sizes, from about 2.5" to 4". I find these stones very grounding, and sometimes use them when meditating. I don't have a clear quartz ball, but I have a citrine that is very beautiful, and I sometimes use that one for scrying. I have a wonderful lapis sphere...it's light blue rather than the more valuable dark color, but it has spectacular circular swirls and veins, and is heavily flecked with pyrite. My other favorites are a large clear green-and-purple fluorite ball, and one that's black obsidian marbled with pyrite.

I also like to string crystal points along with semiprecious stones. I often sell these, but I have a few that I won't part with. My favorite is a string of labradorites and rubies, with antique bone beads and a fairly small point.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:42 PM   #45
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

hi all, if this works there is pic of a being in some undergrowth

Old 09-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #46
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Experiences with nature spirits

yes it worked-great. Heres another one but not 100% sure with some of the images from the site but here you go. What do you think?

Last edited by macrostheblack; 09-19-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:14 PM   #47
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Hi all. I have been wrestling with a idea that the fairy, elf, gnome etc exist in two dimensions. Sightings in our world are for needs of gathering substance such as nectar, repair energy/aura to plant&animal life, service their primary element - such as water. I feel the reason they are linked to woodland is simply because this is their anchor point in our dimension. Perhaps a trees central energy is a power source used to travel from here to there? Many look on them as gardens of the earth - in the sense that they heal and correct blocked energies along and inside the earth. Being creatures of dual nature one could assume that they often vist the earth plane as some form of recreation too -especially visiting the beauty of a wooden, the stream etc.

I have found some chanelled info that is interesting :

Leprechauns, elementals and, and Fairies, well there are tremendous categories, the Leprechauns are of a chief category found in Ireland, only in Ireland. Elementals are found everywhere and are the little people everywhere, from all different walks there are those elementals for the homage of those spirits, and of course in order to achieve anything that we want to accomplish, one must communicate with these spirits or elements, you cannot achieve anything unless you perceive the spirit and give homage to that spirit. As difficult as it is or as easy as it is, and believe us it is easy, if you want to achieve anything, offer up to the gods first, or the analyx, so that they will succeed in supporting your course, but no one can succeed without that of asking the elements to hand down what is necessary and needed. Of course the Fairies are the winged people, and these are etheric wings, which hover upon flowers and plants and leaves and trees and all that which give fruit, and that is only where you will find those, and at the base of trees, and flowing rivers, and falls and ice and snow and rock and glacier and sunsets and sunrises, mermaids and other galaxies beyond. Remember they come from other galaxies (dimensions?), they do not, they cannot belong totally to the earth.

The chanelled information then goes on to explain what you should do if you encounter one of these beings. You should ask it to see the king.(?) You meet this entity and agree to never bother the fairy or elf etc i return for their help in your life!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:23 PM   #48
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Hi macros,

The history between human and faerie that I've read seems to be that, although they can live in two dimensions, we have pretty much driven them out of this one. The Tuatha de Danaan, or Daoine Sidhe, supposedly left this world, sailed away to the west. Those were the elves that Tolkein depicted in Lord of the Rings, that class of elven folk. But his knowledge of them comes from many sources, not his imagination. We have destroyed too much forest and natural land and made them unwelcome. They are not happy with us, nor should they be!
Old 09-20-2008, 04:05 AM   #49
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
[COLOR="Yellow"]

The chanelled information then goes on to explain what you should do if you encounter one of these beings. You should ask it to see the king.(?) You meet this entity and agree to never bother the fairy or elf etc i return for their help in your life!
Hi macros,

According to everything I have ever read about this topic, asking to visit the king is exactly the one thing you should NOT do, no matter what your intent is. If you are taken to visit the king, you will have to enter Faerie, that dimension where the king lives. All the stories I have researched say:

1. There are time-warps involved with entering Faerie. You may be in there what seems to you to be only a day, but 30 years (or whatever) will have gone by when you come out. Many who enter Faerie are not allowed to leave.

2. People who are allowed to leave Faerie may be returned to this world blinded or otherwise incapacitated.

This is the info I've turned up over the years researching this. I would like to believe that Faerie is a really cool dimension, but because we humans have treated them so badly, they are not very well disposed toward us. Maybe this will change at some point in the future as we have a chance to interact with them more directly in our Radiant Communities where positive thoughts and respect for the land are more common. I would hope so. In the meantime, I'd caution you to get some more info, then see what you think.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #50
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Yes doodah I agree with the apparent outcome of encoutering their realm. From what i have found many people who are believed to have been taken - never return or are messed up when faced with our realm of experience again. There tales that warn you never to accept anything from the fairy kingdom that is offered. Even eating their food is said to place an hold on you, bind you to a contract etc.

I feel that such encounters as these could have been accidental on our part. Intruding on there privacy and angering or scaring them.

There seem to be tales where a member of their world walks into our life and when this happens it is a more positive outcome.