Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Is Anyone earning a decent living online?

I'm getting ready to leave Los Angeles and may be on the road for awhile before I find a stable living situation and am looking for advise from people who have managed to learn the trick to making a living online. The job market is so unstable that it seems like the smartest thing to do is find a legitimate way to make money online. As long as I have a good computer I can take my work with me and not have to worry about being tied down anywhere at this time and can be foot loose and fancy free until the right situation manifests.

I'm not interested in Ebay, and there are so many people out there that say they're making ridiculous amounts of money doing nothing for it...it's hard to figure out how to make a legitimate living and what programs will work given a reasonable amount of time and effort working each day. It seems like you can waste a lot of money too, call me old fashioned but my understanding is you shouldn't have to pay to earn a living. There are so many scams and everyone says they have the best program, it's hard to believe any of them so I'm hoping some one here can give me some good advice or leads.

If you have any ideas I'm all ears! I'm one of the hardest working people around and deserve to make a good stable living for myself, instead of doing it for everyone else. I sold $200,000 in TV's in the last 6 months and have seen very little in return for that...they even lowered our pay two months ago!!

Any good ideas on making a living independently is more than

I am also seeking to build a self-sustained, off the grid lifestyle in the mountains and that will be much easier to accomplish if I'm not broke so I can count on myself, instead of having to rely on others or live on their property. Would like to build a place for others to come to, where they won't find a little Hitler running the show
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #2
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Is Anyone earning a decent living online?

My friend from Jr. High school is a private investigator and also runs a stock trading suggestion site . He's been successful at both and makes his living online . If you want to check out his stock site go to www.trading123.net . Just re,member if your going to trade , stay self disciplined and limited.
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #3
Kre8ive Lady
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, I work online. Keep in mind that this means owning and running your own business. Like with any other business, it is best if you go with something you know a lot about and have experience with, rather than going with someone else’s “plan”. Go with what you know, and what you are good at.

Also, when it comes to working online, you need a good business plan, plus knowledge of building and maintaining a site. You also need knowledge of search engines and how they work. You need a thorough understanding of keywords.

The main reason SO many people fail online is they assume that if you build a web site people will automatically go to that site. “If you build it, they will come”. Not true! It all comes down to search results and traffic. And, it’s not enough to have a lot of traffic, that traffic needs to be geared to what you have to offer. In other words, if you sell pillow cases, you do not want a lot of people looking for fishing gear visiting your site.

When looking for a hosting company, there are a lot of things to take into consideration; how much band width does it include? If you are not familiar with building a site and you want to build it yourself, do they offer site building software? How easy is it to use? Are you charged extra every time you need to make changes or update your site? Does it include business email? If so, how many? Etc., etc., etc.

You need a good product or service. That product or service needs to be marketed properly ie “it’s all in the packaging“. The web site design is important. You need to look at the color scheme. The site needs to be easy to navigate. Also, take into consideration whether or not you will be running an ad campaign and how much you can afford to run that campaign, and look carefully at your return for that investment ROI.

Look at your site from the perspective of the market you are targeting. The more you can gear your site and what you have to offer towards your target market, the more successful you will be.

Running a successful online business takes knowledge, practice and money. From reading your posts, I can see that you are intelligent and have a good head on your shoulders. I’m sure you could be quite successful. Just keep in mind that it does take time to build a successful site and a successful business. It does not happen over night.

Wishing you all the best!
Kre8ive Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

no
Leunamros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
internet job, online employment, self employed, work at home