Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Resources > How To Learn About Stuff

Notices

Old 09-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
Frank69
Avalon Senior Member

Default Antibiotics and local anesthetics

In situations where is no doctor available but with access to medication, I would like to learn the basics on drug names and doses for treating infections and wound stitching.

What to look for?

Frank
Frank69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year
Default Re: Antibiotics and local anesthetics

GOOD QUESTION!!

i suggest that u start up a new thread here ..with just a LIST of links or suggestions...it will be very useful!!!
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:45 PM   #3
mudhog92
Avalon Senior Member

I am an RN and paramedic. I have been looking inot alternative and homeopathic treatments for a little while as I have awakened and realize most drugs are more harmful than helpful. I've been doing this for 20 years and came to the belief that western medicine is profit motivated, not cure motivated at all. May I make the suggestion to look into energy and vibrational healing like reiki, quantum touch, chi quong(or gong?), ...go to amazon an search alternative medicine. Colloidal silver is making a come back. Silver is a great bactericidal agent. You can put a pure silver coin into a container of water to keep it clean. In the old days, they would put a silver coin on wounds to keep bacteria from infecting it. Good luck, you will find some interesting stuff I hope.
mudhog92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:37 AM   #4
Baggywrinkle

I think my skill set can contribute here. I'm a pharmacist who doesn't like
drugs. I am also trained in Reiki and Spiritual healing.

The only drugs I personally will take are pain killers and antibiotics on a situational basis. Obviously, if you have a chronic issue you need to address it. (i.e.insulin dependent diabetic)

Most of what we hand out is unnecessary.

Pharmacognosy (weeds and seeds) is another entire topic. Yes it is worth
looking at.

Colloidal silver should be approached cautiously. There is no such thing as a silver bullet (no pun intended) Argyria is irreversible once it
manifests

Homeopathy is also worth study, but I wouldn't use it exclusively. Call me a belt and suspenders man. Throw in Vedic and Chinese medicine
while we are at it. They all have their place.

Last edited by Baggywrinkle; 09-08-2008 at 02:43 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:32 AM   #5
OceanWinds

I agree and disagree... I dont like pain killers or antibiotics, they can lower vitality in the liver. In chinese medicine the root of all imbalance starts in the liver, and it is far more accurate at restoring balance than western medicine.

Silver is ok for external wounds... but I wouldnt drink it, not because of turning blue either. But because it is an indiscriminant killer. It works on the same principles as mms, and h202. Kills the good with the bad.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #6
mudhog92
Avalon Senior Member

good stuff to hear. Thanks for the silver info, just starting researching it more after running across it. I think the future is going to be acombination of holistic and tradtional western medicine. Trauma, emergency surgery,...some of that is needed, but western med really fails to aknowledge subtle energy fields. I'm learning al I can to make my decisions for me rather than listening to what PFizer tells me I need to sleep at night or maintain and erection! Both have their good points, it's a shame one side of it is so profit motivated when it started out with the intent of helpng people.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:56 AM   #7
Jasper
Avalon Senior Member

MMS could well be the answer to many ailments. I bought some off eBay and know someone who has been taking it for some time and swears by it's efficaciousness. Here's the website;

http://jimhumble.biz/

This could also be the 'Medicinal Compound' invented by Lily the Pink.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lily_the_Pink_(song)
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:09 PM   #8
Optimystica

For a lack of a better plan, I intend to rely on Jin Shin Jyutsu, is healing modality, the simplest healing modality I have come across, an I think is worth the shot.
I have not tried everything but I can say it works with what I have tried (like kidney pain, insect bittings...)
The other source I find useful is Energy medicine from Donna Eden I've tried with headaches, to calms down, to test food reactions...)
Both are simple and easy to use from the book.
Hope it helps.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #9
Jubilum

Two cloves of garlic is rough equal to a shot of penicillin. Chopped up and placed on the soles of a baby's' feet it will break the most ardent fevers. But don't take my word for it, do your own research. And if you want to opt out modern pharmaceuticals altogether do a Google search on Dr. Robert Beck and his electrifier. I have used it to kill ear infections in 10 minutes. It kills all the usual 'incurable' stuff. Doctors don't posses a magical ability to know stuff you can't learn. Study your buns off, learn about sprouts, raw food, apple cider vinegar, nanobacteria, essential oils and herbs. In this day and age, knowledge is freedom.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:26 PM   #10
mudhog92
Avalon Senior Member

awesome info everyone, thanx
Old 09-09-2008, 03:02 PM   #11
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

i believe, (note, i said, i believe)
that, all diseases, are linked to vibrations
and, if you know the vibration that you have lost,
you can simply reinstall them
(more on that later)

brightest blessings
i am susan
aka The eXchanger
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #12
EchosLament
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank69 View Post
In situations where is no doctor available but with access to medication, I would like to learn the basics on drug names and doses for treating infections and wound stitching.

What to look for?

Frank
You may also want to look into things like Tea Tree Oil

http://bastyrcenter.org/content/view/972/&page=

Quote:
Tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) preparations may be as effective as drug therapy for the treatment of certain staph (Staphylococcus aureus) skin infections, reports the Journal of Hospital Infection (2004;56:283–6). At this time in which increasing antibiotic use is giving rise to more resistant strains of bacteria, identifying treatments for infection that don’t depend on antibiotics is an important finding.
EchosLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:43 PM   #13
ucan
Avalon Senior Member

Garlic is fantastic - a gauze made of sphagnum moss with garlic oil was commonly used in the second world war. Woundwort is a herb whose chemical properties help congeal a wound.
ucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:05 PM   #14
Frank69
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you people for you suggestions. Colloidal silver and tea tree oil is already in my medical kit. I will look into garlic and MMS.

What are your recommendations for alternative pain killers?

Frank
Frank69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:14 PM   #15
ucan
Avalon Senior Member

White Willow / Fennel / Opium Poppies are great pain killers
ucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:09 AM   #16
towhom
Avalon Senior Member

This is a link for Culpeper's Complete Herbal. It includes the text. I'm sure there are many sites available that offer suggestions and/or solutions. I try to stick with "natural" solutions. Please make sure you research and discuss the various alternatives with a trusted medical person before trying them out for yourself. In addition, there are physicians who are using complimentary homeopathic remedies in patient treatment programs.

http://complete-herbal.com/completeherbal1814.htm
towhom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:09 AM   #17
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank69 View Post
Thank you people for you suggestions. Colloidal silver and tea tree oil is already in my medical kit. I will look into garlic and MMS.

What are your recommendations for alternative pain killers?

Frank
Clove oil is good...
Old 09-10-2008, 03:10 AM   #18
dolphin
Avalon Senior Member

there is an amazing medical intuitive, she deals w homeopathic remedies and holistic solutions. www.healthtechniques.com. she also does muscle testing.
dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:11 AM   #19
Athena
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Everyone,

IMO, Organic Lavender Essential Oil should be in everyone's first aid kit or medicine chest. A small bottle goes a long way...

For those short on time here's some information:

Lavender Essential Oil

Botanical Name: Lavendula angustifolia
Common Method Of Extraction: Steam distilled
Parts Used: Flowers
Note Classification: Middle
Aroma: Fresh, herbaceous, floral
Largest Producing Countries: Bulgaria and France

Traditional Use: Used in pharmaceutical antiseptic, ointments, burn salves, and as a fragrance. Extensively employed in all types of soaps, lotions, perfumes, etc.

Properties: Analgesic, anticonvulsive, antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antirheumatic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antitoxic, antitussive, antivenomus, carminative, cholagogue, choleretic, cicatrisant, cordial, cytophylactic, decongestant, deodorant, diuretic, emmenagogue, hypotenser, insecticide, nervine, parasiticide, rubefacient, sedative, splenetic, stimulant, sudorific, tonic, vermifuge, and vulnerary.

Benefits: Abscess, acne, allergies, alopeica areata, asthma, athlete’s foot, blenorrhea, blepharitits, boils, bronchitis, bruises, burns, carbuncles, catarrh, childbirth, chlorosis, colic, conjunctivitis, cramps, cystitis, dandruff, depression, dermatitis, diarrhea, diphtheria, dysmenorrhea, dyspepsia, earache, eczema, epilepsy, fainting, fistula (anal), flatulence, flu, gall stones, gonorrhea, halitosis, headache, hiccups, hoarseness, hypertension, hysteria, inflammations, insect bites and stings, insect repellant, insomnia, laryngitis, leucorrhea, lice, lumbago, migraine, nausea, nervous tension, neurasthenia, oliguria, palpitations, pediculosis, PMT, psoriasis, rashes, rheumatism, ringworm, scabies, sciatica, scrofula, shock, sore muscles, sprains, stiff joints, stress, sunburn, sunstroke, throat infections, tuberculosis, typhoid fever, ulcers, vertigo, vomiting, whooping cough, and wounds.

Blends Well With: Bergamot, black pepper, cedarwood, german and roman chamomile, clary sage, clove, cypress, eucalyptus, geranium, grapefruit, juniper, labdanum, lemon, lemongrass, mandarin, marjoram, oakmoss, palmarosa, patchouli, peppermint, pine, ravensara, rose, rosemary, tea tree, thyme linalol, and vetiver.

Of Interest: The name “lavender” is derived from the Latin lavare, meaning, “to wash”. Known as one of the seven polyvalents (effective against many toxins), which are applicable to many ailments. Greeks and Romans perfumed their bathwater with lavender, burned lavender incense to appease their wrathful gods, and believed the scent of lavender to be soothing to untamed lions and tigers.

Safety Data: Non-toxic, non-irritant, and non-sensitizing.

NOTE: Invest the extra money and make sure you always buy ORGANIC essential oils, otherwise chemicals are used in the extraction process which contaminates the oils purity.

Great company for essential oils, salves, bulk herbs: www.mountainroseherbs.com

Best wishes to all,
Athena
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:11 AM   #20
dolphin
Avalon Senior Member

sorry, it's www.naturalhealthtechniques.com
dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #21
Jasper
Avalon Senior Member

Don't forget your minerals. Your DNA needs 64 of them to replicate cells properly. Modifilan has them all. Remember, a happy DNA is a healthy DNA.
A great book is 'Minerals for the Genetic Code' by Charles Walters. It features the work of Dr. Richard Olree, who tells you everything you need to know. he did make a slight mistake with one of his codons, but I'll let him off this time around.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #22
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Antibiotics - make your own...

http://www.all-natural.com/silver-1.html

http://www.sotainstruments.com/produ...ver_pulser.asp

I know all this from doing 5 solid months of cancer research for my Dad. Unfortunately unsucessful due to his agreesive hormonal cancer, but I know so much on diet and surpressed cancer cures now...

Eat organic and seeds and raw if possible and get clean energised water...
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:27 PM   #23
Baggywrinkle

Default Re: Antibiotics - make your own...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecting with Sauce View Post
On the topic of energized, from a Reiki/Healing perspective. When you do a dinner blessing and give
thanks, you are energizing, raising the vibrational level
of your meal.

We were taught that water stores energy. You cleanse
your environment by leaving a glass or bowl of water
uncovered in the room. It has the capacity to absorb
negative energy from the room. Don't drink this..

Hold your hands open around a glass of water. Imagine
energy flowing from your hands, the water begins to
glow. Hold prayerful intent. Drink this!

Try this same experiment with a second party. Hold your
hands open around your partner's hand. Imagine energy
flowing into their hand. Move in closer then further away without touching their hand. See if they can feel it. See if
you can feel it. I think you might be suprised.

See Masaru Emoto and his water crystal photography
for further information.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:49 PM   #24
towhom
Avalon Senior Member

How about this:

List links that provide downloadable herbal documents and/or procedures. I'll start checking them out to create a master document file (PDF) that can be referenced and downloaded by each member (in case the internet is down).

It will take time - but it will be cool to have this.

Links with pictures would be especially helpful. Regions would be good, too. Suffice to say, what is available in the UK may be different in the US.

Peace and Joy
Always

Sally Anne
towhom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:35 PM   #25
Hugo
Avalon Senior Member

ARNICA cream or ointment is excellent in the case of bruises or sprains of joints for instance and inflammation where there's damage, do the ice first (10 min. on 10 min. off for 2 hours) and then rub the stuff in the affected area and then wrap it with glad wrap and leave over night, speeds up the healing process dramaticaly. Repeat several times until it's healed.

About the COLLOIDAL SILVER being an "indiscriminant killer" aparently it's not so it only targets sinlge celled virus, fungi and bacteria. That's what I found.

Thanks for the advice on MMS, had never heard of that stuff before !
Hugo is offline   Reply With Quote