Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > United States

Notices

Old 09-07-2008, 01:17 AM   #1
excelsior2331
Avalon Senior Member

Default Iowa

anyone in the oskaloosa area or south central iowa?
excelsior2331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:38 AM   #2
strayslack
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Iowa

I live in Macon, MO, about 120 miles from you. Greetings!
strayslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:26 AM   #3
EchosLament
Avalon Senior Member

I lived in SE Iowa for most of my life and live in NEMO right now, about 2 hours from you.
EchosLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:52 AM   #4
Toby
Avalon Senior Member

S/E Iowa here....
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:34 PM   #5
jonathan Burke
Avalon Senior Member

Let's get together!

I posted this on the KC and SE kansas threads. I live about an hour away from the Iowa border. I would like to get a Big group together asap. drop me a line!

I have a large office, a former large classroom with blackboards and Ballroom with full kitchen at my disposal for events if we need them.

I am very well versed on what's going on and very gung ho!

I posted in the SE Kansas Thread too so let's get the ball rolling and get together!

When do you want to get a meet up together? Should we set up something at www.meetups.com???

Jonathan
jonathan Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:01 PM   #6
jonathan Burke
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: Iowa

Ok, I'll act as the committee Chairman for the KC and surrounding area meetup this weekend. lol

Let's meet at 75th Street Brewery in Kansas City off of Wornall on , yes, 75th street!

I'll arrange for the private party room in the back so we can hear each other. lease let everyone you know that is interested. Time of the meeting will be 6:00 to 9:00ish PM, if it goes longer, great!

Bring your laptops if you have something to share. If anyone has a digital recorder with USB capability or camcorder and tripod to record the conversation, please let me know so we can post it for those who are unable to attend. Thank you.

Drop me a line here on the forum if you're bringing one to avoid multiple instances.

Leave a message on here if you are able to attend or if you're unable to attend. As well, what would be a convenient time in the future for you.

I really look forward to meeting you all!

Jonathan

Last edited by jonathan Burke; 09-27-2008 at 04:46 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:31 PM   #7
jonathan Burke
Avalon Senior Member

Due to the lack of response on a meeting of local and area group members I have decided to reschedule the meeting at the 75th Street Brewery in Kansas City to next Saturday, the 27th of September at 6PM.

Hope to see you there!

Jonathan
Old 09-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #8
Argante
Avalon Senior Member

Default Iowa

Please list all Iowa locations here.
Argante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #9
jonathan Burke
Avalon Senior Member

Hello all!

I want to take a moment to impress upon everyone the necessity of getting together this weekend. I'm sorry if I'm being "serious" here, but there is quite a heavy gravity to the situation right now. Anyone that knows me would tell you I am not a SERIOUS person at all. So please take me seriously here on a little analogy for the moment.

If the economy came to a screeching halt tomorrow before our meeting and everything went hell in a hand basket, where would you be?? No plans, no group to work with, nothing. You're on your own, right?

Second scenario, you come to the meeting, people meet each other, we codify some core issues, we have phone numbers, addresses, and starting plans galore.

Which situation sounds more confrontable???

There are only two ways you can be wrong in this physical universe of ours.

Over or under estimation of effort.

I would much rather overestimate the amount of effort in our current situation and have people of a like mind to survive with etc. myself. Not to mention the scenarios beyond that which need more data evaluation and estimation still...

How about you?

Please listen to the new George Green audio posted yesterday. If 50% of the things occur, we are in big trouble. Maybe they won't at all, but, at least we can be prepared and ready if for nothing at all.

Please attend this weekends meeting in Kansas City for yours and everyone else's sake. Sorry to be so hard core, but it gets the point across.

Thank you.

Jonathan
Old 09-26-2008, 05:24 AM   #10
Quarian
Avalon Senior Member

I'm in Des Moines. I hear you on the gravity of the situation - but unfortunately, I have small children and an "unawakened family". It is not possible for me to get to KC. As the weeks go by, not by coincidence I (a very introverted person by nature) have been thrust into situations where I am forced to network with groups of people. Mostly other Moms'. I know that this is not a coincidence. I finally found a group of folks that talk about "woo-woo" stuff (UFO's, new age, channeling) I've joined that group and will get a sense of where they are at on teotwawki stuff. Using my intuition, I'll go from there. It is what it is. Keep in touch.
Quarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:47 AM   #11
jonathan Burke
Avalon Senior Member

FYI.

The meeting at the 75th Street Brewery will be held upstairs in the Nest.

Here is a description:

The Nest gives you and your guests a birds-eye view of the brewery from our indoor "balcony." It accommodates up to 25 for a sit-down meal or up to 30 for a casual cocktail party. The Nest is the perfect place for a business luncheon or a birthday party.

Here's their web site for more details....

http://www.75thstreet.com/

See you tomorrow night...

Jonathan
Old 09-30-2008, 04:34 PM   #12
jonathan Burke
Avalon Senior Member

The meeting was a big success in KC at the &%th Street Brewery, 13 members showed up, more scheduled for the next meeting on October 11th. The location remains to be announced. I'll keep you all posted.

Our web site is now up and running for the Midwest chapter of the ground crew, as of last night. If you would like to be a part of it, please attend a meeting and we will set you up.

We have several threads and more being posted throughout the day.

Hope to see you on October 11th, sooner, if we have ANY more big flaps happen economically.

Jonathan
Old 10-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #13
Mikill
Project Avalon Member

Waterloo here.It's a giant dump.Dont come here, ever.
Mikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #14
jonathan Burke
Avalon Senior Member

Hello!

Our meeting last Saturday in Kansas City went really well, and much was accomplished!

We will be having another pot luck meeting on Saturday the 25th of October. We also have an online meeting once a week also.

Please let me know if you would like to attend.

jonathan
Old 10-19-2008, 03:59 PM   #15
Blufire77
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Re: Iowa

Hello Midwesterners,

Our third “physical” meeting (we have had several on chat) will be this Saturday, October 25 at 4:00.

The meeting will be here on my organic/eco farm just south of Kansas City. We wanted to combine the meeting part with a Autumn get-together . . . . complete with camp fire, smores, animals (lots of baby chicks), fishing, organic hamburgers and laughter. Come meet like minded people that you may want to form a community with. We are on our way in establishing 2 possibly 3 zoned communities now.

We are people from all walks of life, we look like and are your neighbors, co-workers, college students, doctors, financial advisors, electricians, computer programmers, lawyers, teachers, printers, farmers, mothers, fathers, husbands, wives and children. Normal people in a very difficult world who want to build a new abundant life.

Also I wanted to announce that I will be giving homesteading, herbal and gardening classes this coming year here on the farm. Learn how to grow and preserve your own food, chickens, medicine or just how to survive out of the concrete jungle!

Post here if you are interested in coming to the meeting this Saturday or in the classes and we will be in touch.
Blufire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:12 PM   #16
Lindiana
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Iowa

Hello,
I live in the northwest corner of Iowa. Okoboji area. I would like to join up with some ground crew members. I can't travel much to meetings far away but I would like to join online somewhere. I haven't come across anybody in the area that knows anything about the ground crew or its objectives. Can you let me know where you guys get together online? I would appreciate it.
Lindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #17
jonathan Burke
Avalon Senior Member

The Midwest Self Organizing collective now has a web site at:

www.midwestsoc.info

Please feel free to signup if you are in the midwest.

We have a forum, blog, constantly updated news, videos section, mapping for places to go in case of emergency, and much more.

Hope to see you there.

Jonathan