Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
franzBardon
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Google language translator

google has a language translator function which may help our communication with one another as well as deciphering interesting news coming from other countries. The translator is of course a bit inaccurate and does not include all languages but, covers quite a few. as an example i'll copy & paste this into the translator and change it to spanish

" Translation Related Variations
Google tiene una función de traductor de idiomas que puede ayudar a la comunicación con un otro, así como en noticias interesantes procedentes de otros países. El traductor es, por supuesto, un poco impreciso y no incluye todos los idiomas, pero cubre muy pocos. "

here's the direct link : http://www.google.com/ig?hl=en&referrer=ign

1. begin by selecting the language you wish to translate

2. next select a language you want it to translate to

3. type in the text field the sentence or paragraph you want changed

Last edited by franzBardon; 09-22-2008 at 04:36 PM. Reason: spelling errors
franzBardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:55 PM   #2
Esteban
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Google language translator

the spanish transtation is almost 100% correct. very useful indeed.
Esteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:02 AM   #3
Banned

I tried Babel Fish to translate some of the "Base New Berlin" document on the Project Camelot website. Needless to say, German and English language structure are quite different. I could understand the jist of what was being talked about, but definitely couldn't have read much of the document in this way. I haven't tried the Google translator and will give it a shot, these translators totally come in handy when you have to understand a short bit of material in another language, cause even if it comes out backwards as a literal translation, you can usually figure it out.
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:22 PM   #4
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

I translated the zeitgeistsite into dutch because that is my native language and then decided that it was easier to read and write in English.
No hard feelings.
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote