Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 01-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Default Fish oils bad?

It gets worse. The International Society for the Study of Fatty Acids and Lipids (ISSFAL) in Tsukuba, Japan in
2000 reported that fish oil decreases a wide range of immune cell responses. Fish oils actually lowers your
immune system. Fish oil also causes increased cellular bacteria [infection] and impaired tumor cell killing –
meaning if you have cancer, fish oil makes it worse. This is truly life-saving information that everyone needs
to know. Therefore, please stop taking fish oil and start using a combination of organic, unprocessed “parent”
omega 6 with a little of the “parent” omega 3. I favor a ratio of about 2/1 omega 6/3. These oils naturally balance
cholesterol (Textbook of Medical Physiology).

More here:

http://professornutrition.com/newsle...scholmay05.pdf

This guy Professor Brian Peskin is worth a look, I've just listened to him on One radio Network and his views are completely the opposite of what most are saying so it's worth having a listen/read of his stuff

Some of his other articles here: http://professornutrition.com/newsletter-archive.htm
and his main site... http://www.brianpeskin.com/index.htm
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #2
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Fish oils bad?

i have never taken fish oil supplements....(intuition?) there are other plant oils, highly beneficial, like flax seed oil, evening primrose oil, etc.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:39 AM   #3
eleni
Avalon Senior Member

I actually purchased his book.....after reading it some made sense......that's why Mercola recommends krill as it is more stable.......

But Peskin's diet ideas I could not wrap my head around.

I don't do well with plant based EFA's due to my thyroid.......
eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
silverlightning
Avalon Senior Member

Hard to tell what's healthy or not really. Many studies show lower ldl cholesterol, higher hdl cholesterol, lowered blood pressure, better lung functions, improved asthma and joint related issues, some brain-eye related functions, improved skin conditions like psoriasis, when given a fish oil supplement. Most of these studies were done on arctic fish oil, a few on seal oil. Daily intake of fish oils are proved to give fewer cardiac related diseases.

In one study there was an indication that flax seed oil increased cases of intestinal cancer. One problem with the arguments in the link, is that the writer dismiss studies that can be checked, reproduced and are confirmed in lots of studies the world over. One thing is finding new factors further enlightening the subject, it's a completely different thing dismissing all other studies, with the conviction we are being publicly deceived. That trance fatty acids are not any good for us, is old, and was common knowledge in the late 1980's. Even the huge national and international food companies are starting to catch up on that one.

Last edited by silverlightning; 01-05-2010 at 05:42 PM.
silverlightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #5
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Maybe all those people that call themselves veggies will now stop eating fish
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
silverlightning
Avalon Senior Member

I would love to have an ideal vegetable oil or blend that surpassed all animal and fish fats. I cannot stand the taste of cod liver oil or seal oil (I'm way passed that now, never again). I the link some of the arguments are really bad, and totally dismissing positive effects of dairy fat, animal or fish oils I doubt is anything close to the truth.

Some diets studies concluded that a high content of mono unsaturated fatty acids like oil from olives and almonds, are better for our health than oils like flax seed and thistle.

Last edited by silverlightning; 01-06-2010 at 05:44 PM. Reason: spelling
silverlightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #7
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Why is it that one day, something is good for you and the next, it's not?

Who controls these studies and this information?

It's just like eggs and other types of food. The "experts" simply cannot be trusted if they go back and forth on health information.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #8
Spiralina
Avalon Senior Member

I take cod liver oils in the wintertime with no ill affects.
Spiralina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:47 PM   #9
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Eating fish is ok, it is the processed fish oils he has the issue with.

I've starting eating raw coconut oil and eat more organic unsalted butter now I'm starting to understand how important oils and fats are.

The Peskin view is that the body can get energy from two sources carbs or fats... Carb/sugars are like twigs on a fire, fat is like a log and one your body gets its energy from fats it will start to burn the store of fats on the body if the intake of fats is low...

I got a book ages ago similar to this called "Slim for ever" which is a low carb way of eating. I lots 30kg the first time I did it over a few months but I was unaware then and ended up getting sucked back into the carb track over time...
Old 01-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #10
eleni
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecting with Sauce View Post
Eating fish is ok, it is the processed fish oils he has the issue with.

I've starting eating raw coconut oil and eat more organic unsalted butter now I'm starting to understand how important oils and fats are.

The Peskin view is that the body can get energy from two sources carbs or fats... Carb/sugars are like twigs on a fire, fat is like a log and one your body gets its energy from fats it will start to burn the store of fats on the body if the intake of fats is low...

I got a book ages ago similar to this called "Slim for ever" which is a low carb way of eating. I lots 30kg the first time I did it over a few months but I was unaware then and ended up getting sucked back into the carb track over time...
I agree with Peskin in that respect (burning fats over carbs- it's the way we were designed) but his diet is too high in protein which affect mTOR pathways (cancer formation) etc;

Nora Gedgauda's goes deeper into this and also favors burning fats.
http://www.primalbody-primalmind.com/

This is a really good interview with her discussing burning fats over sugars- and she goes into the mTOR issue etc;
http://www.primalbody-primalmind.com...-gedgaudas.mp3
Old 01-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #11
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Spirulina

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiruli...ary_supplement)

http://www.relfe.com/spirulina_healt...fits%20_3.html

Its excellent, an antioxidant, packed with vitamins and minerals and is suitable for vegetarians. You take a cure for a month or two every year.

voila
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #12
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post

Aren't they called pescatarian, thats what I call them anyway.. My father and his girl friend are one... But they like to call themselves veggie. But I know the're pescatarians..

Last edited by chelmostef; 01-22-2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Spelling, DOH!
chelmostef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #13
aroundthetable
Avalon Senior Member

Bad for the fish, nuff said to all genuine carers.

Great article, thanks.
aroundthetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:30 PM   #14
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleni View Post
I agree with Peskin in that respect (burning fats over carbs- it's the way we were designed) but his diet is too high in protein which affect mTOR pathways (cancer formation) etc;

Nora Gedgauda's goes deeper into this and also favors burning fats.
http://www.primalbody-primalmind.com/

This is a really good interview with her discussing burning fats over sugars- and she goes into the mTOR issue etc;
http://www.primalbody-primalmind.com...-gedgaudas.mp3
My Mum just bought her book after a one radio network interview a few weeks ago. Being aware that fat burning is possible is a huge step... and peskin and nora both cover this topic quite well.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:00 AM   #15
eleni
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecting with Sauce View Post
My Mum just bought her book after a one radio network interview a few weeks ago. Being aware that fat burning is possible is a huge step... and peskin and nora both cover this topic quite well.
I still haven't listened to the one radio interview with her. My friend wrote (ghost wrote) her book as well as the thyroid one. Excellent approach- burning fats versus sugars- more stable and addresses dysregulation.
I was just turned off by Peskin's suggested diet. Nora's approach saved my health after I became very deficient and gained weight/fat from eating improperly for my body type.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:27 PM   #16
MONITOR
Avalon Senior Member

Is the ratfish oil recommended by Dr Pete Peterson and David Wilcock bad for you as well ?
MONITOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #17
Neo
Avalon Senior Member

Its my humble opinion that most if not all these findings are not true or circumstantial at best. you can find studies to support or avoid almost any food. One thing I do believe is true, you can eat virtually anything you want just keep it balanced and as close to natural as possible while remembering that humans have been eating fruit, veg and all animal produce since the dawn of time.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote