Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 10-03-2008, 10:52 AM   #1
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year
Exclamation If this is true, then it would be advisable to withdraw enough cash today!

Hiya everyone..

I was just sent this link by someone...regarding a possible shut down of ALL banking systems ...make of it what you will...It really would be worth making sure you all have enough cash on you to cover for a week. Just in case!!
http://www.drudge.com/user/AsianCapitalist
Old 10-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #2
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: If this is true, then it would be advisable to withdraw enough cash today!

This is the same info in the Bank of America thread that was also on Avalon and the web. I withdrew a sum of money yesterday to use for a trip later in the month and asked at my local bank (not BofA) if there was any limit of the amount I could withdraw and the teller said as long as it was in my account, I could withdraw it. I was in the bank twice this week and each time there were a lot more tellers than customers.

Not to say there won't be a bank holiday, and I do think it is always wise to be prepared, but if we encourage a bank run, then I'm guessing there definitely WILL be a bank holiday

I find it interesting that the information has shown up now (at least in my arena) via 2 conservative outlets. Hal whats-his-name and Drudge. although George Green has discussed something similar, but over a 3 day weekend - which could be the weekend of October 13. And Bill Ryan has just posted something on the subject, also.

Alys

Last edited by alyscat; 10-03-2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: typo
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #3
Indiana jones
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: If this is true, then it would be advisable to withdraw enough cash today!

I've been stripping my account on weekly basis.(those who fail to prepare prepare to fail).luke
Indiana jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year

Ditto Indianna!!

I am getting enough food in to cover the next 2 weeks...

and warning all friends/family to be prepared...
if it turns out not to happen, then we have lost nothing! if it DOES happen then we will not suffer in the way most others will....
Old 10-03-2008, 11:48 AM   #5
Bill Ryan
Project Avalon Co Founder

Hi, Folks:

Kate started this thread while I was posting this... (great minds think alike )

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?p=36835

Do read carefully. I'm concerned that something will suddenly happen next week, possibly business bank closures everywhere for several days. It might happen as early as Tuesday.

The problem is that bank closures might well mean no credit card transactions, no working ATMs, maybe disruption of supply chain to shops and stores.

Good advice to all Ground Crew: make sure you have food in fridge, cash in pocket to last a week whatever happens, and fuel in your car. All utilities (electricity, gas, phone, water) should be totally normal and unaffected.

Sit tight and enjoy the ride... and follow Bill Deagle's and Steve Quayle's excellent advice: be prepared to give a hand to your uninformed neighbor.

Very best, Bill
Bill Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:07 PM   #6
Kimmie
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks, Kate and others, ....for the information.

I read the post yesterday and am now posting on the FLORIDA GROUND CREW Forum, so our members will be aware.

Kimmie
Kimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:25 PM   #7
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Indiana jones,

In my opinion you are doing exactly the right thing. I suggested this two weeks ago in this forum. I think that if the doom and gloom is true, we would have at least not lost anything (as long as we spend soon), and if it isn't, we would have lost the interest of a savings account of 1 month (if the thing blows over). Those who leave considerable sums in their bank accounts during this time will have very little to gain and could lose everything.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana jones View Post
I've been stripping my account on weekly basis.(those who fail to prepare prepare to fail).luke
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:52 PM   #8
Mummy_bean
Avalon Senior Member

I'm a bit concerned about this. Pulling all yopur cash from the bank and burying it under the floorboards is just about the worst that could be done right now. I hope that not too many people interpret this warning that way. (Pull it out and buy seeds and trees by all means, but don't be leaving it sitting there in an old shoe box.)

I'd go out and buy what's needed for a couple of weeks, with a little spare change. But go easy. Fill the tank up, but put off any unneccessary trips or expenses.

This financial collapse is a form of psychological terrorism, self perpetuating. The more we panic, the worse it gets and the more likely we'll be looking at nationalisation of banking systems and bail-outs. The internet is a very high-speed panic router. Beware!! If this is a pre-planned conspiracy then you can bet that the panic response is exactly what the baddies want. If it's just the result of humankind's greed and stupidity, then ........... well. Personally, I think the latter is actually the scarier prospect, but OH, the responsibility....

The 9/11 comparison worries me too. And...the suggestion in that article that 7/7 was a set-up. But that's another story.

Personally, I'm feeling quite positive right now, just not 100% sure what to do first/next. I remember a time in the UK where you would regularly go a whole entire 3 days on a regular basis without being able to get at your cash!! That long, huh? No ATM's, banks closed on Saturdays and Sundays and the good ol' British bank holiday. You just had to be organised. Noone panicked about it. Obviously this is something different, but we are all so used to having so much...

I think this whole experience will give us all a brief glimpse into what it's like to be a have-not (hardly) and start the process of cutting the umbillicus from our monetary system and our dependencies. We're all participants in this financial collapse in the sense that at some point we will all have joined in, wittingly or not. Hopefully we'll come out of the other side of a 'bank holiday' feeling...well, that wasn't so bad, was it?

Take care xx

Last edited by Mummy_bean; 10-03-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Mummy_bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #9
Thunderbird
Avalon Senior Member

HEY!!!

i called a good friend of mine with hundreds of millions of dollars....

hey called his good friend...the exec VP of all florida branches of Bank of America...

he asked about this...

the VP said it was unequivocally false and stated that its precisely the type of thing that causes bank runs...

there was NO communiqué from the FED and there were NO placards delivered.

HE would KNOW and because of his friendship he would have told my friend.

FURTHER....i went o my own local branch and SHOWED my personal
banker the False Evidence Appearing Real (fear).

There emotional response was in line with their verbal response meaning they were not being duplicitous. she said "NO WAY is that going to happen!'

Bank of America is the most Liquid bank in america and they are NOT shutting down...

FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real.

TELL EVERYBODY...
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:12 PM   #10
Kahunamahalo
Avalon Senior Member

And because of this it makes it fact?
Kahunamahalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #11
Thunderbird
Avalon Senior Member

TRUTH BEHIND BANK OF AMERICA CLOSING HOAX:

HAL TURNER is a l!ttle B1tch....

No surprise therefore that we learn the source of the hoax is Hal Turner, who was exposed earlier this year as an alleged FBI informant posing as a white supremacist.
In January, hackers broke into Turner’s computer server and found e-mails between Turner and an FBI agent who was apparently Turner’s handler. Turner was providing information to the FBI agent about individuals who attended his neo-nazi rallies, along with a potential assassination plot against Senator Russ Feingold.
“Once again,” Turner wrote to the agent, “my fierce rhetoric has served to flush out a possible crazy.”
When he was confronted by his readers, Turner shut down his website and vowed to separate himself from the “pro-White” movement. His site later returned in the form of a blog hosted on blogspot.com.
The Southern Poverty Law Center documented the case in an article entitled, FBI’s Use of Neo-Nazi Informant Knocked. Both the FBI and Turner have refused to comment on the allegations.
Considering the fact that Turner has been left alone despite arguing that killing certain federal judges “may be illegal, but it wouldn’t be wrong” and outright calling for the murder of immigrants crossing border from Mexico, it’s no surprise that his latest scam, despite its blatant illegality, will go unnoticed by the same authorities that Turner apparently accepts a paycheck from.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:21 PM   #12
Thunderbird
Avalon Senior Member

FEAR is the mind killer...

time for peoples minds to be brought out of Cardiac Arrest....

where are my paddles?

CLEAR!
Old 10-03-2008, 01:23 PM   #13
Indiana jones
Avalon Senior Member

This could be a good time to prepare for the coming changes.If you are stripping your account buy essential items like layerd water proof clothing and maybe get yourself active prepare the physical body for what may lie ahead.Some usefull hand tools would be good,backpack any thing which is easy to move.
Indiana jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:25 PM   #14
Thunderbird
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahunamahalo View Post
And because of this it makes it fact?
i trust my realworld people before i trust a known informant and tool, and before i trust news sources chat rooms or whatever....
Old 10-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #15
Mummy_bean
Avalon Senior Member

Fear - yup. Made that point. There's enough of it out there and I for one don't want to see it constantly being added to. Common sense & Prgamatism are needed. There are a lot of narcissistic people out there who enjoy the drama and enjoy seeing people scared to death and running round like rats in a cage. They also love to be the ones to be the source of the crucial information. I for one find a lot of the dis-info circulating out there abhorrent. It's so difficult to sift out the important stuff.

However, my gut feeling is, regardless of the 'rumour' or 'hoax' or the source of it, a closure of the banks is a real possibility. But it may just be a part of the process good or bad. The system needs the money - go - round...and can't afford for transactions to come to a halt. But it still may happen, depending on who's calling the shots and why, and what the end game is. No harm in being prepared, just not a reason to panic.

I like the Southpark theory on conspiracy theories...
Old 10-03-2008, 01:54 PM   #16
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

they are in the mode of greed...

if they shut things down, they only hurt themselves

think positively ...

remember, we create "the reality"

remember, we make that "real"
love
the eXchanger
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #17
Mummy_bean
Avalon Senior Member

I agree that if they shut down the banks yes, they hurt themsleves. Unless (as many believe) this is what the NWO folks want...you see the paradox.

But my earlier point was that we are all in the mode of Greed... when we talk about personal responsibility just how much are we prepared to take?

I can find you millions of people on the planet who are not in a position to make their own reality. They are just hungry. And it's our fault.

This reminds me a lot of the death of the Princess of Wales - oh how we cried...but who was buying the papers and reading the articles containing the photos? We're the consumers. we need to step out of this 'them and us' mentality and realise that we're all them, all us's - you get my drift.

Deep stuff, but this is the 'reality' we have all made, in my opinion.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #18
scanner
Avalon Senior Member

Hi all no problem here not got any money away but if you have, I think the advice is take out a little to cover any poss of closures .You should have some cash around these days anyway or pref gold or silver old stuff or not. What I can't understand is the sheeple still refuse to see whats going on and try and tell em they think you belong in the nut house. WAKE UP ITS UNDER YOU NOSES sorry for shouting

lover too you all
scanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #19
scanner
Avalon Senior Member

I meant love of coures
scanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #20
kassych
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: If this is true, then it would be advisable to withdraw enough cash today!

Well..to be forewarned is to be forearmed..
kassych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:45 PM   #21
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

i just spent £1000 yesterday anyway.. NBC stuff, water filter, purification stuff, tools, ect. nuke alert pottasium iodide tabs .. still got no food stocks . was gonna buy a couple years supply of rice ect.. hopefully we will have two weeks more to prepare for collapse.. i got to spend another £1000 on SAS clothing and i might treat to some 10 mile walkie talkies and night vision monocluar

IM HALF READY.. lol
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:51 PM   #22
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

all my money came out 2 months ago.. i scarliy had to put some back into a friends account so i could mail order some survvial gear.
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:14 PM   #23
Average Joe
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineal-pilot-in merkabah View Post
i just spent £1000 yesterday anyway.. NBC stuff, water filter, purification stuff, tools, ect. nuke alert pottasium iodide tabs .. still got no food stocks . was gonna buy a couple years supply of rice ect.. hopefully we will have two weeks more to prepare for collapse.. i got to spend another £1000 on SAS clothing and i might treat to some 10 mile walkie talkies and night vision monocluar

IM HALF READY.. lol
I'm well and truly in it, if the you know what hits the fan, so they say.

Mind you I don't have a spare thousand pound to spend on all that gear so I'm going to have to wing it......wish me luck!

IF, the banking system collapses, and money suddenly is not worth anything, then any debts that anybody has are also worthless......so it cuts both ways. All those people you may owe money to can sing for it!

This I think would be one good reason why I think that everything will be done to ensure the banking system as we know it stays the same......if you owe money they've got you under control.
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #24
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

Pulling your money out is not that big of a deal. I dont understand how the banks have convinced us that we are too irresponsible to keep track of our own finances. Even if nothing happens you can put your money back in the bank when ever you want. It is better to be ready incase it really happens. I have a feeling though, that we all have this sense that s**t is going to hit the fan sometime soon. However, our sense of time is off; just because we know it is going to happen and we can sense it doesnt mean that our timing is right. In the scale of infinity years are not even comparable to seconds, we might have this feeling because we can feel the future coming but it might not get here when our concept of time thinks it wil.

I just think it is best to be ready for both situations. Dont sell your house and run to the hills, but figure that it is a possible situation.
Orion Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #25
Average Joe
Avalon Senior Member

The way I see it is that a total collapse of the banking system would render your money worthless whether its in the bank or out of it. Or half and half. You'd be walking around with bits of paper that you can't actually do anything with. You try and buy something off somebody, they'll not accept your cash if they can't spend it, and so on and so on....
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote