Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
Machinamentum
Avalon Senior Member

Default Welcome to Obamaville

Sign at homeless camp: ‘Welcome to Obamaville’

Residents of Colorado Springs, Colo., have a mystery on their hands: Who came up with the idea to erect a sign reading “Welcome to Obamaville” on the site of a homeless tent camp in the city?

The sign, which was visible from the Cimarron Street ramp to Interstate 25, clearly conveyed a political jab at rising unemployment under President Barack Obama, for it read in full, “Welcome to Obamaville – Colorado’s fastest growing community.”

Colorado television station KRDO first reported on the sign earlier this week, but without any identifying logos or clues to the sign’s origin, the station launched a public appeal for information on the sign’s author.

KRDO got its first clue when Spencer Swann of Colorado Canyon Signs confessed to constructing the sign, though he denied it was his idea and still refuses to divulge for whom he built it. He did, however, explain that there was more to the sign’s intent than criticizing the sitting president:

“You mention his name, you get some attention – I think that was the whole idea behind it,” Swann told KRDO. “I didn’t dream it up, but I thought it was a good idea. I thought that it would help some of these guys down here.”

Public reaction on the KRDO website has been mixed over the sign’s message:

“Lay the blame where you will, I think it is a hoot and a great historical throwback to Hooverville,” wrote a reader named daman in an online comment. “These are the worst times I’ve seen in my 40-plus years, and I am glad my kids get to see it early. Maybe they’ll learn to grow and be compassionate, yet personally fiscal conservatives.”

A poster named Nick, however, was critical: “That is pretty low to use a right-wing political agenda and attack the homeless during the worst recession in a generation and especially during the holidays.”

Swann, however, says he’s received nothing but support:

“I’ve had 100 calls today,” Swann told the station, “and not a single one of them was negative.”

Nonetheless, Swann has since replaced the “Obamaville” sign with another, which reads, “Please help. We need firewood, propane and canned food.”

In response to some criticism that the money used to build the signs should have been used to help the homeless instead, Swann told KRDO that though the original “Obamaville” sign cost around $150, he didn’t charge the unknown creator for either sign. Furthermore, he said, the instigator of the “Obamaville” sign is already involved with helping the homeless:

“He gives them money, he gives them food, he gives them support,” said Swann.

As for his own motivations for building the sign, and doing so without charge, Swann told KRDO, “I thought it was just something to draw attention and help those folks.”

Other stories at We Are Change Colorado Springs

http://wearechangecoloradosprings.org/index.php
Machinamentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
wingmaker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Welcome to Obamaville

People do not seem to remember ... "Short Memories" of what it was like living 8 years with the Bush Regime ... all this Econmic BS had happened durring that time span and the Bushes are responsible for 8 Trillion dollars of careless spending ...and now it is not even a year for Obama to prove himself. Do you really think if a Republican got in office that the Bush Agenda would not have been the same old same old stuff? Of course it would except you would not have a say so ... Just like now ... Wake up America ... Obama is giving you a breather before the **** hits the fan. and it's coming ... He is not the Blame for America's misfortune by the Robber Lords ... Republicans are ... the Illuminati are ... and the Illuminat is who really "Rules the World" ... rules the Slave population ...and if you haven;t figured out that yet ... you still have the Woolies pulled over your eye balls ... Wingmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinamentum View Post

Residents of Colorado Springs, Colo., have a mystery on their hands: Who came up with the idea to erect a sign reading “Welcome to Obamaville” on the site of a homeless tent camp in the city?

The sign, which was visible from the Cimarron Street ramp to Interstate 25, clearly conveyed a political jab at rising unemployment under President Barack Obama, for it read in full, “Welcome to Obamaville – Colorado’s fastest growing community.”

Colorado television station KRDO first reported on the sign earlier this week, but without any identifying logos or clues to the sign’s origin, the station launched a public appeal for information on the sign’s author.

KRDO got its first clue when Spencer Swann of Colorado Canyon Signs confessed to constructing the sign, though he denied it was his idea and still refuses to divulge for whom he built it. He did, however, explain that there was more to the sign’s intent than criticizing the sitting president:

“You mention his name, you get some attention – I think that was the whole idea behind it,” Swann told KRDO. “I didn’t dream it up, but I thought it was a good idea. I thought that it would help some of these guys down here.”

“Lay the blame where you will, I think it is a hoot and a great historical throwback to Hooverville,” wrote a reader named daman in an online comment. “These are the worst times I’ve seen in my 40-plus years, and I am glad my kids get to see it early. Maybe they’ll learn to grow and be compassionate, yet personally fiscal conservatives.”

A poster named Nick, however, was critical: “That is pretty low to use a right-wing political agenda and attack the homeless during the worst recession in a generation and especially during the holidays.”

“I’ve had 100 calls today,” Swann told the station, “and not a single one of them was negative.”

Nonetheless, Swann has since replaced the “Obamaville” sign with another, which reads, “Please help. We need firewood, propane and canned food.”

In response to some criticism that the money used to build the signs should have been used to help the homeless instead, Swann told KRDO that though the original “Obamaville” sign cost around $150, he didn’t charge the unknown creator for either sign. Furthermore, he said, the instigator of the “Obamaville” sign is already involved with helping the homeless:

As for his own motivations for building the sign, and doing so without charge, Swann told KRDO, “I thought it was just something to draw attention and help those folks.”

wingmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmaker View Post
People do not seem to remember ... "Short Memories" of what it was like living 8 years with the Bush Regime ... all this Econmic BS had happened durring that time span and the Bushes are responsible for 8 Trillion dollars of careless spending ...and now it is not even a year for Obama to prove himself. Do you really think if a Republican got in office that the Bush Agenda would not have been the same old same old stuff? Of course it would except you would not have a say so ... Just like now ... Wake up America ... Obama is giving you a breather before the **** hits the fan. and it's coming ... He is not the Blame for America's misfortune by the Robber Lords ... Republicans are ... the Illuminati are ... and the Illuminat is who really "Rules the World" ... rules the Slave population ...and if you haven;t figured out that yet ... you still have the Woolies pulled over your eye balls ... Wingmaker

Here we go again with Poor Obama..............I dont think people forgot anything and if you think that Obama is better than Bush then you are the one that is being fooled.

For the last 60 years we have lived under the same Illuminati's rule that we are under today.

The only way around this is US, all of US so when all of the Obama crowd decides to see the full picture, things may change.

Republicans are no different than Democrats..........besides its just a name

we need to stop stereo-typing by race,religiion and political party. So silly
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
wingmaker
Avalon Senior Member

Well he is better than Bush ... And I have a lot to do with Obama getting in ... I mind bend the hell out of people ...and he was the Dark Horse to win ...and he won ... Get use to the new world changes that are coming ... Truth will prevail ... the only thing you have to do ... Is be open to truth ... maybe you should change your name ..."I want to believe ...but I am from Missery" ... smiling ...wingmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntruthseeker View Post
Here we go again with Poor Obama..............I dont think people forgot anything and if you think that Obama is better than Bush then you are the one that is being fooled.

For the last 60 years we have lived under the same Illuminati's rule that we are under today.

The only way around this is US, all of US so when all of the Obama crowd decides to see the full picture, things may change.

Republicans are no different than Democrats..........besides its just a name

we need to stop stereo-typing by race,religiion and political party. So silly
Old 12-17-2009, 04:20 PM   #5
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

It's not the presidents , it's the congress,house and senate and the illuminatti. They are out of control with spending, consider this -who in their right mind would pass a contract (health care) where the premiums to pay for it would start 4 years before anyone is covered and still leave 25 million without health care , WHAT ARE THEY DOING???????. I mean you wouldn't buy a car today and start making payments but you couldn't pick it up until 2014 would you???

Were on borrowed money and now their trying to front load their expenses/ bills because they can't afford what they want, reasonable thought is completely gone as arrogant self righteous behavior of I am the king is in full play. I'm just waiting for what they did in the King Louy Days in france , one of the kings, when the king took a dump , they paraded down the street and everone clapped because the king took a #2 . Were almost there in this country with are so called elected leaders.

I agree with trseeker, don't get caught up with the president debate , thats equivalent to a minor rash on your behind.
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:43 PM   #6
wingmaker
Avalon Senior Member

Congress ... Since you are mentioning it ... I know for a fact that Congress is Illuminati ... and your in denial of it ... It would not matter who got in to office ... None of you would be satisfied ... You need to walk your talk ... Know what your talking about ... so I don't agree with you ... No big deal ... We all have the right to think what we want ... now don't we ... smiling ...wingmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrangello View Post
It's not the presidents , it's the congress,house and senate and the illuminatti. They are out of control with spending, consider this -who in their right mind would pass a contract (health care) where the premiums to pay for it would start 4 years before anyone is covered and still leave 25 million without health care , WHAT ARE THEY DOING???????. I mean you wouldn't buy a car today and start making payments but you couldn't pick it up until 2014 would you???

Were on borrowed money and now their trying to front load their expenses/ bills because they can't afford what they want, reasonable thought is completely gone as arrogant self righteous behavior of I am the king is in full play. I'm just waiting for what they did in the King Louy Days in france , one of the kings, when the king took a dump , they paraded down the street and everone clapped because the king took a #2 . Were almost there in this country with are so called elected leaders.

I agree with trseeker, don't get caught up with the president debate , thats equivalent to a minor rash on your behind.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:50 PM   #7
wingmaker
Avalon Senior Member

I smell Revolution in the air ... but the Illuminati would love that to happen ... It would allow for them to put the people in those camps popping up all over the world ... Now can you just see yourself living in one of those camps ?? wingmaker
Quote:

Old 12-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #8
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

First of all.............Obama got the presidency the same way they all did.

They were selected not elected. You can continue to pat yourself on the back as it makes no difference to me.

I could change my name but it would not change my views. I am very much awake and aware of what is happening to our world. Its funny that my name should bother you at all.

The only change I want is to see the world the way our Creator always had planned.

Blessings
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #9
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Hey wingmaker , I like your blue letters but no substance in your comment, the real concern is this, when the founding fathers signed the Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence we had ( 0 ) dependency on the government to live.

There is now 40% of americans dependent on the U.S. government to live. Mathamatical law states that when you have more numbers taking out than putting in eventually the well runs dry. Were almost there and many in the working class, the hard working everyday americans know it. Not the mucky mucks on wall street or DC. The people who pay the taxes like you I hope. Were talking about straight math here, not who you like or dislike. Thats pretty simple.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #10
wingmaker
Avalon Senior Member

I don't see it like you see it ... I have some gifts that were given to me ... it bothers you that I have these gifts ... Why don't you admit it ?? I bet it scares you that some people have and are capable of a lot of things behind the scenes ... Hey I am not trying to make a believer out of you but it does bother you that I might just have something you don't have... It's called Mind Bending Power ... and there are a lot of us who have it ... but your not one of them ... You would rather 3 D rationalize your inadequacies by making me feel like I am in ego ... Well I have these abilites and I use them to the fullest ... So I will take that little pat on my own back ... can you can eat CROW ... smiling ...wingmaker[/SIZE]
Quote:

They were selected not elected. You can continue to pat yourself on the back as it makes no difference to me.

I could change my name but it would not change my views. I am very much awake and aware of what is happening to our world. Its funny that my name should bother you at all.

The only change I want is to see the world the way our Creator always had planned.

Blessings
Old 12-17-2009, 05:12 PM   #11
wingmaker
Avalon Senior Member

I smell Revolution in the air ...and it is programmed into the future ... So is the pandemic ... but it is having a hard time getting off the ground this pandemic ... it is man-made by the illuminati and it is part of the 6th timeline ... that of the illnesses overlapping with our timeline of the 13th for which we inhabit ... the illiminati want the populations down by a few billions ... So a few million people survive ... then they won't have to worry about running out of tax payer money ... the end of 2010 will show signs of the abyss coming about ... bet you can't wait ... it is only one years away to final economic ruin ... because that is where we are headed folks. wingmaker
Quote:
Hey wingmaker , I like your blue letters but no substance in your comment, the real concern is this, when the founding fathers signed the Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence we had ( 0 ) dependency on the government to live.

There is now 40% of americans dependent on the U.S. government to live. Mathamatical law states that when you have more numbers taking out than putting in eventually the well runs dry. Were almost there and many in the working class, the hard working everyday americans know it. Not the mucky mucks on wall street or DC. The people who pay the taxes like you I hope. Were talking about straight math here, not who you like or dislike. Thats pretty simple.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #12
wingmaker
Avalon Senior Member

So your saying ...When you went out to vote it was a waste of your time?? I didn't have to go out and vote ... I mind bent the hell out of people on a mass scale ...funny how it works ... It's quite easy ... No way was Illuminati Hillary going to get in ... Your name means nothing to me ... afterall ...it was you who came noking on my door ... and I slammed it shut in your face ... but I am civil ... I have to laugh at people who say they are looking for truth but when it bites them like a snake ... they are in denial ... You are in denial ... but give yourself some time ... You might figure it out ... don't let people like me bother you or step on your shoeless toes ... go about your ignorent life seeking truth among the dwellers of the 3 D world ... The turth is in the Universe if you can connect yourself multidimensionally ... try it you might be surprised at what you may find in turth. wingmaker
Quote:

Blessings
Old 12-17-2009, 06:02 PM   #13
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Hey wingmaker, at 7 posts and running and those great big letters, you need to settle down as I'd say you might be a stroke candidate . Ya things are bad and they could get worse but my belief is good will prevail over evil , This lifetime or the next it will , count on it , believe it!
Old 12-17-2009, 06:26 PM   #14
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Is this guy for real?
"Mind Bending Powers"?
"I have gifts and it bothers you"
Talk about starting off on the wrong foot.
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #15
wingmaker
Avalon Senior Member

Don't worry about me ... worry about your own sulf indulgences ... and you are a lousy chess player ... wingmaker
Quote:
Hey wingmaker, at 7 posts and running and those great big letters, you need to settle down as I'd say you might be a stroke candidate . Ya things are bad and they could get worse but my belief is good will prevail over evil , This lifetime or the next it will , count on it , believe it!
Old 12-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #16
wingmaker
Avalon Senior Member

Perhaps if you had some serious gifts ... You could be a player ... but yes I would say you have your foot stuk in your mouth ... chew on it a while ... try and make some sense of your own curiousity ... and don't worry what I have and what YOU don't have ... wingmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
Is this guy for real?
"Mind Bending Powers"?
"I have gifts and it bothers you"
Talk about starting off on the wrong foot.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #17
wingmaker
Avalon Senior Member

You have nothing to offer ... Well what you see is the world falling into worst ... so that it can get better ... but I can see you think like a 3 der ... You like most people are winers and you want it now ... Well like everything else you have to wait ... and Evil is on it's way out ...but someone has to do the work ... Those 144,000 Ground Crew Lightworkers ... but of course you're one of those ... your one of the winers or is it complainers ...who talk and talk and don't do the walk ...LOL ...wingmaker
Quote:
Old 12-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #18
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

*celine hands wingmaker a silver spoon *
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #19
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

I think I am going to have to respectfully ask that if your going to continue to be a jack***, you are more than welcome to leave. I also ask that nobody feed into this like over the past few days.
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #20
wingmaker
Avalon Senior Member

It would be nice itf you had something of important to say ... lame is the brain ... I see you don't have a problem with lame ... wingmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Céline View Post
*celine hands wingmaker a silver spoon *
Old 12-17-2009, 06:50 PM   #21
wingmaker
Avalon Senior Member

So what is your excuse ... you don't like what I have to say about the Evil in the world?? Or is it that you don't like that I have access to things you don't ??? which is it??? Wingmaker
Quote:
I think I am going to have to respectfully ask that if your going to continue to be a jack***, you are more than welcome to leave. I also ask that nobody feed into this like over the past few days.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:55 PM   #22
wingmaker
Avalon Senior Member

I feel great ... but then I am able to wear the armour that some of you don't have ... we call that thin skin for those of you who do not feel well. and I would be careful of calling people names ... because I would have to report you ... Try and be civil and be nice ...We all have a right to our Freedom of Speach without calling each other names ... remember the rules now ...wingmaker
Quote:
Old 12-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #23
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
i reported his post...and promise not to feed this one
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #24
wingmaker
Avalon Senior Member

I have a big big Angel who is a JUDGE ... get it ... you will soon. wingmaker
Quote:
Old 12-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #25
wingmaker
Avalon Senior Member

About this post ... I think it is terrible that a man would put a sign up saying Obamaville ... is he saying that this is what life is under Obama Rule?? Or is he saying he like Obama ?? I am a little confused ...because I really like the man ...Mr. Obama ... don't you?? Well you do not have to like him ... just be aware that most of the country voted him in ...and he is there for a reason. wingmaker ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinamentum View Post