Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 09-29-2008, 03:15 AM   #26
eleni
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Book Recommendations

All of David Hawkin's books.
eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:15 AM   #27
Ashatav
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Hi All
Eckhart Tolle "Power of Now" & New Earth.
These books help to still the mind and are very practical in helping to raise spiritual vibration.
Regards Chris
Good intentions friend, but the people must to know that the representant of the publisher of Eckhart Tolle was in Bilderberg meeting this year. So, just think twice before read it.

My books are:

"A 33.000 pies", "Al fin libre" & "Caballo de troya" all of J J Benítez, in spanish and other lenguages but not in english! (Must read for all the spanish lenguage readers).

All book who have the words "Deepak" & "Chopra" in them.

Cheers!

Last edited by Ashatav; 09-29-2008 at 05:19 AM.
Ashatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:29 AM   #28
Oneness
Avalon Senior Member

If I may Add....
-- -------------------

The Sirian Revelations

Book I
The Cosmos of Soul:
A Wake Up Call for Humanity

Book II
Atlantis Rising:
The Struggle of Darkness and Light

Book III
No More Secrets, No More Lies: A Handbook to Starseed Awakening

---------------------
The Ringing Cedar Series

http://www.ringingcedars.com/

---------------------
Oneness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:58 AM   #29
ChronoShaman
Avalon Senior Member

A books for all people questing is...

Wheels of Life by Anodea Judith

This is a User's guide to the chakra system. This is a great book of vast material. This is more of a manual to learn more about your physical body, spiritual self and other esoteric knowledge.

This book is also great to practice psychometry

Be well
ChronoShaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #30
Pomguymguy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlewerk View Post
If there is already a post dedicated to recommended books, I apologize.
I could not find one.
Assuming I'm surrounded by avid readers, I thought we could recommend books that we feel are aligned with where we are, and perhaps where we know we will be, spiritually.
If you feel it necessary, give a link to a description of the book, and maybe where it can be purchased.

My most recent favorites are;

Light-Seeds; Michael St.Clair
2012 The Return of Quetzalcoatl- Daniel Pinchbeck

Other books that sounded off a reminder of my power include anything written by Brian Weiss or Neale Donal Walsch.

Mutant Message Down Under~ Marlo Morgan

Way of The Peaceful Warrior & Sacred Journey Of The Peaceful Warrior~
Dan Millman

Illusions~ Richard Bach

Tao Te Ching~ Lao-tzu

The Miracle of Mind Dynamics~ Joseph Murphy

Celestine Prophecy~ James Redfield

The Tao Of Pooh~ Bejamin Hoff

I'll stop here.
I'm looking forward to the list that could grow here, and I thank you all in advance, for taking the time to share what literature assisted in your wake up call.

Circles,
CW
Free Book "YOU" - See also "Master Key System"

You - Charles F Haanel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table of Contents

Everything in the universe vibrates...yes, everything.

All force, all matter, all energy - even your life itself - is then a vibratory activity that conforms to precise natural laws.

So if you really want to understand why the universe is the way it is, you must come to an understanding of how vibrations operate and manifest...and this is a thought-provoking and insightful book to get you started.

In a powerful follow-up work to his world-famous Master Key System, Charles F Haanel explores a vast range of subjects from astronomy to astrology, from physics to alchemy, and much, much more.

You will serve as a reference guide that you will return to again and again as a source of answers to many of life's puzzling mysteries.

As you contemplate the ideas within this masterful volume, you will gradually discover the vibrational instruments of your world that harmonize together to culminate in the grand symphony of your life.

Also available to read for free at PsiTek are Charles F Haanel's other books The Master Key System and Mental Chemistry

1. Introduction

2. Planetary Vibrations

3. Solar Vibrations

4. Mental Vibrations

5. Electrical Vibrations

6. Celestial Vibrations

7. Celestial Vibrations - Continued

8. Cosmic Vibrations

9. Light Vibrations

10. Sound Vibrations

11. Color Vibrations

12. Heat Vibrations

13. Periodicity

14. The Source Of Life

15. The Emotions

16. Magnetism

17. The Imagination

18. Destiny

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web PsiTek.net

Index of PsiTek website
Pomguymguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:40 PM   #31
Nik
Avalon Senior Member

Journey to Ixtlan - Carlos Castaneda
Celestine Prophecy - James Redfield
Beyond 2012 - James Endredy
The Way of the Peaceful Warrior - Dan Millman
Any book by Paulo Coelho... they all have a unique message for each reader. The Alchemist is of course the classic, but so much wisdom in the others as well!

As for UFO, and other matters... I did not notice anyone mention...
Dark Mission - Richard Hoagland

Politics, economics:
The Revolution: A Manifesto - Ron Paul
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #32
Whitewolf

Everything written by Mary Summer Rain, especially Spirit Song and Phoenix Rising.

The Mayan Code by Barbara Hand Clow
The Third Millennium by Ken Carey
Old 10-01-2008, 12:58 PM   #33
Sickscent
Avalon Senior Member

Ken Carey's "The Third Millennium" is one of my all time favorites. I've read it countless times.

I'm currently reading Pierre Chardin Teilhard's "The Divine Milieu". It is incredible!
Sickscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:18 PM   #34
Kahunamahalo
Avalon Senior Member

"Old Mans War"-John Scalzi
Kahunamahalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:29 AM   #35
being
Avalon Senior Member

The Tibetan Book of the Dead: First Complete Translation

The Great Rebellion, Treatise of Revolutionary Psychology, The Revolution Of The Dialectic or any book by Samael Aun Weor.

How to See Yourself as You Are, A Flash of Lightning in The Dark or any book by the Dalai Lama.

Any book by Jiddu Krishnamurti.

How to Know Higher Worlds by Rudolf Stiener is pretty good.

The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna.

Once again everything by Samael Aun Weor.

Also there is a ton of amazing free material at this non-profit site. www.gnosticteachings.com

Last edited by being; 10-02-2008 at 01:34 AM.
being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:09 AM   #36
spiritual_wanderer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoEmc2 View Post
The Law of One - books 1-5. You'll learn everything you need to know about the evolution of the mind. You will also learn who you are, where you are and where you are going. These books will challenge the way you think and will teach you many great things. They are full of just pure awesome information that can only be found within these books.
I highly agree! I felt so much resonance when I read them, so much of it felt familiar and comforting!

I'd also recommend anything by Barbara Marciniak, David Icke, Barbara Hand Clow. I loved reading Brad Steiger's "Star People."
spiritual_wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:46 PM   #37
being
Avalon Senior Member

This is a message posted in reference to spiritual schools but really it applys to all knowledge because that is precisely what we are in. A spiritual school.

Becoming attached to information from any book in the field of subjective knowledge can be harmful to spiritual aspirations. A feeling of a fish released from a very tempting and well made hook is how I felt after dislodging that type of information from myself through analysis and meditation. Obviously alot of material exists that is similar so we should be very cautious of what we feed ourself.

"Yes it is good that we can find bits and pieces in various places that help us continue on learning and growing. If you follow the link provided and read the information however we can learn to decipher between the different types of schools.

The danger is that most schools present lots of theories without talking about the fundamentals of conciousness. That is they try to say 'what to think' instead of understanding 'how to think.' We need to understand the mechanics of thought inorder for us to enter into direct experience of deeper things. Such as the structure of the soul or universe.

Really this is the study of Kabbalah, the tree of life. The Bible for instance is completely kabbalistic to the one who understands the symbolism. Unfortunately people read religious texts literally and fall into intellectual theories and dogmas. If one learns about how they think they can begin to pierce into intuitive knowledge that has been available since the beginning. The ego doesnt like this obviously because it leaves them out. It is saying i dont need all this silly intellectualism because i practice and know how to use my conciousness. Through learning how to use the conciousness we have the key to all doors."

Last edited by being; 10-06-2008 at 09:54 PM.
being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:55 AM   #38
SuperManny
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by being View Post
Specifically this material was posted because of relating a personal discovery with the Law of One books. Becoming attached to information from that book or any book in that field can be harmful to our spiritual aspirations. Realizing that reading material like the Law of One primarily leads to fanatacism or beliefs there should be alot of caution in approaching it.

I think you may have that one confused with a different book, because I can tell you from personal experience that the Law of One is most certainly not "harmful to our spiritual aspirations". and definitely does not "lead to fanatacism" [He yells fanatically]

These and the Seth books have been some of the best (series of) books I've ever read!

The Law Of One - Book One ( The Ra Material ) Rueckert/Elkins/McCarty

The Law Of One - Book Two Rueckert/Elkins/McCarty

The Law Of One - Book Three Rueckert/Elkins/McCarty

The Law Of One - Book Four Rueckert/Elkins/McCarty

The Law Of One - Book Five Rueckert/Elkins/McCarty

The Law Of One Study Guide by Bob Childers

ENJOY!!

btw, if you wanna save these on your computer, right-click and Save Target/Link As..

Last edited by SuperManny; 10-04-2008 at 02:59 AM.
SuperManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:31 PM   #39
crazycharlie
Avalon Senior Member

The WAVE series at
http://cassiopaea.org
most of it is FREE on line .....
crazycharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:35 AM   #40
nOslaves
Avalon Senior Member

I am up to the last chapter of "The fear of freedom" by Eric Fromm.
He has some other books,
The Art of loving
The sain society
There is also a heap of his work on the web.
This guy hits the nail right on the head.
It is not an easy read, and it would take me several more readings to grasp the bigger picture he is putting across. I can only manage a few pages at a time.

Eckhart Tolle gives me the ****s.
I have tried to read one of his books after being given it by a friend, my girlfriend read it and she tells me somewhere in there he tells you that you have to learn not to think in order to clear your mind. Dont quote me on that, but it was something along those lines.
Alarm bells
THIS IS OUR MAIN PROBLEM. PEOPLE NOT WILLING TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES.

Ashatav
"Good intentions friend, but the people must to know that the representant of the publisher of Eckhart Tolle was in Bilderberg meeting this year. So, just think twice before read it."

This does not surprise me in the slightest.
Be careful of what you read. tptb have had there hand in self help books for a long time.
nOslaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:27 AM   #41
Opal
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein

Many here I am sure have read this book.
For those that have not and are interested then I strongly suggest reading the 1991 version over the 1961 version.

Wiki Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_in_a_Strange_Land
Hi,

I too highly recommend this book! In factI consider Robert Heinlien, as well as Asimov and Michael Moorcock, some of the greatest Sci-Fi writers about.

Funnily, I have found that if not all than a good 90% of the sci fi books I collected in my teenage years, all have basis in things that are now being discussed within this whole forum!!
eg: AI intelligence, Interdimensional beings, Multiverses, Robotics/Cyborgs, PSI gifts, etc etc etc
So perhaps, back then, that was the way, that the info was being sent out, via Sci FI books ?

I do have a Q? for Stephen, why do you suggest to read the '1991' version over the 'original' 1961 version?? [which is the version I have]
What is different in the 1991 version?

BTW..for those who still like to read sci fi/fantasy, check out an Australian author by the name of TRACI HARDING. Her books, are so amazing, they speak of things which again is discussed here in this forum, including Spirituality, Time Travel and the Great War for Souls - which is what I feel~believe the current battle to be.

Cheers
Opal
Opal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:58 AM   #42
goody8504
Avalon Senior Member

this list of books is absolutely huge!! unfortunately, it would take me years too read all of these books. it's too bad we have to read each book page by page rather than somehow transferring all of the information right into our brains.

anyway, i'm currently on ch.10 of david wilcock's book 'shift of the ages.' it's pretty technical but he presents what i feel is a bulletproof case for ascension being a very real thing. i'm sure the next two books in the series, 'science of oneness' and 'the divine cosmos' are just as excellent and i can't wait to read them.
goody8504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:00 PM   #43
Gabe Gabriel
Avalon Senior Member

The Divine Matrix by Greg Braden/ excellent
Gabe Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:57 AM   #44
angel3553
Avalon Senior Member

I concur, The Divine Matrix is truly excellent. Especially if you are needing a left brain science approach to truth.

The book that began a real longing to know more for me was "Initiation" by Elizabeth Haich (autobiography of her journey through past lives to her final initiation in this life)

I read it many years ago and it awakened in me a real knowing of what our journey is truly about. The ensuing years have been about gaining more and more knowledge and undestanding. The more we know, the more we realise we have to learn.

Others have been:
"The Light Shall Set You Free" Norma Milanovich and Shirley McCune
This book tells us of the 12 universal laws that we are all governed by, including the Law of Attraction, and the 21 sub-laws. Very easily defined, but a lot of power behind the words.

We truly do live in an ordered universe.

"The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life" Vols 1 & 2 by Drunvalo Melchizedek
Drunvalo is a walk-in, who arrived in the 1970s. He has a definite purpose in awakening us to our true divinity and preparing us for ascension. These two books explain humanity's journey and includes our extraterrestrial connection and how we are guided and protected by higher realities.

"The Serpent of the Light" also by Drunvalo Melchizedek
Serpent of the Light is about the preparation that is taking place right now, both here and in the higher realms, to assist us and Mother Earth to Ascend.

We live in very exciting times. It is a joy to be here to experience it!

Love, light and peace always

Last edited by angel3553; 10-30-2008 at 12:59 AM.
angel3553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:51 AM   #45
cedarboy
Avalon Senior Member

I am curious to know why nobody has mentioned the Urantia Book. This book that I found in a metaphysical book store in 1993 has impacted my life like no other. It was so compelling that I read over 2,000 pages in about 45 days. The last third of the book has the most beautiful and detailed description of the complete life of Joshua Ben Joseph (Jesus) that I have ever seen, and is free of any church dogma. It seems to me that even reading the book as fiction would awaken spiritual growth from your innermost being just because of the sheer beauty of the concepts and thought stimulation from the book. The Urantia Book is called the Fifth Epochal Revelation, but states that it will become less relevant and true as time passes and man evolves. Nothing that man touches can possibly capture infinite truth or be perfect, not even divine revelation.
Does just about everyone in this forum think that reincarnation is an absolute certainty? I believe that people's experiences of past lives are real, but those past lives are not their own. The Urantia Book has similar concepts of many lives after death while evolving toward pure spirit, but that there is only one completely physical death.
Other books I have enjoyed are the Ringing Cedars of Russia series, the Seth Books by Jane Roberts, the Edgar Cayce material. I am fascinated with David Wilcock and want to read the Law of One books.
cedarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:08 AM   #46
crazycharlie
Avalon Senior Member

T H E _ W A V E _ S E R I E S ... at
http://cassiopaea.org

most of it FREE on line .. and IMO like NO other . . . . .
crazycharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:34 PM   #47
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Heart of the World, Hans Urs Von Balthasar

Steps to Knowledge, Marshall Vian Summers

Awakening, Anthony De Mello

Handbooks for the New Paradigm series

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:01 PM   #48
tom
Avalon Senior Member

I would to recommend (Aldous,Huxley,The perennial Philosophy chatto & WINDUS LONDON 1946, Wonderful book full of wisdom.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:48 AM   #49
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

The Ending Of Time
By; J.Krishnamurti & Dr. David Bohm.
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:53 AM   #50
NewParadigmGuy
Avalon Senior Member

The Spiritual Laws and Lessons of the Universe, by Lord Michael, St. Germain, Sananda, and Druthea.

This is great background reading for the Handbook for the New Paradigm books.
NewParadigmGuy is offline   Reply With Quote