Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Fear Mongering. Get off it.

Dear friends there is a fair amount of fear mongering on this forum.
Get off it.
Why?
A story.
One of my close friends was a Black Belt Karati Instructor, as fit as could be.
He took the advice to get various flu jabs over the years has had numerous health issues since, he was genuinely concerned about getting flu and after all he is over sixty and that age group is suposed to be more likley to die from flu. Is that so?
I doubt it.

Anyway positive thinking boosts the immune system.
All fear without exception reduces the natural ability to avoid illness.

The fight or flight syndrom produces an adrenalin high and then the crash,

Very successful athletes may get nervous but they dont have fear the moment they start performing. Their best performances ocur when they get in the "zone"

If you trace fear down to its ultimate cause, its a fear of death.
Remove the belief that you die and you remove all fear.
If you have the slightest faith that there is life after death then what is there to fear.
If the world ended to morow could you cease to exist? I think not.
So why worry?

Any good spiirtitual teacher looks years younger then their age.
Eckhart Tolle is in his 60s he looks 50. Dr David Hawkins in his 80s and full of life.

Books like "The Power of Now" by Eckhart and "Power versus Force" By Dr Hawkins will hellp to developpe a belief that there is life on going after death of the body.

Power is of the Divine, force is of the ego.
The ego produces and loves fear. Power being of the Divine promotes health and well being.

You have a choice choose wisely.

Im not saying put your head in the sand, dont be aware of what is happening in the world, no im saying be aware of the events of the world but dont get caught up in it.

Papers are sold on bad news,
There is so good news out there but rarely reported because it is so common place that it dosent sell newspapers.

Once we get off the bad news addiction then we might just see a better world.
We tend to attract what we think on.
Think positively then thats what we attract into our lives.
The opposite also applies.

Losers limp explains it well.
I watched on tv an Oxford Cambridge boat race a while back. At the end the winneres were full of life ecstatic. The losers exhausted slumped over the oars. There was only several foot between the winning result and second place (only two boats).
Thats the difference between believing you can win and doubting your ability.

Reporting fact is one thing, drawing all kinds of conclusions from it is different.
Two plus Two still = Four as far as I know.

You will always find evidence to support your point of view, just let go of a point of view and see what happens.

The ego will go to enormous lengths to prove itself right.
Who cares!!! Its a so what!!
Having a point of view is human and fine but dwelling on it and thinking it is the truth and the only possible point of view is unhealthy.

And thats just my opinion
Feel free to differ.

Chris

Last edited by greybeard; 03-09-2010 at 03:57 PM.
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
taomation
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Fear Mongering. Get off it.

Agreed and well put.

Be greateful for all of your experience not just what you term as good, but everything. Every moment has a purpose...

Cheers.
taomation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member

Chris, this is very true.
There are some intentional tricks here to draw our attention toward fear.
There is no other way to prevail them, than to focuss on our basic positive ideals.
Let us not allow to be involved into labyrinths without exit.

Love&Respect
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #4
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for comments.
The thread will probably not get get a lot of attention.
Being realistic, which is positive.
After all who thinks/realizes that they are fear mongering?

Now If I stared a thread entitled. "Hear This I have proof we are Doomed"
Of course your going to die we all do.
But not yet I hope.

Only thing to be frightened of is fear.

Chris
Old 03-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #5
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you very useful, I may add that fear is just ignorance, if we learn and dispel the darkness of a subject we no longer fear

So the best way to overcome fear is by confronting what we fear, understanding which are our choices and what we can do about it

Love
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardustaquarion View Post
Thank you very useful, I may add that fear is just ignorance, if we learn and dispel the darkness of a subject we no longer fear

So the best way to overcome fear is by confronting what we fear, understanding which are our choices and what we can do about it

Love
Yes and no. Just one word confront.
That which is given energy tends to persist.
Confront implies force.
I spent years as a therapist helping people overcome transcend fears/phobias.
NLP was very helpful, Hypnotherapy too.
You cant force fear to go it will fight you with the same degree of energy you use to fight it off.
Sometimes outside support and help is necessary.
Dispel I agree with totally, evaporate it.
Understanding great too.
Visualizing what live will be like, lived full of confidence is helpful.
Assume a virtue and it yours.
Hope this is of help to some one.
Chris
Old 03-09-2010, 01:04 PM   #7
wynderer
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Greybeard--

'If you trace fear down to its ultimate cause, its a fear of death.
Remove the belief that you die and you remove all fear.'

these words are the heart of what you're saying, i think -- wise words -- i have had some painful lessons this lifetime re acting from fear

i myself really don't see any fearmongering on either the PC or the PA forum -- i see a lot of info, including some very helpful info of a spiritual nature

Peace & Freedom, wynderer
wynderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #8
HORIZONS
Avalon Senior Member

I have always found that when fear arises, and it will, I must face those fears -- look them straight in the eye -- and I always manage to overcome them. For we have nothing to fear, not even fear itself.
HORIZONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #9
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Talking Re: Fear Mongering. Get off it.

Morning to you Grey you are in quite a cheerful mood today.
Good and bad experiences when we take the fear factor away leads to profound insights , that leads to peace and tranquility. A few times in my life fear has hit me. One time I was swimming in the Ocean and a got drag down by a huge wave. No matter what I did I could not pull myself up. In moments like this your life flashes before your eyes my fear turn to happiness and hope a very distinct voice just said, 'don't give up' , so I did not and then I made it to shore, happy as can be I felt like a new man was just reborn in that moment. If we give in to fear we missed the point of what awaits for us once we overcome our fears, the chance to explore, learn and experience.

Is time to go Blessings to all...
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:23 PM   #10
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: Fear Mongering. Get off it.

Ah~ Barophobia the fear of feeling pulled down or oppressed. Those who fear this natural force will feel overpowered by its strength and its effect on the world around. The gravitational forces at play in the universe are central to our understanding of the physical world. Without a knowledge of gravity and what is it does, there would be little progress. Now i'm not suggesting you start with sky~diving first

Thank you Chris
as always~ Gio

Last edited by giovonni; 03-09-2010 at 10:20 PM.
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #11
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

You have to go through it to get through it...imho
Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #12
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rareheart View Post
You have to go through it to get through it...imho
Yes this is true.
Each fear gives a choice to build spiritual muscle or get dragged down by it.
Any one who is not fond of the word spiritual can of course substitute -- positive thinking.
Speaking generally of course.
Chris
Old 03-09-2010, 03:49 PM   #13
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

{quotes of greybeard} positive thinking boosts the immune system.

Im not saying put your head in the sand, dont be aware of what is happening in the world, no im saying be aware of the events of the world but dont get caught up in it.

Papers are sold on bad news,
There is so good new out there but rarely reported because it is so common place that it dosent sell newspapers.

Once we get off the bad new addiction then we might just see a better world.
We tend to attract what we think on.
Think positively then thats what we attract into our lives.
The opposite also applies.

Losers limp explains it well.
I watched on tv an Oxford Cambridge boat race a while back. At the end the winneres were full of life ecstatic. The losers exhausted slumped over the oars. There was only several foot between the winning result and second place (only two boats).
Thats the difference between believing you can win and doubting your ability. {end quotes}
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree^^, The images in our heads have a very good chance of materializing. We need to be very careful when dwelling on undesired thoughts.
If only people knew how to empower themselves without fear...
Fear is an serious issue, it often discourages people from living up to their true potential.

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #14
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Samuel View Post
Morning to you Grey you are in quite a cheerful mood today.
Good and bad experiences when we take the fear factor away leads to profound insights , that leads to peace and tranquility. A few times in my life fear has hit me. One time I was swimming in the Ocean and a got drag down by a huge wave. No matter what I did I could not pull myself up. In moments like this your life flashes before your eyes my fear turn to happiness and hope a very distinct voice just said, 'don't give up' , so I did not and then I made it to shore, happy as can be I felt like a new man was just reborn in that moment. If we give in to fear we missed the point of what awaits for us once we overcome our fears, the chance to explore, learn and experience.

Is time to go Blessings to all...
Yes had a similar experience Frank my friend.
I kissed the beach.
It sure strengthens one.
Chris
Chris
Old 03-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #15
pedro m.b.
Avalon Senior Member

believe in oneself brings peace and tranquility, we realise that´s nothing to fear.

pedro m.b. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #16
shiva777
Avalon Senior Member

let's face it almost EVERY "insider" interviewed by Project Camelot paints a very challenging and dramatic or "fearful" picture of what our near future may look like...they give their SMALL slice of what they have been told is going on with the Illuminati's agendas...they are usually not very spiritually developed and hence come to very "fearful" conclusions about things....so if you complain about this forum being "fearful" than why are you even here on this forum...Project Camelot has interviewed so many "fear mongering" insiders who play in to the Illuminatis fear spreading games, whose projected futures have already not occurred...for example...economic cpollapses last year,Swine flu mass deaths last year,massive terrorist attacks last year...none of them have come to pass....what most of these people fail to see is that timelines they speak of have already collapsed as they speak of them...so don't take any "insiders" opinions too seriously...mine gthe gold from the ***** and work on raising your own frequency,that's the best thing you can do for yourself and the planet...it's an INSIDE job,not an "insiders" job

Last edited by shiva777; 03-09-2010 at 07:24 PM.
shiva777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:21 PM   #17
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro m.b. View Post
believe in oneself brings peace and tranquility, we realise that´s nothing to fear.

Thanks for this love your signature.

Yes the whole world belongs to us.
Lets change it.
Mind you to be honest my world doesn't need changed since I changed my mind.
Ch
Old 03-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #18
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Just one word confront.
Thank you for your observation greybeard, I should have chosen my words more carfully

What I intended to convey was to have the courage to look at our fears

as in confront - deal with (something unpleasant) head on; "You must confront your problems";

Love
Old 03-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #19
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

To the pure all things are pure.
"Nothing is right or wrong till thinking makes it so" Shakespeare said that.

However not everyone is at the point where they can shrug of "bad news " and call it a learning experience, takes time to develop that kind of attitude. Took me half a life time.
and dont test me yet on everything -- smiling.

I chose the title of the thread to attract attention therefore healthy debate.
If I had called it The good news thread (great idea why dident I ) then only the people who are allready aware of the power of the positive would have read it.

Ultimately nothing is bad or good it just is.
People who share their strength and hope on the forum lift those who struggle with the "news" So there is a balance here.

Ch
Old 03-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #20
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah, we can say that everything is "perfect" in our manifestations because they reflects which kind of energetic frequency we have chosen

Ideal is to be in resonance with Source and to live in harmony with the laws of the universe

Love
Old 03-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #21
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardustaquarion View Post
Thank you for your observation greybeard, I should have chosen my words more carfully

What I intended to convey was to have the courage to look at our fears

as in confront - deal with (something unpleasant) head on; "You must confront your problems";

Love
Hi your a Star.
After my comment I realized there are other meanings to the word confront.
My apologies.
I love people posting as it helps me greatly, it triggers responses which are sometimes not completely appropriate.

Ch
Old 03-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #22
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Looking around the cave men slowly approached the Dinosaur, quietly approaching hearts pounding with fear, senses peaked to the limit.

Adrenalin pumping through their system to the point of recognizing any movement and being able to react as in reflex.

They knew before the beast moved it was coming, because their inner instincts were open almost allowing them to see into the future...

Fear is actually an important part of preparing for a battle, getting past the fear gives strength to the point of heroism.

now the real question is, who is instilling the fear and what do they gain by bringing us to the point of lighting up our abilities?
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #23
Myself
Avalon Senior Member

It's incredible that consciousness manifests itself in such manner. This morning I had a mind bubble consisting of an 'avalon-eckhart-tolle-now-nothing-to-fear' compounds. I'm fascinated by this connectedness!

And as a side note on a subject; being now in presence and not feeding your mind with fatal scenarios and digress about what can happen seems to be the only logical way (although the mind/ego says the opposite). We are going to die, that is our physical bodies will, and we can't do anything about it. So why fear it and try to omit what's inevitable ? Fear nothing and live your life the path of love
Myself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #24
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Could it be by being tossed into these likely scenarios, our minds are getting preprogrammed so if and when the day comes we are prepared to act?

The world has plenty of sheeples that wake up go to work, come home and go to bed with no thoughts of what might be coming in the future.

this is a meeting place of the gifted from around the planet, I would love to see a pinmap of the areas watched by this forum.

We aren't afraid of jumping into a subject and discussing the possibilities for all those reading along. As we are discussing best possible scenarios for an outcome, we are sharing wisdom to many that might need it in the future.

So I'm afraid the fear does have its purpose and strange as it may seem is doing all of us good.
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #25
HORIZONS
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz View Post
Could it be by being tossed into these likely scenarios, our minds are getting preprogrammed so if and when the day comes we are prepared to act?

The world has plenty of sheeples that wake up go to work, come home and go to bed with no thoughts of what might be coming in the future.

this is a meeting place of the gifted from around the planet, I would love to see a pinmap of the areas watched by this forum.

We aren't afraid of jumping into a subject and discussing the possibilities for all those reading along. As we are discussing best possible scenarios for an outcome, we are sharing wisdom to many that might need it in the future.

So I'm afraid the fear does have its purpose and strange as it may seem is doing all of us good.
Good post's Rock, they make us think.

Every time we overcome fear we advance and grow as a being, and every time we give in to fear we retreat and do not grow as a being and will just face the issue again in another fashion. To arrive at a state where there is truly no fear is to be a master of one's own life.
HORIZONS is offline   Reply With Quote