Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 09-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #226
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: END POPULATION EXPLOSION (petition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyT View Post
If this is an example of "problems before the whites got there"...it's no comparision. Rwanda was an ethic battle within the country, basically a civil war.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1288230.stm?lss
"Between April and June 1994, an estimated 800,000 Rwandans were killed in the space of 100 days.

Most of the dead were Tutsis - and most of those who perpetrated the violence were Hutus.

Ethnic tension in Rwanda is nothing new. There have been always been disagreements between the majority Hutus and minority Tutsis, but the animosity between them has grown substantially since the colonial period.

1994: RWANDA'S GENOCIDE

The two ethnic groups are actually very similar - they speak the same language, inhabit the same areas and follow the same traditions. "
i hope you know that as a rule the Belgian 'rulers" treated Tutsi better than they treated Hutu ( apparently tutsi look more like "whites" because of the facial features). It created animosities between those two groups. it was probably something like "house" slaves vs slaves working on plantations...

and even if it was not the case.....don't you think that it was more appropriate to send troops there than to iraq or afghanistan? of course if they really wanted to help...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #227
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manticore View Post
hello burgundia,

actually, problems started happening when the land in the african continent was conquered. Natives in africa lived in peace and tribes were usually divided by rivers. After the new lines of demarcation were established by the "conquerors" everything changed and africa today is mostly looked upon as a source minerals and other resources.

Cheers,

mel
exactly!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 12:47 AM   #228
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
If this is an example of "problems before the whites got there"...it's no comparision. Rwanda was an ethic battle within the country, basically a civil war.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1288230.stm?lss
"Between April and June 1994, an estimated 800,000 Rwandans were killed in the space of 100 days.

Most of the dead were Tutsis - and most of those who perpetrated the violence were Hutus.

Ethnic tension in Rwanda is nothing new. There have been always been disagreements between the majority Hutus and minority Tutsis, but the animosity between them has grown substantially since the colonial period.

1994: RWANDA'S GENOCIDE

The two ethnic groups are actually very similar - they speak the same language, inhabit the same areas and follow the same traditions. "
Africa is a continent which has always been misunderstood. When one hears the name Africa, disparity and struggle comes to mind. To many Africa is a continent filled with poverty, famine, disease, and underdevelopment. This may be true in present day circumstances, however before European colonization Africa was a nation far from the shackles of disparity and struggle. During the period of pre-colonization Africa was a nation thriving with rich cultures, including African philosophy and art, and a leading pioneer in the field of commerce. There are many diverse and distinct cultures in Africa. Each country has its own language, cultural identity, and unique history. For instance, the people of Tanzania whose native tongue is Swahili are culturally and historically different from the people of Somalia whose native tongue is Somali. African philosophy is an intriguing and insightful area, which disappointedly receives very few acknowledgements. Many do not know that there is an essence of knowledge and enlightenment in African philosophy. Plato, the famous philosopher is to have said that his “…alleged Theory of Ideas is borrowed from Egypt”

as for the Hutus and minority Tutsis:

Once, Hutus and Tutsis lived in harmony in Central Africa. About 600 years ago, Tutsis, a tall, warrior people, moved south from Ethiopia and invaded the homeland of the Hutus. Though much smaller in number, they conquered the Hutus, who agreed to raise crops for them in return for protection.
Even in the colonial era -- when Belgium ruled the area, after taking it from Germany in 1916 -- the two groups lived as one, speaking the same language, intermarrying, and obeying a nearly godlike Tutsi king.
Independence changed everything. The monarchy was dissolved and Belgian troops withdrawn -- a power vacuum both Tutsis and Hutus fought to fill. Two new countries emerged in 1962 -- Rwanda, dominated by the Hutus, and Burundi by the Tutsis -- and the ethnic fighting flared on and off in the following decades.

Last edited by BROOK; 09-25-2009 at 01:53 AM.
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:27 AM   #229
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Assuming you're talking about the US government, how soon do you think you are going to get Congress to change their mind on the military budget?

They can't even agree on health care....

Wishful thinking, but I'll be waiting... and waiting... and waiting..
I'm talking about humanity...and I stand on what I said from the beginning...

The real “population change” we need to focus on is not artificially reducing human numbers. Rather, it is about winning real democratic change, i.e. dramatically increasing the numbers of ordinary people who can participate in making decisions about investment in green industries, agriculture, global trade and military spending.
Population control narrowly looks only at the quantity of human beings to find a solution to climate change. Ultimately, its narrow vision makes it a divisive policy.

I have faith in mankind....that it has survived this far...it will continue to survive...and my glass is half full
I look for the evolution to continue to the next level and things will be much different...
More beauty...ho hatred....EVOLUTION on the next level will be awesome...I have FAITH

Last edited by BROOK; 09-25-2009 at 04:25 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #230
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Assuming you're talking about the US government, how soon do you think you are going to get Congress to change their mind on the military budget?

They can't even agree on health care....

Wishful thinking, but I'll be waiting... and waiting... and waiting..

Kathyt...I'm still waiting for my answer to the question for you on this thread..number 205.....waiting ...and waiting...and waiting
Old 10-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #231
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

And your point??? The bloodiest civil war ever was fought was in the US....by the "WHITES"
Old 10-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #232
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Whites had no right to go to Africa or asia , and make their own colonies there. now certain countries are rich because of ages of exploitation...but the exploitation in former colonies is still going on....
Old 10-04-2009, 06:07 PM   #233
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Where is RaKaR?...I would rather debate with sound intelligent information.

As for my question to Kathyt....still waiting
Old 10-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #234
Bobbie
Avalon Senior Member

Europeans had every right to go anywhere they wanted to. What they didn't have the right to do was exploit. Just for instance, in the case of the diamond industry. The diamonds had been there for who knows how long waiting for someone to dig them out. The locals had plenty of opportunity to do that and trade them on the world market, but they didn't. The Europeans seized the opportunity to get the diamonds out of the ground but where they fell short was not doing it in an honorable way - that by, involving the local population in the operations rather than making slaves of them. They worked with the greedy leaders of the host country to create this slave state. Not everyone has the capacity to be the president and some have only the capacity to hold down a lower paying job but they could have seen to it that the people were treated like humans and they could have elevated their lifestyles to a liveable wage. They could have educated them, they could have made them a inclusive part of the bounty, but they didn't, they exploited them.

Let's don't forget, that these host countries have enough greedy leaders of their own and they consistently keep their own people down in order to control them. Europeans are not the only ones who use these tactics. Remember, Europeans were not the ones who rounded up the slaves to be sold, their own people rounded them up and made money from them. It's a viscious cycle and until the greed is stamped out, this kind of thing is going to go on and there is no one race, country or creed that is void of it. JMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
Whites had no right to go to Africa or asia , and make their own colonies there. now certain countries are rich because of ages of exploitation...but the exploitation in former colonies is still going on....
Bobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #235
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, bobbie...i meant exploitation...they had the right to go wherever they pleased.... of course the exploitation goes on there with the help of the local authorities...but quite possible if they didn't comply , they would be replaced with others who would...
Why is Mugabe still in power? he lets other foreign countries exploit his own nation and its resources.

Last edited by burgundia; 10-04-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #236
TheObserver
Avalon Senior Member

Why not just leave the diamonds in the earth. Why does someone even have to use them.
TheObserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #237
Bobbie
Avalon Senior Member

I look at things on our planet as gifts and the object is to make good use of them....not abuse the use of them. If something can bring us joy with it's beauty without harm, then I accept the gift graciously and am very thankful for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
Why not just leave the diamonds in the earth. Why does someone even have to use them.

Last edited by Bobbie; 10-05-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:03 AM   #238
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

I like that view Bobbie...about time for that coffee?
Old 10-05-2009, 12:05 AM   #239
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
Yes, bobbie...i meant exploitation...they had the right to go wherever they pleased.... of course the exploitation goes on there with the help of the local authorities...but quite possible if they didn't comply , they would be replaced with others who would...
Why is Mugabe still in power? he lets other foreign countries exploit his own nation and its resources.
I'll tell ya why....Africa is the next big jewel to acquire...resources aboud
Old 10-05-2009, 12:59 AM   #240
Bobbie
Avalon Senior Member

Not to mention that is one of the most beautiful countries on this planet. I would love to visit there without fear of contracting something, getting eaten by something, or raped by something. Africa's positive future can be in the education of it's people.

I was watching 20/20 the other night - right now today in Tanzania they hunt down albino children and adults, either kill them or cut off their limbs and leave them bleeding because they have been told by some of their witchdoctors that the flesh, bones and hair of an albino, when mixed with their potions, can bring wealth and good luck. These poachers of human beings are paid about $1000.00 a leg. I wonder if these people knew how to make money another way if they would choose this profession or are they just plain evil. From my point of view, I think I could find a better way to make a living. Is that because I'm educated, and they kill people to make a living because they are not educated - or it just greed? Couldn't they find a better way to make a living? That's a judgment call and I'm not here to judge but the point is, somewhere along the line a person has to take responsibility for his actions, educated or not.

I hope David Wilcock is right and those who continue to vibrate 3rd dimensionally will cease to be - they will die out and those whose hearts and intentions are only for the betterment of mankind and have raised their vibrational consciousness will remain.....then, maybe I can visit Africa and enjoy her people and culture without the threat of losing life and/or limb.

Africa has been around as long or longer than all the other countries and they have had as much or more chance to evolve as the rest of us. I wonder why that hasn't happened on a larger scale. Could it be a DNA thing - I don't know? We need a strong soul reincarnation infultration of the population of Africa so they can turn themselves around. I wonder what kinds of barbaric souls inhabit the bodies of all those gorilla warriors who destroy villages and innocent lives. Africa is the next jewel of the planet and it's high time we rescue her from the course she has been on. I'll get down off my soapbox now.... N E X T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
Old 10-05-2009, 01:07 AM   #241
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

I cannot even conceive of such things But I would be very careful of what you hear on the big media new stations...or any thing that is run by Rupert Murdoch
Old 10-05-2009, 01:39 AM   #242
Bobbie
Avalon Senior Member

I hear you Brook but I think sometimes a cigar is a cigar and there was plenty of documentation. There is a school there that is opening up their doors and allowing albino children to be housed there to protect them from these poachers. There is an organization in Canada ( http://www.underthesamesun.com/home.php ) who is raising funds to allow the school to take in more of these kids. Apparently, there is a very high Albino rate in Tanzania. I think this is probably a true story. I don't think everything in the media is for our detriment. A good lie has to start with some real truths in order to be believeable. I think this is one of the truths.

Quote:
I cannot even conceive of such things But I would be very careful of what you hear on the big media new stations...or any thing that is run by Rupert Murdoch
Old 10-05-2009, 01:47 AM   #243
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Agreed, there is some merit..but you have to wonder anytime you listen to the views..and where they take them..and why the hell is no one doing anything about it???? Makes you mad huh?
Old 10-05-2009, 01:59 AM   #244
Bobbie
Avalon Senior Member

I do believe there is some deliberate neglect but I also believe that the abused are too many and the advocates too few. There's a lot of work to do to turn this planet around but it's a lot better in many, many, many respects than it ever has been, otherwise they wouldn't even been considering allowing us to enter a higher dimension. Attention has to be brought to these wrongs before they can be corrected - just like a virus will die when exposed to air and light. Exposure starts the process of allowing these things to die out.

Quote:
Agreed, there is some merit..but you have to wonder anytime you listen to the views..and where they take them..and why the hell is no one doing anything about it???? Makes you mad huh?
Old 10-05-2009, 02:52 AM   #245
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Bobbie...love the avitar

Yes...my glass is half full...I have faith

Last edited by BROOK; 10-05-2009 at 02:57 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:50 AM   #246
Bobbie
Avalon Senior Member

I thought you might like it because I think you are an artist at heart. That's my beautiful daughter in her self-applied make-up for Halloween last year. She minors in theatre at CSUN (which includes theatrical make-up)

Quote:
Bobbie...love the avitar

Yes...my glass is half full...I have faith

Old 10-05-2009, 03:59 AM   #247
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Your daughter is beautiful
Old 10-05-2009, 04:37 AM   #248
Bobbie
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Your daughter is beautiful
Old 10-05-2009, 05:53 AM   #249
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I believe it was obvious from my post ...
Old 10-06-2009, 08:58 AM   #250
RaKaR
Avalon Senior Member

Greetings,

Thank you all for your insights and (passionate:-)) argumentations and contributions in the discussion of this utterly delicate and rather sensitive issue.

I also appreciated the fact, that you - despite all - managed to stick to the topic. Most of the time...:-)

Brooks,
Thanks for 'the flowers', but i believe we all do our best here, out of deep conviction in the rationality of our respective stances, and that no one chooses 'evil' voluntarily: we do make mistakes of judgement, instead.

As to your question on my whereabouts, well i was out there taking care of other matters and, most recently, trying to draw attention to the following:

The Ritual Slaughter of Dolphins, which is being planned this November, in the Faroe Islands.

See here: Stop The Bloody Tradition Of The Faroe Islands

Briefly: "This petition has been created to target to the horrible bloody practice, which is still taking place in the heart of the European Union and which belongs to the middle ages but not to the modern society. Every November inhabitants of Faroe Islands* come to the sea to teach their sons to kill. The subject of this millennium tradition, aimed to make men out of boys, are confiding and very human-friendly dolphins - 1500 animal units every year. We feel confident, that such cruelty towards the fauna is absolutly unacceptable in the 21.th century in the face of the massive damages of the civilization"[...]

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/557550806

Do please also help stop this barbaric practice; support this petition.

Off i go again,

Namaste.
RaKaR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, awareness, choice, responsibility