Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:09 AM   #1
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Default NASA World Wind images of North and South Poles

Many of you may be familiar with Google’s “Google Earth”. It's software you can download , and then spin the globe and zoom into cities and houses, and see what the eye of a satellite camera sees.

There is a similar software product provided by NASA, it is called “NASA World Wind”. The history of this software is explained here on Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_World_Wind .
I only recently became aware of NASA’s World Wind.

I have previously posted a thread about screen shots of the images shown by Google Earth of our North and South poles.

When I recently became aware of NASA’s World Wind, I immediately went looking for what they would show of both poles… would it again be a “cover up”?

You decide.

Here is the North Pole via World Wind. Clouds and weather across the continents and arctic ocean area, snow or ice on northern Canada, Russia, Greenland is a continent of ice… but what is that being blurred out at and around the North Pole area?

This is zooming in… Greenland is still in photo. But what are we seeing of the Arctic ocean?

For those of you who are not familiar with what satellite photography can get you, here is an example of the detail one can get of San Francisco, on World Wind… very zoomed in, lots of detail, streets and buildings… I could have zoomed in further.

But when you zoom in to look for the detail on the top of Greenland… you can’t get the same level of detail ... why no detail? You can see the inset image in the upper right showing the location of Greenland.

Here is what you get when you move over the arctic zooming in to a lower level… it switches to images with no arctic ice, to “represent” the ocean floor.

And when you center at the North Pole coordinates, and zoom in, this is what you get. Not direct photos of the frozen ocean ice, but a representation of the alleged sea floor. On this zoomed in image, I have used Photoshop’s “Adjustment Curves” tool, which allows one to lighten and change specific color tones, to try to draw out contrast.

My only conclusion, is that NASA won’t show us true aerial or satellite photography of the approximate 2000 square mile area of the north arctic ocean area. What could be there they don’t want us to see?

Here's the World Wind South pole image:

And when you begin to zoom in, lots of white:

When I use Photoshop's Adustment Curves tool, to darken tones it can identify, I get this. Notice the appearance of brush marks, the shading strokes don't go in straight lines, they look feathered. Even across the ocean in the upper left, the shading looks feathered. All the interesting geometrical patterns across the continents on the right and lower parts can not be a natural occurrence in nature.

When you zoom in to try to get more detail, you can't get the clarity you can with Google Earth within Antarctica, it's just all white.

Last edited by KathyT; 02-22-2009 at 05:46 AM.
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: NASA World Wind images of North and South Poles

Kathy,

I think you and I and many others have a pretty good idea what they are hiding. It is just a matter of getting that concrete evidence!!!

I don't buy the fact that their satelites are not flying directly over the poles and this causes a distortion. Too much like the airbrushing we see on moon photos.
micjer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nasa world wind, north pole, south pole