Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 12:54 AM   #1
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow WHO chief: flu pandemic appears to be happening

WHO chief: flu pandemic appears to be happening

TUESDAY, JUNE 9, 2009

GENEVA (AP) - The head of the World Health Organization says the swine flu outbreak appears to have reached pandemic proportions.
WHO Director-General Margaret Chan says "on the surface of it" she believes a pandemic has been reached.
Chan says she will hold a conference call with governments Wednesday in order to verify some of the reports she has received before making a formal announcement.

She told reporters in Geneva on Tuesday that "Once I get indisputable evidence, I will make the announcement."
WHO says the virus has infected 26,563 people in 73 countries and caused 140 deaths. Most of the cases have been in North America but Europe and Australia have also seen a sharp increase in recent days
hat-tip Niman

Article: http://pandemicinformationnews.blogs...ars-to-be.html

'Very close to knowing' if swine flu at pandemic level: WHO

TUESDAY, JUNE 9, 2009

Situation in Canada's aboriginal communities of 'great concern,' WHO warns

The World Health Organization is moving closer to declaring a pandemic of swine flu but wants to avoid excessive panic surrounding such a declaration, the agency's top flu expert said Tuesday.

"One critical issue is we do not want people to 'over-panic' if they hear we are in a pandemic situation," Keiji ***uda, acting WHO assistant director-general, told a news conference in Geneva.

WHO is concerned about sustained spread of swine flu in countries such as Australia, which had 1,051 cases as of Monday.

To move its pandemic alert from the current Phase 5 to Phase 6 or a full-blown pandemic, the agency is looking for confirmed spread in the community in a second region outside of North America.

WHO worried about Canada's aboriginal communities

***uda noted the situation in Canada's aboriginal communities is of "great concern."

As of Monday, Canada had a total of 2,446 confirmed cases. Of these, the more severe cases are concentrated among people from northern and aboriginal communities, and those with underlying health conditions.

In Manitoba, for example, as of Sunday night, 26 people were in intensive care for swine flu and more than half of those were of aboriginal descent.

On Monday, Nunavut reported 19 new cases, raising the total in the territory to 25. So far, the Yukon has one confirmed case and the Northwest Territories has two.

It's not clear what factors might be causing more severe cases in northern and aboriginal communities.

Possibilities include:
Genetics.
Underlying chronic diseases such as Type 2 diabetes.
Poor living conditions like overcrowded housing and lack of running water.
There have been three deaths linked to swine flu in Canada so far.
WHO is concerned that vulnerable populations in South America and Africa could also be hit hard.

The number of deaths reported from swine flu worldwide has reached 140, and the number of cases has increased to 26,563 in 70 countries since the outbreak first appeared in Mexico in May.

"We are getting really very close to knowing that we are in a pandemic situation," ***uda said.
hat-tip Muscade

Article: http://pandemicinformationnews.blogs...ne-flu-at.html

MORE FLU REPORTS ~ UPDATED DAILY:

"THE HUMAN FLU" Bringing you all sides of the story.
http://theHumanFlu.com/

Last edited by peaceandlove; 06-10-2009 at 03:53 AM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:56 AM   #2
sleepingnomore

Default Re: WHO chief: flu pandemic appears to be happening

Thank you for the update!
Old 06-10-2009, 07:54 AM   #3
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceandlove View Post

The World Health Organization is moving closer to declaring a pandemic of swine flu but wants to avoid excessive panic surrounding such a declaration, the agency's top flu expert said Tuesday.

"One critical issue is we do not want people to 'over-panic' if they hear we are in a pandemic situation," Keiji ***uda, acting WHO assistant director-general, told a news conference in Geneva.
Over panic????
No chance of that, everyone I've spoken too doesn't understand the fuss
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Everything is quiet and fine on my timeline....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 47

11 June 2009 -- As of 14:00 GMT, 11 June 2009, 74 countries have officially reported 28,774 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection, including 144 deaths.

The breakdown of the number of laboratory-confirmed cases by country is given in the following table and map.

Map of the spread of Influenza A(H1N1): number of laboratory confirmed cases and deaths [png 202kb]
As of 14:00 GMT, 11 June 2009
Laboratory-confirmed cases of new influenza A(H1N1) as officially reported to WHO by States Parties to the International Health Regulations (2005)

SEE WORLDWIDE CHART: http://www.who.int/csr/don/2009_06_11/en/index.html

SOURCE: MORE FLU REPORTS ~ UPDATED DAILY:
"THE HUMAN FLU" Bringing you all sides of the story
. http://theHumanFlu.com/
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #6
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

swine flu seems to be like debt and paper money jut another illusion for us to belive in.. most people i speak to laugh it off and dont care.. i dont buy it either.. however i have prepared jsut in case this is the lul before the storm.. im still on the fence but cant hurt to be ready for self quarantining.

i also have mms to take immediatley incae i am forcefully vaccinated..
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #7
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Looks like they want to play the game. I'm ready let the fun begin
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #8
WiNaDeYo
Avalon Senior Member

I just heard on the Italian RAI2 TV that they've upped it to 6th level!
Will look for sources....

Here:

http://www.who.int/en/

Quote:
Influenza pandemic alert raised to phase 6
11 June 2009 -- On the basis of available evidence and expert assessments of the evidence, the scientific criteria for an influenza pandemic have been met. The Director-General of WHO has therefore decided to raise the level of influenza pandemic alert from phase 5 to phase 6. "The world is now at the start of the 2009 influenza pandemic," she said at a press conference today.
See Dr. Chan's Press statement:

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/.../en/index.html

See what phase 6 means:

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/swine.../en/index.html

Peace and Good Will!

Last edited by WiNaDeYo; 06-11-2009 at 07:03 PM.
WiNaDeYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #9
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

The pandemic announcement has now been made. What next?

This will be only the first step. Like I mentioned (http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=14551) there is a disconnect between WHO and CDC. And actually WHO is doing a faster more responsible job making information available to practitioners.

On the other hand the CDC is late in their updates (video online), and behind in what they report by at least 5 days and in some aspects more, which is deliberate.

On my blog I have documents and links to documents showing how the United States hid information from the public in the 1918 pandemic. ( you can access all the latest maps, reports,and info from my blog to the CDC, WHO, and Dr. Henry Niman's flu tracking project by clicking), as well as see protocols etc...

In the meantime, be prepared to act accordingly as we face a similar announcement coming from the CDC stateside. And as usual I will have my fingers on the pulse. In this last announcement I was only to give a one day warning but that is better than nothing. For this next one I will try to do better.

It would not surprise me to see the announcement made during the military terrorist training exercises scheduled to start July 27, 2009 across the nation. During that time if vaccines were mandated they would use the exercise to stop vehicles on the road and ask to see proof of the vaccination via the card they were given and told to carry when they got the vaccination. If they can't produce one.....well you figure out the rest....

Last edited by Waterman; 06-12-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote