Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 09-19-2008, 01:34 AM   #1
bennett
Avalon Senior Member

Default What is it with the "sheeple" thing?

I have noticed here at Project Avalon the ubiquitous use of words like “sheeple”, “lemmings”, and others I don’t care to expend the energy to recall. In the midst of the tremendous positive energies here, these words make me uncomfortable. Observe the feelings that arise when you see them used, or use them yourself. I confess my own use and must say I don’t enjoy those feelings. They jar, they chafe, they smack of a disdainful arrogance, a patronizing sanctimony. We are better than this.

I do understand, from the perspective of linear thought, the utility of such words. They serve to identify certain “others”, not “us”. I might suggest a different way to identify these “others”, perhaps “fellow victims”? At least it omits the separative feeling by acknowledging our unity, and it does feel more compassionate. But, of course, I don’t suggest it. (The least reason being that victim consciousness invites further abuse.) Perhaps a better wordsmith among us, one more feeling-intuitive could come up with something better. But first we should ask ourselves, do “others” really exist”? Do such words belong here? Perhaps it would better serve us to dispense with the distinction altogether.

We consider ourselves among those on the leading edge of humanity’s shift in consciousness. We courageously take up our personal responsibilities to contribute to the divergence of our path from the downward spiral, this contrived separation of our link between Soul (Source) and it’s human extension (spirit in body). As pioneers of divergence to ascension, do we wisely carry along this divisive habit of “us-them” mentality? Does a wise leader permit his ego to place himself above those who follow, waste his energies on denigrating their position or condition on the same path he finds himself? Of course not. A wise leader focuses his intent and energies on achieving his goal while humbly serving to point the way with wisdom and compassion. Conversely, do we joyfully follow those who would diminish us? What might we expect if we do? What example, what state of consciousness does the leader present? I’m sure you see; this is all obvious.

By “chance” I recently found a passage that resonates in “Messages to the Ground Crew”:

“It is important that mankind’s affinity to personify to identify be released. Only then will the true freedom of consciousness to evolve be experienced into wisdom." (pg 21)

To me this says that “others” don’t exist, and we must release this habit of separating ourselves into groups. This also resonates with the Law of Allowance, extending true freedom to others so we might gain it ourselves.

Words like “sheeple” are not loving or kind. They are not intelligent or wise. I move that we strike them from our collective consciousness. There are no “sheeple”. There is only the collective “we”, each of us identical as (not in) the process of experiencing knowledge into wisdom, as a beautiful collective concert.

We are all together human extensions of the Source, which energy is love. We collectively and individually inhere in love. Let us consciously regain and maintain that connection to Source. May we all magnify and radiate the love that rises within.

Blessings
bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:50 AM   #2
MargueriteBee
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What is it with the "sheeple" thing?

i know what you mean, I don't like that word either. I prefer sleeple, sleeping people.
MargueriteBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:50 AM   #3
PodWORLD
Avalon Senior Member

Excellent post.

You spoke with great erudition and beautiful sentiment.

We're all in this together after all.
PodWORLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:50 AM   #4
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

Beautifully said.
I've used that term, and I'll admit it was just ego fuel. Totally non-productive.
Thank you for the kind reminder, friend.

Circles,
CW
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:00 AM   #5
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

I agree. I used it, too, when I first woke up and was enraged at what I found out was going on. I've since rebalanced myself and it is a term that doesn't serve the higher good. Maybe one of the reasons many aren't awake is in part due to the negative energy they sense from some who are and think of them as sheeple?
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:12 AM   #6
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

I am sorry.
Forgive me.

I love you.
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:20 AM   #7
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conjuredUp View Post
I am sorry.
Forgive me.

I love you.
That's magic.

RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:21 AM   #8
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conjuredUp View Post
I am sorry.
Forgive me.

I love you.
Now that is amazing

It appears to be a word made from two words.

Sheep - that can be lead to the slaughter.
People - that are made from living souls.

It really is a nice word to describe living human souls that don't know they are living human souls. Nobody wants to be a sheeple because that means you are sleepliving and being led to the slaughter of every beautiful thing on this earth. Wakey wakey time.

Bam! Galatic Butterfly to the dome.

I think this word should be voted into the dictionary if its not already there. It dose not matter.
peace...Now, bring it back to Love!
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:30 AM   #9
bennett
Avalon Senior Member

MargueriteBee - "Sleeple", that's funny! . Very creative wordsmithing; shall I say, feeling-intuitive? (still don't like it though )

conjuredup - I agree with RubyTuesday - "That's magic."!

circlewerk - I knew you would see this post. You have a special affinity for love my friend. Thank you for your comment.

Thanks you all for your comments, gentle beings. I Radiate, Magnified.
bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:25 AM   #10
pilot
Avalon Senior Member

I agree using the word sheeple to describe others is condescending and have used it before, however, I am a sheeple sometimes too. If it means that I am not always conscious of my eternal aspect and am not aware of what is REALLY going on in the world, well, yeah.

They are us. We are them. We are all one.

I'm sure I don't know everything there is to know-but you know what? It doesn't matter-it's about your vibration, not what you know. A loving individual can ride the wave without ever logging onto the web or knowing what Matrix means.
pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:46 AM   #11
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

yeah, its not real cool to call people that...

i think the term can be effective sometimes though in helping to prove a point or help someone see something from a different perspective.

imho, as long as its not a personal attack, it can be helpful.... errr uhmm.. helpful isnt the word i wanted , but... im blankin out... lol

Blessings
<3
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:13 AM   #12
Captain Obvious
Avalon Senior Member

Hi bennet,

>“It is important that mankind’s affinity to personify to identify be released. Only then will the true freedom of consciousness to evolve be experienced into wisdom." (pg 21)

I think this part of your post can be addressed with questions like these: Am I good? Am I a musician? Am I a proud parent of none? Am I a smartass? Am I a web editor? Am I a man? Am I a human being?

I label my actions in one way, others may see it a completely different way. I like to make music. I don't have any kids. I do occasionally try to be clever. I do a job. I occupy a male body. I am part of the human experience. Ultimately though, who am I?

That is my interpretation of those words, that different identifications are layers and masks, that the real being isn't identified, or isn't tried to be identified.
Captain Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:20 AM   #13
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

I bet Sheeple go nicely with mint-sauce after a good roasting

I think the OP is spot on. I will take bennets wisdom to heart.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #14
isotelesis
Avalon Senior Member

Wink Re: What is it with the "sheeple" thing?

Are you suggesting there are no "sheeple"? Because that derogatory term captures the essence of the problem we are facing. Are you suggesting mind control doesn't exist? Animal farm...the animals are ruling the animals, but they are both ruled by the limits of the systems they impose on their own minds.

Spread the love, not the lies. Peace of mind doesn't require a quiet mind. Maybe "systematically hypnotized" would be more polite?

Last edited by isotelesis; 09-19-2008 at 10:09 AM.
isotelesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:34 AM   #15
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isotelesis View Post
Are you suggesting there are no "sheeple"? Because that derogatory term captures the essence of the problem we are facing. Are you suggesting mind control doesn't exist? Animal farm...the animals are ruling the animals, but they are both ruled by the limits of the systems they impose on their own minds.

Spread the love, not the lies. Peace of mind doesn't require a quiet mind. Maybe "systematically hypnotized" would be more polite?

The key point is that "sheeple" are led. Leaving the flock is an act of awakening to your truth, and the assumption of responsibility for yourself, instead of leaving it to some shepherds (ie black cabal peverted government) to take care of you by whatever means you let them.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #16
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

It's a necessary word construction to hit home a point and designed by Icke to wake people up in these unnecessarily slavish times.
This is an example of sheeple and how they police each other!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-dustbins.html

Last edited by Antaletriangle; 09-19-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:53 AM   #17
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Bennet,

2nd this fully.

Zjenny

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #18
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

I often wondered if the words sheep and sleep are similar for a reason.

I agree that sheeple can be over used, but it does create a pretty accurate symbol in the mind about what is happening. I prefer sheeple over "victims" myself. Victim to me denotes a feeling of helplessness, where as sheeple just simple means we need to wake up.

Maybe sleople/sleeple is the best term to use in this case then.

On the other side of the coin, I really detest when the word "elite" is used to describe the scum who dis-control things.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #19
izz
Banned

yea it is people from the icke forum [ or some people from the icke forum ] that use that term alot.

they are not sheeple of course cos they have perfect vision and insight and can even see a conspiracy in a tea cup

it is a derogatory term used by angry people looking in the mirror IMO
izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #20
isotelesis
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Re: What is it with the "sheeple" thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
The key point is that "sheeple" are led. Leaving the flock is an act of awakening to your truth, and the assumption of responsibility for yourself, instead of leaving it to some shepherds (ie black cabal peverted government) to take care of you by whatever means you let them.

A..
Escape from prison and all it implies, or becoming a magus of your own domain, the fact that people need to be led in such ways is the problem today.

I do not support a black cabal perverted government. However I acknowledge they exist and have essentially been the architects of the modern social forces. Every organizational system needs self-regulation to some extent. What I hope to promote are more libertarian and independent communities which nonetheless are in balance with the natural cosmotelic order. The NWO is an attempt to make humans a galactic species, however they are using the same kind of thinking to solve problems, when such approaches are what produced such problems in the first place.

The human race needs leadership to some extent. However those who desire to be in charge do not always make the best leaders. We do not need more readily manipulated galactic citizens.
isotelesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:20 PM   #21
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

heheh...

I was called a Sheeple today for the first time, because I was still saying there is hope...

I didn't reply, because I consider myself a shepherd, watching over the flock around me.

I pity the wolf that dares step out of the shadows...
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:33 PM   #22
sunnyrap
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: .. the "sheeple" thing: word coined by Kissinger

I believe people on this forum are just being sardonic when they use that term. The word 'sheeple' was first used by Henry Kissinger in an address to a group of politicos --can't remember the occasion, I think it was in the early 70's--but it was one of those things that was addressed to the cabal and not meant to be leaked to the greater public, I'm sure. He used 'sheeple' to describe people so oblivious to reality (that was being created by himself and the cabal) and so easy to manipulate that they were reduced to the level of docile sheep in his eyes. By using this description of 'common people' he does such violence to, Kissinger is distancing himself from them, as if they were another species. Could be they really are...
sunnyrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:39 PM   #23
izz
Banned

wow tahtis interesting .. but the term does dehumanise people and almost suggest that people or ' sheeple ' are getting what they deserve.

I believe that we have all been tricked and conned even abused for so long on so many levels by those who wield power and influence, that most people are good hearted and just want to have a good life and look after their family and friends.

So to imply that if we do not see reality the way the conspiracie rookies do that we are sheeple is very derogatory.
izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:12 PM   #24
isorec
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
“It is important that mankind’s affinity to personify to identify be released. Only then will the true freedom of consciousness to evolve be experienced into wisdom." (pg 21)
Very good thread bennett!

Should we use the term Other-Selves then?
isorec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:48 AM   #25
Erasmo8
Avalon Senior Member

I agree with you Bennet
I am also guilty of using the word at least once before to refer to the "Lost Souls" who may not be aware of what is happening and regard what they are being told or presented as reality.
Since we are all energy, we are all one, we are meant to be together to the end.
Let us cellebrate the Love that is resurfacing in ourselves...

Paz
Erasmo8 is offline   Reply With Quote