Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 03-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #1
fr66ajc
Avalon Senior Member

Default As brothers fight ye!

'59. As brothers fight ye!'

Liber Al vel Legis Chapter III

I sincerely hope this is what I have witnessed over the last week or so now that I have taken to posting rather than just visiting occasionally.

Many opinions have been voiced, many criticisms thrown around, some ego's hurt, some genuine emotional pain inflicted on people just trying to be who they are and help.

I expected to join in the forum and be amongst like minded people willing to help the world with whatever is around the corner but landed in the middle of a bun fight.

Many criticize A .Crowley for his ideas and methods but the quote at the top is honorable and very good practice. Fight as brothers both against the common enemy, and each other if points of view are opposed or differ between those brothers.

ie. I used to fight my brother but I still loved him and after the dust had settled, we had a stronger bond and greater respect for our individuality's.

If people leave the forum because of the current issues it will be a crying shame as we have the opportunity for the air to be cleared and for Avalon 2 to be bigger, stronger and more unified than before.

This is the hope I have, and where there is hope there is light.

Peace to all, take three deep breaths before posting an angry response (simple but it does work) and lets start working against the real enemy again.

93 93/93
Love is the Law, Love under Will

Last edited by fr66ajc; 03-10-2010 at 01:13 PM.
fr66ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default Re: As brothers fight ye!

I am sorry to hear you joined us in the middle of the turmoil you have been witness to lately.
We have fared in much more peacefull waters .
Storms however are part of life and always a challenge to our heart.
Love indeed should be remembered as the basic flow that unites us all.
I agree that when angers arises stepping back to a point of greater peace is very wise indeed.
Well done of you to have been able to remain undisturbed in the middle of conflicting energies.
You have a strengh of Heart.
Warm welcome in Avalon

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

This forum sometimes reminds me of the two History professors in a comedy show. They start off talking in earnest about the finer points of historical discourse, but by the third or fourth sentence, just degenerate into rather more uneducated name calling.

I think that's funny, it shows our innate fragility however clever or refined we might think we are... the button is there somewhere, someone else only needs to know where to push and all the serenity falls away.

Someone posted here recently that you can measure the size of someone by how much it takes to get their goat.

Avalon is an interesting training ground indeed in that respect just now.

Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #4
hippihillbobbi
Avalon Senior Member

FR66ajc--

Very wise words, indeed. Thank you and welcome to "Camelot!" LOL you arrived here just in the nick of time, i think, to help save us from ourselves!!

Mudra--

Good Morning, dear lady. So wonderful to see you as always. i like just breathing-in the perfume of your spirit! so refreshing.

Kulapops--

That video was HYSTERICAL! thanks so much for sharing. You're always so good with the comic relief, K. you and [I]boobers,[/I--i think that's his name--He's hysterical, imo...though i think he gets in trouble sometimes just because not everyone totally "gets him." he is unique for sure! but of course, i mean that as a compliment.

love to you all,
hippihill

Last edited by hippihillbobbi; 03-10-2010 at 01:42 PM.
hippihillbobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
fr66ajc
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you all for your kind and supportive words.

@hippihillbobbi
I don't know if I am here to save the day but if anything I do say helps then I'll be content with that.

@Kulapops
As for buttons, I know I have a few but they are well shielded with safety caps and a key lock to boot. Years of having them pushed when I was younger helped install some defenses against me going 'bang' too often. (so far they seem to work quite well but you never know for sure)

@mudra
Thank you... I hope I live up to your kindness.

I have always lived with an ability to see both sides of an argument (many friends of mine attribute this to me being Libran). Being in this position has led to me being a shoulder to cry on for many people and I have never knowingly rejected this. The only trouble it has caused was when I was one of the arguers. Because I can see my opponents point of view perfectly clearly, I couldn't argue my side well enough to gain any true compromise.

Still, I am now able to avoid arguments much more frequently and thus my life is more peaceful than it used to be. So in the long run even my own peace of mind has benefited from this ability. Seeing the point of view of another helps you preempt their responses and defuse a potentially antagonistic confrontation.

I know there are only a minority of members involved in the conflagration here and so I think my hope for a brighter future is well founded. Lets all pray the wounds that have been caused are healed painlessly and quickly.

Thank you one and all once again.

Peace

93 93/93
Old 03-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr66ajc View Post
I have always lived with an ability to see both sides of an argument (many friends of mine attribute this to me being Libran). Being in this position has led to me being a shoulder to cry on for many people and I have never knowingly rejected this. The only trouble it has caused was when I was one of the arguers. Because I can see my opponents point of view perfectly clearly, I couldn't argue my side well enough to gain any true compromise.

Still, I am now able to avoid arguments much more frequently and thus my life is more peaceful than it used to be. So in the long run even my own peace of mind has benefited from this ability. Seeing the point of view of another helps you preempt their responses and defuse a potentially antagonistic confrontation.
This is a lovely ability that would put you in a state of selflessness.
Having no stuck viewpoint to defend there is nothing to oppose either.
This allows for fuidity as being the observer one can see the perfect balance
of the universe . And rather then looking through your eyes you now see through
your Heart .This is the key to balance of mind and a conveyor of peace too .

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:12 PM   #7
fr66ajc
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Having no stuck viewpoint to defend there is nothing to oppose either.
The trick then becomes helping to bring others to balance too... which I think I was learning during arguments I did have in the past.

The ability to see the balance is so natural for me at times, when I was younger I couldn't understand how others couldn't see it, it was almost an alien concept. Even as a child I could see injustice a mile away and couldn't understand why someone would perpetrate it. This used to confuse me and I would end up thinking I was wrong or get frustrated and there the argument would start.

e.g. 'I can see your POV and sympathize but why can't you see mine?'... 'or theirs?'... And the fatal one I was guilty of more than once... 'isn't it obvious???'

I can't stand injustice or lack of balance/fairness but I have come to accept it exists and I try to help adjust things if I am able.

I don't feel so defensive about my opinions on a matter as I used too either as I know other opinions matter just as much, and I respect that. However I am also much better at expressing mine when asked and I know they are valued. An element of self confidence has helped there, something I used to lack because the world, and people, confused me too much.

Age brings a grander view of life (for some at least) and I must admit it would be a boring world if everyone was at the same stage of unfoldement. Helping those who want help is a wonderful privilege and something I enjoy doing.

That was quite a learning curve in my younger days.

93 93/93
Old 03-10-2010, 04:38 PM   #8
hippihillbobbi
Avalon Senior Member

"'59. As brothers fight ye!'

"Liber Al vel Legis Chapter III"

Dear Fr66ajc--

Could you translate the above for me, please, as in--translate the latin (or italian ?? whatever! LOL), and then could you also explain the significance of the "'59" before the initial quote?

Thanks 66!
hippihill
hippihillbobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #9
fr66ajc
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippihillbobbi View Post
"'59. As brothers fight ye!'

"Liber Al vel Legis Chapter III"

Dear Fr66ajc--

Could you translate the above for me, please, as in--translate the latin (or italian ?? whatever! LOL), and then could you also explain the significance of the "'59" before the initial quote?

Thanks 66!
hippihill
Hi hippihill

I most certainly can.

Liber Al vel Legis = The Book of the Law

I use the Latin, not to show off, but out of habit and familiarity. The author used Latin for the title so anyone who considers themselves Thelemic does so, purely because that is what it was called.

The 59 is simply the line number of the quote where it would be found in the 3rd Chapter.

It's basically a mechanism of quoting sacred text in the Thelemic tradition. Dear old Aleister Crowley was rather prolific so quoting the chapter and line number is a decades old habit to allow people to easily find the text in the quoted book or pamphlet.

I know many people have issues with Mr Crowley and I do not appreciate some of the teachings myself, however he never demanded worship or followers and actively advertised the fact that what he did worked for him and no-one should just blindly follow him but go out and find out what worked for themselves.

He was after union with God/The Divine/The One Creator, or the knowledge and conversation with his own Holy Guardian Angel. All terms for what many on this forum are attempting to achieve themselves.

Anyway, I hope that helps

Peace

93 93/93

Last edited by fr66ajc; 03-10-2010 at 08:03 PM.