Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
shybastid
Avalon Senior Member

Default My new census form came in the mail.

My new census form came in the mail. I don't like quite a few questions on it.
Am I being paranoid or UnAmerican? What will happen if I just say I'm a 54 year old white mail with a wife and 3 children,thats all you need to know.
Anyone know the legal ramifications if thats all I admit to?
Is'nt that all they really need/want to know?
shybastid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: My new census form came in the mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shybastid View Post
My new census form came in the mail. I don't like quite a few questions on it.
Am I being paranoid or UnAmerican? What will happen if I just say I'm a 54 year old white mail with a wife and 3 children,thats all you need to know.
Anyone know the legal ramifications if thats all I admit to?
Is'nt that all they really need/want to know?
I havent got mine yet, and I dont know the legal consequences are for not answering some of the questions...

I will answer the ones I feel are relevant, the rest I am going to "N/A" (not applicable) on so they don't fill them in for me...

and I don't care if it is not legal to not answer ALL the questions... 'cause I look at it this way...

if they are going to cart me off to the fema hotel for answering certain questions with the wrong answer... and they are going to cart me off to the fema hotel for not answering some of the questions... what is the difference?

why give them ammunition?

Last edited by xbusymom; 03-16-2010 at 12:46 AM.
xbusymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
shybastid
Avalon Senior Member

Thats what IM thinking...but....who's reading our recorded responses other then census people?
Old 03-16-2010, 12:18 AM   #4
NancyV
Avalon Senior Member

Here is some info I received regarding the new census. I don't yet know if I will bother protesting the census or answering incompletely, but the info is good to know.

Nancy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Census is Getting Personal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsDhkPym01k

The Census is Coming - Know Your Rights

Section 2 of the 14th amendment to our Constitution states:
"Representatives shall be apportioned among the several states according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each state, ..." It further states that such representation can be reduced in proportion to the number of "male inhabitants of such State, being twenty one years of age, ..." whose right to vote is in any way abridged.

That is the only Constitutional mandate regarding the Census. Since Article I, Section 8 does not state that "Congress shall have Power To ask about the number of toilets in the homes of American citizens and demand that they answer", and the 10th Amendment specifically states that any powers not delegated to the United States are reserved to the states and the people, any information that the Census asks beyond that required by the Constitution is an illegal invasion of privacy.

For the past four Censuses I have answered only how many persons reside in my home. This time I will add how many are males over the age of 20. I have received followup letters and visits from Census bureaucrats demanding that I answer their additional questions "under penalty of law" and I have ignored them. I have done the same thing with questionnaires directed to my business. To my knowledge, no one has ever been prosecuted or fined for refusing to answer the additional questions asked by the Census. I believe they know that they are on shaky legal ground. They use intimidation - don't let them get away with it.

From all appearances, the Census will be even more invasive and aggressive in 2010 than in the past. Here is a statement that I found that might be useful to have on hand if a Census worker insists you answer more than that required by our Constitution:

Declaration To Make To Census Takers:

"I hereby affirm that the provisions of Title 13 requiring me to disclose my race, personal financial data, birth date, or any other personal, private information to the Bureau of the Census, an agency of the United States government, constitutes an unreasonable, unwarranted search of my person, house, papers, and/or effects, and a governmental invasion of the sanctity of my home and the privacies of life. As such, these provisions violate the Fourth Amendment of the US Constitution, and are thus wholly void and I am not bound to obey them.

I have completed only those sections of the Census form pertaining to the Constitutionally-mandated actual enumeration, as follows:

1. The actual number of people living at the address printed on the form, excluding untaxed Native Americans;
2. The actual number of males living at the address printed on the form that are over the age of 20.

I have thus fulfilled my obligation to the attainment of the actual enumeration of the populace of the United States. Any fine or other sanction that is levied by any office or organization stemming from the unconstitutional provisions of Title 13 in connection with my response to this or any other Census-related questioning will be challenged in a court of law."
NancyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:48 AM   #5
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbusymom View Post
I havent got mine yet, and I dont know the legal consequences are for not answering some of the questions...

I will answer the ones I feel are relevant, the rest I am going to "N/A" (not applicable) on so they don't fill them in for me...

and I don't care if it is not legal to not answer ALL the questions... 'cause I look at it this way...

if they are going to cart me off to the fema hotel for answering certain questions with the wrong answer... and they are going to cart me off to the fema hotel for not answering some of the questions... what is the difference?

why give them ammunition?
oh, and I forgot...

I will turn in the census-- and then Move! (Bwaaa-hahaha) before they can carry me away-they will have to find me -
Old 03-16-2010, 01:46 AM   #6
shybastid
Avalon Senior Member

I have personal information about my family that I believe is unconstituntional to ask me about. I shall respond accordingly. Thanks for the input..
LOL No I'm not going to move.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:53 AM   #7
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

yes, thanks for the legal information (hehe- notice I did not say advice) . now we can throw their legalities back at them...

and I probably won't be able to afford to move either... haha... but just wait till my TAX REFUND comes in and see how fast I get me some land to set up a homestead on ...
Old 03-16-2010, 05:30 AM   #8
MargueriteBee
Avalon Senior Member

The only address the system has on me now is a PO box. No body lives there! I guess I can put n/a on all the boxes, heh?

If I receive one that says 'occupant' at the house I am tossing it.
MargueriteBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:48 AM   #9
shybastid
Avalon Senior Member

I'm having a late nite moment...........

Thanks Avalon/Camelot

I enjoy your company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w88r_ShLgIA
Old 03-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #10
conkroach
Avalon Senior Member

Notice something very interesting about the census envelope. The words United States have the little R symbol, indicating copyright or whatever. More evidence (as if it was needed) that the USA is a CORPORATION!!!
conkroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #11
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

The only address the system has on me now is a PO box. No body lives there! I guess I can put n/a on all the boxes, heh?

If I receive one that says 'occupant' at the house I am tossing it.

You are living below the radar!
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:24 PM   #12
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

Our census arrived yesterday and it asks the following 4 questions:

Name
Race

It allows you to fill it out for up to 12 people living in your residence. Same questions for everyone on the form. That's it.

is there more than one version?

5th
5thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:33 AM   #13
NancyV
Avalon Senior Member

I also received a census yesterday and the questions were:
How many people living in the residence?
any additional people living there temporarily?
rented or owned?
phone number.

and for each person:
Name
Sex
Race
Do you live anywhere else part time?

When I google myself on the Internet I see a LOT more info on me than would be revealed by answering these questions. Since I don't really care much about protesting this I decided to go ahead and answer the questions and mailed it back today. I like to be somewhat discriminating about any battles I engage in and this one is not of sufficient importance to me to expend any energy trying to fight against it.

Nancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thElement View Post

Name
Race

It allows you to fill it out for up to 12 people living in your residence. Same questions for everyone on the form. That's it.

5th
NancyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:12 AM   #14
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I haven't bothered looking at my form. I don't have time to fill out silly forms so they'll know which van to cart me off in if they come.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:34 PM   #15
Daft Ada
Avalon Senior Member

I have been hearing about this census you have going on out there. Coast to Coast were talking about it too, and quite frankly I am disgusted by some of the questions they are asking you people. I most certainly would not answer them if it was here. We haven't got the protection of the constitution over here, but my ten pence worth is that if you people don't stand up for yourselves they will dismantle your rights under the constitution one by one
Daft Ada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #16
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Ada View Post
I have been hearing about this census you have going on out there. Coast to Coast were talking about it too, and quite frankly I am disgusted by some of the questions they are asking you people. I most certainly would not answer them if it was here. We haven't got the protection of the constitution over here, but my ten pence worth is that if you people don't stand up for yourselves they will dismantle your rights under the constitution one by one
Daft, what are they saying the census asks? There was not a question on my form that I felt uncomfortable answering. I was expecting some sort of really invasive questions and what I saw was normal.

I don't understand how answering your name, age, gender and race is dismantling our rights. We already have to do that on employment forms when we are hired to meet EEOC guidelines, college applications, social security forms, public assistance forms, passports, and the list goes on & on....

5th
Old 03-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #17
shybastid
Avalon Senior Member

Actually................ My youngest child does not look Caucasion.
She's not...... LONG private story... I have NO Clue what to put down.
I'm the registered Dad on the Birth Certificate. I don't know If I'm being paranoid or if my saying shes white will come back and bite me in the butt for lieing.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #18
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

the only thing I have gotten so far... is a letter telling me that the census is coming...

like DUH!

I got mad that my tax dollars were wasted in double expenses for enevelopes, paper, ink, and postage to tell me *in a census year* that the form is coming...

a friend of mine already got her census, and she said that there were NOT any questions on it for guns, ssn #'s, etc... but she was disgusted that one of the questions asked for "any people in your home that you did not list on the previous question"...

like they expect us to lie, and then admit to lieing...
Old 03-19-2010, 05:58 PM   #19
Daft Ada
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Daft, what are they saying the census asks? There was not a question on my form that I felt uncomfortable answering. I was expecting some sort of really invasive questions and what I saw was normal.

I don't understand how answering your name, age, gender and race is dismantling our rights. We already have to do that on employment forms when we are hired to meet EEOC guidelines, college applications, social security forms, public assistance forms, passports, and the list goes on & on....

5th
hi 5th, well on the show they were saying that it asked how much you were paying on your mortgage and questions about your savings.
What time do you leave your house to go to work
Daft Ada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #20
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shybastid View Post
I don't know If I'm being paranoid or if my saying shes white will come back and bite me in the butt for lieing.
I would not worry about that... they probably want that info for extra funding for minority groups, etc...
Old 03-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #21
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Ada View Post
hi 5th, well on the show they were saying that it asked how much you were paying on your mortgage and questions about your savings.
What time do you leave your house to go to work
Unless there is more than one version of the form - that is not valid information. Also - they did not ask us if we owned firearms on our tax forms

5th
Old 03-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #22
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

boy, this thing reads almost like the tax codes with them trying to cover all their bases about who lives where and for what reason (category)...

it is addressed to "TO RESIDENT AT" followed by the address

and they are probably trying to get minority groups counted, etc.

here is the second page (for additional people)...

but nothing unusual... but I still am not going to provide my phone number, names, ages and birth dates of everyone (I will write whether the additional people are minors or adults tho)...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf census2010-2.pdf (456.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by xbusymom; 03-19-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #23
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

here is the other notice of confidentiality...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf census2010-4.pdf (172.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #24
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Name
Race

5th
Blessings 5th element.

Over a year ago I was sent an interim Census. None of my neighbors I am aware of received this census and yes it contained all kinds of crazy questions, like how much do I make, what is my profession and if I could find it now I would let you know about all the other questions, so I don't understand what the purpose of it was. I didn't send it in right away and a census taker was at my door for days trying to get me to fill it in.

The new census I received last week has the minimal questions????

Can't make sense of it.

Back in November 2009 is when the Census takers were driving around and recording your GPS location.

PaL

Last edited by peaceandlove; 03-20-2010 at 03:53 PM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:12 PM   #25
shybastid
Avalon Senior Member

Here's a video.. Evidently TWO different forms are going out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=matl8i9kc7w
I/We can only be fined $100.00 per lie. Total charges not exceed $5000.00