Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #26
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Just saw Avatar

I'm seeing this tomorrow i can't wait, saw the trailer back in the summer and thought it looked good then.
Apparently there has been a lot of hype on GLP forum there is a discussion relating to how this flick has a subliminal program installed.
It has been said all who have watched it are now picking up sub conscious thoughts from others and the same theme is running through all!
We all know there is a lot of programming going on in these films TV/games etc but i am wondering what they have installed in to this one other than planting the thought that government/military are being played out as the bad guys and a race of peaceful beings are being over run and their home planet taken over Hm! sounds about right then.
This will not stop me from seeing it the effects look stunning i will be watching it in 2D because i think perhaps the 3D will be a little to disorientating for me.
I would be interested if any one has picked up on this subliminal messaging and how it affected you.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:43 PM   #27
Pennelp
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
hey folks,

im native and i dont go to see too many movies....

but i am considering taking my daughter to see this movie because of the dynamic between oppressors and indigenous culture.

i would ****** off to no end if i took her and it turned out to be another dances with wolves type ******** where the oppressors win out and "oh the poor natives have to go off hiding" or whatever.

please tell that the blue people win.

i dont mind spoilers so if you could PM me thatd be swell.
This film had many msg's to convey.

Love transcends between people and culture
Consciousness. we are all one .Everything is energy .
Respect and love for all things living,our heritage
Depicts the humans going in and thinking they can take over and destroy what they like in the name of $$ . Having no respect for life ,culture, fauna,flora
And many subliminal msg's to.
A Bush quote .The commanding officer states against the poor innocent indigenous tribe 'We will fight terror with terror" (taking the **** out of Bush's quote )

(and yes the indigenous win)
Magnificent film..People were clapping at the end..and people were seriously moved ..
I've been twice and will go a third and fourth time... this film will be forever in my heart..
Pennelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:55 PM   #28
wolfman
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vril View Post

One of the best films I have seen in ages.
Highly recommend seeing it in 3D if you can afford it.
The special effects are mind blowing, never seen anything quite like it.
Didn't mind the story either.

Cant seem to reply to threads atm?
So im going to reply here just once.

The story is fairly predictable. It was better than I expected though.
I have to admit I'm more interested in the FX when I see a film like this.
If you enjoy great special effects it worth checking out on the big screen.
It's better than 2012, though that's not saying much I guess
I just saw it tonight and it was wonderful in 3D. What impress me was the ability to connect to monther nature thru their hair, how tall they were compared to the humans.

The other thing i noticed was the Humans that was doing the destruction of another species because the humans wanted some 'rock'.

This show is worth a 2nd time viewing.
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #29
ewhite
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
This show is worth a 2nd time viewing.
I second that! I know I will be going back for seconds, and this time I will take my 10 year old. The message contained in the film should be heard and seen by all.
ewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #30
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

I actually went to see this today been waiting a long time, what can i say but wow! beautiful film, worth the wait in my eyes.
Left me feeling a distaste for humans i have to say, the scenario of plundering an evolved planet which was one with everything for the humans own benefits left me in awe of this planets species.
Many messages here and the terror word came up they love to slip it in these movie makers.
Explained how the human consciousness can be transferred and how cloning can be achieved a topic which has be discussed here many time on avalon.
I actually saw it in 2D not sure about watching it in 3D i felt the film was a little jumpy at times so the 3D effect could be to much for some.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:55 PM   #31
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

See it in IMAX 3D if you can ~ Sweet

I'd say James Cameron's best to date.

Enjoyable ~

Spoiler alert~~~: (don't read if u don't wanna know just a little somethin g about what happens):

Would have been nice if they had come up with a higher solution that war to solve their problems though.

Nice love story etc...

Fun movie.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:15 PM   #32
Hiram
Avalon Senior Member

This film was very moving for me. There is really is something special about it, and if you allow yourself to complete let go and be immersed in the world it creates, it changes you!! You come out of the Theatre changed.

I found the same emotions many of you have expressed here after watching it--and even more. I certainly took away a sensation of being fundamentally dissatisfied with our realization of ourselves as a species. We have such a profound potential, and that potential is hanging there right in front of us waiting for us to grab it. Our connections to each other and to the world around us are the most important things to develop. All of the other mess is static...just static to distract and obfuscate your true purpose as a human being!!

The film will be with me for a long time. I feel blessed to be alive in an era where we can create experiences like these and share them with each other. This was an experience...not a film for me. Thanks James Cameron.
Hiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:46 AM   #33
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

James Cameron was working as an adviser for the Mars mission. The last I've heard the mission to Mars was postponed for 10yrs. I often wonder, why did Mr. Cameron decide to work with NASA on this project? The movie Avatar is a very spiritual movie and it mixes fiction with reality. I'm sure James got to see and hear a lot of classified info which many astronauts and scientist are eager to reveal yet due to the clearances needed to work at NASA cannot disclosed in a direct manner.The DNA cloning of a Human with an extraterrestrial is very real, the message about the planet connection to all life is also very real.As a 16 yr. ARMY veteran I can tell that some of the Military equipment such as the exoskeleton is science fact. I'm sure that James got quite an education at NASA.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:10 AM   #34
GenerationIke
Avalon Senior Member

Wes Studi, one of the great Native American actors, was the voice of the Na'vi father. I couldn't help but see many aspects of Last of the Mohicans in the movie myself. Why do you think George Washington was called Town Destroyer during the American Revolution? How many of you know of the Clinton-Sullivan Campaign in central New York against the Iroquois? Or even studied it in American History?

I was haunted for the remainder of the night by the message that the movie presented. But Cameron presented another message in his movie, I'm not sure anyone picked up on it or if Cameron did himself even. The fact that the natives communed with nature and their mother god Eywa directly. That is so pre THE FALL and not St. Augustinian Roman Catholicism. Man as good and innocent before the fall, man as pure evil after the fall. And man, this time, fights to maintain his pre-fall status rather than choose corporate, material greed and do evil.

In this movie Cameron presents the old Native American saying "walk a mile in another's moccasins" before you can truly know and understand the other person. That is what Tully did when he stepped into the body of his Avatar. He had to learn the other life's way of living in order to survive. And with it he learned to appreciate and love what was given to him by the spirit Eywa much more than the material wealth the corporate machine could ever bribe or entice him with.

I think Cameron is also sending us the message, we had better learn to let go of our greed, our selfishness, our egotism that makes us believe we are the superior race in this universe. Greed is neither good nor the essence of man or creation. And we are far from being superior as a babe is to an adult. Take only what is needed and then when you are finished, give back. Man has not done this since the fall. And we have not been taught well how to take only what is needed and leave the rest for others by our ancestors. (the manna from heaven story in the Bible.)

And one last thought to add, perhaps Cameron is telling the Corporate man in his latest offering to stick it. I am telling the world about the people of other worlds, how kind and as gentle they are as we are not.

GenerationIke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:26 AM   #35
Gevaudan
Avalon Senior Member

While walking through a store I noticed a child wearing an Avatar t-shirt. There were all sorts of Avatar products around. Later, while passing by a television set, I noticed that McDonalds has Avatar merchandise.

Now, I am in no way wanting to take away from the beautiful message of the story, but here is what I thought about while seeing all of the Avatar products:

Gevaudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:25 AM   #36
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

The movie cost 400 miliion to make it I'm sure the investors are in it to make a profit. For the garbage that Hollywood puts out this movie is a gem.
Thumps up for James Cameron !!!
Old 12-23-2009, 03:54 AM   #37
Gevaudan
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
For the garbage that Hollywood puts out this movie is a gem.
Absolutely. The massive marketing campaign will work on two fronts. The marketing will create a profit for the investors, while the story may cause a shift in the consciousness of its audience.

Opposite philosophies (materialism vs. idealism) attached such a popular focal point will introduce many others to the greater battle taking place. Perhaps some will remember why they're here and ready themselves for the unknown.

It would be a strange twist of fate if the very people who funded this massive movie were ultimately removed from power by the people who purchased tickets to see their investment.
Gevaudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:11 AM   #38
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

theres all sorts of irony, cameron using the most cutting edge technology and pushing tech further than it has gone in order to deliver a movie that is essentially anti technology.

someone i was talking to said this was hypocritical and i argued otherwise, i said if your on a speeding train do you go from car to car to tell a few people to pull the breaks or do you get on the PA system and tell them ALL to pump the breaks. its essenitally the same thing and im sure he knows it.

great movie, the 3D is mind blowing, good sci fi is rare so i highly recommend going and making an effort to see it in its intended form...you will be seeing a lot more movies in 3D after this.
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:27 AM   #39
joe2288
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevaudan View Post
Absolutely. The marketing will create a profit for the investors, while the story may cause a shift in the consciousness of its audience.
This is true, the problem is most movies portray negative aspects of contact

and we always play the victim. The amazing story part of this movie is not only

could contact be an amazing thing, but it's not necessarily them as the bad

guys were just as guilty.
joe2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:15 AM   #40
HENNA
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Samuel View Post
James Cameron was working as an adviser for the Mars mission. The last I've heard the mission to Mars was postponed for 10yrs. I often wonder, why did Mr. Cameron decide to work with NASA on this project? The movie Avatar is a very spiritual movie and it mixes fiction with reality. I'm sure James got to see and hear a lot of classified info which many astronauts and scientist are eager to reveal yet due to the clearances needed to work at NASA cannot disclosed in a direct manner.The DNA cloning of a Human with an extraterrestrial is very real, the message about the planet connection to all life is also very real.As a 16 yr. ARMY veteran I can tell that some of the Military equipment such as the exoskeleton is science fact. I'm sure that James got quite an education at NASA.
Cameron wrote this 15 years ago and had to just put it away in the drawer, due to the lack of technology at the time to make the movie the way he envisioned. He said he had to shave off a vast amount of the original because there was just way to much background and depth into so many of the characters.
I do think that a lot of the TV shows and Hollywood movies are more correct than not. I don't know if they are being given the ideas in some way, conscious or not. I don't really believe that we have "imaginations" per say, I think when you use your imagination what you are really doing is tapping into the collective consciousness. The Akashic records so to speak and are actually "remembering" more that creating. Maybe it is a combination of both. Remembering and also creating, by putting your own twist of linear drama into it.
So him working with NASA (never a straight answer) to me seems like he wouldn't get much out of them. Why would they reveal "classified" info to a Hollywood director who is making a sci-fi movie? I totally agree that there is cloning etc that is real and in progress now, but why would they tell him?
Is this a huge testing of the human population to desensitize us for disclosure purposes??

What ever the case, it is a GREAT movie ( I have now been twice ). I don't know if it is NLP or mind contol like someone stated, but what ever it is, it's really moving and I am ready for a trip to Pandora! Na'vi!!!!!!!
HENNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #41
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcrafter View Post
The message of the movie was quite clear to me.
We have to unite as ONE.
Since I saw Pirates of the Caribbean the sentence "Up is down" keeps bumping up in my head.
When I see a movie now I look at it from all kind of different angles and see that some topics have reversed or double meaning.

Sometimes you have to mirror roles ... and indeed if you replace the indigenous people of Pandora with humans the message
is that we have to find our roots on this planet again and stand our case when it comes to defend it.

Same thought I had when the aliens from District 9 where confined to earth, limited by their (broken) technology and
not allowed to leave earth.
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:22 PM   #42
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

You are so right operator, this is exactly what i thought having watched this one and district 9.
An earlier post i asked everyone if this film affected them, a post on GLP forum has discussed the self same thing.
They were stating the film was a form of mind control, well i see it for the truth the state of this world now being over run and what we have to do to get mother earth back on track we just need to connect again love and care for everything living thing.
I would love to see it in 3D or imax but our nearest one is so far away. but i loved it anyway.
This guy is a genius he has undoubtedly seen much while working for NASA and incorporated it into all his films. Once seen it makes you want to see more and i am waiting for the sequel already lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator View Post
Since I saw Pirates of the Caribbean the sentence "Up is down" keeps bumping up in my head.
When I see a movie now I look at it from all kind of different angles and see that some topics have reversed or double meaning.

Sometimes you have to mirror roles ... and indeed if you replace the indigenous people of Pandora with humans the message
is that we have to find our roots on this planet again and stand our case when it comes to defend it.

Same thought I had when the aliens from District 9 where confined to earth, limited by their (broken) technology and
not allowed to leave earth.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:24 PM   #43
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

James Cameron made a film about Ayahausca, Ecology, needless wars, and oil. I just saw it on the UKs biggest IMAX 3D screen. Its made my jaw drop.

The joining of human and plant consiousness is what happens when you have ayahausca. Just like the Na'Vi do when they join with the plants. The common short term for Ayahausca is Aya. The Na'Vi god is called Iywa. Another name of the Ayahausca vine is Vine of the soul. The tree in Avatar is the tree of souls. The inside of the tree is a double helix just like the Ayahuasca vine. James cameron has done his research.

You MUST see this on the biggest screen you can and you MUST SEE IT IN 3D!!!
EYES WIDE OPEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:28 PM   #44
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Henna I was a ex military man with a top secret clearance , many of us would like to talked about what we do or did. The connection that NASA has to Hollywood is historical. Do you think for one second they would go to Mars and show the general public was really up there . James Cameron was the perfect solution to hide and create an illusion. In order to do this you have to let him in on a secret but you cannot work on these projects without a clearance so I am sure the same clause apply to James like anybody else who has a top secret clearance . The reason they postponed the trip to Mars is to wait after the disclosure shock is over then the services of Mr. Cameron will no longer be needed .How long before disclosure takes place, it will take a couple of years at least. I love this movie because many veterans have done things we are ashamed of and in many ways it does justice to the way many veterans feel after they come back from war wish we could put our weapons down and disobey the orders to engage the enemy. No I will not sir.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:17 AM   #45
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

We dont have to unite as one, for godīs sake!. Because we canīt.

****ty unoriginal script, good fx, thatīs all.
Leunamros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:37 PM   #46
Hiram
Avalon Senior Member

I now realize why the film affected me as i did. I have had some time to think on it for a number of days now.

When the main character jumps from his human body to the Alien Body, and the image of the tunnel of light comes on the screen, it looked WAY TOO FAMILIAR. In fact, I believe that this image has unlocked some previous memories I have had. Memories concerning my true nature as a being.

In another scene, Jake remarks to himself in reference to his Avatar..."Its as if that world were the real one...and this one is only a dream."

This is what is happening to many of us. Its a beautiful process realizing who you really are and why you're here.

There are many triggers in this world, and I am enchanted by this last one.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:41 PM   #47
Hiram
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leunamros View Post
We dont have to unite as one, for godīs sake!. Because we canīt.

****ty unoriginal script, good fx, thatīs all.

Patterns of simple light, in interesting forms can be quite arresting, and can invoke powerful emotions. No different than patterns of sound waves creating music evoke powerful emotions.

A compelling script...or any script at all...is not necessary for something to be breathtaking.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #48
Malletzky
Avalon Senior Member

I saw Avatar in 3D yesterday evening with my son...and I must say, WOW !
There're definitely some messages in there...so many triggers indeed.

Two things especially...

first...the sky above Pandora...it looks so familiar...I don't know why, but I seem to have seen this (or something pretty similar) somewhere. But where exactly?

second...and I had to think more about this...there's a scene where Jake, recording for his blog, says that he can't remember any more about the last few months...about what happened in his "normal", as a human being life!

This made me think...about the seeming realities...what's real, what's not.
This made me think of the possibility that what he experienced as being Na'vi, actually IS the real state of being for us, the humans. This is what we trully are (or should be)...or at least, there are some components there of our REAL existence.

And that yes, being a human, it's only a dream, a really bad dream...

malletzky

p.s. by the way, it's realy worth the money...and I consider to take another view...as you just can't perceive everything by seeing it once...
Malletzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #49
Spregovori

Saw the move...xpand...etc...

nothing special to be truly honest

the story is boring and predictable, the CGI is nice...

but the movie does have a point - about brave white monkey...trying do do whatever it takes in the name of corporate interest..and it also has a spiritual part (all nature inter connected together with beings on that moon...all is energy, energy is one..one is all...etc)

we can now only hope that the more human animals see the movie...and go...ohh uhh how pretty etc....the more might get what the movie is showing...

which is basically...the whole Africa for example...

and also the movie "accidentally" happens to be here together with the "save the planet" campaign by the globalists

but I am afraid that it will stay at the...ooo how pretty ....and nothing else

side note: the movie (stereoscopic projection + goggles) was not gentle to my eyes, my eyes are still "tired" after 2 days... i wonder how that influenced my brain...that usually determines x,y,z naturally in an instant...and now the "fake" 3d...

Last edited by Spregovori; 12-28-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #50
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: Just saw Avatar

I had the opportunity and delightful surprise of seeing AVATAR last evening with some friends.

In 3D WoW!!!

a truly wonderful magical~ mystically dimensional experience.
It!

This film could of easily been intitled Avalon

Last edited by giovonni; 01-01-2010 at 10:39 PM.
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote