Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-29-2008, 02:10 PM   #51
SplatPantZ

Default Re: Are people losing interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenog View Post
There is much wisdom here and I am excited not to be walking alone on this path.
Guy
There are many that walk with you seeking enlightenment.
Lets hope everybody here gets some help in one form or another.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #52
David
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
This is Indian Summer for some and many people who I'm aware of are not posting because they are putting time in getting ready for winter. In addition, this is a time of evening and weekend classes, fundraisers, school activities and events and gearing up for an election. People's lives are busy and quite a few have been working on their preparation lists and networking (actually meeting with fellow Avalonians). Fewer posters generally means busy people. This past weekend was the beginning of daylight savings and I suspect a lot of folks were taking advanage of the light and getting outdoor activities taken care of as well.

Losing interest? More like interest becoming more focused and working toward self-sustainability which is time consuming.

These past two weekends I spent in an aquaponics training with 90 people ready to put up both family and commercial systems. We met again tonight to form a Coop of farmers with aquaponics produce. This was a planning meeting. What is happening now with a number of people is that this is the time to network and start working together toward a common goal and larger purpose.

All of us are so busy researching and learning about our next step that internet activity has dropped way down.

People losing interest? I think not. Rather people's interest is growing into another level of manifestation.

Exactly.

For me, I have been busy keeping my business afloat in this economy. I already put together survival gear last month and now learning hydroponics. Not to mention the time I volunteer to the cub scouts and my own hobbies.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:25 PM   #53
Norval
Banned

Many possible reasons.
A couple probable reasons.
I would have to say, "Look within."
Norval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #54
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenog View Post
I will also be the first to say I do not post very much. The reason being is I have nothing to add concerning some of the issues being discussed at the time. On several occassions I have hit the reply button, typed a message, and then said, no, not just yet.
man you have no idea how many times I have written a reply and then killed it.

Some of these replies have been long and with alot of links too

It is usually when I find myself being argumentative, wanting to correct someone or just shine a light on a new point of view that could come across as arrogant, or I find that it just doesn't really add to the thread enough.

so I kill it

happens about 1 out of every 3 posts I write

I lurk about 80% of the time
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #55
Skylark
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbolon View Post

I do believe that people instinctively know that what they read here is valuable, but the words simply do not reach their hearts and propel them into action. It seems just a cerebral exercise and like most exercises will have a lifespan.
Which also makes the point that Avalon is tending a lot to become a talking shop rather than a doing shop.

The idea was to meet people, quite urgently, of like minds, who know whats up, or some of it, and plan for possible catastrophic events which may wipe out most of the people on the Earth.

Tomorrow morning the crazy murderous madmen who are our problem could start a nuclear war. It's possible. The first 5 mins could see EMP's detonate which would cease all electronic communications everywhere. It's possible.

What will be the course of action then? You will neither be able to read the doom and gloom on Avalon or arrange to meet people off Avalon.
People may be losing interest in sitting digesting doom and gloom at their pc or laptop. If you are one of those people then my suggestion to you is this: Make friends, arrange to meet them, go out and meet. It is very depressing reading all this stuff and wondering what the hell is happening in your head, then reaching a quiet point , lull, such as the current one and possibly losing interest, thinking you had a momentary lapse into madness. Sorry, but you haven't. If you have woken up then its silly to fall back asleep. Go meet people, its refreshing to talk in person, and will give you the boost you may need to counter the D and G. Don't sit and complain about the people who's posts you don't agree with, arrange to meet the ones whose posts you DO agree with.

As Symbalon said, this is a cerebral exercise and that has a lifespan, it needs to be followed through to a physical exercise!
Skylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:55 PM   #56
Sir-Chi
Avalon Senior Member

yeah .... i co-created a site www.IndigoRising.net back in 01 and for years it get hot and cold. But interesting enough is that there are people there that have been there since day one and i have such a deep connection to them now even though we never met in person i feel like i've known them forever and can really trust them too!

So i suspect that after a while everyone here will find their place with this cyber community and it will take a deeper meaning.

Anyone making predictions is just plain silly. Only GOD knows when!!

To a rise in consciousness
with much,
love, light and laughter
SC
Sir-Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:58 PM   #57
R.Z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norval View Post
I would have to say, "Look within."
Well said - and from my own perspective:
it's Frustration more than a Loss of Interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
The idea was to meet people, quite urgently, of like minds ...
That's my biggest disappointment:
Frustration with people's unwillingness to get out from behind their keyboards to meet face to face.

Followed closely by the not-so-unexpected:
Frustration with the amount of blatant disinformation spread by those who are determined to maintain the current paradigm.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:09 PM   #58
Skylark
Avalon Senior Member

Do you guys think as well that its been a sort of outpouring period where all of us threw our thoughts into Avalon and unloaded in the search for answers? Even if not posting, just lurking but still there.
And to be fair we can't search for solutions without discussing the probs... but without letting this become a conspiracy forum, that's definitely not the idea
Old 10-29-2008, 03:17 PM   #59
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

Wow what a response to this thread!!

I have one genuine plea here - to all who have posted and all who have read.

For those who feel that they are "further informed or further enlightened" please do not try and belittle or ridicule those who are just discovering their own personal journey.

For me personally i LOVE to read the posts of people from all walks of life and all situations and all stages of development - i TRULY love it!!! I celebrate the fact that we as HUMANS are all different and i love them all the same as i love all m y own children equally but differently if you know what i mean!!

Sometimes i do get the feeling that there is almost a "highbrow" ecahlon appearing on here that feels the need to tell others what is "nonsense" or "False" to post.

Well to those i ask this question - what mainstream news corporation would publish YOUR thoughts as fact or valid??? Where is the PROOF in what much on PC or PA is virtually "quoted" as being the RIGHT way to think and thereby giving the smugness to tell others they have quoted or posted somthing WITHOUT PROOF.

This is not an attack on anyone at all - merely a request to show more tolerance to all - after all i thought that was what this whole forum was about. Please try and remember that not everyone on this forum has had a middle class white western upbringing for starters!!

I wont name names here - but i can be certain (in my own humble opinion) we have lots to learn from those NOT so prolific posters who have actually lived thru a life of huge turmoil and chaos within the last 20 years. I'm sure they have a LOT more to say about how to survive and what the reality will be like given half the chance!!

I'm all for spiritual ascension too - but i dont think it will be just a case of "wishing" yourself away - i'm sure there will be a testing time for all of us - for no other reason than we are ALL here at this very time - and we all have a part to play.

I mentioned somewhere else that what may be a random post for one person - may just be the "awakening" for another.

This may be our last chance to truly "share" what we are feeling, seeing, hearing across the globe freely before we all get "censored" - so please please dont try and shut down any voice on here because it doesnt "gel" with you personally.

I for one want to hear from you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUMANITY I LOVE YOU!!!!!!
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #60
Suriel

Wink Re: Are people losing interest?

Many members enjoy conflict, drama, and conspiracy.
When things begin to calm down, it is usually a sign of peace.
Of course others that love that doom addiction say, "No. It is the calm before the storm."

But remember, everyone has an agenda.
If those needs are not fulfilled, they go elsewhere.
Avalon is a community forum that should be focusing on the future.
If you need new topics then discuss how you would like to create our future.

Bring new ideas for the Avalon community.
Share technological research. Share your spirituality.
Give us wisdom.
Teach us to learn and grow together in a new age that is coming.

I know that the gloom and doom fix is not being fulfilled for some of you.
But, this is why there are other forums that dwell in these topics.
And if you simply have run out of things to talk about, then take a break for a while. It is okay to rest.
Your inspiration comes from within.

Peace,
Suriel
Old 10-29-2008, 03:22 PM   #61
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

lots of people perhaps are getting ready sorting out their groups and meeting in the flesh with real ideas.. we all know its coming soon.. earth changes, war, famine, gmo food, ect ect.. its just a case of when and all we can do is trawl through the bits of info and make personal decisions based on these tid bits.. i dont work so i spend all day researching online before it goes to internet 2..others are not so lucky.. they have to work in the beast system.. so if they are planning and getting equipment and supplies plus meeting then they have less time to go online..
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #62
Steve_G

Personally I found myself getting sucked in to the predictions of doom and gloom. It's my own fault (or my own lesson) and I found myself indulging in ego based arguments and generally being ruled by fear. Must rush out and buy food, must buy this, must organise that, before the nukes/tsunamis/earthquakes/aliens wipe us out. I found it counter-productive and it didn't serve me wll spiritually. On the other hand it WAS an important learning experience for me.

When the forum first opened there was a real optimism about the place, a real feelgood factor. That seemed to evaporate as soon as parts were locked down, and I don't think it's ever really come back. This isn't intended as criticism, just an observation. Since then the general feel of the board has gone down, and a lot more distrust has filtered in. For all the talk of forming communities and meeting face to face it just isn't happening, at least not in my area. I tried to take the first step of setting up an email list for the East Midlands and only got two names.

I've been thinking about this a lot and come to the conclusion that I already have my ground crew. They are people I already know, who have varying degrees of knowledge about what's happening and I would trust any of them with my life. More importantly it's made me realise that the first person I need to rely on is me.

I don't know what is coming or when, but if I'm not spiritually 'right' when it does then my chances are slim to zero. What will be, will be, and I'll either survive by being in the right place with the right people or I'll climb out of this 3D spacesuit and explore what comes next (again.) To me the most important preparation is spiritual because it's the ONLY thing I can work on that is guaranteed to serve me well when and if the **** hits the fan.

So now I visit less frequently and say less while I'm here. As others have said, I also find my thoughts are usually posted already and since I've taken a step back I've cancelled many posts that would fall into the category of ego-based. That's much better for all concerned.

Blessings to all
Old 10-29-2008, 04:25 PM   #63
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve View Post
I mentioned somewhere else that what may be a random post for one person - may just be the "awakening" for another.

This may be our last chance to truly "share" what we are feeling, seeing, hearing across the globe freely before we all get "censored" - so please please dont try and shut down any voice on here because it doesnt "gel" with you personally.

I for one want to hear from you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUMANITY I LOVE YOU!!!!!!
Genevieve is wise!

I totally resonate with your thinking

awesome

peace
Old 10-29-2008, 04:46 PM   #64
MyShadow
Avalon Senior Member

Not so much a loss of interest, just waiting for the expansion and maturity of members so we can have more insightful exchanges on this board. Which I find interesting that those here in this thread are doing very well! First time in a long time.

Not trying to generalize or criticize but the first few months of activity on this board was alot of:

- my truth should be your truth and let me tell you why

- your truth is wrong, let me attack you so I can justify to myself my truth

- provide evidence of your truth to me and I'll think about it

- good vs. evil, isn't this drama cool and exciting? Let me fuel it, I'm bored.

- love and light, oneness, ideology will save us, line up with me and my stuff

- prophecy hysteria, the dogma of being dis-proved, projecting stories

- fear is entertainment, lets celebrate, you with me?

.... and so on.

Many of us are way beyond this circular dialogue. It does serve a purpose on the path of one's expansion, so don't hear this as a criticism towards those engaged on these levels - just an observation normal in a public forum.

I was initially attracted to Avalon as I felt that the energy from the initial intention was a step beyond the habitual-think and dogma of the culture-consciouness. I guess I'm on the sidelines waiting for it to rise up a few levels and would then jump right in.
MyShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #65
Allie
Avalon Senior Member

Really interesting points

I'm not sure others always ridicule or speak from a lofty height - not if you take the view that there isn't a 'right' or a 'wrong' - there's only an opinion. To which we are all entitled

Perhaps people gravitate towards threads which suit their current position?

In respect of 'action', I'm wondering if different people are here (planet Earth) at this time for very different reasons? Perhaps there are some who will go to form communities; perhaps there are others who feel they can't really leave others if they are in distress - maybe they aren't meant to 'survive', but to help.

I've had the option to join a community but its mindset and aims are so different to mine that it just wouldn't work - and there's not much point in that. I know of others who are considering creating a community but can't find enough like-minded people who resonate with their aims/goals - and that is a really important aspect of any community. I've spoken to others who say they would prepare - but with all the various theories and beliefs around, they haven't a clue what they're preparing for! Even if you take the view that we're all going to hell in a handcart, there are still so many different scenarios that require a totally different type of preparation.

I'm probably in agreement with Sunrunner - working on your own balance is perhaps more valuable as a first step
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:26 PM   #66
yikes!
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrunner View Post
Personally I found myself getting sucked in to the predictions of doom and gloom. It's my own fault (or my own lesson) and I found myself indulging in ego based arguments and generally being ruled by fear. Must rush out and buy food, must buy this, must organise that, before the nukes/tsunamis/earthquakes/aliens wipe us out. I found it counter-productive and it didn't serve me wll spiritually. On the other hand it WAS an important learning experience for me.

When the forum first opened there was a real optimism about the place, a real feelgood factor. That seemed to evaporate as soon as parts were locked down, and I don't think it's ever really come back. This isn't intended as criticism, just an observation. Since then the general feel of the board has gone down, and a lot more distrust has filtered in. For all the talk of forming communities and meeting face to face it just isn't happening, at least not in my area. I tried to take the first step of setting up an email list for the East Midlands and only got two names.

I've been thinking about this a lot and come to the conclusion that I already have my ground crew. They are people I already know, who have varying degrees of knowledge about what's happening and I would trust any of them with my life. More importantly it's made me realise that the first person I need to rely on is me.

I don't know what is coming or when, but if I'm not spiritually 'right' when it does then my chances are slim to zero. What will be, will be, and I'll either survive by being in the right place with the right people or I'll climb out of this 3D spacesuit and explore what comes next (again.) To me the most important preparation is spiritual because it's the ONLY thing I can work on that is guaranteed to serve me well when and if the **** hits the fan.

So now I visit less frequently and say less while I'm here. As others have said, I also find my thoughts are usually posted already and since I've taken a step back I've cancelled many posts that would fall into the category of ego-based. That's much better for all concerned.

Blessings to all
Excellent Post.

I check this site several times a day, rarely post.

I am a father of three small kids, I have their best interest at heart first. I want to be in the know, but I also want to have ignorance is bliss.

PC started attaching dates to things, and some of them started coming true, the credibility factor increased big time. This website had these ground crew guys posting like St. Claire and Henry Deacon and John Lear and then they all dissapeared. I have to seek these guys out on other forums, but the energy was defintely zapped from the lockdown. Noone of us like to see censorship even if it had its reasons.

Even Bill and Kerry disappeared for weeks no one hearing from them, their website floundering.

This in the middle of some very dire predictions that came in through some of their key folks, visions of doom and gloom, Miriam and company.

The initial set of predictions came true, we were all waiting as Elvis Costello puts it on the excellent My Aim is True album "Waiting for the end of the world", or Graham Parker off the * * * * * album "squeezing out sparks" we are "waiting for the ufos".

I don't know what we are waiting for to be honest. I do know that things are screwed up, and people of this planet are kind of nuts.

Then I also know that there are a lot of us, right here right now with huge purpose. We are the beacon of light in the darkest moments before the dawn.

I have very little to offer in posting other than good vibrations, but I will keep coming here hoping that someone "in the know" validated by the trustworthy Bill and Kerry and friends maybe give us a heads up that we needed as they did before this sept/oct economic crash.

That's only money, the heads up we all need is saving lives.

This is a very small community, and I hope people keep posting, keep valdiating and keep their BS meters on full activation so we can all help each other detect the **** from the **** hitting the fan.
yikes! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #67
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Maybe people start waking up, come here and read something that scares them so they hit the snooze button
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #68
Skylark
Avalon Senior Member

yeah Genevieve, cheers to that thought!

Sunrunner you make an great point there about your ground crew. I think along that line too, there are loads of people I know who live where I grew up and are great people. They don't know what is about to happen but they do know something is up. And when/if a big change comes about they will be the main ones I will be with and try to explain what I can to them.
I plan to stay at home with my family and among these people and weather whatever may happen from there, and to that end I've been getting home as often as I can and preparing what I can. I want to be with and protect and help my family and friends and I think that spiritually that is for me the best thing.

I've met ground crew from nearby and we've discussed using the places near my home as our place, a rough plan is forming.
I think a lot of people though are still waiting for the definitive 'proof' before acting, and this is maybe some of the reason for a bit of cynicism against witness etc appearing, people getting all caught up in the flurry of events and expected events lately then calling foul cos nothing has happened.
Its good that nothing has happened. Long may it last. I really do think this is the calm before a storm though as people I meet from very varied backgrounds are all talking of something being in the air so to speak.
There's lots of proof, but tooooo much debating about it. if we all thought everything was fine we'd all be on facebook, so we need IMO to listen to the intuition that brought us here and make preparations of whatever type we feel is right, just in case. Which, to get back to the question posed in this thread title, is where i think a lot of the regular posters are spending their time. More prep, less post.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #69
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi gwangsun,

I don't think people are losing interest in the forum. If that was the case, people would be leaving the forum, but the opposite is true.

I could understand that after the speight of some interviews that were posted and that a certain calm, albeit temporary, seems to have come across the financial markets and the expectations of the elections in the US (where the majority of members of this forum are from), there seems to be less posting. However, once again the opposite is true.

The number of visits to the site and number of posts has been steadily increasing, however I would admit that the subject of the postings has, to a certain degree, moved accross from politics and economy to spirituality, but spirituality is one of the central themes of the forum.

One could be forgiven to think that the number of posts had dwindled, if the posts submitted were not of ones interest. For example, I like to post about the economy, but as the economy is not making too many headlines, I will not be commenting too much on the economy, nor try and make comments about something that is not in my field.

I see also that you personally posted 10 times since September. I would suggest that even with your limited numer of posts, you can't have lost interest, otherwise you would not be here to read my reply, nor have taken the trouble of posting the question of this thread in the first place. You would have simply gone off to another site...

Things not happening and we don't know why... it's for us to find out! We can't sit and wait for the information, we need to search for it and share it.
Important information has been posted in the forum, like the secret meeting of the Russian and US military in Finland, or the second 'stimulous' package that the US government is wanting to shore up the markets, or the bullion that is being secretly shipped around between certain countries and the scrapped invasion of Iran and the fighting in Syria.... it goes on, and all that information is in these forums, posted by real, concerned, likeminded people, very much like yourself and me.

As for monitoring what is being keystroked, that's a given. We've been monitored on the web for years. That's why when we make a search on Google about 'cars', in every site we go there are banner adertisements for cars and related products everywhere. Gen up on cookies, keyloggers, trojans etc. You will find that this has been going on for years. Nothing new.

Enjoy your time here. Help the others whenever you can.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwangsun View Post
I noticed over the past couple of days less and less posting and people logged into Project Avalon forums. What could be causing this?

I have noticed though alot of threads forecasting possible events that lately have not been turning out. I figure it could be one of two possibilities

1. Things are just not happening for various reasons we don't know.
or
2. The PTB are monitoring whats being spoken about on the net and are making sure events are not easily predicted and are purposely manipulating things so that those who are trying to foretell lose credibility.

What do you think?
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:39 PM   #70
vettman
Avalon Senior Member

It's just like everything else...Once the new wears off, people move on.

Once the novelty wears off, people's interest wanes.

Also, when it comes to blogs and forums, as always seems the case, after awhile it becomes a viscous repeating cycle of never ending re-hashing of the same 'ol subjects until the end result is no longer open and honest productive discussion, but that of petty spell checking and attacks on other people's perspective.

I have yet to see a single forum that does not end up in this position. Because 99.99% of the people in this world operate 99.99% of the time from ego and not from a space of infinite love (I too am included in those numbers...to not recognize that is egomanical), the results are very predictable:

Ego must always defend itself. Ego must always win. Ego wants, wants, wants, and always wants for more, and when it finally gets what it wants, it's never satisfied and still wants for more. Ego does not want to recognize any other ego(s), because it takes the attention away from it.

Ego is VERY predictable, thus people's behaviour is VERY predictable. Ego has the maturity level of a teenager, thus our world, being run by egomaniacs, is essentially being run by a bunch of Jr. High School-- maybe High School, mentality individuals. And if you think about that one for one second, you'd be hard pressed to disagree. However, you are entitled to do so ;-) Am I being pessimistic? Only ego would care what you happen to think, as a defense mechanism (ego must always defend itself). I am simply stating what I see, and I see this pattern in everything. Why? Because this world, our society, our religions, every thinking moment (because non-ego doesn't think, it already "knows") is controlled by ego. Once again, all ego is the same...thus all results will be the same. As Einstein said..."you cannot solve a problem with the same level of consciousness that created the problem." We are using ego to try and solve this mess and ego is the one that has gotten us into it. If we keep up this approach, it will never work!
vettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:47 PM   #71
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

personally I think all the fighting and major attacks on belief systems has made many people too wary to even post

I get alot of PMs of poeple wanting info on issues but are just too afraid to post because they lack the confidence to take on the negative feedback that seems to always come with it, I am not speculating....this is what they tell me!

we have a problem here at Avalon/Camelot

we have alot of poeple who really think they have a clue to what is happening concerning this genre of information, how is that even possible, really?

can we not tell by all the contradiction in what appears to be valid testimony that no one...not even the insiders have even a major chunk of the big picture correct for sure 100%

we all are dancing on the tip of the iceberg here, some of us arrogant enough the believe that the part of the iceberg we see is all there is, and is then used to judge information coming from the rest of the iceberg because we think we have a good handle on things

yet just like NASA every new bit of info shocks us and we mumble "I had no idea" or we immediately label it as disinformation and lies when we really have no proof whatsoever

Well folks...I have no idea, and I am pretty sure none of you do either, it would be refreshing to see that mirrored in our conversations instead of accusation and argumentation along with the arrogance that accompanies it.

I sometimes feel that all the information that I know is just a primer to actually start to understand the real juicy information that will be revealed to us slowly.

why slowly?....look at us, we can barely function without damning each other for our differences instead of concentrating on our similarities, and we are the self named cream de la creme of a sleeping society.

bah!...bad mood I guess

peace

Last edited by Heretic; 10-29-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:51 PM   #72
David
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
why slowly?....look at us, we can barely function without damning each other for our differences instead of concentrating on our similarities, and we are the self named cream de la creme of a sleeping society.
peace

Finally, a voice of reason. Good post.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:58 PM   #73
Reveling John
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: Are people losing interest?

I think this is all par for the course. The process of waking is one of continuous humility, reflection and revelation. It's up to those who are arrogant to humble themselves, and those who are afraid of the consequences of speaking out to face those consequence and step into their fear. I feel this is a perfect oppurtunity being presented to each of us and also to all of us as a whole. This community is STRONG. I FEEL Love here, inspite of me never having physically experienced a single being on this forum.

The challenges that we each percieve here are personal challenges for each of us to explore and process. This is the preparation that we've chosen to undertake just before things really start to spin. And they've already started.

So keep workin, keep Loving, keep experiencing, being, knowing, not knowing, loosing, finding, eating, wanting

Dreaming!

Great Love,
John
Reveling John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #74
ChooseYourLifeNow
Avalon Senior Member

I'm not a big poster myself, but I have been a little turned off lately with the sudden influx of bible-thumper's on the forum. In the last month in a half or so. I have been less interested in posting/reading posts because of the highly religious content. I'm simply not interested in convincing anyone of anything, and I have low tolerance for blind "Apocalypse" talk.

I think the bible has wonderful lessons in it, but I also feel that it has been horribly distorted, taken too literally, and must be blindly followed without question or you must suffer a terrible eternity. Believer's have been waiting for their Apocalypse, and in turn, co-creating a terrible future for the human race based on and generating fear.

A positive point about the sudden influx of the bible-thumpers is that they are coming to the forums. I'm glad for that! That means they are open-to and discussing new ideas with the people on this forum. That is great! My love for this world and it's inhabitants (you) has increase 100fold since I found this forum. I think it's just a matter of time before everyone else, despite their religious restraints, will feel the same way.

Love you all,

CYLNow
ChooseYourLifeNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:22 PM   #75
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

as the global situation worsens then peoples perceptions wil change with it. some will feel the need to let things be as they are. some will feel the need to do more preperation. avalon is an ideas and communities based site.. i thought it was to get people together to help each other with nuts and bolts. there is a spirituality section here for other matters. also camelot has opened up again to deal with ET ect.. i agree it appears to have turned slighly into atalking shop to argue for spiritual solutions only or practical only. this is understandable as things fall apart. it all boils down to the psycology of what you think will help you. ive spent 2000 on food and gear. it makes me feel better and i can proceed better wtih spiritual matters.. otheres will have different ways of dealing with stuff.. we have a 5 person ground crew with a nice mix of ideas.. its all good. it provides balance..

my perception is we are in for tough times and that hopefully god willing we can rebiuld a great future together after the mayhem..

Last edited by pineal-pilot-in merkabah; 10-29-2008 at 07:25 PM.
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote