Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 09-16-2008, 02:59 AM   #1
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

Default How to Meditate?

I have been asked by several people how do you Meditate? I know for some of you this may appear to be a stupid question, but I thought I knew how to meditate too until I came across The Monroe Institute. 10 years ago I tried this and it worked very well for me.

http://www.monroeinstitute.com/

Hemi-Sync is the best as far as I'm concerned.

Does anyone else have great books or any other suggestions on how to meditate that they can share?
QUESTINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:09 AM   #2
Sherab
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How to Meditate?

Let go, and keep letting go of everything that comes into this moment. Just stay present and pay attention. All experiences, high and low, are just passing phenomenon. All you truly are is attention, awareness. Thats it.
Sherab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:19 AM   #3
nightwind

Smile Re: How to Meditate?

When I used to meditate, I would lie down, and focus on a single though/concept (calmness, peace for example), without actually verbalizing it in my mind. I would repeat this concept with every inhale/exhale, until it became an uninterrupted stream of thought.

I'd be careful though, as in my case I awakened what's termed Kundalini energy in the new age jargon. This led me to mental instability, that at the end I had to seek medical attention. My blood work reveled that I raised my dopamine levels (pleasure neuro-transmitter) substantially. Suffice it to say that I decided to take dopamine-inhibitors for a month, as well as terminating my mediation, until my neuro-chemistry was balanced.

Here is a brief medical article describing the risks of meditation:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ractPlusDrugs1

If I had to do it again, I wouldn't. But looking at the bright side, I can now say that I know what Satori feels like .

Hope this was informative,
nightwind

P.S.
In no way was this meant to be discouraging or negative, but I wouldn't
want someone to go what I went through.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:22 AM   #4
empathy
Avalon Senior Member

I went to a school here in Seattle, headed by a pretty well known teacher named Rodney Smith (Seattle Insight). He has a website with many audio sessions he recorded. You can really get a lot out of it with minimal commitment of time and energy.

It all starts with breathing.
empathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:04 PM   #5
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by empathy View Post
I went to a school here in Seattle, headed by a pretty well known teacher named Rodney Smith (Seattle Insight). He has a website with many audio sessions he recorded. You can really get a lot out of it with minimal commitment of time and energy.

It all starts with breathing.
You can use Rebirthing techniques too.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:49 PM   #6
ADAM KADMON
Avalon Senior Member

In my opinion to meditate means to concentrate, and/or to concentrate upon nothing.

I too have used the Monroe products, and they work through brainwave entrainment. This is a great tool. This is a great crutch.

When people you are asking you "How to meditate" I think they are really just posing the question, "How do I start becoming more spiritually involved," which is great and very powerful question for them to ask. They should be applauded!

However, just using concentrate as a synonym for meditate has clarified many of the same questions. Thus, concentrating upon your breathing or anything becomes the according mediation. Proper breathing, posture and environment are important to concentration just as-is meditation for I feel they are one in the same!

Hope this helps you,
Adam K.
ADAM KADMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #7
martrixmel
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUESTINY View Post
I have been asked by several people how do you Meditate? I know for some of you this may appear to be a stupid question, but I thought I knew how to meditate too until I came across The Monroe Institute. 10 years ago I tried this and it worked very well for me.

http://www.monroeinstitute.com/

Hemi-Sync is the best as far as I'm concerned.

Does anyone else have great books or any other suggestions on how to meditate that they can share?
Hello.
try this,for starters....it's tantric,from some of osho's teachings,
1st-sit somewhere ,a park,front porch,and pretend u r not there,dead like invisible,and what you'll notice is how the wind still blows,the birds still chirp,how life still happens even if u died,it sound kinda hokey,but try it,

2nd-is just to walk and pretend u have no head,its a real weird feeling,since your brain is constantly thinking,get rid of it,so assume you have no head,it
feels ,well,...try it on your own,....peace be with you...
martrixmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #8
Shellie
Banned

Binaural beats were a good intro to me. They helped me tremendously in getting used to being comfortable with NOT thinking. Once my brain figured out it was okay to think of nothing it became easy to do the breathing without my consciousness adding up the bills and doing re-runs through my daily schedule.
Shellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:01 PM   #9
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADAM KADMON View Post
In my opinion to meditate means to concentrate, and/or to concentrate upon nothing.

I too have used the Monroe products, and they work through brainwave entrainment. This is a great tool. This is a great crutch.

When people you are asking you "How to meditate" I think they are really just posing the question, "How do I start becoming more spiritually involved," which is great and very powerful question for them to ask. They should be applauded!

However, just using concentrate as a synonym for meditate has clarified many of the same questions. Thus, concentrating upon your breathing or anything becomes the according mediation. Proper breathing, posture and environment are important to concentration just as-is meditation for I feel they are one in the same!

Hope this helps you,
Adam K.
Thank you for this insight. I personally focus in my head on the Sun. The circular shape and the free moving energy in my minds eye seems to open up the mediation process.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:04 PM   #10
gordon
Avalon Senior Member

G'day to you, Questiny. Thank You for allowing us to respond. I can not meditate that well, but I have been listening to 'Inner Alehemy' Be Your Own Clairvoyant. Wow. The first time I listened to it, I could not belive how 'connected' I was. I still have problems meditating and useing psychic skills. I will keep on listening to that cd to help me. There is more cd's different subjects in the Inner Alehemy collection.
gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:34 AM   #11
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUESTINY View Post

There is a meditation method on my website that I assembled from a variety of sources, and it works very well for me. I have just begun to add thoughts about advanced techniques using specific parts of the brain, but the basic technique is simplicity itself. Go to my site, www.indigodave.com and click on Main Page, then Two-Minute Vacation.

If you try this, I hope you'll give me feedback.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote