Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 04-25-2009, 02:44 AM   #1
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Default Shhhh......

The artist is portraying the sadness and irony in the fact that this mindset is what the majority of people believe. It is a satirical piece meant to show the absurdity of this reality, and not meant to "spread hate" or any such thing.

Last edited by Lorien; 04-25-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:38 AM   #2
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Shhhh......

thats fkd up
and one million percent unproductive.

might as well find one for every country whos ever blown anyone up.

quit hating
and spreading hate.
wtf man?

cr@p
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:27 AM   #3
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Wasn't meant to spread hate. The artist was portraying the sadness and irony in the fact that that mindset is what the majority of people believe. I thought that was obvious, though I guess I should have explained it more. It is a satirical piece meant to show the absurdity of this reality.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:12 AM   #4
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

What I want to know is why the pro-Israel folks feel the need to constantly put on a charade at universities to defend themselves? They must obviously know that the Israel government is full of **** so they always have to defend themselves.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:27 AM   #5
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion11 View Post
thats fkd up
and one million percent unproductive.

might as well find one for every country whos ever blown anyone up.

quit hating
and spreading hate.
wtf man?

cr@p
I feel the same way..very unproductive...if you feel the need to express the sadness of a situation...come up with a SOLUTION...one that is
productive.

Very soon the time will come when (God willing) we will not have to worry about borders or religion, murder hate and fear.
Sharing, caring and giving will be the popular pastime
Love of mankind
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:01 AM   #6
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Last edited by Zeddo; 04-25-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:16 AM   #7
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

This is yet another thread that does not belong on the Avalon Forum. It will be moved to off topic.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #8
Agape
Avalon Senior Member

The most we need peace..and to pursue knowledge..human beings are complicate enough to amuze themselves various ways.
But also can behave very stupid...so never know how ones words will be understood.

Not all yet live in a 'good word', there's still lots of poverty, untreated diseases and unhealed suffering, people in their 40th who don't know how to read and write,
there are NASA labs in one corner of the world and pygmies in another.

It's a complicate world with unresolved issues between our forefathers, whose origin we already forgot.

It's not easy to fight your prejudice and what about mine ..

When it's Quiet..we understand ourselves little More . So then after we meet each other again, there's more understanding..
Agape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #9
Agape
Avalon Senior Member

And the sadness is why..because you remember the darkness and sadness of destruction, the catastrophes again are typed to our biological memory.

But the destruction does not have to happen, the world can continue in peace as it does so that peeople can go and keep solving their own issues.

Don't put any energy to the 'apocalyptic scenario' , use your strenght to keep the world going fair way..

Agape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:54 PM   #10
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
What I want to know is why the pro-Israel folks feel the need to constantly put on a charade at universities to defend themselves? They must obviously know that the Israel government is full of **** so they always have to defend themselves.
Thank you for seeing this for what it is Humble.

I am well aware of the fact we have to solve all these issues and spread love and understanding, but we can't solve problems without first understanding what they are and why they are present.

The reality is that there are many groups, and in some cases entire nations that are taught to think a certain way, like Israeli Extremists. No matter what they do to people they see no wrong in it. Hell, even here in the U.S. we(not me) watch our soldiers on the TV killing innocent Iraqi's and say it's all in the interest of spreading freedom.

What's worse is that most often these extremists are driven by the idea that their religion tells them they have this right and should do these things, which is never the case. They are spoon fed the information in a way that doctrinates them into a life of hate and violence, when the truth of the matter is that the core message of all beliefs is unconditional and godlike love for everyone and every thing.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:28 PM   #11
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Seeing it for what is is....we here are all aware of the atrocities in this world...this forum was built for the purpose of overcoming such atrocities

So my question to you Lorien is....now that you've made us aware of what you feel ....what would your solution be? Do you have an idea how to overcome such sadness? Or is spreading the word of such sadness all you feel necessary?
Surly you must have an opinion on how to overcome something you feel so sure about...or should we just keep the chain going and keep name calling in the interest of bringing attention with no solution?

Last edited by BROOK; 04-26-2009 at 01:56 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #12
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

In other words...would it not be better to be part of the solution
Then part of the problem
Old 04-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #13
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:50 PM   #14
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post

I am well aware of the fact we have to solve all these issues and spread love and understanding, but we can't solve problems without first understanding what they are and why they are present.

The reality is that there are many groups, and in some cases entire nations that are taught to think a certain way, like Israeli Extremists. No matter what they do to people they see no wrong in it. Hell, even here in the U.S. we(not me) watch our soldiers on the TV killing innocent Iraqi's and say it's all in the interest of spreading freedom.

What's worse is that most often these extremists are driven by the idea that their religion tells them they have this right and should do these things, which is never the case. They are spoon fed the information in a way that doctrinates them into a life of hate and violence, when the truth of the matter is that the core message of all beliefs is unconditional and godlike love for everyone and every thing.

i agree.this cartoon is even more relevant this week. the fact that the u.s. and canada boycotted the conference in durban makes it more relvant.
ahmadajad's address SHOULD have been heard. it seems that if we don't hear it it can't be true. i am not antisemetic, but i am definitely anti zionist!

here's the text of his speech, which our leaders refused to listen to.
check it out. it contains truth, and nothing anti-semetic.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=92046
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:50 PM   #15
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

iiiit
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #16
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
iiiit
Old 04-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #17
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpaganfreak View Post
i agree.this cartoon is even more relevant this week. the fact that the u.s. and canada boycotted the conference in durban makes it more relvant.
ahmadajad's address SHOULD have been heard. it seems that if we don't hear it it can't be true. i am not antisemetic, but i am definitely anti zionist!

here's the text of his speech, which our leaders refused to listen to.
check it out. it contains truth, and nothing anti-semetic.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=92046
And your solution is....?
Old 04-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #18
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
And your solution is....?
my solution, is listen to what the man has to say.open a dialogue with iran. keep an open mind. understand the the route to peace is not through war. have our leaders refuse to support the upcoming israeli attack of iran.

we must understand that the greatest danger we face is to start more wars for oil. israel must not be allowed to attack iran and they MUST allow palestine to survive.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:04 PM   #19
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

btw....did you read ahmadinijad's speech?
Old 04-25-2009, 05:09 PM   #20
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
my solution, is listen to what the man has to say.open a dialogue with iran. keep an open mind. understand the the route to peace is not through war. have our leaders refuse to support the upcoming israeli attack of iran.

we must understand that the greatest danger we face is to start more wars for oil. israel must not be allowed to attack iran and they MUST allow palestine to survive.
Thank you...that is the direction we need...not just pictures of more hate...that is a solution...and one worth striving for....to simply post a hateful picture, and not provide a worthy solution..is pointless
I agree with everything you have just said
And yes...I am aware of the situation, and where it is heading... very sad indeed
Old 04-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #21
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
btw....did you read ahmadinijad's speech?
to the point
Old 04-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #22
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Political powers and agendas need to be DROPPED....Human rights need to be attended to....until that is addressed the situation will not be resolved.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #23
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post

i understand where you're coming from lorien ...

and no ... situations cannot be solved until there is some understanding thereof ...

and yet ... this world seems to be wedged into this place of the neverending task of understanding ... so much energy has been placed into understanding the beast ... the dark ... the problems ...

rather than ... the seeking of the beauty ... the light ... the solutions ...

we have been trying to understand the beast ... sometimes ad nauseam
... and how is this working for us ... we have wedged our minds into its darkness ... how can anything be seen in darkness ...

i believe it is time to turn on the light ... our light ... the light of this world ...

to be aware of what is ... but moreso ... we must begin to dissolve the stories ... the drama ... the illusion ... jump tracks ...

our ways of thinking ... writing ... speaking ... all our intentions ripple beyond our selves ... and into this world ... seldom do we realize the magnitude of our power ... if we did ... we would refrain from placing huge amounts of energy into thinking problems ... but rather ... feeling solutions ...

it doesn't take much ... to jump tracks ... it is a choice ... our choice ...

to remain within the stories and the drama of the beast ... or ...

jump to what can be ... what was meant to be ... how do we want our own lives and this world to look like ...

love is what switches us over ... intend it ... feel it ...

as if it is already done ...

the beast is gone ... beauty prevails ...

our thoughts ... words ... actions ... they ripple ... have great impact ... either way ...

we've tried one way ... mighty was our power as a society to fuel negativity ...

power is energy ... we can utilize it as we choose ... let's choose another way ... let's fuel the light this go round ... we have everything and then some assisting us now ...

let's jump tracks ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #24
no caste

The Middle East is a big cauldron of racism. On the one hand, everyone wants to exterminate the 'Other.' On the other, there's a lot of progress reversing the de-humanization, which occurs in collective racist head spaces.

Like Lorien, I don't think ignoring all the layers of facts is useful.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #25
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
Thank you...that is the direction we need...not just pictures of more hate...that is a solution...and one worth striving for....to simply post a hateful picture, and not provide a worthy solution..is pointless
I agree with everything you have just said
And yes...I am aware of the situation, and where it is heading... very sad indeed
The cartoon is not hate oriented at all, or in any way anti-semitic. The purpose of posting it was to show how absurd it is that there are even people in the world that have this way of thinking. I made the incorrect assumption that most would be able to gather this without having to explain it.

As far as solutions? Before the corrupt governments and leaders of the world are gone, I fear there isn't much we can do.

However we can try to help these misguided souls find there way by showing them the truth. If you know someone of the Zionist, Islamic Extremist, or any other fanatical religious or government group, try to help them on the way to true spiritual awakening instead. Solutions start with bringing about change in one person, who can then do the same with someone else, and so on and so on.

I also think that major spiritual leaders of various faiths need to man(or woman) up and come out in swarms and denounce all the hatred and "killing in the name of" that is going on. Again, I think this starts with an individual follower who teaches others and forces their leaders to do this.

We can already see things such as this happening on small scales in religion and with military soldiers refusing orders. The goal is to get these people to see with their heart that these things are wrong and only detrimental to our race as a whole.