Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:58 AM   #1
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

Default Want Health Care?..... "Papers Pleeze!"

“Papers Pleeze!”

Just over two years ago a shot was fired across the bow of my office desk. That was when I first got a glimpse of something rotten coming our way in the medical field. That morning a colleague of mine walked in my office and tossed a letter from some sector of our government asking him to “register”. I asked him register for what?

The letter was ominous and in summary it was stating that all licensed practitioners were to register in preparation for a new technology that was to soon be introduced right in the doctors office. We just looked at each other, knowing that this couldn't be good. The letter ended up in the round file.
This was my first glimpse of the federal government's attempt to control access to doctors. For some that would be a celebration and in most part, I concur. However, let's remember that there is a balance and seeking that balance is also what makes my colleague and I a big fan of integrative health care. And as practitioners of integrative health, that might have been why the letter came to our office. But we were not the only ones getting them. They were ominously showing up in other doctor's offices too.
We are also big fans of everyone's right to choose not only who they see, but the modality of their health care. Yet it seemed someone else had other plans, and it was really happening even though it read like a sci-fi novel. The letter was a prelude to plans by the federal government to place a device in the doctor's office and that required patients as they arrived to present their “card”. Yes, “may I have your papers pleeze?!” After doing so, it would be swiped and the information would be analyzed to see if that person was “eligible” to be treated. In other words one must be approved before seeing the doctor, and if not approved then the patient might find that insurance company could refuse to pay, and the doctor could be facing ..... yes loosing their license.

As anti-central government sentiment grew during the second term of King George, the plan was somewhat delayed if not almost totally derailed. But after coaching from the brain trust of the powers that be, their quarterback is now out on the field and playing to win. But oops, the hot potato wasn't dropped as the new lackey for the same controllers was placed in office, and the powers that be were facing new challenges for taking total control of private health care. And in a large part due to state sovereignty bills being passed like Saturday night popcorn.

Instead of punishing the doctors, the brain trust has come up with a better plan. They decided to have the central bank (The FED) print some money out of thin air and use it as bate. The money is the bate, the doctors are the fish, and the poor sick people wll still end up having to present their card. But...who is holding the fishing pole? Hmm? Only now the doctors are going to be PAID to do it. It's like waving a new bone in front of a hungry dog!

Dr. Dolittle

Source: Press release from EHR Stimulus Alliance;
CHICAGO – May. 14, 2009 – Allscripts today announced the formation Signed into law on February 17, 2009, the ARRA provides physicians a maximum of between $44,000 and $64,000 in incentives for adopting and demonstrating "meaningful use" of an Electronic Health Records beginning in fiscal 2011”.

Under the ARRA, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) will pay the incentives to physicians over five years, beginning in fiscal 2011. Physicians who have not adopted certified Electronic Health Record systems by 2014 will have their Medicare reimbursements reduced by 1 percent beginning in 2015; 2 percent in 2016; and by up to 3 percent in 2017 and thereafter. According to a Congressional Budget Office review of the law, the incentives will drive up to 90 percent of US physicians to adopt Electronic Health Records in the next decade.”

Learn what you can do, go to one of the Health Freedom Expos near you.

Press Release cited from:

Last edited by Waterman; 05-17-2009 at 05:01 AM.
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:53 AM   #2
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Want Health Care?..... "Papers Pleeze!"

I don't care for doctors. Haven't found one that won't belittle me and make me feel like **** every time I go to see him.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #3
sleepingnomore

When this proposal was introduced into the presidential campaign it had me worried. Having worked for insurance companies I saw the potential for abuse. It's nice to know that health professionals are as worried as I am about this system.

I can see it now, insurance companies having unlimited access to medical records and tests before issuing life insurance policies, etc. They are scurrying to find new ways to keep the populace on the grid.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #4
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Thank you for this post Waterman. This is dreadful and I hop it gets stopped.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #5
Avid
Avalon Senior Member

This ties in 'nicely' with the mobile phone privacy travesty now being advocated
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...mGv2ZFU0amPycQ

Quote:
Privacy warning over mobile phones
1 day ago
State-of-the-art mobile phones could threaten users' privacy, affect their ability to obtain insurance and jeopardise their job prospects, academics have warned.
Allowing your mobile phone company to track your whereabouts through your phone could have serious implications for consumers, according to new research.
Phones which use GPS technology to pinpoint your location are already popular, with users able to access personalised maps through their phones.
But academics said a "staggering" amount of information could be revealed about a person simply by knowing their location via such technology.
Researchers from the Future of Identity in the Information Society (FIDIS), an EU-funded group looking at privacy issues, were fitted with GPS tracking devices which recorded their every move.
The team found the data did not simply show where they had been but could also disclose intimate details about their lives.
By using GPS tracking to work out how often users went to the gym, visited bars and pubs or even how fast they drove, it would be possible, FIDIS said, to build up a profile of their lifestyles, even calculating their risk of heart disease.
Such personal information, if passed to third parties such as health insurance companies or potential employers, could be detrimental to the consumer.
Researcher Denis Royer from Goethe University in Frankfurt said: "This information is of course extremely useful for companies aiming to produce targeted advertising, and of course many of us would gladly receive customised drinks offers when we're heading to a local coffee shop.
"However, if users are targeted based on their inferred lifestyle, which restaurants they visit, or how much alcohol they seem to drink, their own information could potentially be used against them."
Avid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
choices, health care