Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 02-01-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Default Nag Hammadi

Some personal insight:

Jesus the Son of Man merged with Christ Consciousness (The Son of God) at the river Jordan after his baptism from his cousin John. He came to show us the way the truth and the light. He came to show that we could do all that he did and more by following the will of God the Father. He came to show that what we do to others is reflected back at us, that the world outside of us is a mirror of the world inside of us. That we should seek first the kingdom of heaven and all other things will be given to us. That the kingdom of heaven can not be found anywhere outside of us but dwells inside of us. When he died on the cross he left the gift of the Holy Spirit to Humanity, the great councillor within. By considering our choices in life by consulting the Holy Spirit that dwells in our hearts we can make the right choices and follow the will of God. When we have the Kingdom of Heaven in our hearts then indeed the Kingdom of Heaven will be on earth. We can find the Kingdom of Heaven within by being still and one with God. Take time every day to listen to what God is speaking to us through our hearts and the Holy Spirit. Yes we should ask and it will be given. Yes if we seek we will find and the door will be opened. Meditation is as valuable in our daily lives as Prayer.

Hymn singing is a valuable form of meditation. The patterns of breathing that it brings allow us to open our heart and mind to the Holy Spirit. We also need to take it further every day and have one on one with the divine councillor through private meditation. This is how we learn to think with our heart and feel with our mind. We can’t truly bring the Kingdom of Heaven to earth without first immersing our body, heart and soul in the Holy Spirit. Now is the time, more than ever before, that we can walk the walk and talk the talk.

Perhaps the veil is being lifted

take a look at this:
Quote:
In December 1945 an Arab peasant made an astonishing archeological discovery
in Upper Egypt. Rumors obscured the circumstances of this find--perhaps
because the discovery was accidental, and its sale on the black market illegal. For
years even the identity of the discoverer remained unknown. One rumor held that
he was a blood avenger; another, that he had made the find near the town of Naj
'Hammádì at the Jabal al-Tárif, a mountain honeycombed with more than 150
caves. Originally natural, some of these caves were cut and painted and used as
grave sites as early as the sixth dynasty, some 4,300 years ago.

http://www.religionandpluralism.org/...ustoChrist.pdf
From my heart to yours

Andrew
Initiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Nag Hammadi

Truly inspired insight. Thanks for sharing.
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Thankyou sunflower.

This morning I received the following via email from a random source. i.e. it could have been junk mail.

La sabiduría de la Cabalá no tiene nada que ver con la religión. La Cabalá no es una religión.

La Cabalá es una ciencia que trata sobre el reino escondido a nuestros cinco sentidos. Sólo opera con las nociones espirituales, con cosas que pasan más allá de nuestra percepción, en el Mundo Superior.

La Cabalá trata la pregunta sobre el propósito de la vida. Hombres muy jóvenes se hacen esta pregunta, pero luego la olvidan por el resto de sus vidas.

La respuesta sólo puede encontrarse en una fuente - la Sabiduría de la Cabalá - que sólo estuvo disponible a algunos escogidos a lo largo de los siglos. Las generaciones fueron y vinieron pero sólo los representantes de las últimas generaciones pueden recibir la contestación a la pregunta más importante.

La ciencia de la Cabalá no habla acerca de nuestro mundo, y por lo tanto, su esencia escapa al entendimiento de la gente. Es imposible comprender lo invisible, lo imperceptible y todo aquello que no se ha experimentado.

Esta sabiduría es una secuencia de raíces, las cuales penden por la causa y efecto en reglas fijas y determinadas, entrelazándose en un único y elevado fin que se describe como "la revelación de Su Divinidad a Sus criaturas en este mundo".

Existe una fuerza superior o Creador, desde ésta hay fuerzas gobernantes que bajan a nuestro mundo. No tenemos conocimiento de la cantidad de fuerzas que hay, pero de hecho, esto no tiene importancia. Nosotros existimos en este nuestro mundo. Somos creados por cierta fuerza superior a la que llamamos "el Creador". Estamos familiarizados con las diversas fuerzas en nuestro mundo, tales como la gravedad, el electromagnetismo y el poder del pensamiento. Sin embargo, tenemos fuerzas de mayor magnitud que actúan, aunque permanezcan ocultas de nosotros.
A la fuerza suprema, absoluta, la llamamos "el Creador". El Creador es la suma de todas las fuerzas en este mundo y el nivel más elevado en la línea de las fuerzas gobernantes.

La ciencia de la Cabalá no estudia nuestro mundo ni a los seres vivos en él, como lo hacen las ciencias tradicionales. La Cabalá investiga todo lo que existe arriba del Majsom(barrera).

La ciencia de la Cabalá es única en el sentido de que habla sobre tú y yo, sobre todos nosotros. No trata de nada abstracto, únicamente nos ensea la forma en que fuimos creados y cómo funcionamos en niveles más elevados de existencia.

El individuo no podrá abandonar este mundo hasta que revele totalmente esta fuerza, hasta que conozca todos los mundos por los que tiene que ascender, obedeciendo las mismas leyes de las fuerzas descendentes, y hasta que logre llegar al mundo del Infinito. Qué quiere decir "no podrá abandonar"? La persona va a renacer continuamente en nuestro mundo, evolucionando de una vida a otra hasta que logre el estado en el que surja el deseo por alcanzar la fuerza superior.

La ciencia de la Cabalá nos dice que sólo hay una razón de todo el dolor, para que nos preguntemos cuál es su significado. Podemos utilizar estas interrogantes para elevarnos de nuestro nivel de existencia terrenal, donde se encuentran escondidas las causas, hasta un nivel de existencia superior, donde la razón del sufrimiento es revelada.

La ciencia de la Cabalá nos otorga la oportunidad de descubrir que existe una fuente de vida: la Luz Superior, el Creador, y lograr la adhesión con esta fuente. Tales preguntas acerca del origen del dolor, el propósito del sufrimiento y el sentido de la vida conducen a una persona a la Cabalá.

ESTA FUERA DE LA COMPRENSIÓN HUMANA ENTENDER LA ESENCIA DE CUALIDADES ESPIRITUALES COMO EL ALTRUISMO Y EL AMOR TOTAL. ESTO ES ASI POR LA SENCILLA RAZÓN QUE LOS SERES HUMANOS NO PUEDEN DISCERNIR CÓMO ES QUE EXISTEN TALES SENTIMIENTOS. PARECIERA QUE CADA UNO NECESITA UN INCENTIVO PARA REALIZAR CUALQUIER ACTO; SIN ALGUNA FORMA DE BENEFICIO PERSONAL, LA GENTE NO ESTÁ PREPARADA PARA HACER UN GRAN ESFUERZO. POR ESO ES QUE UNA CUALIDAD COMO EL ALTRUISMO PUEDE SER SOLAMENTE IMPARTIDA A NOSOTROS DESDE LO ALTO, Y SÓLO AQUELLOS QUE LA HAN EXPERIMENTADO LA PUEDEN ENTENDER.

I passed it through bable fish as I can't read Spanish. but it is in this language. here is the result:

The wisdom of the Cabalá does not have anything to do with the religion. The Cabalá is not a religion. The Cabalá is a science that tries on the kingdom hidden to our five senses. It only operates with the spiritual slight knowledge, with things that happen beyond our perception, in the World Superior. The Cabalá deals with the question on the intention the life. Very young men become this question, but they forget soon it by the rest its lives. The answer only can be in a source - the Wisdom of the Cabalá - that was only available to some selected throughout the centuries. The generations were and came but only the representatives of the last generations can receive the answer to the most important question. The science of the Cabalá does not speak about our world, and therefore, its essence escapes to the understanding of people. It is impossible to include the hair net, imperceptible and the everything what it has not been experienced. This wisdom is a sequence by roots, which hang by the cause and effect in fixed and determined rules, interlacing itself in a unique one and elevated aim that is described like " the revelation of Its Divinity to Its creatures in this mundo". A superior force exists or Creator, from this one are governing forces that lower to our world. We do not have knowledge of the amount of forces that there are, but in fact, this does not have importance. We existed in this our world. We are created by certain superior force to which we called " the Creador". We are familiarized with the diverse forces in our world, such as the gravity, the electromagnetism and the power of the thought. Nevertheless, we have forces of greater magnitude than they act, although they remain hidden of us. To the supreme force, absolute, we called " the Creador". The Creator is the sum of all the forces in this world and the elevated level more in the line of the governing forces. The science of the Cabalá does not study our world nor to the alive beings in him, since they make sciences traditional. The Cabalá investigates everything what exists above of the Majsom (barrier). The science of the Cabalá is unique in the sense that you and I speak on, on all we. It does not treat abstract, us don't mention it solely ensea the form in which we were created and how we worked in higher levels of existence. The individual will not be able to leave this world until it reveals totally this force, until it knows all the worlds by which it must ascend, obeying the same laws of the descendent forces, and until manages to arrive at the world of the Infinite. What means " will not be able abandonar"? The person is going to appear again continuously in our world, evolving from a life to another one until she obtains the state in which desire arises to reach the superior force. The science of the Cabalá says to us that only there is a reason of all the pain, so that we ask ourselves which is its meaning. We can use these questions to rise of our level of earthly existence, where they are hidden the causes, until an existence level superior, where the reason of the suffering is revealed. The science of the Cabalá grants the opportunity to us to discover that a life source exists: the Light Superior, the Creator, and to obtain the adhesion with this source. Such questions about the origin of the pain, the intention of the suffering and the sense of the life lead to a person to the Cabalá. THIS OUTSIDE THE HUMAN UNDERSTANDING TO UNDERSTAND THE ESSENCE OF SPIRITUAL QUALITIES LIKE THE ALTRUISM AND THE TOTAL LOVE. THIS IS THUS FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT THE HUMAN BEINGS CANNOT DISCERN HOW HE IS THAT SUCH FEELINGS EXIST. IT WOULD SEEM THAT EACH NEEDS AN INCENTIVE TO REALISE ANY ACT; WITHOUT SOME FORM OF PERSONAL BENEFIT, PEOPLE ARE NOT PREPARED TO DELIVER A GREAT ATTACK. FOR THAT REASON IT IS THAT A QUALITY LIKE THE ALTRUISM ONLY CAN BE DISTRIBUTED FROM THE STOP, AND ONLY THOSE THAT HAVE EXPERIENCED IT CAN UNDERSTAND.

This relates to the topic so I find this truely amazing. Off to researth the "The science of the Cabalá"

Con amor y gratitud su iniciado del amigo
Old 02-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Here we go. happy learning:

Kabbalah: A Basic Overview

Lesson 1 of 5

http://video.google.com/googleplayer...&hl=en&fs=true

What is in this lesson?
  • 3 reasons why Kabbalah is called “the hidden science.”
    1. Purposeful concealment of the science by Kabbalists themselves.
    2. Kabbalists wrote all their texts in a special language: “the language of branches.”
    3. Kabbalah studies what is hidden from our inborn perception.
  • The 11 most popular misrepresentations of Kabbalah, and why Kabbalah is not any of these:
    • Jewish Mysticism
    • Religion
    • Mysticism
    • Magic
    • That you have to be Jewish to study Kabbalah
    • That you have to had mastered preliminary wisdom before studying Kabbalah
    • Holy water
    • Amulets
    • Red strings
    • A means for protection
    • The same as Eastern teachings
  • The only requirement for studying Kabbalah is a sincere desire to discover the meaning of life.
  • Kabbalah studies how our life and our world has been created, and how to achieve connection with our life’s source, the totality of reality.
Note: When you finish this entire "Your First Course in Kabbalah" series, you can continue these video lessons at Kabbalah TV, by going to the category on the right side of the page titled "Kabbalah Revealed - Full" - and starting from #6, "The Screen."

http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/lear...se-in-kabbalah

Last edited by Initiate; 02-01-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:22 AM   #5
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

I just read the Apocrypha of John. Some gnostic teaching blend in very well with some buddhist teachings.
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:10 AM   #6
Greetings
Avalon Senior Member

Excellent reading. From my knowledge, and from the knowledge that i continue to attain, I have the greater feeling that our history has been taught falsely in "mainstream" ideas to us all.

We are waking up.
Greetings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:28 PM   #7
ojibway
Avalon Senior Member

Conflicting stories from the gods, the good god and the bad god. Or is it the other way around?
ojibway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:34 PM   #8
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojibway View Post
Conflicting stories from the gods, the good god and the bad god. Or is it the other way around?
I don't see a conflict do you? Perhaps you might like to elaborate?
Old 02-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #9
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greetings View Post
Excellent reading. From my knowledge, and from the knowledge that i continue to attain, I have the greater feeling that our history has been taught falsely in "mainstream" ideas to us all.

We are waking up.
I agree.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #10
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
I just read the Apocrypha of John. Some gnostic teaching blend in very well with some buddhist teachings.
Do you have any thoughts to share on "the Apocrypha of John"?
Old 02-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #11
ojibway
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiate View Post
I don't see a conflict do you? Perhaps you might like to elaborate?
If you read the book of truth you will see that the god in this book tells us that the god in the bible is not the god you think he is. He also tells us that what Moses has told us is not what actually took place in reality. The book of truth is told from the perspective of the serpent. So, the question is who is telling the truth, who is the good god and who is the bad god?
Old 02-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #12
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

After investigating various resonating ideas from various spiritual pathways and applying decrement to each. I can safely say that there are many similarities between the various pathways. There are also many dead ends.

The very first thing on ones pathway should be to learn the tools to connect to the creator. Many pathways have the connection to the creator as their end goal. Many religions become more about the ceremony and merchandising than about this "number one" goal. They are so quick to claim they have the one and only way to enlightenment. Wars are fought over the differences in dogma. At the heart of the religion the message of the Prophets (or the truth bringers) of each religion are fundamentally the same. We have some Christians going out on the Crusades to enlighten the world. We have some Muslims claiming there way is the only way and no other way is the truth. We have some Jewish claiming that the Christian deity is a false prophet and that their Messiah is still to come. The list goes on and on. The point is at the heart of these religions the core message is the same or we just let go of the dogma and looked inside. We are all equal in the eyes of God. Once we have that personal one on one relationship with God then we are entitled to discuss our differences with real discernment. This process doesn’t require performing certain rituals or reading certain books etc. All it requires is You and the Creator and for you to take time to let go of your ego and take time to be still and listen for the answers to your questions that you have about choices you need to make in every step you take through every breath you take. Indeed heaven would come to earth if this was to happen. Imagine it. 
Old 02-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #13
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
If you read the book of truth you will see that the god in this book tells us that the god in the bible is not the god you think he is. He also tells us that what Moses has told us is not what actually took place in reality. The book of truth is told from the perspective of the serpent. So, the question is who is telling the truth, who is the good god and who is the bad god?
Dropping all reference to external sources, take time to stop and listen to what your heart is saying. I want to know what "You" personally think? My heart tells me that good and bad are concepts relative to our own ego. What may be bad for us may be good for another. It is a judgement we place on creation. Take the tsunami that occurred in Indonesia a few years back. 400,000 people died. For those 400,000 people and their families it was very bad. For the construction companies that had to rebuild the hotels business was booming. Should they feel bad because their gain was another’s loss? Or should we just take it that this is the path that is put before us and part of creation. Those who died suffered yes but life is about balance and their soul journeys on while their form withers on this plane. I am sure most of us alive today have suffered such loss through our soul journey.

If you take the situation of one person murdering another, the murderer will ultimately pay a karmic price through perhaps many lives of hardship and the murdered will perhaps have a life of abundance at some stage in its soul’s journey. My heart tells me this is the way the universe balances itself. In the moment these things seem bad but in the Now it is all part of the plan. The ultimate goal is to experience all aspects of creation until at some point we can look in the mirror and see ourselves resembling the creator and eventually become a creator.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:29 PM   #14
ojibway
Avalon Senior Member

I think that the largest question we have is "who" is god. Is it the god in the bible, the torah, the quran? Are these gods the same god or different gods. From the perspective of those who practice these religions the gods are different. I do not practice a religion, and I see these gods as the same god. And I believe he is malicious because he has pitted human against human. We do not have any supporting evidence that the serpent, the devil, wants or needs to be worshipped as a god, other than the proclamations that are in the bible which state that he will rise to the most high. But I see these statements as being proclaimed "too" the god in the bible and not too the people. Ritualistic animal sacrifice, and in some cases even human sacrifice is a known occurence in the above religions. Blood rituals are something that we relate to the black arts and the worship of the devil. I think we do this misguidedly, the Jewish people today are waiting for the day to rebuild their temple and reinstitute their animalistic sacrfices once again.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #15
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I think that the largest question we have is "who" is god. Is it the god in the bible, the torah, the quran? Are these gods the same god or different gods. From the perspective of those who practice these religions the gods are different. I do not practice a religion, and I see these gods as the same god. And I believe he is malicious because he has pitted human against human. We do not have any supporting evidence that the serpent, the devil, wants or needs to be worshipped as a god, other than the proclamations that are in the bible which state that he will rise to the most high. But I see these statements as being proclaimed "too" the god in the bible and not too the people. Ritualistic animal sacrifice, and in some cases even human sacrifice is a known occurence in the above religions. Blood rituals are something that we relate to the black arts and the worship of the devil. I think we do this misguidedly, the Jewish people today are waiting for the day to rebuild their temple and reinstitute their animalistic sacrfices once again.
I agree on the most part. I don't agree that God has pited us against each other. It is through our free will to make our own choices on the path we follow and those choices we have made to date that have pitted us against each other. The weight of our choices is what keeps us anchored to the earth. This is what has caused our loss of memory from one life to the next. Once we make a choice to know God for ourselves and to seek him out then we will find him/her. There is no one else that can do it for us. What matters is our personal relationship with God. The rest is an illusion until we do so.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #16
ojibway
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Dropping all reference to external sources
This is difficult concept, or perhaps an "impossible" concept is a more appropiate word. It is external sources that has formed our train of thought, it has become our foundation. And as you say what is good for some people is the result of bad that has happened to another. What we perceive as good and evil is a result of our foundation, but I do believe you are right and that this is our ego. Whether or not the ego manifests as benevolent or malevolent is a result of external sources. Alot of people say that they are filled with light and love, but is this just not the ego, manifested differently, but is it not still just the ego. I do not think we can escape the ego, it is always with us.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #17
ojibway
Avalon Senior Member

I do not think that the real creator of the universe has pitted us against each other. I believe that this entity has no need to interfere with nature. But I do believe that the god in the religions that I stated is "not" this entity. In other words these god(s) have indeed pitted us against each other, as dictated by following these faiths. That is very evident when the claims are made that come judgement day if you are not following these faiths you will be condemned by their god. If we kind of take this in a literary sense, there will not be anyone left standing.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #18
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I do not think that the real creator of the universe has pitted us against each other. I believe that this entity has no need to interfere with nature. But I do believe that the god in the religions that I stated is "not" this entity. In other words these god(s) have indeed pitted us against each other, as dictated by following these faiths. That is very evident when the claims are made that come judgement day if you are not following these faiths you will be condemned by their god. If we kind of take this in a literary sense, there will not be anyone left standing.
Indeed we will be judged by the standards in which we live our lives. If that is a religion that reinforces Sin and Righteousness then so be it. If we believe in self determination and non judgement of others then we will only have our personal karma to be weighed on. If we lead a life honouring the heart virtues such as James teaches from the wing makers or Jesus taught from the heart then we will be free of judgement. This judgement includes judgement of our selves. If we make mistakes it is part of our soul journey. Our soul will understand the judgement placed upon it and accept it. This isn't easy and requires personal work. Either way there will be a place for us after Judgement Day. If it is "Hell" it will be our own judgement reflected back on us under our own personal illusion. People have indeed visited their own personal Hell already as part of their correcting process and come out the other side. I guess if we don't get to go through this correction process before the Nexus then we will be stuck incarnating until the next ascension cycle which could potentially seem like Hell. At the end of it all life is what we make of it. A smile goes a long way.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #19
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
This is difficult concept, or perhaps an "impossible" concept is a more appropiate word. It is external sources that has formed our train of thought, it has become our foundation. And as you say what is good for some people is the result of bad that has happened to another. What we perceive as good and evil is a result of our foundation, but I do believe you are right and that this is our ego. Whether or not the ego manifests as benevolent or malevolent is a result of external sources. Alot of people say that they are filled with light and love, but is this just not the ego, manifested differently, but is it not still just the ego. I do not think we can escape the ego, it is always with us.
You answered the question with your own reflection and It rings true. I agree that filling oneself with love and light and then using this to distinquish oneself from those that arn't filled with love and light is creating a distinction or a seperation from the rest of creation. We are creating a judgement that we cannot validate as we are not that which we are judging. Through respecting each individuals relationship (or lack of) with the creator as their own responsibility and not our own and the level of light shining inside us as a relationship to the degree of closeness or seperation we have with the creator then we do indeed see that we are all one in our individuality and that is what it is all about.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:24 AM   #20
ojibway
Avalon Senior Member

You mentioned "Hell", the book of truth tells us that Jesus went down to hades and performed good works, miracles if you will. To the best of my knowledge Jesus did these deeds on earth. Healed the lame, gave sight to the blind, gave voice to the dumb, gave noise to the deaf, all on earth. Earth is Hades, according to the serpent. I wonder what paradise is.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:25 AM   #21
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Like people, gods are units of consciousness, and I have yet to meet a unit of consciousness that was not, like people, both some good and some bad, it is not an either/or proposition. Never yet met a higher unit of consciousness that was 100% operating from an "All-that-is" viewpoint. Although some "lesser gods", like people are stuck in either the negative end of a polarity or a positive end of a polarity. And they take turns switching their polarities too, lol! Just like people do
Old 02-04-2010, 07:38 AM   #22
ojibway
Avalon Senior Member

The more I research, the more I begin to see that we are being played by the good cop/bad cop scenario. Who we perceive to be the good cop is suppressing everything that the bad cop has to say. Proof of that lies in the confiscation of the written word of indigenous peoples when these peoples are conquered. The knowledge contained in the Nag Hammadi library was important enough that someone buried it, for a later generation to discover. So that we would see the other side of the coin, the story from the bad cop. If any of the information contained in these books makes a person question their faith in their good cop then we have a good beginning. This may set them on the path of gnosis(knowledge). Yes, they will not like what they find, but it will be the truth as they perceive it and not a "truth" that someone has "told" them how to perceive. They will have exercised freewill, and truly joined a different human race.

Last edited by ojibway; 02-04-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #23
ojibway
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
You answered the question with your own reflection and It rings true.
The most difficult thing I have in accepting that the light of love within us is the answer is that it just does not feel right to be "the" answer. There is something going on with this planet, and it is at a planetary scale. Because of this intuition, this guiding, I cannot stop at having empathy for my fellow humans. It is going too take more than this to correct was has and is transpiring. This is indeed my reflection, but I am following my destiny. This is something that I can say for the first time, my destiny, not the destiny that society wants me to follow, my destiny. I am not at all certain what this destiny is, nor what it will entail, but as my gnosis increases so does my understanding. It is quite invigorating and at the same time despairing. I am not liking what I am finding out, but at the same time I...wonder.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #24
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

As I have begun to study the wisdom of kabbalah, more and more this wisdom seems to be that same wisdom inherent in the message that Jesus and his disciples attempted to deliver 2000 years ago. So much so that I searched for a link between them. I believe Jesus came to show us a true way to relate to the creator. Religion at the time sought to oppress and control. Religion at the time sought to get us to bribe the creator by doing certain things externally to "make things right". Kabbalah teaches that the Light from source is a constant. It shines equally on people who are like the creator and people who are not like the creator in their attributes. The quality of bestowal from the Creator is a constant never ending force on intention. If we want to change our relationship with the creator it is we who need to change our attitude and not the creator who changes it's attitude towards us.

http://www.articlealley.com/article_30837_51.html

What kind of religious philosophy were Jesus and his disciples studying from 29 CE � 33 CE? They couldn't have been studying Christianity because The New Testament wasn't completed until 325 CE (almost 300 years after the crucifixion). They surely weren't studying Buddhism or Hinduism, so this leaves just one possibility � they must have been studying the timeless, ancient wisdom of Jewish mysticism known as Kabbalah (which was very popular in Israel during this time).

Jesus veiled many Kabbalistic truths when he spoke to the masses (Matthew 13:34). "All these things Jesus spoke unto the multitudes in parables; and without a parable he spake not unto them" (KJV). Especially, when Jesus referred to the innermost power of the soul, he spoke in metaphors. An example of such a metaphor, is when Jesus refers to the "God-within" or illuminated soul: "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you..." (Luke 17:20-21, KJV).

He also refers to "The Father in secret": "...pray to thy Father which is in secret..." (Matthew 6:18, KJV). This is another Kabbalistic reference to the eternal spark known as "neshamah" or the God-like quality of each individual soul.

When Jesus refers to himself as the "Son of Man" (Mark 10:45, KJV), he is using a Kabbalistic phrase that was also used by Ezekiel and Daniel in The Jewish Bible, "Son of man, speak to the children of thy people" (Ezek. 33:2, JPS), "there came with the clouds of heaven one like unto a son of man" (Dan. 7:13, JPS). In Kabbalah, the term "Son of Man" describes the soul's downward refection of the original man "created" on the sixth day (Gen. 1:27, JPS). This original man is known in Kabbalah as "The Adam Kadmon" (the first and last Adam).

Paul refers to Jesus as the "the last Adam": 1 Corinthians 15:45, "The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit" (KJV). This title of A-dam Kad-mon is defined as, "the one and only (or only begotten) 'Over Soul' of all humanity." According to Kabbalah,, the first Adam breaks apart (or is crucified) into trillions of "little souls". Each descending soul becomes a "Son of Man" that is striving to reach spiritual perfection. When these trillions of souls have achieved "messianic consciousness", they will reunite to form "the last Adam". This "resurrection" of the last Adam Kadmon will come at "the end of times", or the end of the physical Universe (that gave its life for the sake of all mankind; Einstein's Big Crunch). At this final stage in matter, all souls will experience an "ascension" back to pure Spirit, or the One Divine Source.

When examining the sayings of Jesus, it becomes apparent that he was familiar with the ancient wisdom teachings of Kabbalah and the messianic power of each individual soul. His intended message came straight from the heart of Kabbalistic philosophy: "the soul enters into this Universe by immaculate conception (as spirit falls into matter), and then exits when the Universe comes to an end (as matter ascends back into spirit)."

###

This article is free for republishing
Source: http://www.articlealley.com/article_30837_51.html
Old 02-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #25
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
[snipped] If we want to change our relationship with the creator it is we who need to change our attitude and not the creator who changes it's attitude towards us.

http://www.articlealley.com/article_30837_51.html

What kind of religious philosophy were Jesus and his disciples studying from 29 CE � 33 CE? They couldn't have been studying Christianity because The New Testament wasn't completed until 325 CE (almost 300 years after the crucifixion). They surely weren't studying Buddhism or Hinduism, so this leaves just one possibility � they must have been studying the timeless, ancient wisdom of Jewish mysticism known as Kabbalah (which was very popular in Israel during this time).

[snipped]
This article is free for republishing
Source: http://www.articlealley.com/article_30837_51.html
Thank you for that data. I honestly never thought about it before. Largely because I see much of Buddha's earlier teachings in Jesus' teachings. Not all, but much. The ability for people to travel was not as limited as one might imagine.

Jesus certainly did manage to plow Rome under, over time.

Is it not true that the Vedas are the oldest spiritual guidance texts commonly known?

Are there any earlier discovered spiritual texts?