Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 03-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #126
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Earth Updates-2010

Interesting slide show about Venezuela's vanishing lightening. Great photgraphs

"Darkness never lasted long in the skies over Lake Maracaibo. An hour after dusk the show would begin: a lightning bolt, then another, and another, until the whole horizon flashed white"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gall...ture=359938246

El
5thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #127
sammytray
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
A small portion of southbound Interstate 5 just before Lakewood Boulevard in Downey has buckled. The California Highway Patrol is on the scene blocking the number three and four lanes after a small portion of the number three lane "lifted 6 inches." Cal-Trans has not officially determined the cause of the damage was directly the result of this morning's magnitude 4.4 earthquake.

http://www.socalnewswire.com/2010/03...way-crack.html

viking

Woke up just before the quake with a dream with some low lying buildings down. Also the numbers 25 - 26 were shown. My wife then woke up from the quake at 4 am or so. I then read the George Ure (urban survival) felt really tired just before the quake and has experienced this before just before a quake. He also mentioned that a large CME is due from the sun wednesday....He also stats that this is a pre-cursor to another larger one coming. Hmmmm My dream had the numbers 24 -26, maybe hours??? Wild stuff.
sammytray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #128
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

found this on another thread.
Birds falling from the sky
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...le-garden.html
gscraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:19 PM   #129
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Hello All, if I may...

I want to briefly share a perspective in regards to this infomation (per the Earth Updates) and the huge amount of information (though somewhat fragmented at times) coming from sources such as NASA, Independent Researchers, the Internet, SOHO, USGS and the Mainstream Media.

I want to express how all of this is an unprecedented high percentage of identical information and cosmic driven. Now, many of us due to our long established comfort levels on our planet, will feel like this "irregular activity" will pass. Some will not take any necessary action until something happens in their own backyard. To each his or her own, but may I suggest that is always better to be safe, not sorry. There are no guarantees that preparing will result in survival, but it allows you to at least be prepared physical and mentally, which will help you respond more effectively with less initial shock. This will also better position you to help others when possible.

This thread was started to help provide for myself and everyone a means of identifying and seeing the "truth in the pudding" as it unfolds. In a nutshell...What can we confirm for ourselves physically, that something is happening. I hope this thread serves that purpose, and thanks to those keeping all of us in the loop with your findings.

Thanks
gscraig
Old 03-21-2010, 02:02 PM   #130
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Volcano erupts in Iceland
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_507331.html
Old 03-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #131
sammytray
Avalon Senior Member

gscraig,

I appreciate what your doing here... For me I feel it's important to know what's happening in our surroundings. Those who do not consider the obvious are in denial. I agree with you that most won't have a clue until chaos arrives in there back yard.

thanks for this thread, in all seriousness, very important.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #132
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

6.2 earthquake hits New Ireland Province (mildly populated area)
http://www.gdacs.org/reports.asp?eve...reen&glide_no=
Old 03-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #133
Earthian
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gscraig View Post
found this on another thread.
Birds falling from the sky
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...le-garden.html
The link is no longer avalable, but here is a youtube link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVDEH9wdgZc
Earthian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #134
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

I received inquiries regarding the quake in Cuba and the sandstorm in Beijing. Please see the original thread post regarding this. The focus of this thread is on uncommon events, and quakes that are 6.0 or higher unless it occurs in a location that is not commonly or historically known for activity.

This will hopefully minimize unintended exaggerations or overreaction to common earth activity. This will hopefully foster a true barometer for measuring and identifying oddities during a most interesting time on our planet.

Now the darkhorse of the above is the increased activity of Yellowstone. It has become a concern, but it is also commonly known for movements (Tectonic, not magma). Including the 16 small quakes in the last week. There has also been reports of people claiming greater shaking than the magnitudes being shared. Darkhorse indeed.

I hope this help with questions related to this inquiry.

Best Regards,
gscraig
Old 03-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #135
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Earthian wrote:
Quote:
The link is no longer avalable, but here is a youtube link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVDEH9wdgZc
Thanks Earthian. Nice find.

Sammytray wrote:
Quote:
I appreciate what your doing herehanks for this thread, in all seriousness, very important
Thanks Sammytray. Just doing what I can.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:31 AM   #136
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

5.9 quake hits Luzon Phillipines
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin

The Manila area is near the ring of fire and activity is constant there, but the government has been trying to prepare for a major quake there, similar to the 1990 7.8 that hit the area. Foound this article: http://www.irinnews.org/Report.aspx?ReportId=88484
Old 03-23-2010, 03:06 AM   #137
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

I found and wanted to share this article from 2005 titled; Scientists Confirm Unexpected Gulf Stream Slowing
http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/?id=4595

The main reason I wanted to share this (and most interesting for me) was when I read the following from the article; "The weakening of the Gulf Stream is destabilizing currents worldwide, and will lead to radical climate changes in other areas. The nature of these changes is not known, and the current US administration has blocked US environmental agencies from studying the phenomenon, so the severity of its effect in this country is not under study".

The other part of interest was this; "So far, the only other media outlet that has picked up this story is the Sunday Times of Great Britain, and they have not provided the true perspective, or discussed the scale of the changes that are on their way. For the Times story, click here"
Old 03-24-2010, 12:46 PM   #138
vagabunda
Avalon Senior Member

A 2.7 mag quake in upstate NY this morning -
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak.../10/285_45.php
vagabunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:13 AM   #139
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Island disappears beneath the sea. At least 10 others at risk.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_511162.html
Old 03-27-2010, 09:16 AM   #140
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

I finally had some time to look further into the earthquakes for any particular patterns and I did find some rather interesting commonalities.

For starters, all of the recent high magnitude quakes are occurring on or close to coastal areas/islands and they are all located on the southern and southwestern part of the globe. Now, if you look at USGS, the majority of the quake activity over the past week or so, are occurring in the Southern and South-Western areas of the globe, aside from the common places known for quake activity (like California and Yellowstone).
I don't know what this means, but one indicator (if you are one that believes there to be an uncommon object in our solar system) may be that either the possible space object is either in that vicinity (south) of our solar system or having an impact on the sun to where it is consequently affecting these areas on Earth.

Now, what I also noticed or found is that in or near almost every quake location, there has also been a report of Whales and Dolphins being stranded on beaches. However, the oddity is that this was occurring before the quakes, not after. Now, this stranding phenomena has been occurring for over a decade from what I have seen so far, but there has been a huge increase in the number of whales and dolphins being stranded. This increase seem to have leaped in 2003 and 2009-2010 to date. I will comprise a list reflecting the actual numbers when I have the time. Governments and Marine personnel do handle and save quite a few, but no one knows to date why this occurs. There has been some theories that it's related to disturbances in the earth's magnetic field, thus having an affect on these mammals navigation abilities.

On the other hand, there is the exception which are reported on sites like this on (http://www.nrdc.org/wildlife/marine/sonar.asp) that has been able to link many (not all) whale and/or dolphin beachings to Navy submarine sonar.

Now here's where it gets interesting for those whom believe that the TPTP are manufacturing these events. If you consider all of these happening on coastal/island areas and the story that came out about a submarine maneuvering away from Haiti before the quake occurred... This may perhaps add to that basket of suspicion that these quakes are being caused by some type of marine weaponry on board submarines??

Aside from your preference or suspicions, thhese are facts I came across and therefore, wanted to shared. It could mean something or mean nothing at all.

gscraig
Old 03-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #141
gita
Avalon Senior Member

Nice post gscraig - makes a lot of sense and on the same thought lines as my own. The only frustrating is that we can never know for sure.
gita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #142
sammytray
Avalon Senior Member

great work!

I will say that YES it all has meaning! Those who put the pieces together and or pay attention, could possibly have a 'head start' in the awareness process. The facts are completely logical therefore completely possible and likely. Animals don't lie, they have a reason for there behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gscraig View Post
I finally had some time to look further into the earthquakes for any particular patterns and I did find some rather interesting commonalities.

For starters, all of the recent high magnitude quakes are occurring on or close to coastal areas/islands and they are all located on the southern and southwestern part of the globe. Now, if you look at USGS, the majority of the quake activity over the past week or so, are occurring in the Southern and South-Western areas of the globe, aside from the common places known for quake activity (like California and Yellowstone).
I don't know what this means, but one indicator (if you are one that believes there to be an uncommon object in our solar system) may be that either the possible space object is either in that vicinity (south) of our solar system or having an impact on the sun to where it is consequently affecting these areas on Earth.

Now, what I also noticed or found is that in or near almost every quake location, there has also been a report of Whales and Dolphins being stranded on beaches. However, the oddity is that this was occurring before the quakes, not after. Now, this stranding phenomena has been occurring for over a decade from what I have seen so far, but there has been a huge increase in the number of whales and dolphins being stranded. This increase seem to have leaped in 2003 and to date. I will comprise a list reflecting the actual numbers when I have the time. Governments and Marine personnel do handle and save quite a few, but no one knows to date why this occurs. There has been some theories that it's related to disturbances in the earth's magnetic field, thus having an affect on these mammals navigation abilities.

On the other hand, there is the exception which are reported on sites like this on ([url] that has been able to link many (not all) whale and/or dolphin beachings to Navy submarine sonar.

Now here's where it gets interesting for those whom believe that the TPTP are manufacturing these events. If you consider all of these happening on coastal/island areas and the story that came out about a submarine maneuvering away from Haiti before the quake occurred... This may perhaps add to that basket of suspicion that these quakes are being caused by some type of marine weaponry on board submarines??

Aside from your preference or suspicions, thhese are facts I came across and therefore, wanted to shared. It could mean something or mean nothing at all.

gscraig
Old 03-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #143
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Let's kep observing and sharing....something of value might come out of it...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #144
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Quick correction. The majority of high mag quakes have been occurring in the South and South-Eastern areas of the earth, not South-Western as mistakenly posted in the last update.

I will put up an updated 1st quarter high mag quake count within a couple of days, before AV1 becomes read only.

gscraig
Old 03-31-2010, 03:17 PM   #145
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

8 tornadoes reportedly touching down in North Carolina.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/weather/0...ex.html?hpt=T2

6.4 Quake in the Indian Ocean
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/30...-indian-ocean/

Record rainfall flooding Northeast U.S.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36085345/ns/weather/

Yesterday, CNN was again talking about long overdue "vulnerable" areas for earthquakes. Like a couple of months back, they began with the Souteast U.S., but worked their way to the New Madrid Fault.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:29 PM   #146
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Carried over from Mists of Avalon site. Thanks to Raven

Raven wrote;
Quote:
Speaking of Whales. I found this article yesterday on MSN.
Mysterious whale die-off is largest on record
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36083941...nce/?gt1=43001
Old 04-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #147
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Now, that the 1st Quater of 2010 is winding down, liste below is the updated the earthquake data.

U P D A T E D- 3/31/2010

2009 Earthquakes 1st Quarter
32 total quakes
26 quakes 6-6.9 magnitude
06 quakes 7-7.9 magnitude
00 quakes 8+
1,783 deaths for the year of 2009

*2010 Earthquakes 1st Quarter
*55 total quakes
50 quakes 6-6.9 magnitude
03 quakes 7-7.9 magnitude (however, I counted 13 via another seismic sight)
02 quakes 8+ magnitude
*Highest number of 6.0+ quakes for the 1st Quarter in the last 10 years. (yes, I will check further back to see the last time it might have been as high or higher)
223, 140 deaths for the year of 2010 (based on current accounted for)

Additonal 1st Quarter comparisons
Total number of quakes:
2010- 3,631 (55 1st Q)
2009- 3,997 (32 1St Q)
2008- 7,315 (49 1st Q)
2007- 6,583 (38 1st Q)
2006- 6,432 (31 1st Q)

The above information is interesting, because it shows quite a decrease in the number of quakes in the first quarter since 2006. However, when looking at all of the 1st quarter data, there's clearly an increase in magnitude and the number of higher mag quakes (and obviously where they're occuring is changing)
Old 04-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #148
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

I have now looked at data going back to 1973 at this point, and the 55 1st quarter quakes (6.0+ mag) for 2010 are the highest we've had since that year (37 years). However, in 1996 there was a total of 50 1st quarter quakes, but there was also a total of 5,739 total earthquakes compared to the total earthquakes of 3,631 for 2010. So basically, we reached 55 1st quarter quakes that were 6.0+ magnitude with 2,108 less activity/quakes than 1996 which triggered 50 quakes.

Essentially, what this means, is that we are not seeing so much of an abnormal amount of quakes or for this time of year, but we seem to be seeing an increase in intensity and different areas of activity all triggering from a smaller number of total quakes. If you look at the previously posted data for 2008. We had 49 6.0+ mag quakes in the first quarter, that was part of a total 7,315 1st quarter earthquakes. Comparing that to 2010, it took 3,684 more quakes in 2008 than in 2010 to generate at least 49 6.0+ mag quakes.

2010- 55 6.0+ magnitude quakes out of a total of 3,631
2008- 49 6.0+ magnitude quakes out of a total of 7,315 (+3,684 compared to 2010)
1996- 50 6.0+ magnitude quakes out of a total of 5,739 (+2,108 compared to 2010)

I myself would prefer more quakes with less intensity, than fewer quakes with higher intensity any day..So, the saga continues…
Old 04-04-2010, 01:05 AM   #149
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

I wanted to move this thread posted by Bashi from PA2. A ot good climate change info, despite the true cause.

http://www.ecoenquirer.com/south-pole-tragedy.htm
Old 04-05-2010, 01:32 PM   #150
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

7.2 earthquake in Baja, California.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_524825.html