Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #26
gita
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: this thread for new members to leave messages if you having problems and need h

How can I start a new thread? and do I need Permission? If so, how do I get it? Ta.
gita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #27
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Default Re: this thread for new members to leave messages if you having problems and need h

Quote:
Originally Posted by gita View Post
How can I start a new thread? and do I need Permission? If so, how do I get it? Ta.
There are 5 levels on the forum - you are on the thread level right now. See
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...650#post204650
to see how to get from level to level.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #28
dAkapacity
Avalon Senior Member

I left this post on the Free Computer Help Here-thread before, but it's been 'snowed under' a bit.
Here I saw some questions on how to start a new thread, so this is a re-post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAkapacity View Post
Can anybody tell me on how to post a new thread? I've been checking this site multiple times, but can't seem to find this obvious tool?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer1965 View Post
The easiest way I know how is click on the the FORUM link on the right side of the page....choose the forum in which you wish to post..

After you go there...roll to the very LEFT hand bottom...you'll see POST new topic link....then POST away
Quote:
Thanks! I did that, but now the typelightbox doesn't want me to play anymore. It says:

dAkapacity, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

However, down on the left it says:

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

Could it be possible that this is because I registered at the time Avalon still had a paid subscription? I wanted to pay something, but couldn't get my PayPall working back then. Afterwards it changed to non-paid subscription...

Other reason, of course, could be that I'm a complete computernincompoop (luv this word )...

xxdA.

Last edited by dAkapacity; 01-12-2010 at 10:11 AM.
dAkapacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #29
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I left this post on the Free Computer Help Here-thread before, but it's been 'snowed under' a bit.
Here I saw some questions on how to start a new thread, so this is a re-post...
I checked. There is nothing wrong with your account.

There are some forums that only administrators can post to, and there are others that only moderators can post to. There was one that was reserved for the subscribers but that is soon to be gone.

In short you are fully able to post a new thread. As a test, follow this link, hit "new thread" and post a test thread. If I see it, I will delete it once your done, but as its the off-topic forum it won't matter too much if there is a delay

Here is the link to the off-topic forum where you ought to be able to create a new thread:

http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #30
dAkapacity
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you very much Anchor. I wanted to post since long, but every time I tried there was something that didn't work...

Most of the time I immediately went to 'Today's Posts'. As a crazy man I started looking for the New Thread Button...

I'm a little wiser now

Hope it works, insj'allah!
Old 01-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #31
dAkapacity
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Anchor,

So I finally got my newborn thread and it's called Windowfarming

Unlike the human counterpart it's not alive and kicking yet, but that might be because I posted it under the 'wrong' subcategory (PC --> Off Topic).

Can I switch it to where it belongs (PA --> Preparations/Advice) or is that something only moderators / CoPOS (Computer People from the Other Side ) can do?

xxdA.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #32
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Great stuff. I moved it to the preparations forum - hope you dont mind.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #33
dAkapacity
Avalon Senior Member

Also good
Old 01-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #34
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Ahhh.....

It seem such a long time now since my private messages glitch.

Its good to live without problems

Haha, sorry, had to gloat

Maj
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #35
JudgeMental
Avalon Senior Member

This is in regard to so many topics being posted that one might find beyond erelevant. Many posts in general discussion that should be in off topic etc. The important topics are being shuffled to the bottom. Of course I wont point any fingers. But read some of the topics in general discussion area. I mean seriously. I ask myself if these folks watch your interviews or have a question in regard to UFO's are Aliens at all. So not trying to offend anyone. Just pointing out the mess of silly posts that a far from on topic. More like a distraction from information that might help people.
JudgeMental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:06 AM   #36
whitefluffy
Avalon Senior Member

could someone please tell me is it possible to completely delete posts (my own of course) or is one only able to edit them?

thankyou
whitefluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:19 AM   #37
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefluffy View Post
could someone please tell me is it possible to completely delete posts (my own of course) or is one only able to edit them?

thankyou
You can't delete.

What people do is replace the unwanted post with "..."
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:13 AM   #38
whitefluffy
Avalon Senior Member

thankyou seashore
Old 02-10-2010, 02:57 AM   #39
whitefluffy
Avalon Senior Member

Can someone else please ask a question?My name has been sitting here for days!!!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 04:33 AM   #40
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefluffy View Post
Can someone else please ask a question?My name has been sitting here for days!!!!!
LOL! If you want a post totally deleted just send a link to it to a moderator. You get a post link by clicking the number on the right top corner of a post. Now my name can sit here.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:14 AM   #41
Zenbuoy
Retired Avalon Member

Talking Re: this thread for new members to leave messages if you having problems and need h

Still patiently Not able to receive Subscribed Thread Notifications

no hurry, I'll be watching this stuff again... amazing

CAN WE HEAR IT FOR THE MODS?

...can't seem to find the "Brown Nose" button... still searching...
Zenbuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #42
anton
Avalon Senior Member

I'm not new but I do have a question for someone in the know.A few weeks ago very time I tried to log into P.C I'd get "your user ip has been banned,click here for help."I'd click and ask for help and receive no reply.I moved house and have'nt tried logging on again till yesterday and have had no problems.Can anyone give me an answer.Thanks for this thread.
anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #43
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anton View Post
I'm not new but I do have a question for someone in the know.A few weeks ago very time I tried to log into P.C I'd get "your user ip has been banned,click here for help."I'd click and ask for help and receive no reply.I moved house and have'nt tried logging on again till yesterday and have had no problems.Can anyone give me an answer.Thanks for this thread.
Ah, we keep having trouble with the email delivery system. We fix it an it goes bust again! And I cannot answer about the User IP - we did just clear up that issue for another member - maybe you were affected by it also, as an IP range had been banned.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #44
gita
Avalon Senior Member

I don't seem to be able to download the heather1 pdf file - I tried a few times but a file corrupt message keeps coming up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:54 AM   #45
truth and integrity
Avalon Senior Member

I need your help. I have created an album than I have tried to upload an image from my computer. After opening browse and opening my file, I’ve clicked upload picture but I have received message- invalid file.
truth and integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:00 PM   #46
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

Hello - I have been trying to upload 2 images to my ablum all day. I get directed to the "the webpage you are trying to view is not available" IE default page. This happens after I put the photos in the browse section and hit the "upload photos" button. I have saved the photos as both jpgs and pdfs - neither will upload. I'm really bummed out because I took these pictures yesterday of unusual cloud formations and want to share them

I have sucessfully put photos in before.....

Thanks for any advice offered!
El

Update: I have now tried on 3 seperate computers to upload pictures (1 - xl, 1-Vista & 1 - Windows 7). Still no luck

Last edited by 5thElement; 03-02-2010 at 07:40 PM.
5thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:29 PM   #47
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

Completely selfish bumpity-bump on my part ^^
El
5thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:49 AM   #48
gita
Avalon Senior Member

Does anyone know how to send a group mail from the groups as there's no link for this?
Old 03-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #49
truth and integrity
Avalon Senior Member

I need your help. I have problem to logout. I have deleted cookies but it doesn’t work.
truth and integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #50
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth and integrity View Post
I need your help. I have problem to logout. I have deleted cookies but it doesn’t work.
this happened to me from time to time until i started using firefox...
Jonah is offline   Reply With Quote