Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #326
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Radiant zones and communities building..where are we up to ?

Cosmic Dancer and I took a visit to a local commercial aquaponics company. His operation was quite impressive. In a greenhouse of 40' X 200', he was growing 40,000 lettuce plants and farming rainbow trouts (17 inch size), with product shipments on a weekly basis. The system looked pretty complex with computer control of the total environment from temp, humidity, and had separate hydroponic and fish tank control to maximize production.

The owner is available for design of a custom system or consulting. We would not need such an optimized system, so could be simpler, and grow different vegetable varieties. His website is at:

http://www.cultures-aquaponiques.com/
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:10 AM   #327
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Post Talented, dynamic female seeks community of like minded people in safe, radiant zone

Hello,

Not quite sure where to start or how to approach this matter, this is my first forum membership so I'm still getting a feel of how things work. I love the vibe and feel here, and this is the closest thing to a "like minded" group of people I've come across in many years.

I'm currently living in Los Angeles, single, never had children and what's left of my family is spread to the four winds. I've spent the last 18 months heavily researching the varied and complicated aspects of 2012 and it's hard to believe that even in 2009 when you begin talking about the presence ET life on Earth, that these things are still taboo and most people will look at you like your the alien when you bring it up. There's also a spiritual, or metaphysical aspect to the work going on here which is what makes PC special.

When I stumbled upon the work of Kerry & Bill with Project Camelot as well as David Wilcock, I it found it to be the most resonating source for information I've found since my spiritual background is in metaphysics. It's like coming home after a long, arduous journey and now that I have a handle on the bigger picture, going into 2012 is certainly not something a female like myself cares to tackle on my own.

Finding a community of people who are aware of the upcoming change and understand the importance of preparation makes most sense, and there's something to be said for the old saying "power in numbers". As a child growing up in the late 60's watching people protest against the war in the peace movement, I noticed communes were a very popular way of life for many people. Unfortunately by the late 70's when I left home as a teenager, the concept of communal living had seen it's peak and was virtually unheard of.

At this time the communal lifestyle makes mores sense than ever face the coming changes with. A group where there's a heavy emphasis on spirituality, the ascension process, sustainability, living in harmony off the grid and with a mind set of unified team work. Which is a good segue into the firearms issue...

Perusing this thread I've noted the debate on firearms, which is always a hot topic. My philosophy leans toward and envisions living in harmony without guns. It's a proven fact that spiritual protection, strength and visualization are very powerful means of force and when used properly the most effective forms of protection. Many years ago, my own spirit guides, or Higher power saved my life from a situation a gun would have been useless in. So that's a sticky issue, it seems that if you have guns on the property, simply the negative energy of having a gun in and of itself, might attract violence or a situation that needs addressed with guns? Seems like a natural security system like mastiffs and booby traps on the property, daily group visualizations & meditations for protection and light as well as other means of security, make more sense when humanity's destination is in a non-violent world and in learning our true powers of co-creation. Violence isn't always the answer, that's just a lack of faith in our own creativity....wheres MacGuyver when you need him

In real world skills to offer, I bring a lot of professional management and sales experience to the table. I have excellent administrative skills and work well with people from all walks of life. I consider myself a writer and also have good oral and written communication skills, as well as having a good eye for editing other people's material....now my own material is another story

SKILLS: I cook, garden am also handy with a hammer, screw gun and measuring tape for odd jobs around the house. Partially remodeled a home built in 1864, as well as built a new 3000' sq ft home with my ex husband. I've been researching eco-friendly living that also incorporates safety design features for withstanding high winds, earthquakes, power outages and other sustainability features, so I bring many fresh ideas and plenty of good energy to the household team.

I have a life time of experience handling animals including cats, dogs, birds, fish and horses. Natural medicine and forms of healing is another passion, so I have a familiarity with herbs and other forms of natural medicine.

Your welcome to visit my "professional" profile to review my resume and personal recommendations on LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/annette-o-toole/5/b78/918

I enjoy writing, you can check out my work on a variety of subjects at Allvoices.com:
http://www.allvoices.com/users/muzikdiva

A natural born people person, I'm very good with people and am a natural born leader. If you need help managing the house I'm a Certified Resident Manager and can assist with property management, as well as household administration. I'm a highly resourceful individual and very handy around the house. I have good interior/exterior decorating and light maintenance skills; and have managed maintenance, building and landscaping crews. No job is considered too big or too small and I'm not scared of getting my hands dirty.

As a housemate, I'm considered to be responsible, have a great sense of humor, cleanly, honest, friendly, low-drama, always considerate and respectful of others personal space & belongings and I get along well with most everyone - even the cat and the dog! I'm quiet and somewhat of a geek that spends a lot of time on the internet learning about whistleblowers and some pretty fascinating knowledge coming forward. But, there's also never a substitute for spending quality time around intelligent, well informed, spiritually enlightened people. It just seems like there are fewer and fewer aware people living here in Lalaland better known as Burbank, Ca. Did everyone leave for a radiant zone and leave me here with all the comatose wing-nuts, wack-o-doodles and loony-tunes?

Some quiet, peaceful mountain air and a community of like minded, spiritually aware people is definitely what the doctor ordered right now - a welcome breath of fresh air I'm thirsting to take in.

If anyone can help with leads, or advise on communities seeking new members, it would be deeply appreciated. On the other hand, if there are others like myself with similar aspirations that feel the need to prepare for the future and want to build a sustainable community off-the grid.
I'm open to ideas, lets talk. There has never been a better time to come together. All it takes is the right people coming together and making the decision to do it.

Like Costner in a Field of Dreams, once you make your mind up and put the energy out there....Almost like magic the right people, the ways, the means $$$ and the right opportunity will all come together in synchronicity to make the dream manifest and everything to make it happen will fall in place.

Thank you for your time...with blessings and the kindest regards,

Annette
aka AscendingStarseed

Last edited by AscendingStarseed; 10-29-2009 at 08:20 AM.
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #328
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default Re: Talented, dynamic female seeks community of like minded people in safe, radiant z

Hello and welcome to You Ascended Starseed ,

Here is the link to Timeline 2012.

http://www.timeline2012.org/

You will see communities there that members from this forum are building as well as others across the world.
The rainbow community is being build in Canada by Northern Sanctuary .
The Trace the circle community is in Montana and is being built by TTC.

Both can be contacted .
Northern Sanctuary through PM
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/member.php?u=1116

and TTC through this link:
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=15664

Love from me
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 11-09-2009 at 09:21 PM.
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #329
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default Re: Talented, dynamic female seeks community of like minded people in safe, radiant z

Friends ,

Visit my thread and watch the movie " Home " .
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=17489

Love Always
mudra
Old 11-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #330
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

I wrote this on 2 October 09... On the Manifest for you thread...

I got No comments. I stopped writing. I don't write where the interest

is the drama and Wow that Avalon readers Now want:

W0W... To Really Heal the Earth. One would have to destroy the 0il Business.

They remove a substance from under the crust [which weakens the surface]
causing sink holes N' earth quakes. The substance these Evil people remove
they process into poisons such as Plastic, fuel, N' other items they say we
should use. All of them toxic and poison to our bodies and all life. They pick
the pockets of beings of the planet in their greed, for the processing of this
natural continously produced substance. The only way to get rid of it is to
burn it... Which they also want to tax you for using it.[Carbon Tax]...

Plastic collects on the surface; in landfills, in the oceans it kills oceans
creatures, Kills life on the surface and in the sky... They take money from the
earth beings to FIX a problem again and again which THEY caused. Over
N' over I see they repeat the same thing. They ' Hook ' you on something
than take Money from Your labors to FIX what THEY cause... They give
each other that sign of Taurus [the bull] when ever a camera is on them,
You, all know the sign little finger and index finger held outright middle fingers
tucked under held by the thumb forming the face of the bull. They hold it
sidesways in front of their body or up in the air. That is the sign of laughing
at U the payer... As they Pick your pocket they laugh at U.

Electric is the only true energy that is safe. But, it is kept hidden. Henry Ford
hated 0IL people. In 1921 he built a model T; which really used electric to
turn a flywheel which provided forward movement. He used pocket
magnets to repel the magnets on the flywheel which caused rotation....

Coral Castle in Southern Florida was completely built using the same method
to power a generator which Ed, used to lift blocks of limestone of various
shapes in place using the electro/magnetics to repel the blocks lifting off the
earth and placed them where he wanted them. Do I understand it -Y E S.
But, your HOOKED on a drug called 0IL. Henry Ford built his auto to run on
farm products... Never 0IL... He hated 0IL... And the people that brought it.
They killed his son Edsel to flip him... Henry Ford hated 0IL as I hate
pharmaceuticals... another one of their tools. They HOOK you and COOK you.

And, sooo it is. And sooo it will be... Until, all of the beings of the planet
Terra educate themselves get some BALLS and start using ELECTRIC.
Start building generators.

Only then can the earth be healed... Make the dumbing down go away.

Live better electricly... Remember that... Its gone away also.

YOU, AIN'T GOT THE BALLS... And, THEY KNOW THAT.

I have left knowledge all over this site. No One reads it...

Verry trooly,

Tango

Let The Force be withIn you.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #331
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Thank you ..Great post Tango .
Hope everyone hears you.

Love Always
mudra
Old 11-09-2009, 10:19 PM   #332
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

And this, My girl is why your sooo Loved....

Tango

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Thank you ..Great post Tango .
Hope everyone hears you.

Love Always
mudra
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #333
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

still not really getting anywhere.. making connections tho. just not physically getting together..
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:38 AM   #334
Night Light
Avalon Senior Member

***Sorry I'm late***

Me and some friends are working on a project to build and run an eco-resort on the Mexican coast. The purpose is to create a prime environment for growth and learning. We have done an emmense amount of r+d and are getting our shovels dirty within the next month. We have a dynamic approach that will describe in better detail later. For now, I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. It took me nearly a whole day to read this thread, but I enjoyed it.

I have a lot to say, but I dont have the time right now. Soon. Soon.

In the mean time, I have a website with articles and links, though it isn't quite done with its makeover...
|
|
|
V
Night Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #335
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

I think it is a great idea to get it going with the concept of it's being a "resort" because that implies that you will bring it into profit first stage.

I have long wanted to build something in Kenya and my first stage plan was to make it a safari camp, and then a school/village for young artists, and then on from there, step by step, using the income from each project to further build. This largely bypasses the need for investor input.

best wishes,
gnosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Light View Post
***Sorry I'm late***

Me and some friends are working on a project to build and run an eco-resort on the Mexican coast. The purpose is to create a prime environment for growth and learning. We have done an emmense amount of r+d and are getting our shovels dirty within the next month. We have a dynamic approach that will describe in better detail later. For now, I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. It took me nearly a whole day to read this thread, but I enjoyed it.

I have a lot to say, but I dont have the time right now. Soon. Soon.

In the mean time, I have a website with articles and links, though it isn't quite done with its makeover...
|
|
|
V
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:20 PM   #336
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

These are great news Night Light .
I am looking forward to read more of what you have to share.
May all your dreams come true

Love Always
mudra
Old 11-28-2009, 11:23 PM   #337
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Pineal-Pilot-in the merkabah,

I wish you to sort things out soon.
May you make a quantum leap towards the reaching of your goal.
Any help needed ..ask it on this thread .

Love Always
mudra
Old 11-29-2009, 10:56 AM   #338
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I have left knowledge all over this site. No One reads it...Let The Force be withIn you.
I have read and enjoy your work Tango, I totally agree with your views on oil - well said!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #339
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hello and welcome to You Ascended Starseed ,

Here is the link to Timeline 2012.

http://www.timeline2012.org/

You will see communities there that members from this forum are building as well as others across the world.
The rainbow community is being build in Canada by Northern Sanctuary .
The Trace the circle community is in Montana and is being built by TTC.

Both can be contacted .
Northern Sanctuary through PM
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/member.php?u=1116

and TTC through this link:
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=15664

Love from me
mudra
Thanks for the leads, I really appreciate your help Mudra and wil let you know if anything comes of it...

Have you heard of a community somewhere in Washington, maybe around the Spokane area? Seems like I read about it on PA but can't remember exactly where and I do remember there was an issue some people couldn't live with - no guns allowed on the property. I don't have a problem with that, spiritual protection and guidance can overcome any threat with enough Faith, Love and Light.

With much love,
Annette
Old 12-02-2009, 01:00 AM   #340
Night Light
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendingStarseed View Post
Thanks for the leads, I really appreciate your help Mudra and wil let you know if anything comes of it...

Have you heard of a community somewhere in Washington, maybe around the Spokane area? Seems like I read about it on PA but can't remember exactly where and I do remember there was an issue some people couldn't live with - no guns allowed on the property. I don't have a problem with that, spiritual protection and guidance can overcome any threat with enough Faith, Love and Light.

With much love,
Annette
There are a few. I personally visited a couple just a few months ago. PM me if you would like to know more...
Old 12-02-2009, 01:16 AM   #341
Night Light
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
These are great news Night Light .
I am looking forward to read more of what you have to share.
May all your dreams come true

Love Always
mudra

Thx Mudra!

K so my team and I have come up with some amazing things, and I intend to share my knowledge. For the first installment, I would like to refer you to an article I wrote about green-building techniques and technologies. In it you will be introduced to what I believe to be THE BEST WAY TO BUILD: Stabilized Compressed Earth Bricks/Blocks!
To give you a taste before you click the link, here are JUST SOME OF THE ADVANTAGES:

Strength: The blocks are strong! CEB can have a compressive strength as high as 2,000 pounds per square inch. Blocks with compressive strengths of 1,200 to 1,400 p.s.i. are common.

Thermal advantages: Due to the enormous mass - these are monolithic walls - CEB has excellent thermal performance, reducing heating and cooling costs.

Non-toxic: materials are completely natural and do not out-gas toxic chemicals (like concrete and many other modern building materials)

Sound resistant: an important feature in high-density neighborhoods, residential areas adjacent to industrial zones

Fire resistant: earthen walls do not burn

Insect resistant: the walls are solid and very dense, discouraging insects

Mold resistant: there is no cellulose material - such as in wood or drywall

ARTICLE LINK

Soon to come:
Agriculture (Terra-Preta!)
Tools for rapid healing
Open source free energy tech
Old 12-02-2009, 01:49 AM   #342
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Excellent info Night Light .
Thank you for sharing and thank you for giving some leads to Ascended Starseed as well.
I am gratefull for your contribution here.

Love from me
mudra
Old 12-02-2009, 04:38 AM   #343
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Thx Mudra!

K so my team and I have come up with some amazing things, and I intend to share my knowledge. For the first installment, I would like to refer you to an article I wrote about green-building techniques and technologies. In it you will be introduced to what I believe to be THE BEST WAY TO BUILD: Stabilized Compressed Earth Bricks/Blocks!
To give you a taste before you click the link, here are JUST SOME OF THE ADVANTAGES:

Strength: The blocks are strong! CEB can have a compressive strength as high as 2,000 pounds per square inch. Blocks with compressive strengths of 1,200 to 1,400 p.s.i. are common.

Thermal advantages: Due to the enormous mass - these are monolithic walls - CEB has excellent thermal performance, reducing heating and cooling costs.

Non-toxic: materials are completely natural and do not out-gas toxic chemicals (like concrete and many other modern building materials)

Sound resistant: an important feature in high-density neighborhoods, residential areas adjacent to industrial zones

Fire resistant: earthen walls do not burn

Insect resistant: the walls are solid and very dense, discouraging insects

Mold resistant: there is no cellulose material - such as in wood or drywall

ARTICLE LINK

Soon to come:
Agriculture (Terra-Preta!)
Tools for rapid healing
Open source free energy tech

In my travels I found myself at tea in a home in Nairobi. It was stucco'd on the outside and I happened to notice a spot where the stucco had chipped off and was surprised to see packed earth.

I can see that one could also create floating foundation blocks, or decking piers if the bricks hold together as well as concrete does. Do you use regular mortar?

It's past my bedtime and I'm getting a picture of pre-fab homes using packed and/or extruded earthen building materials and modules. It works in Africa, but will it work in Toronto?

cheers!
Gnosis
Old 12-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #344
Night Light
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Gnosis,

The technique done in Nairobi could have been a multitude of things. It could be CEB but it could also be rammed earth or adobe.

Truth be told, I have not personally seen or tested a stabilized compressed earth brick. Since there are many different potential stabilizers it is tough to verify an average or uniform strength. Also imprtant to note is that the soil clay sand mixture that makes up the bricks must be within a certain mixture zone, otherwise the brick can be comprimised.

At the same time of course, a brick that is ok in Africa may not be ok in Toronto. This however does not mean it cant work in Toronto. With experimentation, I expect that you could get away with using SCEB in most areas of the world. What is important is that no water sits and stays in contact with the brick. They are water resistant not water proof.

I'm not sure what you are talking about as far as pre-fab... Perhaps you just need some sleep?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
In my travels I found myself at tea in a home in Nairobi. It was stucco'd on the outside and I happened to notice a spot where the stucco had chipped off and was surprised to see packed earth.

I can see that one could also create floating foundation blocks, or decking piers if the bricks hold together as well as concrete does. Do you use regular mortar?

It's past my bedtime and I'm getting a picture of pre-fab homes using packed and/or extruded earthen building materials and modules. It works in Africa, but will it work in Toronto?

cheers!
Gnosis
Old 12-03-2009, 02:24 AM   #345
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Speaking of rammed earth, this site puts out a good argument for this as a building material: http://www.rammedearth.ca/

Quote:
Hi Gnosis,

The technique done in Nairobi could have been a multitude of things. It could be CEB but it could also be rammed earth or adobe.

Truth be told, I have not personally seen or tested a stabilized compressed earth brick. Since there are many different potential stabilizers it is tough to verify an average or uniform strength. Also imprtant to note is that the soil clay sand mixture that makes up the bricks must be within a certain mixture zone, otherwise the brick can be comprimised.

At the same time of course, a brick that is ok in Africa may not be ok in Toronto. This however does not mean it cant work in Toronto. With experimentation, I expect that you could get away with using SCEB in most areas of the world. What is important is that no water sits and stays in contact with the brick. They are water resistant not water proof.

I'm not sure what you are talking about as far as pre-fab... Perhaps you just need some sleep?..
Old 12-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #346
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Hi,

It's be a while since I've posted any news on our community activities. There's been a lot of activities, so here's a quick update:

1. Presently we have a core group of 3 working full time involved in the community development activities.

2. We've been involved with discussions with the local town municipality as part of the process to obtain a building permit to start construction in the spring when the snow melts. We will need the town council to approve the project, so this process will take some time, as the council will not reconvene until after the holidays.

3. We went to the first conference on Quebec eco-communities where Diane Leafe Christian was the keynote speaker and the event also marked the first directory for such communities in Canada. There were from 175-200 participants present and the energies were very good. The overall impression was that there are a lot of local interest in eco-communities, but that the whole movement is in the early stages and there is a lot of work to be recognized to help such communities to be created (political and municipal recognition for such structures). Most of the people there were not so focused on the 2012 issues, but we got some interest from some people to join our community and have a follow up interview this weekend. Also the organisers want to form an inter-community group and we have expressed our interest to participate.

4. As far as promoting and recruiting members, we have placed our community information in a number of directories, and have got queries internationally from Europe and elsewhere, as well from some people we met from the Edgar Cayce conference last summer and local friends. i got a request to present 2012 information (as a result of the movie 2012 buzz) and possibly a follow up talk on preparation at my previous employer.

5. We are also working on our website. It has been delayed by the other activities, but we are making progress on it.

6. Just as a note of interest to a lot of people on this forum, i'm aware of a local developed product that will be coming out next year that will provide an unlimited source of energy via cold fusion.

7. There has been much synchronistic experiences that we've had, from getting tickets to the above conference after it was sold out, to meeting the proper people that have contributed to helping the community creation effort. It's really amazing to see so much local interest for community creation in this province.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:24 AM   #347
Sideshow Shaman
Avalon Senior Member

A few things in relation to radiant zones... first, the term seems to be gaining usage around the 'net.

Thanks to Night Light for the info about Compressed Earth Bricks. It has been forwarded to a researcher working on the next Zeitgeist addendum.

It appears that Trace the Circle has gone dark, in the internet sense. The website says, " Welcome to Trace the Circle, The Community is Now Closed". So I guess the community has a population now. Seems strange that there is no real status update. Also seems odd that the websites forum is no longer even readable by the public and forum registration is closed too. Pretty much total info lockdown... Anyway hope to hear what's going on over there sometime. The "proposal" posted on Avalon should probably be removed.

Now on to my main reason for posting on this thread. I've recently spent a couple months living in an urban community with over 30 people.

It's basically run on a room rental model but people that live there are expected to participate making the house work. The formal structure of the group is still being established. There is an informal (imperfect) consensus process in place that runs long term operations.

So much of the "radiant zone" ideas have been about building new physical structures out in the countryside. It would seem even more mindful to use existing structures to house communities. Population centers are natural gathering places for 'underground' communities. And some people, like myself, even prefer living in cities.

Actually finding such a place and being there was a fairly intense experience. I should probably reread this whole thread but it seemed like most of the issues presented here did not arise in day to day life. The main issues seemed the same as in "normal" life, paying the rent & gathering food, with a sprinkling of interpersonal conflict on top. The solutions to these were perhaps radical by some standards but were simply products of the personalities gathered together. It was not a place with formal policies for every occasion, it was a place filled with caring, knowledgeable, creative, but also flawed, people.

Now if I can just get rid of my small amount of debt, i will move back there. Any questions about this existing community are welcome.
Sideshow Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #348
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Sideshow Shaman,

That's an interesting experience. As far as questions, I was wondering if that setup attracted mostly single people? Were there couples/ kids?

The reason why the country setting was considered in this thread is the expected food shortage foreseen in the near future. This is problematic in an urban setting.

/NS
Old 12-22-2009, 04:24 PM   #349
Sideshow Shaman
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Northern,
Yes, the residents were almost entirely single people. There were also some individuals that just stayed briefly then moved on. Of course everyone had to be invited or cleared through the housing board. This was a lot different than the typical communal setting of families homesteading, which I experienced in the 70s.

As for food... ever try dumpstering? There is currently enough planned obsolescence built in to food delivery systems (grocery stores) to feed large quantities of people. While it's true that a major catastrophy would break the supply chain, current supplies are abundant. Short of a truly massive disturbance, the dumpsters will continue to be stocked

A friend of mine is getting pretty deep into urban growing/hydroponics, but that does require an initial investment. Would like to see that explored more.

Also, being single and having purged the usual societal attachments, my life attitude is more like living in a beach town that gets blown away every 3 years. That is, do not possess anything you cannot walk away from. This allows me to not worry as much (at all?) about 'big future disasters' as I am confident in my ability to move during those situations.

As a child i lived in the middle-of-nowhere countryside and still think it is a great place to be a kid. However, I have been looking for a communal living situation because (in part) my life became isolating. So, for me, the inner city setting is preferred.
Sideshow Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:45 AM   #350
Night Light
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Shaman View Post
A few things in relation to radiant zones... first, the term seems to be gaining usage around the 'net.

Thanks to Night Light for the info about Compressed Earth Bricks. It has been forwarded to a researcher working on the next Zeitgeist addendum.

So much of the "radiant zone" ideas have been about building new physical structures out in the countryside. It would seem even more mindful to use existing structures to house communities. Population centers are natural gathering places for 'underground' communities. And some people, like myself, even prefer living in cities.

Now if I can just get rid of my small amount of debt, i will move back there. Any questions about this existing community are welcome.
Hi SS,

As a former member of The Zeitgeist Movement, I'd like to know who the info was forwarded to. I was the primary organizer of Seattle's Z-Day 2009, which to the best of my knowledge was the 2nd largest event in the US, just behind the main event. I explain why I no longer consider myself part of TZM in the about me article at www.TheQuantumU.com

I have no qualm whatsoever with the sharing of the info of course, I simply desire to know who you refer to, as I could potentially supply more info. I have not followed Peter Joseph's words lately but I recall being told that the next film was going to focus on suppressed and emergent technologies, of which I know a bit about.

Re: 'urban radiant zones'

First off, I consider myself a city boy who thrives in urban environments-
but- In my view it is impossible to call an urban area a radiant zone at this time(particularly in the US). Sure, you can create pockets of 'radiance', and I fully believe that running for the hills is a copout not an solution, but lets think about some potential scenarios...

-The economy collapses bringing a stop to the flow of goods, the dollar's value plummets making American buying power essentially non-existent. The moment this happens, you soon see ALL food supplies exhausted leaving little more than crumbs for massive populations. People have to create new ways of survival, because their jobs (if they are lucky to still have them) are no longer able to pay them the money they so desparately need to put food in their mouth. Such a scenario could easily give way to chaos, but less so in areas that are able to completely self sustain, at the very least, by producing their own food and water. Cities, as they are designed up to now, are incapable of supporting large populations without complete reliance on outside sources of food and water.

-I am not a doomsayer, but IF martial law were to be enforced, the last place I would want to be is anywhere near a city, or even a railroad for that matter. If I were in the city, and SHTF, I would hope to be able to make it to rural areas asap. I have never been in an evacuation scenario, but I have been in rush hour traffic, and I can say that when large numbers of people are on the roads, it becomes nearly impossible to travel. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if utter pandimonium erupted at the slightest hint of trouble. Desparation and fear can drive ordinary people to do ugly things for self preservation.

-Say you are smart and set up a comprehensive plan to prepare for any potential problems at a personal level. Say your friends down the street weren't so smart, leaving the burden on you to either share or refuse to help out of concern for your own survival. More importantly, what if some sad and lost soul decides that since you are a 'have', and they are a 'have-not', it is acceptable to even the odds through violence?

-Even if the above problems are not encountered, a radiant zone can hardly be called such in areas of large amounts of polution(i.e. industrial zones, airports and cities). Indeed there will soon be an intense global campaign to put an end to future pollution, in fact the techniques already exist, just waiting to be accepted and implemented. What few realize is that a large majority of our building materials are toxic, and release poisons over time. On top of that, our old ways of inefficiency and planned obselescence(driven by personal profit motive) have rendered our buildings and various infrastructures obsolete at best, dangerous at worst. My point here is that building new structures(and infrastructures) rather than utilizing existing ones in fact makes more sense. I have had this debate with many people while in the Zeitgeist Movement. It is not wise in my opinion to build on top of the old. If I were to rebuild a tower at Piza so that it no longer leans, would anyone think it wise of me if were to use the existing foundation below the current leaning tower? I think not.

It is our mission to co-create a new and harmonious paradigm in respect to all aspects of our human existence. A multi-faceted challenge deserves a multi-faceted solution, and I am personally planning on being city bound for as long as I can, because that is where I am most effective in reaching people.

I think that what people do everywhere to altruistically help their neighbors, friends, AND foes (no matter where they are physically), will be the deciding factor in the outcome of what is happening, here(USA) and everywhere.

Regarding your debt, my friend, I implore you to not let it stop you from doing what you have to do. Especially if the debt is to a creditor. When all this blows over I HIGHLY doubt it will be relevant.

With respect and humble gratitude,
NL