Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 09:45 AM   #51
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blackbutt, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,004
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

Burgundia, Muffin is fat, furry, lazy and soft and cuddly. BUT, if she doesn't want to do something she'll become a growling, spitting bundle of energy. On the other hand, her brother Mike is full of energy. He runs everywhere, jumping up on tree stumps, dashing up trees and then throws himself on the ground in front of you. He just wants to be with us all the time. His favorite sleeping spot is on top of the cabinet with the TV in. If we walk past, he opens one eye and stretches a paw out to grab our attention. Once he gets a pat he goes back to sleep again.
How can you not love 'em?


Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #52
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

Cats are adorable Brinty and yours are beautiful.
My cat has now lost half of his weight because of kidney problems but he is still very active and loves attention. When he lies on the carpet, quite often he has to touch my feet with just any part of his body. He is very vocal too and talks with you all the time. And he always has to have the last say.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #53
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blackbutt, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,004
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

Although Muffin and Mike are from the same litter, it seems that Muffin's dad was a Persian. Muffin also has kidney problems and the vet told us that Persians are prone to kidney disease. She gave us a course of tablets to be given daily for ten days.

Great! Ever tried getting a tablet down a cat's throat Burgundia? However, the treatment worked and she was a bundle of energy once more. A few weeks later she had a relapse and we had to get another course of tablets. Once again they worked - for a while.

Now we have a course of thirty tablets for her. She can thank her lucky stars that she's so cute that we are prepare to spend $2 a day to keep her bright and cheery.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:52 AM   #54
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member
 
Humble Janitor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,201
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!



My big orange cat, Garfield.

Quite possibly one of the sweetest cats I've ever known.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:15 AM   #55
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: devon england
Posts: 1,905
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

Cats i love em


dont ever think you own one tho...


and that what i love about em

they got there owners ?

just where they want emm !!!

and there not as cute as they look

when there bringing in the live stock..........

rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #56
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post


My big orange cat, Garfield.

Quite possibly one of the sweetest cats I've ever known.
Give garfield a big kiss from me
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:22 AM   #57
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinty View Post
Although Muffin and Mike are from the same litter, it seems that Muffin's dad was a Persian. Muffin also has kidney problems and the vet told us that Persians are prone to kidney disease. She gave us a course of tablets to be given daily for ten days.

Great! Ever tried getting a tablet down a cat's throat Burgundia? However, the treatment worked and she was a bundle of energy once more. A few weeks later she had a relapse and we had to get another course of tablets. Once again they worked - for a while.

Now we have a course of thirty tablets for her. She can thank her lucky stars that she's so cute that we are prepare to spend $2 a day to keep her bright and cheery.
mine has been on Ipakitine for almost 2 years now. It's a powder and I mix it with his food so no problems like with the tablets. Cats and tablets do not mix
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:07 AM   #58
Swanny
I dont need a label !
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Shire of Wilt
Posts: 2,889
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

Cats are borring, dogs rule
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #59
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blackbutt, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,004
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
mine has been on Ipakitine for almost 2 years now. It's a powder and I mix it with his food so no problems like with the tablets. Cats and tablets do not mix
Thanks for that info burgundia, must see if we can get some.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #60
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Cats are borring, dogs rule
dogs are boring because so predictable...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #61
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member
 
Humble Janitor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,201
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

Did I mention that my cat's really talkative?

When he was a kitten, he was frightened of me at first but over time, we bonded.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #62
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Washington state
Posts: 743
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

Oooh, I'd rather pill my cats than put it in their food. With 3 pickey eaters, I'd never be sure anyone got it all. But they make a thingy, called a cat piller. It has a rubber tip to it, with a crosshatch cut, and you slip the pill in there. Then the only thing is getting the cat's mouth open. Slip the piller to the back of the throat, push the ejector, and she's done! I hold my cat's muzzle closed until I'm sure it's swallowed, sometimes rubbing the throat to help.

alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #63
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blackbutt, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,004
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyscat View Post
Oooh, I'd rather pill my cats than put it in their food. With 3 pickey eaters, I'd never be sure anyone got it all. But they make a thingy, called a cat piller. It has a rubber tip to it, with a crosshatch cut, and you slip the pill in there. Then the only thing is getting the cat's mouth open. Slip the piller to the back of the throat, push the ejector, and she's done! I hold my cat's muzzle closed until I'm sure it's swallowed, sometimes rubbing the throat to help.

alys
Right alyscat, we had problems once when we opted to buy worming paste which was supposed to be mixed into their food. One sniff and they backed off. As cats hate being dirty, we rubbed it into the fur on their front legs and they had no choice but to lick it off. Messy, but worked well.

I just checked out the cost of Ipakitine and for a 10kg cat, it would cost $2.85 per day. On a retirement pension, that's a cost we can't afford for too long.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #64
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinty View Post
Right alyscat, we had problems once when we opted to buy worming paste which was supposed to be mixed into their food. One sniff and they backed off. As cats hate being dirty, we rubbed it into the fur on their front legs and they had no choice but to lick it off. Messy, but worked well.

I just checked out the cost of Ipakitine and for a 10kg cat, it would cost $2.85 per day. On a retirement pension, that's a cost we can't afford for too long.
How much do you have to pay for 150g? in poland it costs about $17 and this amount will last for quite long...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #65
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blackbutt, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,004
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
How much do you have to pay for 150g? in poland it costs about $17 and this amount will last for quite long...
$46.33 plus $4.90 postage. And thank you for asking burgundia, because when I went back and double checked my figures, I found I'd made an error somehow. The daily cost would come to $1.37 - which is a lot better than what I'd first worked out.

Wonder if I can get it from Poland? $17 sounds a hell of a lot better than $46.33 and I don't think the postage would make up the difference.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #66
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinty View Post
$46.33 plus $4.90 postage. And thank you for asking burgundia, because when I went back and double checked my figures, I found I'd made an error somehow. The daily cost would come to $1.37 - which is a lot better than what I'd first worked out.

Wonder if I can get it from Poland? $17 sounds a hell of a lot better than $46.33 and I don't think the postage would make up the difference.
We might arrange something.....PM me where you live and I'll find out the cost of shipment from Poland.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:27 AM   #67
vagabunda
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 45
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

Thanks for sharing your animal photos, everyone, it was lovely to see all of your gorgeous little guys
vagabunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:32 PM   #68
Machinamentum
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 413
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

Can't believe that it's taken me this long to finally get a picture of my little panther bear.. She is so black and shinny its hard to get a decent photo of her.



Machinamentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #69
micjer
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ont. CANADA
Posts: 1,043
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

micjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:59 AM   #70
Malynda
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 250
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

oops!

Last edited by Malynda; 03-22-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Malynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:50 AM   #71
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

So many cat-people here...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:30 PM   #72
Luminous
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 23
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

This is Manny, sweet, loving angel. He has been known to play fetch with me.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ginger, Manny, Hector 010.jpg (12.2 KB, 3 views)
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #73
Luminous
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 23
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

And this is Hector. He's the psychic one. He sees things that I don't.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ginger, Manny, Hector 002.jpg (12.9 KB, 1 views)
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #74
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member
 
Humble Janitor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,201
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

My cat just goes nuts for no reason until one time, I just simply said "leave my cat alone" and he jumped on my lap. It must have worked because he stopped running all over my apartment for no reason. Poor bugger. I think he sees/hears things that I can't and it's good because I can't hear much at all.

If it ever comes down to it, he's coming with me. No way I'm leaving this friend behind.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #75
Luminous
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 23
Default Re: Time out for a kitty!

Yep. Not going anywhere without them.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon