Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:51 AM   #51
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Problem-solution?

I have a few million miles of experience... And, I used to play with those guyz

several years back... They All look the same.

Thank you, FIIISH... You did come here to Learn, and You have... That's all

that Really counts... I am protective of the Community... And, I try to help

where I Can... It's a little ' Tough with the gates wide open.' The Mods have their

hands full...

FIIISH impressions, always change upon education...

Sincerely,

Your friend,

Tango

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIIISH View Post
Lionhawk,

That was a great post with a viable solution to a very real problem.

I experienced the energy drain and recognized it for what it was
before it became a problem.

Lesson learned: Do not take the bait. Do not engage.

Thank you.

Tango,

Your instincts were correct - I can see that now.
It's interesting how impressions can change, isn't it?

TempestGarden,

We all have our moments. It helps me to remember that for every
person we have a negative opinion of, someone out there thinks the
world of them and vice-versa.

That being said, I feel it is necessary to distinguish between those
we don't agree with and those that are here with the intent to do harm. Doing so can be tricky.

Last edited by Tango; 12-16-2009 at 05:58 AM.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:36 AM   #52
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: We have a problem

vwery timely post Lionhawk, thanks...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:09 AM   #53
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

No, we dont have a problem, it´s in human nature arguin with each other, it´s in human nature to blame others of everything that happens except themselves, we dont need shills to make that happen, we are as stupid enough to seek for peace in a sea of storms. We should get used to be a storm and go along with that because a storm is a dynamic movement of electrical creative energies, not the thing to keep apart.
Leunamros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #54
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
To be fair....Bill Ryan a few days ago stepped into one of WS threads & asked him to behave.......but he has not done that. I tried to work with him & give him the space he asked for to tell his story, but that disintegrated into a slamming match with the other posters. So imho I think the mods are trying to not jump too quick on banning anyone, as they have been severely accused in the past of doing this. So they are caught between a rock & a hard place. But in this instance, all of our patience is being tested, & all of the posters have been extremely patient & respectful, only to be insulted in return.

My vote at this point, is the mods need to do something.
Safe guarding this place is a hell of a job and I don't see any mod around capabel of handling these safety issues every minute of the day and night.
Banning is no option as trolls know how to be here and do whatever they want whenever they want.
It requires high skilled IT people trained in online safety.

You would have to pay someone to do that because it is a 24/7 job.

Live with it as best as you can.

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #55
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Banning is no option as trolls know how to be here and do whatever they want whenever they want.
That's right - so when you see someone who is able to get in and do what they want, when they want -- but they DON'T (yet remain fair), that says a lot about the sincerity of the person who is labelled a "troll". ie: Are they really a troll?
TruthWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:22 PM   #56
Spregovori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Like using proxies and ip spoof?

Ban ip/domain (when justified) is always an option.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #57
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spregovori View Post
Like using proxies and ip spoof?

Ban ip/domain (when justified) is always an option.
Why do people always want to ban someone?
Old 12-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #58
GaiaLove
Avalon Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthWalker View Post
Why do people always want to ban someone?
Not one mod here wants to ban anyone. it is a last recourse for the greater good when all other options have failed.
GaiaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:30 PM   #59
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiaLove View Post
Not one mod here wants to ban anyone. it is a last recourse for the greater good when all other options have failed.
Not to mention utterly pointless.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:30 PM   #60
Sideshow Shaman
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
It can be a difficult thing to do, but the best response is none at all. Engaging the beast merely feeds it. Instead:
Mokusatsu: To kill with silence.

Don't give in to the temptation to participate in "Let's you and him fight!"

Forums are one of the best places to practice "polite silence".
1. You become part of the solution by not contributing.
2. The casual troll will quickly tire of the "sound of one hand clapping".
3. The determined ones will identify themselves that much faster.

Let it shake out, and it will,
Mokatsu is indeed the best response. However under the current forum arrangements it does not seem likely to be effective. With all the new members flooding in there will certainly be some that are not in control of themselves, incapable of "polite silence". Still, this will be my approach. The flat out obnoxious idiocy of the posts going around lately means that I should/will take a vacation from Avalon. Not that this will make much of an impact, I do not post very much anyway.

As an example of how TruthWalker/WarriorServant/Artsomthing/etc. is being unreasonable and unresponsive please examine my one interaction with this user, http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...410#post198410
reproduced here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorServant View Post
The only way to the Father is through Jesus Christ. Watering down that process to "just contact source" deletes Jesus from the process. We cannot communicate with "source" / God if we do not acknowledge Jesus and believe that Jesus came to earth and died for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Shaman View Post
First, I thank you for posting such in depth, personal information. This is the main reason I come to Avalon, to hear from others about their own experiences. It takes a lot of effort to start & stay with a thread as you have.

If the above quoted material is rephrased in personal terms, I believe much of the 'arguing' will disappear. For example, "The only way for me to reach the Father is through Jesus Christ..." or "I cannot communicate with "source" / God if I do not acknowledge Jesus and believe that Jesus came to earth and died for me."
Most of your writing is in terms of your experience but when coming to the "Jesus" theme, it suddenly turns to absolutes. I suggest this is what people are reacting too.

Welcome to Avalon, I look forward to reading more about your experiences as you are able to share them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorServant View Post
I will say what I believe -- and I believe that ALL people SHOULD be able to. People can take it on board, or they can reject it. I am not going to chase anyone up and down any streets if they reject what I say. I would appreciate it if you had any comment on the initial post, concerning my experiences -- because that's what the thread is about. If I mention anything about WHY I believe something, you are free to accept it or reject it, but I don't want the whole thread to take off on a tangent.

So here we have a typical exchange with WS. Apologies for the obsequiousness of my own post, i did not wish to trigger the wrath of WarriorServant. Note WSs inability to acknowledge any responsibility for how their words are perceived and the lack of any desire to change. The pretense that this user is here to do anything good should be apparently false by now. Repeated behavior shows that they are here solely to argue.

I would like to thank Tone3Jaguar for the old threads with new relevance. And to thank Brook for showing so much love to this new user that their spitefulness/argumentativeness is obvious to all. Liked Lionhawks input here as well...

Lastly, just to counteract a false meme, remember that banning is an option. There are capable IT people here in Avalon, asking for volunteers specifically for banning enforcement might be required.

Last edited by Sideshow Shaman; 12-16-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Sideshow Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote