Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 08:31 AM   #26
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 220
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

Hi Heartspace and thanks for your message. I understand where you are comming from, but the answer is not to give up at the first hurdle. This training course is having results already by members who have been trying for a couple of years with no success. I have started with protection as this should be the first thing you learn in any program of this type. Unfortunatly other programs dont which only causes problems for people.
If you can follow this program for 2 months strict to the guidelines, i would be totally shocked if you have no results.
But If your timing is not right for you, simply wait until you are ready.
Thanks for the message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartspace View Post
My motivation for meditating is almost non-existent. Your technique is similar to Hung Sau (or something of the like) which was taught at the Ananda Center (teachings of Parahamsa Yogananda). I gave up after a couple of months. I started the Holosync Program in April of 07' and even though it really assists in helping me relax....I don't feel that 'connection' or 'bliss' that I hear others talk of.

I just want something that works and works soon. I have people suggesting I do Transendental Meditation but it costs $2,000 to learn and I don't have that kind of money. I appreicate your post but I am not sure if I will use the techniques just yet. I want something that will work right away. People may judge that I am impatient and maybe that is so... but the way I see things....we don't have a whole lot of time to reach enlightenment. The world needs enlightened people and needs them soon. I would like to be one of them and would love to know the fastest path to get there.

Thanks for reading.
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:34 AM   #27
Softy1107
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 32
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

QUOTE=arcora;7964]Thanks for the help.

One question. You say to bring the energy from the bottom up. Is there anything wrong with bringing it from the top down?QUOTE]

The second technique has good vitalising results, but the first i am also having the same problem.
As i breath in i can feel like there is something shining down on me (like u feel the suns rays on ur skin), entering my body at the top of my head and then i can bring it down to the tail of my spine as instructed by AMA-GI
the wierd thing is when i exhale it goes up again, but ON ITS OWN and a diferent way it came in
is this correct?? if not what am i doing wrong??
Softy1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:43 AM   #28
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 220
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

Hi acora, which exercise please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
Thanks for the help.

One question. You say to bring the energy from the bottom up. Is there anything wrong with bringing it from the top down?

As another poster said - it helps to have a source of the energy and I find it difficult to locate that source below me.

Last edited by AMA-GI; 09-12-2008 at 08:52 AM.
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #29
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 220
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

Hi Softy. Well the feeling of the sun rays on your skin is only the change in the bio-electricity in your body from doing the exercise. This is very good that you can feel this. You need to concentrate this energy. This is only a power of will. You need to totally believe that you control this energy because you are contolling the energy to get it into you in the first place. S o that tells me you can do it. Keep trying if you still are having trouble let me know. The void meditation will also help you to strenthen your mind.
Let me know how you get on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softy1107 View Post
QUOTE=arcora;7964]Thanks for the help.

One question. You say to bring the energy from the bottom up. Is there anything wrong with bringing it from the top down?QUOTE]

The second technique has good vitalising results, but the first i am also having the same problem.
As i breath in i can feel like there is something shining down on me (like u feel the suns rays on ur skin), entering my body at the top of my head and then i can bring it down to the tail of my spine as instructed by AMA-GI
the wierd thing is when i exhale it goes up again, but ON ITS OWN and a diferent way it came in
is this correct?? if not what am i doing wrong??
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:48 AM   #30
JoMo
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 17
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

HI AMA-GI thanks for the training,

Have you heard of http://www.theintentionexperiment.co...xperiment.htm?
Their intention tips are very simple and I wonder if it is the 99% disinformation.
I have practiced this so far, not very much, only when I can. My family is very conservative, Catholic and they denounce meditation.

Here was their last email.

1. Choose your intention space.

Conditioning your space appears to magnify the effectiveness of your intentions. Choose a place to carry out your intentions that feels comfortable and use it every time.

2. Practice meditating.

In order to 'power up' to peak intensity, you must first slow your brain waves down to a meditative, or 'alpha', state of light meditation or dreaming - when the brain emits frequencies (measured
on an EEG machine) of 8-13 hertz (cycles per second).

Sit in a comfortable position. Many people like to sit upright in a hard-backed chair, with their hands placed on their knees, or sit on the floor cross-legged. Begin breathing slowly and rhythmically in through the nose and out through the mouth (slowly blow all the air out), so that your in-breath is the same length as your out-breath. Breathe through your diaphragm.

Repeat this every 15 seconds, but ensure that you are not overexerting or straining. Carry on for 3 minutes and then keep observing it. Work up to 5 or 10 minutes. Begin to focus your
attention just on the breath.

Practice this repeatedly.

3. Practice mindfulness.

Once you have achieved your 'alpha state', maintain clear moment-to-moment awareness of what is happening internally and externally, rather than coloring your interpretation with your
emotions or being engaged 'elsewhere', deep in thought. Be present and attentive to what is, with all of your senses. One good means of harnessing your mind to the present is to 'come into your body' and feel your body posture. Be aware of all the smells, textures, colours, and sensual feelings you are experiencing.

4. Establish a connection.

Practice establishing an empathetic connection with the object of your intention. During our experiment, attempt to 'merge' with the target. Enter into a zone where you relax your sense of 'I' and you feel a merging with the target and The Field.

5. Be Compassionate

Encourage a sense of universal compassion during your intention session by focusing your attention to your heart, as though you are sending light to it most want to be healed. Then direct your loving thoughts to the target.

6. State Your Intention

In your meditative state, state the intention exactly as we have posted it on the experiment page. You'll be asked to hold it for 10 minutes. Keep returning to the intention we have posted. Imagine it already occurring.

See the desired outcome in your mind's eye - with your five senses.

Some of us think in images, others through words, still others through sounds, touch or the spatial relationship between objects. If you aren't especially visual, it's enough just think about an
intention, without a mental picture, and simply to create an impression, a feeling or a thought.

7. Believe

Belief in the power of intention is crucial. Keep firmly fixed in your mind the desired outcome and do not allow yourself to think of failure. If you don't believe this experiment is going to work, please don't participate.

8. Move Aside

After stating your intention, let go of the outcome. At this point, you may sense that the intention is taken over by some greater force. Think of it as a request you are sending to the universe.
JoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:36 AM   #31
lightwins
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

As far as I understand, the point of meditation is recognition of our natural state -- which is self-cognizant awareness of emptiness or openness within which all phenomena arise, have their temporary existence and then subside. Most meditative practices are designed to, initially, develop concentration and then to quiet the mind enough to allow us to inquire into who or what is the actual experiencer of our experience.

Once we notice that there is, in fact, nothing here, and that this nothing is present and aware we have accomplished the purpose of meditation. In Tibetan Buddhism, when this recognition is acknowledged by the lama, it is called the pointing out instruction.

Thereafter, the "practice" is simply to return again and again to the conscious awareness of nothing which is revealed at the core of every apparent thing, including apparent entities -- self and other, things -- the world, thoughts -- labels, images, beliefs and meanings we attribute to "entities," "things," and "thoughts." This practice of returning again and again to the unbounded, awake presence and resting as this awareness of the actual "now" moment, is referred to as "getting used to" the natural state.

For most of us, once we have recognized, we can initially rest as the self-cognizant openness for a few seconds before we've unconsciously boarded the train of thought and, usually, we are several stations down the track before we realize we were resting in our natural state.

The challenge at that moment is to simply acknowledge we've fallen asleep and, recognizing once more, to rest in this, as it is.

All kinds of states come and go. What is ever-present is the open, aware space in which they come and go. This is what we actually, always are. We cannot not be this; however, we can overlook and ignore it in our endless, fruitless efforts to re-arrange the furniture in our prison cell. We can be resting here as this, whether we are physically or mentally active, or not.

As far as I can see, there are 2 levels of awakening our species is going through at this time. Firstly, we are facing and awakening to our personal and our collective shadow; this involves deep, profound and, usually, difficult psychological work. Secondly, we are awakening to our actual nature, our natural state; this is immanent/transcendent spiritual work.

This is the most exciting time possible to be alive. I am pleased to share it with you.

May all good things find their way to you!
John
lightwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:27 AM   #32
JoMo
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 17
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

Thanks lightwins
JoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:05 AM   #33
uniconr
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ottawa canada
Posts: 61
Default breath

i have to disagree about the 'technique one step two' where the suggestion is to hold the breath. the longer you hold your breath, the longer its going to be before you inhale again and your brain will be starved for fresh oxygen until then. stopping the breathing apparatus can create a lot of tension in the body, especially neck and shoulders. i have found it far more effective to draw breath over longer counts and not interrupt your bodys natural desire to exhale.

i also stress breathing using the inward push and outward pull of the abdominal muscles to contract and release the diaphragm. you will feel the diaphragm as well as the intercostal muscles contract and expand, pumping the lungs for the deepest breaths. the abdominals, centred more or less on the navel, correspond to manipura, the stomach chakra. imagine manipura moving fore and aft, drawing and releasing your meridian like a bowstring. edit: this is for all breath, not only the sudden and rapid 'power breathing' of technique two.

Last edited by uniconr; 09-13-2008 at 08:10 AM.
uniconr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:58 AM   #34
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 220
Default Re: breath

Hi uniconr, With regards to your quote,holding your breath will starve fresh oxygen to the brain, well this is not the case. Depending on the person there is enough oxygen in your bloodstream to keep your organs and brain working perfectly for up to 10 mins, sometimes longer in rare cases. I am only saying in these exercises to do for an amount of time in seconds. These tecniques do require the breath to be held, as this focuses and empowers the energy.
What i do suggest is that if it is uncomfortable for a person to hold their breath for the length in the technique then change it to whatever amount is comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniconr View Post
i have to disagree about the 'technique one step two' where the suggestion is to hold the breath. the longer you hold your breath, the longer its going to be before you inhale again and your brain will be starved for fresh oxygen until then. stopping the breathing apparatus can create a lot of tension in the body, especially neck and shoulders. i have found it far more effective to draw breath over longer counts and not interrupt your bodys natural desire to exhale.

i also stress breathing using the inward push and outward pull of the abdominal muscles to contract and release the diaphragm. you will feel the diaphragm as well as the intercostal muscles contract and expand, pumping the lungs for the deepest breaths. the abdominals, centred more or less on the navel, correspond to manipura, the stomach chakra. imagine manipura moving fore and aft, drawing and releasing your meridian like a bowstring. edit: this is for all breath, not only the sudden and rapid 'power breathing' of technique two.
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:23 AM   #35
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 220
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

Hi, What you are talking about is a Very long and drawn out method. VERY.
This system is very easy to master But i do understand it is sometimes easier to talk to someone then just to read about it. I can recommend a dvd for you which is the secret. This explains how to manifest in a much easier way.
If you wish further guidence on this topic i will be happy to assist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
HI AMA-GI thanks for the training,

Have you heard of http://www.theintentionexperiment.co...xperiment.htm?
Their intention tips are very simple and I wonder if it is the 99% disinformation.
I have practiced this so far, not very much, only when I can. My family is very conservative, Catholic and they denounce meditation.

Here was their last email.

1. Choose your intention space.

Conditioning your space appears to magnify the effectiveness of your intentions. Choose a place to carry out your intentions that feels comfortable and use it every time.

2. Practice meditating.

In order to 'power up' to peak intensity, you must first slow your brain waves down to a meditative, or 'alpha', state of light meditation or dreaming - when the brain emits frequencies (measured
on an EEG machine) of 8-13 hertz (cycles per second).

Sit in a comfortable position. Many people like to sit upright in a hard-backed chair, with their hands placed on their knees, or sit on the floor cross-legged. Begin breathing slowly and rhythmically in through the nose and out through the mouth (slowly blow all the air out), so that your in-breath is the same length as your out-breath. Breathe through your diaphragm.

Repeat this every 15 seconds, but ensure that you are not overexerting or straining. Carry on for 3 minutes and then keep observing it. Work up to 5 or 10 minutes. Begin to focus your
attention just on the breath.

Practice this repeatedly.

3. Practice mindfulness.

Once you have achieved your 'alpha state', maintain clear moment-to-moment awareness of what is happening internally and externally, rather than coloring your interpretation with your
emotions or being engaged 'elsewhere', deep in thought. Be present and attentive to what is, with all of your senses. One good means of harnessing your mind to the present is to 'come into your body' and feel your body posture. Be aware of all the smells, textures, colours, and sensual feelings you are experiencing.

4. Establish a connection.

Practice establishing an empathetic connection with the object of your intention. During our experiment, attempt to 'merge' with the target. Enter into a zone where you relax your sense of 'I' and you feel a merging with the target and The Field.

5. Be Compassionate

Encourage a sense of universal compassion during your intention session by focusing your attention to your heart, as though you are sending light to it most want to be healed. Then direct your loving thoughts to the target.

6. State Your Intention

In your meditative state, state the intention exactly as we have posted it on the experiment page. You'll be asked to hold it for 10 minutes. Keep returning to the intention we have posted. Imagine it already occurring.

See the desired outcome in your mind's eye - with your five senses.

Some of us think in images, others through words, still others through sounds, touch or the spatial relationship between objects. If you aren't especially visual, it's enough just think about an
intention, without a mental picture, and simply to create an impression, a feeling or a thought.

7. Believe

Belief in the power of intention is crucial. Keep firmly fixed in your mind the desired outcome and do not allow yourself to think of failure. If you don't believe this experiment is going to work, please don't participate.

8. Move Aside

After stating your intention, let go of the outcome. At this point, you may sense that the intention is taken over by some greater force. Think of it as a request you are sending to the universe.
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:48 AM   #36
ARE WE THERE YET
Avalon Senior Member
 
ARE WE THERE YET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Zealand - Auckland
Posts: 53
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

Lightwins

Hi john. I found your post the most easily understood. Do you have a reading reference for the methods you describe, that I could look into.

Many thanks Rina
ARE WE THERE YET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:45 PM   #37
1love
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: charlestown, ma
Posts: 23
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

my real spiritual devolopment has started with the children of the law of one and the lost teachings of atlantis. like some others on this thread i am concerned with how much time i have left to further my consciousness towards enlightenment. i have recently downloaded some mp3s for unlocking chakras. should i begin with this or try to follow the group meditation on this thread as a beginner b/c of the need for the times. also, i was just wondering about people's opinions of the use of pscyhedlics such as mushrooms, dmt, or the like as an aid for spiritual devolopment.

Last edited by 1love; 09-13-2008 at 02:47 PM.
1love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:01 PM   #38
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 220
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

Hi 1love. Regarding the mp3's personaly i would not bother. The chakra's not only need awakening but need aligning and being empowered. The sounds on these mp3's simply do not do this.

The program i am running is a excelerated program, it may not seem it at the moment as i need to get some basics out of the way first for safety reasons.
You are more than welcome to join in on this meditation.

I have recieved some very positive messages from people who have been blocked for years trying all sorts of methods and this is working for them.

Regarding the use of pscyhedlics i personaly wouldnt recommend it. There is a time and a place for it dont get me wrong, but unless you are in the company of a shaman who has the knowledge and knows how to treat adverse reactions, then no.
hope i have helped

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1love View Post
my real spiritual devolopment has started with the children of the law of one and the lost teachings of atlantis. like some others on this thread i am concerned with how much time i have left to further my consciousness towards enlightenment. i have recently downloaded some mp3s for unlocking chakras. should i begin with this or try to follow the group meditation on this thread as a beginner b/c of the need for the times. also, i was just wondering about people's opinions of the use of pscyhedlics such as mushrooms, dmt, or the like as an aid for spiritual devolopment.
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:25 PM   #39
mystiq
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Posts: 23
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

I try to meditate off and on, but have the hardest time doing the breathing excises. The most success I had, due to some hectic energy with my children is a freeform meditation in which I lay down in my room (trust me its the only place I have) and breathe naturally. My mind then drifts and very lightly begins to pay attention to whatever sound I hear, or colors I see behind my eyes. Then I pay attention and start to focus on the ringing I begin to hear in my ears, and the vibrations that start to run through my body. When I'm really deep into it, I sometimes visualize in full color, like watching a tv screen, things I wish, or I sort of vicariously jump into the scene and really experience it. Or affirmations, or intentions. Or a very long intense prayer to God for protection from greys for our family and for the world from the illumanati/greys.
That one brought on a continual feeling of contact from a federation. Can't explain this at all really. Also, soon after meditating, memories began to float up and I've been able to connect so many dots in my life, even in my souls long journey.
But energy work also interests me, and I've watched videos on it. I cannot see the aura, except in terms of a field without color. I've always been able to feel it however. While practicing energy work on my son, smoothing his fields until they felt really clear, while watching a video, he felt a movement like something had left him.

What I'm wondering is, since I am very concerned with psi protection from attack, or having my energy completely drained, and since I'm very concerned with increasing energy, is it impossible for me since I cannot breathe consistently through my nose? And I can't. No amount of training changes this. Will I have similar results if I just allow myself to breathe naturally?
mystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:38 AM   #40
T.C
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 18
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

Thanks for the information. I have some questions:

1. The meditation techniques I have learned generally begin with a physical relaxation exercise, for example, tensing and relaxing the body from the toes up to the forehead. This helps relax the body because it is difficult to focus the mind when you are physically tense. Is their any reason why your description thus far does not include such an exercise?

2. When I follow chakra energizing methods I invariably get 'charged up' with the feeling akin to having to much caffeine, i.e in the physical sense, as opposed to a feeling of physical and/or emotional calm. I feel as if I want to use this energy to contribute further to my meditation. Is this 'charged up' state normal? Can I channel it into other aspects of meditation?

T.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:16 AM   #41
Sentinel
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 11
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

[QUOTE=AMA-GI;6984] well im not proud of it but i used to be a high priest of a satanic order.

If this statment is true. How do you propose that we should licit you our 100% trust?

Last edited by Sentinel; 09-14-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:00 AM   #42
Trishsgate
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 140
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

What has past has passed, while there have been many on a path within "everyone's" lives mistakes can and are made. I would have to say without exception in life no one is perfect. Does that make that person less worthy today IMO not. You choose to take this person's wisdom or not he is simply placing the information out here for those who chose to utilize it. He is not making\forcing his will upon you that is solely your responsibility to discern what is right for you. Let's calm down and work together for the benefit of all.
Trishsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #43
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 220
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

Hi, with regards to Sentinal's question i think we can all say that we have all done wrong in our life. The first thing to correct this is to realise that you have done wrong, for if you do not, you will not correct it. The second part in this process is once you know you are doing wrong, you must stop doing it.

I am not forcing anyone to do anything. I am sharing the knowledge that unfortunatly these organisations only have. These are the ancient scripts that hold the truth on spirituality that are kept from the public eye so they have power over you.
What i am actually doing is risking my own safety by putting this knowledge out there, as to say.

I have asked my guides why i did the things i did. The answer was to recieve the ancient wisdom and to share it with those who cannot obtain it.

I do not feel i have to defend myself as i am helping people everyday and dedicating all of my time to answer questions and guidence.

Profound truth, so difficult to perceive, difficult to understand, tranquilizing and sublime, is not to be gained by mere reasoning and is perceived only by the wise. [Buddha]
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #44
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 220
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

Thankyou Trishsgate for putting it that way.

Right conduct is to form a proper livelihood to prosper by.
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:21 AM   #45
Trishsgate
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 140
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

The only way we learn sometimes is in making the "wrong choices" in life therefore hopefully we know how to correct them. Had you not done what you did in life this information would not be available to these people in this time of need, would you not agree? So was it wrong action or right? Forget it, and I totally agree this has put yourself in the crossfire of some people that most will not normally cross knowingly. Too much focus is put on wrong\right black\white without contemplating the end result in one's life.
Trishsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:02 AM   #46
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 220
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

Hi, I will answer the questions in order.
1: The techique you refer to in this question is totally fine depending on the exercise you are going to do afterwards. This technique i use for hypnotherepy. There are a couple of reasons i have not added this. One reason is depending on the following exercise you are going to do after this technique, there is the possiblity of falling asleep. Depending on what the exercise is, it could be dangerous to fall asleep half way though an exercise.Not all, but some.
The other reason is i could put hundreds of breathing and relaxing exercises on this program but that would not be an excelerated program. I always say if anyone has any problems let me know and i will give further techniques.

2: The charged up feeling that you say is akin to coffee sounds a bit confusing to me. What my feeling's of coffee may differ from yours, but i will try and answer it based on my feeling with the intake of coffee.
It sounds like you are taking in energy fine. But due to charkra's being out of alignment you are not seeking all the benifits. I will be adding the alignments shortly. You can also use this charged up energy in exercises that i will add to the program shortly. I just need to get the basics out of the way first.
And yes this feeling is fine as long as this feeling is a balanced one. When i drink coffee it is not a balanced energy, But that is my experience of coffee and may differ from yours.

I hope i have answered your question but if not let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C View Post
Thanks for the information. I have some questions:

1. The meditation techniques I have learned generally begin with a physical relaxation exercise, for example, tensing and relaxing the body from the toes up to the forehead. This helps relax the body because it is difficult to focus the mind when you are physically tense. Is their any reason why your description thus far does not include such an exercise?

2. When I follow chakra energizing methods I invariably get 'charged up' with the feeling akin to having to much caffeine, i.e in the physical sense, as opposed to a feeling of physical and/or emotional calm. I feel as if I want to use this energy to contribute further to my meditation. Is this 'charged up' state normal? Can I channel it into other aspects of meditation?

AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:07 AM   #47
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 220
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

You have put this perfectly. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishsgate View Post
The only way we learn sometimes is in making the "wrong choices" in life therefore hopefully we know how to correct them. Had you not done what you did in life this information would not be available to these people in this time of need, would you not agree? So was it wrong action or right? Forget it, and I totally agree this has put yourself in the crossfire of some people that most will not normally cross knowingly. Too much focus is put on wrong\right black\white without contemplating the end result in one's life.
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #48
Softy1107
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 32
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

Ive been doing the above two exercises daily for 3 day now.
The first one gives me quite some trouble, cause my mind likes to wonder a lot, the second exercise, breath of fire, i have finally developed i feel for it yesterday.
Today when i woke up, i did the exsercise and while i was doing the second set of 20, things got wierd.
My body was emanating something from within me, like a force field but not like in the movies, it was more gas like in nature, it didnt have a definite shape.
The felling was amazing, at the end of the last set where we inhale deeply and hold the breaht very gently as long as we can, i couldnt feel my body, it felt like flying, but as soon as i realized that i was back.
I am still in awe, and cant wrap my head around it.
Softy1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #49
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 220
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

Hi softy. What you felt was very good. Not everyone feels the same things with exercises but they do all have the same outcome.

The gas in nature quote you experienced is also fine. This is how i personally see it as well. It doesnt really matter how you see it, eg; light, gas, coloured smoke. it has the same effect.

Well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softy1107 View Post
Ive been doing the above two exercises daily for 3 day now.
The first one gives me quite some trouble, cause my mind likes to wonder a lot, the second exercise, breath of fire, i have finally developed i feel for it yesterday.
Today when i woke up, i did the exsercise and while i was doing the second set of 20, things got wierd.
My body was emanating something from within me, like a force field but not like in the movies, it was more gas like in nature, it didnt have a definite shape.
The felling was amazing, at the end of the last set where we inhale deeply and hold the breaht very gently as long as we can, i couldnt feel my body, it felt like flying, but as soon as i realized that i was back.
I am still in awe, and cant wrap my head around it.
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:00 AM   #50
Debugged
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Meditation training basic's #1

After studying meditation and related activities for the past 15 years or so, I can say the most important lessons I've learned are discernment and to pay attention to my instincts.

Honey, the warning lights are flashing brightly with this thread. As soon as you said disregard all other teachings, you lost me. Your techniques are very similar to Barbara Ann Brennan, and others I've read. I don't blindly follow any one human, nor should anyone else! I do the research, toss out what doesn't work, or gets my internal alarms firing, and use/adapt what is useful.

Why should I trust a former satanist over everyone else, who tells me to disregard all other stuff I've learned? That seems rather ludicrous and potentially harmful to me.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon