Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Future Talk > Visions of the Future

Notices

Visions of the Future Visions of the future, What are you seeing? Thoughts, Dreams, Intuition....

View Poll Results: Do you believe Avalon will be the Same after Subscription is Enforced ?
Yeh .. No Change ! 6 10.34%
No .. Completely Different ... 26 44.83%
Maybe Some Changes ? 17 29.31%
Not Sure ... Just Have 2 Wait & C !? 9 15.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2008, 06:45 AM   #1
Reuters
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation My Prediction / Prophecy about Avalon !

Welcome Fellow "Free for Now" Members,

My Prediction / Prophecy is about what will happen after Avalon Implements it's Subscription VFormat on This Forum !

1/ Firstly you will +Definitely notice much less activity ie: less postings etc.
2/ Users will look for other places to discuss event's such as Divine Cosmos Forum !
3/ Guest's will just come here to browse the Forum and Gather Information
4/ If Guest decide to join they May just stay a little while due to "No FeedBack" and Negative Attacks ! :@
5/ And Finally The Admin's & Forum Owners will Inevitably make Access "Free" Again and then decide on Other ways to fund Camelot & Avalon such as Advertising on Their Sites or Selling Merchandise !

If you have any more Ideas / Predictions on what will happen after the Subscription Format Is Implemented Please Don't Hesitate to Post your Views As Time Is Running OUT even If Different or Similar !

Thnx
Reuters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:00 AM   #2
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: My Prediction / Prophecy about Avalon !

less a prediction but a second thought:

in spite of the poll/or maybe due to the poll indicating that most members will leave PA if they have to pay, they decided to introduce the fee. maybe because after all that has been said and done; more has been said than done.
could it just be a subtle way of saying: "stop sticking to your computers! get out of fetish mode into preparedness mode! because soon TSHTF!?"
capreycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:59 AM   #3
IronWoman

Well.. many ppl are willing to give donations like Micheal St. Clair.. to fund the site, etc.. So.. i believe this forum will remain FREE!!

=)

and i'm sure Bill and Kerry don't want all these incredible ppl with informative posts out the door.. what a loss eh?

i am hopeful!
Old 11-23-2008, 08:59 AM   #4
no caste

Reuters,

I don't understand why your avatar bludgeons and offs himself at a keyboard. What is the emotion behind this??? I click on a thread and next thing y'know there's blood spurting all over. Is there meaning??? Please share - it's incoherent to me.

PS I'm still advocating for a free forum.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:17 AM   #5
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

I do this as an act of compassion - use that tone as you read. Trust me -- The decision has been made. The forum will go subscription. I tallied hundreds of responses, talked to Bill and Kerry individually. Inspired by St. Clair, I thought a full on NPR style fundraiser would be the answer. Well, I really stuck my foot in the s*** on that one. And then as I went over some really good objections with Bill and listened to his response, I suddenly felt it was an act of sabotage to continue to hound them to change their minds. They have already put their plan into action and are setting up the subscription page. So out of compassion here, I am telling you you are wasting your time and I think it is best to let it go and move on. I think its going to turn out just fine. If it turns out bad then that is their lesson to learn. Let them learn it. Now I ask you all please for an act of compassion – allow them the right to make their own decision about this, just as you would want for yourselves.

If you still want to post about it to vent that’s fine, but I see the same 5 or 10 arguments over and over – which I think are very valid – but I guarantee you its not going to change the decision to go subscription.

Joke: I feel like I am going to look like Reuters avatar up there if I don’t stop trying to reading all these threads on this. So even though I want to hear what everyone has to say there must be 1,000 posts on this topic.

FYI for those bothered by the moving, jumping, flashing things on the screen, last night I posted information on how to turn them off in Firefox and Explorer – search term “animated”. Now the little guy just sits there very still and stays white and black without going red. I laughed because last night I thought of Reuters avatar as I hit the escape key on every page after page after page to stop these moving things. So I went on a search for a fix. Now, I don’t have to do that anymore. I just typed in the little fix in Firefox and everything before my eyes is holding still.

Explorer has on option in "Tools" I think it is.

I really think the subscription plan will turn out OK. According to my tally many, many good people are choosing to stay. Changes yes, we’ll see them for sure. I find much peace in … allowance.

Last edited by Karen; 11-23-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #6
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=Karen;85537] If it turns out bad then that is their lesson to learn. Let them learn it. QUOTE]

Namasté Karen,

I 2nd that!

Peace!

Love and Light.

Namasté!

lightbeing
lightbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #7
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

Whatever will be , will be.
I have actually changed my mind about leaving. I originally thought that I would stop coming here if the forum went to a subscription format. At first it just seemed like a money making ploy...then they announced that membership would only cost, as little as, 1 dollar per month.
They aren't gonna get rich over it.

I've removed myself from the 'grid' as much as possible. I have no bank account, I have no credit cards...in fact...I have no debt. I rent my house...paying cash only. So, paying will be a bit of a chore, but not an end all.
I've donated to other sites by purchasing a pre-paid Visa card...I'll do the same here.

If it turns out lame...I'll just chalk it up as a "was fun while it lasted" sort of thing. I have gained friends and knowledge from this site thus far, and would miss it if it were gone.
Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:37 PM   #8
Baggywrinkle

The subscription will tailor the active membership to a group of cadre. Call it elite if you want, it really doesn't matter. These individuals would hopefully be focused on the mission of Avalon. They will be the trustees of the library we hope to compile tasked with distributing and teaching the information to a wider ground crew audience.

That would be my hope.

LDSAVOW has a membership of over five thousand individuals. It is a pay site, and it costs forty five dollars a year. The model can work. The subscription will help you self select which group you belong to, the trustees or the greater ground crew.

It has been my observation that many of you are not serious about the Avalon mission. You would rather go on for pages and pages about how evil the administration is or about bananas. That's fine, but it is wasting your time and mine.

I am here for two reasons; to support B&K in a tangible way so they can continue their work, and introduce newbies to preparation topics. If it weren't for the need to support B&K I would say leave the forum free, slap up a link to survivalblog.com and call it done allowing you to take the initiative to find the information or not as you desire.

I view this as mission work. The places that I normally haunt I'm the newbie and a lurker. They are far
more experienced then I am and I would be preaching to
the choir. There is not talk of humping bananas in these forums, and the tone is quite serious. Avalon is the wild west compared to my home turf. Should I leave here, and I've been very close the last few days, trust that I will not lurk here or at astro vera. The information I seek just is not happening in these places.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:02 AM   #9
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

LDSAVOW has a membership of over five thousand individuals. It is a pay site

I checked it out and noticed the free articles and particularly a very good download on preparedness which I will begin to read as soon as I have finished posting. I would recommend that download to anyone interested in putting together a year's supply of food.
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 camelot, avalon, divine vcosmos dforum, prediction, prophecey