Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:19 AM   #1
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Default Energy vampires

How Energy Vampires Drain Your Spirit

11 Ways to Protect Yourself From Negative Influences

Energy vampires drain your spirit by depleting your positive energy, just like real vampires slurp blood. Energy vampires - such as drama queens - leave you feeling drained and listless, but these eleven ways to protect yourself from negative influences will help!
After a visit with an energy vampire, you barely have enough energy to watch tv - much pursue your goals or take care of your responsibilities. The energy vampire's negative influences have consumed your positive energy.
How Energy Vampires Drain Your Spirit

Energy vampires drain positive energy in many ways, such as:
  • Intruding on your life, ignoring boundaries and privacy (energy vampires don't think of you).
  • Making big deals out of nothing. Energy vampires are often called "drama queens" because they can easily turn a broken nail into a Shakespearean tragedy. Negative energy spreads from everyday events.
  • Complaining constantly about their partners, jobs, children, bad luck, and illnesses. Energy vampires like to vent.
  • Criticizing your hair, appearance, job, children, partner, friends, and pets (energy vampires aren't positive).
  • Not taking "no" for an answer. Energy vampires don't consider your needs.
  • Being unrelentingly negative. Their negative energy is relentless, and energy vampires drain your positive energy by encouraging you to be negative, too.
  • Blaming everyone else for their problems (energy vampires don't take responsibility).

How Energy Vampires Drain Energy & Why You Feel Depressed After a Conversation

You know you've spent time with an energy vampire when you leave feeling depressed, exhausted, or sad. Energy vampires drain your positive energy for their own use. Energy vampires leave you feeling empty and sluggish and to compensate or build positive energy you may eat, drink, shop, or sleep for hours afterwards.
Energy Vampires Need Your Positive Energy

Energy vampires come in all shapes and sizes: loud and aggressive, soft-spoken and shy, charming and seductive, pushy and overbearing. Energy vampires have energy leaks that they need to fill. It's up to you to stop energy vampires from draining your positive energy. Often energy vampires don't even realize they're bleeding you dry. Energy vampires have often suffered some sort of crisis, whether in childhood or adulthood, and they're compensating to get rid of their negative energy. Energy vampires may not be deliberately, maliciously stealing your positive energy -- but they're definitely not contributing to a fantastic relationship.
Energy Vampires may drain positive energy, but you can learn to stop them!

11 Ways to Protect Yourself From Energy Vampires:

1. Limit the amount of time you spend with energy vampires. The less time you're together, the less positive energy you'll lose.
  2. Learn effective ways to end conversations with energy vampires (eg, I only have ten minutes to talk.")
  3. Stay calm and detached from energy vampires. Don't let their negative energy consume you.
  4. Be honest about your needs (eg, "I need this time to work/read/relax/exercise.")
  5. Refrain from attempting to rescue them or fix an energy vampire's problems.
  6. Practice walking away from energy vampires.; the more you do it, the easier it gets.
  7. Limit eye contact with energy vampires.
  8. Avoid being in close spaces with energy vampires (elevators, cars, etc). Negative energy is catching.
  9. Define and guard your personal space from energy vampires.
  10. Tell energy vampires you feel uncomfortable discussing particular people or circumstances.
  11. Stand up for yourself and your boundaries! Your time, positive energy, and resources are precious and should be closely guarded from energy vampires.

http://psychology.suite101.com/artic...nergy_vampires

BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:55 AM   #2
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Energy vampires

Brook... totally true!

Can I add another defense mechanism to state back to an energy vampire?

12. That may be true for you but it's not for me!
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:57 AM   #3
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah I know people like this.

This is why I keep them at arm's length nowadays and I no longer fear confronting them about their problems if needed.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
Angel in Disguise
Avalon Senior Member

I agree. And PS Christo888... love the new avatar
Angel in Disguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:09 AM   #5
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo888 View Post
Brook... totally true!

Can I add another defense mechanism to state back to an energy vampire?

12. That may be true for you but it's not for me!

Add Away! Yes..there are many more ideas out there

Any other good ideas to avoid these vampires?
Old 11-27-2009, 07:10 AM   #6
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel in Disguise View Post
I agree. And PS Christo888... love the new avatar
Thanks Angel... and that day will soon come!
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #7
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Yes I agree Brook these are the mechanics at work in the behavioral pattern of the people
displaying such an impaired energy balance that they like to utilize or prevent you from using
your own.

The points you have outlined below will indeed help in keeping your own space ...your own
territory safe..

Now it is good to bring to consciousness that the practice of the experience of your primordial state as a soul ...your natural timeless awareness also called " Great perfection " is extremely beneficial in dealing with daily life.
His holiness the dalai Lama says "This is because that kind of experience will give you the ability to prevent yourself from being overwhelmed by circumstances, good or bad. You will not fall into extreme states of mind: you will not get over-excited or depressed. Your attitude toward circumstances and events will be as if you were someone observing the mind, without being drawn away by circumstances.

For example, when you see a reflection of a form in a mirror, the reflection appears within the mirror but it is not projected from within. In the same way, when you confront the situations of life, or deal with others, your attitude too will be mirror-like.

Also, when a reflection appears in the mirror, the mirror does not have to go after the object that is reflected: it simply reflects, spontaneously, on the surface. The same with you: since there is no attachment or agitation at having these 'reflections' in your mind, you will feel tremendous ease and relief. You are not preoccupied by what arises in the mind, nor does it cause you any distress. You are free from conceptuality or any form of objectifying. And so it really does help you, in allowing you to be free from being caught up in the play of emotions like hatred, attachment, and the like. "

--from Dzogchen: The Heart Essence of the Great Perfection by His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Love Always
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 11-27-2009 at 11:21 AM.
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:18 PM   #8
w0rm
Avalon Senior Member

When I picture an 'energy vampire' what comes to mind is some ghastly thin, pallid human feverishly trying to drain your life-force.

Though, from my personal view I take this topic with a pinch of salt. Because in my mind these 'energy vampires' are just... negative people, and that's all there is to it.

I think in general the word 'vampire' conjures up negativity, the media's portrayal of any type of vampire is, in essence evil.

So perhaps a good way of dealing with these types of people would be to instead of picturing them as a vampire of sorts, instead view them as a soul that has yet to start the path of awakening, enlightenment.

Counter their pessimism with positivity, allow your benevolence to shine through and you might find these inherently negative people tend not to bother you so much.
w0rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #9
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

More ways to deal with Energy Vampires

Ground Yourself

The first important step when facing energy vampires is to ground yourself. To ground yourself is to center yourself such that you do not get easily affected or swayed by negative energies around you. If you have studied Physics before, the concept is similar to the grounding in electrical appliances.

Shield yourself

The next step is to shield yourself. A shield is like a bubble around you that separates you and the world; its like your energy barrier which keeps out any forms of undesirable energy from entering into your space. Like a real shield, your shield is a defense tool which protects you from aggressors or attacks from outside. It keeps your energy within you and prevents it from getting sucked by the energy vampire.

A shield is not permanent. The energy of the shield wears off over time, which lowers its ability to protect you. In the face of negative people trying to leech off your energy, the shields defense ability can be quickly depleted. The more negative the person is, the weaker the shield becomes. When it reaches a point where the shields energy is fully depleted, it will cease to function. To avoid that from happening, you should constantly check to ensure your shield is present and upkeep it where needed. It is important not to overly rely on the shield to protect you from such attacks; ultimately you should be well grounded enough.

Think about the people you face daily. Which of them are energy vampires? How did you handle them in the past? Work through some of the steps described in the above post and here..then see how your energy returns
Old 11-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #10
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0rm View Post
When I picture an 'energy vampire' what comes to mind is some ghastly thin, pallid human feverishly trying to drain your life-force.

Though, from my personal view I take this topic with a pinch of salt. Because in my mind these 'energy vampires' are just... negative people, and that's all there is to it.

I think in general the word 'vampire' conjures up negativity, the media's portrayal of any type of vampire is, in essence evil.

So perhaps a good way of dealing with these types of people would be to instead of picturing them as a vampire of sorts, instead view them as a soul that has yet to start the path of awakening, enlightenment.

Counter their pessimism with positivity, allow your benevolence to shine through and you might find these inherently negative people tend not to bother you so much.
To some of these individuals, It has become a dependency to drain energy from others...just like needing a 'fix" of energy.
Countering with pessimism and positivity hardly works, as it does not create the energy they are looking for. They are most usually looking for the "drama" which brings out your energy to be fed on. And in the process...drains you.

I'm all for trying to help these individuals, People are usually negative because of several factors in their life or events that have taken place in the past. Deep down, they aren’t trying to be malicious. Try to understand the intents of their negativity and help them with it. These usually stem from some inner fear which they are unable to face by themselves. At the same time, give them unconditional love... be kind toward them.

While the ideal scenario is for you to be able to lift them up from their negativity, if you are not interested in helping them or you have tried without much success, the next step will be to reduce contact. Limit your contact as much as possible, unless necessary. If you are a positive person, you will find negative people are actually drawn towards you. They enjoy spending time with you because of the energy you give off. Just stay grounded, shielded and do not reciprocate their attempts to take away your energy. When the vampires know they aren’t getting any responses from you, they will start moving away to other people where they can get their source.

Last edited by BROOK; 11-27-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #11
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Here are some steps for Grounding

1. Sit in a chair with your feet on the ground to begin. Choose a quiet place without disturbances. As you practice this exercise, you can perform it anywhere.
  2. Notice your breathing. Clench your stomach, tighten your muscles and breathe up high in your chest. How does that make you feel? People often say, "anxious," "tense," "panicky." Chest breathing is not deep breathing, and it is often an unconscious reaction to stress or trouble.
  3. Relax your stomach and let your breath down into your belly. Imagine it flowing down into your toes as your belly expands. Do you start to feel different? Some people find this sort of deep breathing unnatural. To learn it, put your hand on your belly, breathe so that your belly pushes your hand out. Practice regularly, so that it becomes easy and natural.
  4. Close your eyes. Imagine your breath pushing down through the base of your spine, through your feet, like a tree pushing down its roots. Imagine those roots pushing down through the floor and into the soil below. Imagine they can feel something of the quality of the earth, what grows there, and how healthy it is. Push down through the waters under the soil, down through the bedrock, and down into the center. If there's still any tension or fear, let that go through your "roots". For some people, imagining that there is a fire at the center of the Earth and throwing negative feelings into the fire helps to make those feelings dissipate.
  5. Imagine you can draw some of that fire up. Feel it as the earth's living creative energy, and bring it up through the rock and the water and the soil. Bring it into your legs and feet, like a tree's roots would draw up water and nutrients.
  6. Bring it up your spine and imagine your spine growing like a tree trunk, reaching up to the sky. Bring some fire into your heart, into any place inside you that needs healing or extra energy. As you imagine the growth and energy flowing into you, raise and open your posture and re-focus on your breath.
  7. Direct the energy up through your arms and out of your hands, up through your neck and throat and out the top of your head. Visualize branches of energy that reach up to the sky, and let them spread around you and reach back down to touch the earth, creating a protective filter around you. Take a moment, look at that energy web, and notice if there are any places that need to be repaired or strengthened. Send energy in that direction.
  8. Imagine the energy of the sun, shining down on your leaves and branches. Breathe deep; draw that energy in. Breathe it down through your leaves and branches, down through your heart and your belly and your hands. Take it in, feed on it like a tree feeds on sunlight.
  9. Open your eyes. Look around you. How do you feel? Relaxed? Revitalized? More attentive?
  10. Imagine your feet have sticky roots. Let them sink into the earth and then release when you start to move. Walk around a little. Feel connected with the ground. Feel the imaginary roots grip and release.
  11. Stretch your arms out to your sides as you move, as far as they'll go, until you can't see your hands if you look straight ahead. Now wiggle your thumbs, and slowly bring your arms in until your thumbs are just visible on the edge of your peripheral vision. Notice how wide your field of vision can be. As you walk, breathing deep, grounded, activate that peripheral vision. Know that you can be aware of what's going on around you.
  12. Come back to stillness. As you breathe, feel where it is in your body this grounded place seems to live, and touch that place. Can you find an image for this grounded state? A word or phrase you can say? When you use these three togethertouch, image, and phraseyou create an anchor to help you ground quickly in any situation.
Tips
  • Remember, the more you practice grounding, the more automatic it becomes. If you take even a few minutes a day to practice, you'll not only have better energy in your daily life, you'll be able to ground quickly and instantly when you're in a tense situation.
  • If Ground and Center exercises seem to take too long, you may be trying too hard, or you may be achieving Ground and Center without recognizing it. If this happens, do something else for a while and try again later. To Ground and Center is a skill, like any other, which only gets easier with practice, so practice often.
  • Notice whether you are making eye contact with the people you pass. Keep breathing, stay grounded, keep your awareness wide, but now also make eye contact with each person you pass. How does it feel to be this present in a situation?
http://www.wikihow.com/Ground-and-Center

Last edited by BROOK; 11-27-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #12
Lionhawk
Avalon Senior Member

If I could add my 2 cents, or is it 6 cents now, that the word vampire is such a label that does reflect the draining of substance. Blood or life force. I would rather just use the word vampire to describe it than to say it by the definition. Just simpler. Why complicate it?

There is a lot of truth here in this thread. Embrace what you can of it. I think Brook put this here for a very positive reason. Put it to the test. It is provable. Many others can also identify with this. This is basic spirit 101 stuff anyway. Be a great reminder! Thanks Brook!
Lionhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #13
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

A Spiritual Shielding Technique - Psychic Self Defense

The physical body is surrounded with spiritual energy, the aura. The aura is a dynamic living entity, part of the physical self, yet separate to the extent in which it interacts invisibly with our surroundings and other energy forms. The aura is the energetic embodiment of the soul or spiritual self.

The physical mind can be taught to reshape spiritual energy form into a psychic shield, a protective bubble which does not allow harmful energy to reach the inner core of the soul where it can do the most damage.

The process is quite simple and is strengthened through practice. Begin with the simple meditation routine described on page ten of this book. During the course of your meditation visualize your aura as a vibrating field of light energy. The field of energy extends outward a few inches from the surface of your skin.

Your life energy vibrates and swirls around you at all times, coming into contact with all manner of other life energies, both positive and negative. Now imagine the energy of your aura forming the shape of a protective globe of brilliant light. Negative thought and intentions in the form of red light as well as dark energy attempt to corrupt your spiritual existence. Within the protection of your light energy globe, negative influences bounce off, are deflected and returned to their original source.

Make a practice of visualizing the creation of your protective energy shield at the start of every meditation session. With repetition the strength of your psychic shield is increased and can eventually be called up at will. Rely on your shield at any time that you feel under the influence of psychic assault. This technique for calling up a protective barrier against even the strongest of negative energies whenever it is needed, involves connecting the mind, body and spirit instantly to create a powerful protective energy barrier.

Once you have familiarized your self with the meditative technique of visualizing a protective bubble you should be able to summon this shield without the assistance of meditation. Simply focus your mind on the act of creating the shield. While your mind is focused on creating the shield, use your hands to close the energy conduit of your aura. In a very real sense, you and every other living creature are both a source and a conductor of energy. You are in constant and direct connection with the energy of all things.

The physical act of closing the hands has the effect of closing a circuit. You are closing the circuit of your life energy while still remaining connected to the energy of the universe. The combination of closing the life energy circuit and creating a protective aura shield is the most powerful tool available for combating a psychic attack. This maneuver not only defends the spiritual self, it sends the negative energy of an attack directly back to its origin. The attacker sees his own negative energy returned only with more momentum and force than was originally created. Practice visualizing the instant creation of an aura shield; imagine with as much detail as possible the protective energy of your spirit blossoming outward to form an impenetrable barrier.

Now combine this visualization with the act of closing the hands. Hold your hands a few inches apart, as if you were about to clap or begin a prayer. Try to feel the energy of your aura between your hands. Many people report feeling a slightly warm sensation when performing this procedure. Pay attention to whatever sensations you may be feeling at this moment. Now, press your hands together, and as you do visualize the energy of your aura being compressed between your hands. As you compress the aura it forms a globe which surrounds your entire body.

The physical act of clasping the hands to temporarily close your life energy circuit and visualizing the protective aura are instantaneous. Practice this technique until it feels completely natural. One of the greatest advantages of this psychic defense technique is that it can be used discretely. This seemingly simple hand gesture can be used in almost any public situation without drawing attention to the fact that you are combating negative psychic energy. When confronted with any form of threatening energy, this technique offers an incredibly powerful and stealthy defense.

This is one way to shield...but there are many ways to visualize such a shield. I highly recommend using a shield for the purpose of not letting others drain your energy.....you need it

Yes Lionhawk...Spirit 101.

Last edited by BROOK; 11-27-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:24 PM   #14
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

these tips and information are
so you can all have a
Bright Sun Shiny Day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtiXiYMS86U

Last edited by BROOK; 12-16-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #15
MargueriteBee
Avalon Senior Member

Energy vampires where just a theory to me until I tested it. At work and sitting at my desk I imagined vital energy leaving this one person and coming to me. A few minutes later I got up and walked by her desk and she looked ghastly, all gray and pale. I felt real bad about it and went back to my desk and sent her energy back to her with a little extra. A few mintes after that I walked by her again and her color was back. I don't think she was aware of it. I vowed I would never do such a thing again.

I learned from that and always try to remember to keep my shield on full force when needed.
MargueriteBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #16
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Wear garlic around your neck! LOL

OK, just kidding. I just laugh at them, that's how I avoid letting energy vampires get to me and that's how I stay grounded.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #17
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Dan....you're naturally grounded....lucky guy
Old 11-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #18
Lionhawk
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Wear garlic around your neck! LOL

When you go Christmas shopping and you see those people with sample perfume sprays, run like hell.

Good one Dan! You're to much!
Old 11-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #19
w0rm
Avalon Senior Member

To each their own.

Speaking personally (what's personal to me may not be to you), I pay no heed to 'energy vampires'.

I have never encountered one (to my knowledge) and I have been about all manner of, for lack of a better terms, distasteful people.

In my mind they're the misconstrued conception stemming from overly paranoid folk, and if thinking like this prevents me from feeling low and drained by these ultimately negative people then so be it.

Regardless, I know most people on this forum aren't on my wave length most of the time, though I do like to voice my opinion - albeit occasionally.

I'd say for the most part, if in your world these 'energy vampires' are running rampant, and that's what you positively believe they are then BROOK's advice is indeed very helpful.

So kudos.
w0rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #20
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Yes I agree Brook these are the mechanics at work in the behavioral pattern of the people
displaying such an impaired energy balance that they like to utilize or prevent you from using
your own.

The points you have outlined below will indeed help in keeping your own space ...your own
territory safe..

Now it is good to bring to consciousness that the practice of the experience of your primordial state as a soul ...your natural timeless awareness also called " Great perfection " is extremely beneficial in dealing with daily life.
His holiness the dalai Lama says "This is because that kind of experience will give you the ability to prevent yourself from being overwhelmed by circumstances, good or bad. You will not fall into extreme states of mind: you will not get over-excited or depressed. Your attitude toward circumstances and events will be as if you were someone observing the mind, without being drawn away by circumstances.

For example, when you see a reflection of a form in a mirror, the reflection appears within the mirror but it is not projected from within. In the same way, when you confront the situations of life, or deal with others, your attitude too will be mirror-like.

Also, when a reflection appears in the mirror, the mirror does not have to go after the object that is reflected: it simply reflects, spontaneously, on the surface. The same with you: since there is no attachment or agitation at having these 'reflections' in your mind, you will feel tremendous ease and relief. You are not preoccupied by what arises in the mind, nor does it cause you any distress. You are free from conceptuality or any form of objectifying. And so it really does help you, in allowing you to be free from being caught up in the play of emotions like hatred, attachment, and the like. "

--from Dzogchen: The Heart Essence of the Great Perfection by His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Love Always
mudra
Mudra dear your so wise.. your words fall like honey from a fork
with ease ... and free falling .. im so blessed to know you ..all my love to you
as always your friend rhythmmm ....so yes i agree with mudra here
love and mirroring rhythmmm ..
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #21
MadSheeple
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you all for this positive energy! I can see more clearly now, I've always tried to stay away from negative ppl because the way I felt after having contact with them for a long time. Many words of wisdom in this post!
MadSheeple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #22
Lionhawk
Avalon Senior Member

We are all antennas. Our minds are the transceivers. It's not about being paranoid as it is more of an issue to be able to protect yourself and the ones that you love. Just because someone doesn't experience this doesn't mean those around you haven't. As what has been shared testimony in this thread will reveal to anyone, it is something that does occur. It can very well happen on a forum such as this as well. I have seen it happen here on several occasions. My paranoia wasn't involved either. hahahaa I have also seen attacks on this forum that have caused damage to others in the form of distress. No words were typed. Can you figure that one out? It is an awareness issue. That's all it is and if you haven't had any experiences from this type of phenomena, then great for you. Like someone in here said, "To each their own." Very true indeed. I also don't know the first thing about wicca but I do know about how energy works with intentions. The only thing separating a skeptic from someone who knows is just experience. Or the lack there of. Again no one in their right mind wants to experience these things and when they do it isn't a fun thing. Knowledge is power and when used correctly can be used to protect yourself and the ones you love. That is the best insurance policy one can have is taking the responsibility by exercising some simple soulutions, instead of paying for it with cash. The insurance companies don't want anyone to hear this or have it spread out there. Another disconnect. Empower yourself instead of dis-empowering yourself and you will be much better off for it. I think that was what Brook is trying to do here. I don't think she is being paranoid, because if you knew her, that wouldn't even come into play. She is coming from a position of strength and is sharing that with us. I see nothing paranoid about that. So whatever floats your boat.

And not to give credit where it is due, thanks to Mudra for sharing the words quoted by,"--from Dzogchen: The Heart Essence of the Great Perfection by His Holiness the Dalai Lama."

Thanks Brook! You go girl!

Last edited by Lionhawk; 11-27-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:35 PM   #23
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Lionhawk, and everyone who has agreed here...it's most important to keep the positive energy flowing. How else are we going to raise the vibration here, if we are dragged down by negative influance, hitting us from the least expeceted sources.

Keep letting the sunshine on...Oh oh..feel another song coming on

Old 11-27-2009, 08:21 PM   #24
TheObserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
* Intruding on your life, ignoring boundaries and privacy (energy vampires don't think of you).
* Making big deals out of nothing. Energy vampires are often called "drama queens" because they can easily turn a broken nail into a Shakespearean tragedy. Negative energy spreads from everyday events.
* Complaining constantly about their partners, jobs, children, bad luck, and illnesses. Energy vampires like to vent.
* Criticizing your hair, appearance, job, children, partner, friends, and pets (energy vampires aren't positive).
* Not taking "no" for an answer. Energy vampires don't consider your needs.
* Being unrelentingly negative. Their negative energy is relentless, and energy vampires drain your positive energy by encouraging you to be negative, too.
* Blaming everyone else for their problems (energy vampires don't take responsibility).

Sounds like every ex-gf i've ever had at the end of the relationship.
TheObserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:08 PM   #25
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Observer...that's why they are EX"S.