Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-08-2008, 04:19 AM   #1
Shechaiyah
Banned

Default Why Al Collier's Knowledge Isn't HELPING US

I've listened to and read everything Collier has released; and there's something he doesn't realize, that the Andromedans apparently don't know, either.

Humanity IS BESET BY TWO CONQUERING high-tech races, both predatory.

The Orion Group sent the Annunaki (RepTILIANS) here, with their caste systems, layered elitist bureaucracies and secrecy, which have dominated humanity since the founding of Sumer. That's on this planet, proper. They are predatory AND parasitic; and we mammalian humans cannot distinguish them from ourselves, except that they are very "Clever," "subtle," "sneaky."

Mars, also with a large human population, is dominated (as Collier notes) by the Alpha Draconis (Reptoid) Race, which is so overtly predatory on their own human race, that Mars has been STRIPPED OF WILDLIFE, to feed them. That is WHY our planet is now facing abductions for the purpose of feeding ETs.

Now! Through the Iraq Stargate, attempting to halt or stem abductions by the Alphs Dracs (whose ships look like long cigars), terran humans are at war against Mars humans, to the extent that the two dominated serpent races have set one human planet civ society against the other.

Alex Collier never mentions, and perhaps the Andromedans or the Pleideadians or whoever, don't realize that our two human planets are BOTH DOMINATED by these Alien Reptile high-tech Races. We human on these two planets HAVE NO HISTORY OF OUR OWN, GOING BACK to the time of Sumer because we have all been subject to the Reptile-Predatory and Reptile-parasite methodologies of the Orions and the Alpha Dracs.

And of course, our Reptilian-human-hybrid leadership, who may not even be aware of the difference between themselves and "normal" mammalian humans, keep claiming they're smarter than the rest of us. Never mind, admitting their reptile genes makes them MORE PREDATORY than ordinary peace-loving sociable mammals.

Our leaders act like reptiles. Mars' leaders ARE reptiles. When do we humans get a chance to govern ourselves, anyway?

How do we get Reptilian-hybrids and RepTOID invaders OUT OF THE WAY, so we can live in Peace as other mammalian hominid/humanoids are able to do?

Betcha never thought about it this way, before. Collier never spoke of it in this last lecture; although he spoke of it in his 1994 lecture.

How can we be safe with NATURAL predators guarding the henhouse, who have no respect for the Rule of Law?

Shech--
Shechaiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:00 AM   #2
Shechaiyah
Banned

Default Re: Why Al Collier's Knowledge Isn't HELPING US

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...01&vt=lf&hl=en

The Reptile-thinking PREDATOR INVASION needs to be chased OUT!

Regardless what someone LOOKS LIKE, if they're predatory or parasitic,
they think like a Reptile (Reptilian or RepTOID).

Being consumed by slavery is not what we're FOR!

OUT! OUT! OUT OF HERE, you sneaky Predators!

Shech-- [Let's have a cheer!]
Old 10-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #3
Theresa
Avalon Senior Member

I was shown by spirit last year that the Orion's have joined the Galactic Federation, meaning apparently they have "evolved."

I was told that a condition of their membership was to "clean up" the mess they've made here with our governments. Interesting...we'll see, I guess.
Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #4
Shechaiyah
Banned

Thank you so much for speaking up. In the past few days, there have been meetings of the Galactic Council to see why it is that this Mammalian Planet has no authenticity of its own, just why it is operating as if Reptiles ruled.

Last thing I heard, the Orions (RepTILIANS) are kicked out of this entire Galaxy by the Galaxy Council for all time and eternity. By imposing 5th Density ideology on a 3rd Density Frequency-Level, the Orion Group is considered to be an imposer of unacceptable power-relations, especially due to the practice of perfidy and deceit on the populace.

They are GONE. And they will not be back. So, if you were a student of the Orion Group and Annunaki Branch, you're going to have to find another Mentor, or stay lost in Oblivion without direction of any kind.

The Alpha Draconis, REPTOIDS, are under investigation for cannibalism; and their plea is that their bodies (paws and claws) are unadaptable for human work. Appropriate genetic engineering or protheses to enable Reptoids to do something with their minor extremities besides KILL and CULL are under consideration.

Shech--
Old 10-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #5
Steve_G

Deleted by me for reasons of pointless ranting and victim mentality avoidance.

Last edited by Steve_G; 10-10-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:10 PM   #6
Shechaiyah
Banned

The Galactic Council didn't know because controls are not OVERT.

It's not appropriate for predatory and parasitic Reptiles to prey on mammalian societies indefinitely.

It's not appropriate for predatory and parasitic Reptilian HYBRIDS to pretend they are some kind of ELITE so they can ACT LIKE REPTILES, without any consequences.

Their day is done. But this means, if we mammalian humans are to be set free, we must be competent to live in cooperation with each other, and leave the predatory and parasitic elements of society, behind. Cut them off. Prosecute under Law. Restrain if necessary.

Shech--
Old 10-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #7
Shechaiyah
Banned

Don't you get it?

what the Andromedans and Pleiadians are trying to tell us is this?

SECRECY, PERFIDY (LIES), DECEIT AND FRAUD are NO WAY

to run a planet, except into the ground.

So, why do we accept a political process in which Secrecy, Perfidy, Deceit and Fraud are "normal"?

Are we stupid, or what?

Do you REALLY THINK wishing and hoping and affirmations are going to do anything about this?

Are we children? shall we play "Let's Pretend!" or shall we deal with our situation like adults?

We must get predators and parasites out of Government. Period.

Whatever it takes, whatever the cost!

Shech--

Last edited by Shechaiyah; 10-08-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #8
feeler
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shechaiyah View Post
The Galactic Council didn't know because controls are not OVERT.

It's not appropriate for predatory and parasitic Reptiles to prey on mammalian societies indefinitely.
Shechaiyah,

How can this be? Our missing children are being preyed upon and digested. Aren't these events observable to the federation, even if they take place in the underground bases?

Alex C. told us.

We have 'control' over whatever is on our dinner plates every evening. Don't we?
feeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:18 PM   #9
Shechaiyah
Banned

Quote:
old us.

We have 'control' over whatever is on our dinner plates every evening. Don't we?
Of course not.

Have you NOT READ "Codex Aliementarius"?

Are you aware a half a million children disappear out of the USA every year, and no trace of them is ever seen again?

Why do you think the government went to the expense of bussing kids to school ... because they know and knew about this. It's not safe to walk to school anymore, anywhere on this planet.

Why do you think ALL Mars residential architecture is "hidden" from view? especially from satellite surveillance? Predation upon humans there. And now that Mars is running out of mammals to eat, they're coming here.

http://missingchild.wordpress.com/ca...en-statistics/

Why do you think the interior of the US is being emptied of industry and population? Why there are 200 ghost towns in Texas alone? why Watertown NY, a city of 100,000 is now a ghost town?

Secrecy, perfidy and fraud are not legitimate exercises of governance, nor are they effective strategies for keeping working classes safe in the presence of abductors and human predators cruising our skies in UFOs.

If you get my drift ... this is a problem to be solved by reasonable means -- not a fable to dismiss out of hand.

UFOs and ETs have a contemporary history on our planet, which our supposed "governors" ignor and deny, even while we feel the effects of the presence of predators and bioweapons upon our persons and families and communities.

Why do you think migration is out of control? Some areas have worse predation by ET dragoons than others do; so governments just let people migrate, at will. Mexico has a much worse UFO/ET situation than we do. That's why they're all coming here ... for safety, in numbers.

Shech--
Old 10-08-2008, 07:38 PM   #10
feeler
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shechaiyah View Post
Of course not.

Have you NOT READ "Codex Aliementarius"?

Are you aware a half a million children disappear out of the USA every year, and no trace of them is ever seen again?

Why do you think the government went to the expense of bussing kids to school ... because they know and knew about this. It's not safe to walk to school anymore, anywhere on this planet.

Why do you think ALL Mars residential architecture is "hidden" from view? especially from satellite surveillance? Predation upon humans there. And now that Mars is running out of mammals to eat, they're coming here.

Why do you think the interior of the US is being emptied of industry and population? Why there are 200 ghost towns in Texas alone? why Watertown NY, a city of 100,000 is now a ghost town?

Secrecy, perfidy and fraud are not legitimate exercises of governance, nor are they effective strategies for keeping working classes safe in the presence of abductors and human predators cruising our skies in UFOs.

If you get my drift ... this is a problem to be solved by reasonable means -- not a fable to dismiss out of hand.

UFOs and ETs have a contemporary history on our planet, which our supposed "governors" ignor and deny, even while we feel the effects of the presence of predators and bioweapons upon our persons and families and communities.

Why do you think migration is out of control? Some areas have worse predation by ET dragoons than others do; so governments just let people migrate, at will. Mexico has a much worse UFO/ET situation than we do. That's why they're all coming here ... for safety, in numbers.

Shech--
Shechaiyah

If this is obvious to you (obvious to me too), why are you saying: "The Galactic Council didn't know because controls are not OVERT"?

My point is: It should be obvious to the galactic council if it's obvious to you and me (and Alex C too). We are the food source (being eaten) and we are not being controlled?

Last edited by feeler; 10-08-2008 at 07:49 PM.
feeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:55 PM   #11
Shechaiyah
Banned

APPARENTLY, it wasn't talked about, between Alex and his Mentors.

Predation on mammals in this solar system was either not seen at all or not seen as IMPORTANT.

Reptilian predators within the leadership of mammalian humans APPARENTLY was seen as a FAULT of the humans, not as an inherited trait in Reptilian-hybrids.

We mammals are being blamed for what the predatory Illuminati are doing, at the level of the Galactic council -- at least -- we were until recently.

And whereas Alex Collier was dismayed about the predations of the AlphaDracs and Orions in his 1994 interview, it never even comes up in the present interview although the evidence that we are in a war on Mars, with our guys on the ground, is almost irrefutable. How do our boys and their equipment get there? ... through the Iraq Stargate in the Green Zone at Baghdad.

This could be why, when I wrote to a penpal MD in his fourth tour in Iraq, he told me he had NEVER seen a single battle injury. Not in Iraq.

There's a lot more going on than our lying, cheating, prevaricating leaders are telling us about.

http://www.abidemiracles.com/marswars.htm

Old 10-08-2008, 08:16 PM   #12
Steve_G

Also deleted by me for reasons of pointless ranting and victim mentality avoidance.

Last edited by Steve_G; 10-11-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:38 PM   #13
Shechaiyah
Banned

As I understand it, the Orions have been kicked out of the Galaxy en toto because they abuse the prerogatives of law.

You know, my posting is supposed to be good news, not more bad news.

Now, the AlphaDracs are in a bad situation also. Their Sovereign Sylph doesn't know genetic engineering; so they are stuck with claws instead of finger and opposing thumbs, and they are nearly helpless to DO ANYTHING for themselves.

All they know how to do is kill and terrorize; and they want to evolve out of that. They, unlike Reptilians, know the difference between Truth and Deception; and so they are more easily socialized into responsible behavior than the Reptile Elites of the Orion Group, who have less sense of what is true than they have what is ideologically CORRECT.

So, here is what I believe is happening on Mars because the AlphaDracs have preyed upon mammals on Mars til they outnumber the mammals.

The order has been given, and the Sovereign Sylph conceded, that the souls of the reptiles had to be removed from these primitive forms; and what is in process now is the slaughter of the serpents, by the millions. Thus, AlphaDrac leaders are facing the slaughter of their numbers in silence, on the promise they will be engineered new DNA in a more civilly acceptable form so they can abandon cannibalism as their only and primary source of nourishment and energy.

Slaughter is an experience the Alpha Dracs themselves had effected about 200,000 years ago until they got sick of it. Now it is our turn to have to slaughter until we are sick of slaughtering ... that is, our troops there are "taking out" as many of the constrictors and vipers as their weapons can destroy. And if you've ever been to a slaughterhouse, you know this is exhausting work.

The ships that come here to prey on Terran humans must be resisted. That's all I hear about that part of it.

So, to summarize, the 5th Density Orions who support the New world Odour are GONE, for all time and eternity. The Mars war is proceeding with the slaughter of millions of reptiles, to salvage human life there. And the AlphaDracs ships headed here will have to be resisted with all due force.

And this is as far as I got.

Shech--
Old 10-08-2008, 11:57 PM   #14
Steve_G

Ok I'm calm again. Rough week dude, sorry. I'd like to know the source of all this if you would please.

In the meantime, lets see if I've got the scenario straight:

The 5thD Orions are the Nordics. They sent the ReptILIANS (ie Annunaki) here, who are responsible for the Nephilim, the bloodlines that form the NWO royalty. The Galactic Federation (GTF) didn't know about the human looking hybrids and assumed that the Orion-type hierarchies formed naturally. Now they've found out the Orions and Annunaki have been ejected from the galaxy permanently, but the Nephilim remain.

There is another human population on Mars, and they are controlled by the Alpha-Draconis ReptOIDs (ADR). The ADR have slaughtered the human population on Mars to the extent that they now outnumber them, and the reason they're giving for this is the genetics that limit them to weapons for limbs. They are in OVERT control of the human population on Mars, and because they have hunted all the wildlife to extinction (and presumably because they can't kill any more humans or they'll starve) they are now abducting and eating children from Earth.

Our NWO Nephilim know this, and using the Iraq Stargate they have effectively launched a counter-offensive against the ADR. The Martian Human military is repelling this invasion under ADR orders, meanwhile the ADR is sending a fleet here to attack us directly.

But at the same time the ADR have told TGF that they want to evolve beyond their "kill anything that moves" behaviour, and to hasten this process are allowing the Earth humans to slaughter millions of their own people in order to release their souls. The reason for this is to allow time to alter their genetics so they can reincarnate in bodies more suited to interaction and cooperation with other races, including the humans.

Assuming that I've got all that straight (and it wouldn't surprise me if I haven't, I'm knackered and not feeling too good), why are the Martian humans fighting us when the Reptoids aren't, and why are the ADR sending a fleet here while allowing millions of their people to be slaughtered on Mars?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:59 PM   #15
Luigis Mushroom
Avalon Senior Member

Annunaki were from the last era, they aren't in charge of this one.

Also the Alpha Draconi are a faction of the Pleidian empire.
Luigis Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:10 AM   #16
Shechaiyah
Banned

The Annunaki, in the form of Babylonian Illuminism, never left.

The Alpha Draconis were here long before we mammals were; then they left; now they're back in force.

We have two high-tech Reptile societies to contend against, at once, and we also have RepTILIAN-HYBRIDS dominating our human Terran leadership ... like we need them like a hole in the head. Never A Straight Answer out of the mouths of Elites these days. To them ideology is much more compelling than Truth -- just like their Annunaki forebears.

Now's a good time to pray and WORK for Deliverance.

Shech--
Old 10-09-2008, 02:14 AM   #17
Chesmayne
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Andromeda constellation.......

http://www.chesmayne.info

Andromeda constellation description for the ground crew.......

01 She is the beautiful daughter [Princess] of Queen Cassiopeia who was chained to a rock and offered to the sea monster. This constellation is in the shape of a ‘V’. Her head is marked by ‘Alpheratz’ [see ‘Pegasus’], which means ‘The Navel of the Horse’. Alpheratz is also known as ‘Sirrah’ [Arabic: ‘Al Surrat al Faras’ which means ‘The Navel of the Horse’]. Sirrah is a blue-white star of spectral type B8IvpMnHg, +2.06. In one arm of the ‘V’ are the stars Mirach [which mark the lions] and Almak ‘Weasel’ [which mark Andromeda’s foot]. Just above Alpheratz is the double star Groombridge-34.

This pair of stars [Groombridge-34] are our 16th nearest neighbours. Nearby is M031, the Great Andromeda Galaxy. This fuzzy patch can be seen on a dark night with the unaided eye! It is in fact a giant spiral galaxy at a distance of 2.9+ million ly. Nearby are M032 and NGC-205 [satellite galaxies of Andromeda] and the equivalent of our own Milky Way Magellanic Clouds. It is composed of several hundred billion suns. Andromeda is also a member of our ‘Local Group’ of 20+ galaxies. Galaxies come in the following shapes:- elliptical, lenticular [lens-shaped], Spiral, barred-Spiral and irregular. ‘p’ is sometimes added to indicate ‘peciular’. Nearby the star Mirach is the spiral M033 which is known as the ‘Pinwheel’ [it is in fact in the constellation of Triangulum]. For southern hemisphere observers this is a northerly constellation and is only visible for an hour or two each night. On the South Island [New Zealand] the most northerly parts of Andromeda do not rise above the horizon. Thus there is a fairly brief window of opportunity to see M031 during the hours of darkness in southern climes.

Andromeda and the Monster has a similar ring to the story of George and the Dragon. The heroine is Andromeda, daughter of KI Cepheus of Ethopia and his vain wife QU Cassiopeia whose boasting knew no bounds. QU Cassiopeia claimed that she was more lovely even than the Nereids - an alluring group of sea nymphs, daughters of Nereus, a god of the sea. KI Cepheus appealed to the Oracle of Ammon for an answer and was informed that he must sacrifice his virgin daughter to appease the sea monster Cetus. QU Cassiopeia angered the god Poseidon who sought his revenge for her vanity. QU Cassiopeia watched from the shore with remorse as her daughter was tied to a rock on the wave-lashed cliffs, pale with terror and crying pitifully at her impending doom. Perseus was passing, fresh from his exploit of beheading Medusa the Gorgon monster. His heart was all-aflutter at the sight of the frail Andromeda in distress, chained to a rock awaiting her impending fate.

At first sight Perseus thought she was a marble statue, but when the wind ruffled her hair and he saw the warm tears on her cheeks he realized she was human. Perseus asked Andromeda her name but she did not reply as she awaited the slavering jaws of Cetus. Finally, she told Perseus her story but broke off with a screech as she saw the monster breasting the waves as it approached her. Perseus swooped down, killed Cetus, released Andromeda to the applause of the watching crowd and claimed her for his bride. Athene placed Andromeda between Perseus and her mother Cassiopeia. Now the constellation of Pisces - the Fishes separates her from the dreaded Sea Monster [Cetus] in our night sky in rememberance of this epic story.

02 Andromeda is the 19th largest of the 88 constellations as seen from earth. Any decent tour of the night sky includes M031, our neighbouring galaxy. It can be seen with the naked eye from a dark country site. This is considered one of the all time best showpieces of the night sky. Arriving just in time for the harvest season, it contains a wealth of spectacular deep sky objects for the amateur astronomer. It becomes obvious in a pair of 10 x 50mm binoculars as an oval shaped fuzzy patch of light. It is said to be the most distant object that is visible to the unaided eye at 2.9+ million ly. Through my 16-inch Newtonian the dust lanes of Andromeda become visible. The center of the galaxy appears as a bright condensed core and the entire field of view is filled with the diffuse glow from the spiral arms. Two other galaxies are nearby [M032 and NGC-205] - these are in fact sister galaxies to M031 and both are elliptical galaxies. NGC-205 measures 17m x 10m in size. Nearby is the lenticular galaxy NGC-404 at +12. Gamma Andromedae is a fine double-star and considered a showpiece of the sky. The two components are of differing colours and are separated easily in 60mm to 100mm telescopes, the brighter member being +2.2 and the latter +5.0. NGC-891 [the ‘Outer Limits Galaxy’] is seen edge-on and my 16-inch reveals the dust lane bisecting the nucleus of this galaxy. It measures 12m x 1m and appears like a thin pencil line. It was used in the opening of the TV show ‘The Outer Limits’ and hence the name. It is truly a spectacular galaxy in a larger telescope. In a 200m telescope it looks like a nice spindle of a galaxy with a hint of a dust lane. In 16-inch and larger telescopes it begins to look spectacular and in a Collins-I3 image intensified eyepiece the view is really amazing. NGC-752 is an easy open cluster. 70+ stars of this cluster can be seen with a pair of binoculars which measures about 0.5° in size.

NGC-7662 is a good planetary nebula at +8. You will need high magnification to see it properly. The smudge of light at Andromeda’s knee is M031. In a dark sky the disk of M031 extends as far as 5° across the field of view as a milky glow. Many are impressed with this galaxies magnificent presence in an ultra-wide 100° eyepiece. NGC-205 is sometimes referred to as M110 - Messier missed this one! It is necessary to nudge your telescope slightly away from M031 in order to see NGC-205 in all its splendor without the interfering light of M031 getting in your way. M031 itself is a mighty assemblage of a few hundred billion stars. It is nearly twice the size of our own Milky Way home. Its tremendous distance reduces M031 to a soft naked eye glow in our skies. In 1924 Edwin Hubble made the announcement that M031 was not a nearby cloud of interstellar gas but a distant galaxy in its own right - an island universe! Before this time astronomers believed this object to be a single star in the process of forming its own solar system. Charles Messier numbered it ‘31’ on his list of annoying comet-look-alikes in the 18th century. Under dark skies it looks like a gray, oval patch of light to the unaided eye. Patient observers will note that the northwest side has a sharp edge. The southeast side will be seen to fade into the sky background. M110 is difficult to see in binoculars, so you may have to resort to a telescope. M033 in Triangulum and M074 in Pisces are not far away from Andromeda. Andromeda consists of a line of +2 stars extending from Alpheratz [Alpha] to Almach [Gamma]. It is also known as ‘The Princess of Ethiopia.’ Some observers are able to visually detect M033 - the spiral galaxy in Triangulum - making it and not M031 the farthest object that can be seen with the naked eye - can you?

Gamma Andromeda or Almach is a multiple star system - the two brightest are seen as blue and orange. M031 can be found about 1° west of Nu Andromedae. At a dark site its full diameter will definitely exceed 4°. A low power wide-angle eyepiece is recommended for viewing this galaxy - a 100 degree Nagler! It is also called the ‘Little Cloud’ and was mentioned by Al Sufi in 905 AD and first seen telescopically by Simon Marius in 1611 AD. In larger scopes [8-inch and up] a prominent dark lane will be seen on the northwestern edge which can be seen in the photos of M031? It is tilted 15° from an edge-on view and has a spiral pattern. In 1953 it was found that the stars are composed of two types - Population-I in the spiral arms and Population-II in the nuclear hub. This galaxy [the nearest one to us here on Earth] is 2.9 million ly distant - our Sun would appear as +29.1 at this distance - very f..a…i….n…..t. It may have 300+ billion distinct stars - fifty stars for each person on earth! It measures about 200,000 ly across. Seven spiral arms have been observed. NGC-206 may be found near the southern tip. The nucleus of Andromeda is about fifty ly in diameter and contains about 10 million stars. Some of these stars may only be a couple of hundred AU apart. There are 140+ globular star clusters surrounding this huge galaxy which is moving towards us at 35+ km per second. 100+ novae have peppered the Andromeda galaxy since 1923. In the past two million years it is estimated that 50+ million novae have appeared in M031. She has four satellite companions NGC-221, 205, 185 and 147 which we may be able to visit in the future in space ships as seen in the Star Trek television series.

03 A nice pair of delightful objects that can be seen in the same field of view are B-Andromedae [a yellow-orange star at 75 ly distance] and NGC-404 [an elliptical galaxy at +11) at 15s distance from B-And. A definite nucleus will be observed if you can spot it?

04 Within the 4° x 1° elongated cloud of M031 are many fine objects for the dedicated observer with a large telescope of 16+ to 40+ inches. To give you an idea of the size of this galaxy: through a telescope 1-minute of M031 equals a span of 850 ly! M031 is 20% more massive and 40% bigger than our Milky Way Galaxy and is approaching us at 135,000 miles per hour! At low power it spreads out into a milky cotton glow with a bright knotted nucleus and tenuous outer disk which is crossed by a narrow lane of darker dust. Many open and globular clusters can be glimpsed in the Andromeda Galaxy. You will need to use high power [300x to 650x]. NGC-206 or A-076 is an OB-Association measuring 2m x 4m in extent. Others include A-054, A-061, and A-067.

Globular clusters orbit the parent galaxy like bumble bees at a hive and include G-076, G-078, G213, G-233, G-244, G-251, G-257, G-272 and G-28. G001 is 130,000 lys distant from M031’s nucleus and may be found 2.5° south-west of M031’s core in 10-inch and larger scopes at +13.5. These clusters are in the range +13.5 to +18.1 with an apparent size of 4s to 10s and visible in medium to large telescopes. This globular cluster [G001] alone contains over a 1,000,000 stars and is the largest globular cluster in our Local Group of galaxies. G001 has been imaged by the Hubble Space Telescope and has been found to contain 5,000+ red giant stars. This is the brightest globular in our local group of galaxies. G001 is not in our own galaxy - it is in our neighbouring galaxy, Andromeda! G001 is also called Mayall II. It is not a point source - it has ‘size’ in larger telescopes. This is noticeable when you compare it to the two foreground stars that flank G001 in 10-inch and larger telescopes from a dark site. To find G001 begin your star hop at M032 and wend your way down to the general area. Once you are in the right area change to a high powered eyepiece. G001 lies almost in the middle of two similar magnitude foreground stars. This is helpful when it comes to actually locating it. It is not a stellar point! If you do see G001 you can rest assured that you will be one of the lucky few to have done so. A 20-inch Dobsonian and a Collins-I3 eyepiece gives an excellent view. 20+ globular star clusters in Andromeda are to be imaged by the HST over the next few years.

M031 has 300+ globulars compared to 150+ in our own Milky Way galaxy. G076 may be found 11m south-west of NGC-206 - bright and easily seen. At 600x it shows a fuzzy halo with a bright central region. Open Clusters include C-179, C-202/3, C-263, C-275, C-306, C-311-12-13 and C-410. You may want to spend at least an hour or more touring M031 with your telescope? It spans 200,000+ ly in size. M032 is positioned just 24m south of M031’s core and shines at +8.2. M032 will look like a condensed fuzzy star the first time you see it - take a closer look and you will notice its fuzzy edges. NGC-205 [also known as M110] at +8 is located 36m north-west of M031 and may be seen in a 3-inch refractor or a 4.5-inch reflector. It is smooth, elongated and bright over its entire surface, except at its very edges. NGC-185 and NGC-147 are found 7° north of Andromeda. Galaxy 185 is +11.8 with a distinct oval shape and 147 is +12. These smaller satellite galaxies of Andromeda each contain millions of individual stars themselves! M032 and NGC-205 orbit the Andromeda galaxy much like the ‘Small’ and ‘Large Magellanic Clouds’ which orbit our own Milky Way star system. From an astronomical point of view these companion satellite galaxies are quite tiny when compared with their parents. NGC-205 and M032 are 12,000 ly and 5,000 ly in diameter. M031 is best seen in the autumn months at +3.6 [Northern hemisphere]. It is in fact an easy naked eye or binocular object found 7.5° north-west of Beta Andromedae. To see many of the alluring objects in and around Andromeda all you need is a pair of 10 x 70mm ‘premium’ binoculars mounted ideally on a portable lightweight tripod, or a telescope in the 3 to 4-inch range [ideally, a Takahashi]. M033 in Triangulum [galaxy], M074 [galaxy], NGC-752 and the Pleiades in Taurus [star clusters] and NGC-1499 [California Nebula] will be found in this same part of the sky. See if you can find them on your next night out under the stars? Just above Andromedae you will notice the ‘W’ of Cassiopeia and you will also observe the Double Cluster, NGC-457, M052 and NGC-7789.

05 Alpha or Alpheratz is also called ‘Sirrah’, +2.06 at 120 ly distance. It is moving towards us at seven miles per second! It is also a spectroscopic binary with a period of 96.7 days. Beta is known as ‘Mirach’, +2.03 at 75 ly distance and moving away from us at 0.2 miles each second. It also has a companion star of +14 at a distance of 28s in PA-202°. As a viewing bonus NGC-404 [galaxy] will be found in the same eyepiece view! Take a moment and study beta carefully - you will notice something that looks like a reflection in the lens of your eyepiece. This is a galaxy known as Mirach’s Ghost - NGC 404. Success lies in finding the galaxy and recognizing it for what it is rather than discarding it as a reflection or trick of the light.

Gamma is also called ‘Almach’, +2.12, double [yellow and blue components] at 260 ly distance. This companion is also a double! Gamma Andromedae is a pretty double star suitable for viewing in autumn and winter skies [when Albireo in Cygnus is not conveniently placed for telescopic viewing]. Albireo is regarded as one of the finest double stars in the heavens, one member being distinctly orange and its companion blue. ‘Almach’ [gamma], is composed of a +2.1 golden-coloured primary and a +5.1 blue secondary. The colour contrast of these two stars is readily apparent in any telescope. It is regarded as a true physical double, since the stars lie at the same distance in space and share the same proper motion. Gamma is really a multiple star system. The secondary is itself a close binary. The two components are +5.5 and +6.3, both with the same spectral classification. The combined brightness of these two stars is what makes the secondary system appear as +5.1. If that were not enough in itself, the brighter member of the secondary system also happens to be a spectroscopic binary, making Gamma a quadruple system! Binary stars can only be detected by attaching an accessory called a spectroscope to your telescope. The primary and secondary are easy to split, being separated by about 10s. Splitting the secondary, however, is more difficult. The maximum separation is a tiny 0.55s and occurred in 1982. Since then the two components have become even closer at about 0.30s. Using the standard formula for resolution under ideal observing conditions, this means that a telescope of 16-inches or more is needed to separate/split the pair. Take a look the next time you are in this region of the sky on a dark winter night? It is easy enough to locate. You will not be disappointed with the view?

Delta +3.25, 160 ly distant is approaching us at 4.5 miles per second. Zeta +4.06, binary, 100 ly distant is only separated by about four million miles. Lambda +3.88 at 80 ly. Omicron is +3.63 and rotates at 200+ miles per second at its equator - one of the fastest rotating stars at 500 ly distance. Pi +4.43 has two visual companions. Omega +4.84 [Burnham-82 is in the same field of view]. 36 is +5.45 [double, both suns being yellow], 160 ly distant and separated by about 50 AU. R-Andromedae is a long-period variable [sometimes over 9 magnitudes], visible in binoculars at maximum with a period of 400+ days and a distance of 800+ ly. Z-Andromedae, variable [a recurrent nova], has outbursts of three magnitudes. GRB-34 is a red dwarf binary - one of the nearest double stars to our own star [the Sun] at 11.7 ly. It has a large proper motion of 2.89s per year in PA-82°. These two stars are about 160 AU apart. NGC-752 is a cluster of stars, 45m in size and best seen in a pair of 80mm binoculars. With a 100 degree wide field eyepiece, scan eastward from gamma and look for a large open cluster [NGC 752]. It is best seen in a pair of binoculars or a wide field telescope due to its large size. In a 100mm telescope the best views are at 36x where you will see a couple of dozen stars. Look for two bright golden stars in the field lying just outside the cluster itself. . NGC-891, a spiral galaxy, 12m x 1m, +12 [superb example of an edge-on spiral], appearing frothy and nebulous with a dusty inner halo. A dust lane runs along its midplane which may be seen visually in 12-inch and larger telescopes. NGC-7662 is a planetary nebula, 30m x 26m, blue-green, +8.5, the expanding remnants of a dying star. A white dwarf star is at its core and may be seen visually. It is also known as the ‘Blue Snowball’. Epoch 2000 coordinates are RA 23:25.9, Dec. 42:33° for those of you lucky enough to have DSCs [Digital Setting Circles] fitted on your telescope.

It is brighter than M057 but about 33% its size. Use averted vision and you may see it visually. Its blue colour, faint outer halo, central hole and weaker western edge may be seen in 12-inch and larger Newtonian, Schmidt and Dobsonian telescopes. The trick to finding it lies in the three bright stars that are oriented mostly North to South. From a dark site they are naked eye stars. 7662 - the Blue Snowball is worth the effort in locating it. It is non-stellar in a 100mm refractor and an amazing shade of blue in larger telescopes. It is a planetary nebula which means that it can support high magnifications. You may also use a UHC or OIII filter as well to increase contrast.

Andromeda contains many fine double and multiple stars to suit all size of optical instrument. The constellation consists mainly of a line of 2nd magnitude stars extending eastwards from Alpha to Gamma. Almach [or Gamma] is one of the most attractive colour contrast binaries in our sky. The primary is golden-yellow with a blue-green companion [separated by 10s] and best seen in a medium power ocular. 59-Andromedae is a pleasant pair with both stars being bluish-white. 56-Andromedae may be found on the southern edge of NGC-752 [this is an open cluster of stars]. This optical pair are orange and easily split in a pair of 10 x 50s as they are separated by 3m. The best view is seen using a low magnification eyepiece with both the cluster and double star in the same field of view! Two degrees north of Delta you will find 4th magnitude Pi with its bluish-white and smaller deep blue partner. They are 30s apart [not difficult to split].

Last edited by Chesmayne; 10-09-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Chesmayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:27 AM   #18
Chesmayne
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Orion constellation.......

ORION constellation description for the ground crew.......

594.12° square [1.4% of the sky]. Of the 88 constellations it is 26th in size. It is bordered by Gemini the twins, Taurus the bull and Lepus the hare, at his toes.

01 Orion is a bold hunter armed with a club and sword and faced by a charging bull, Taurus. This is a famous constellation with a glittering array of bright stars that are prominent for the best part of the night during autumn and winters frosty months [Northern hemishphere]. The most striking feature of the constellation is the alignment of three equally bright stars in the hunter’s belt. Its brilliance stems from the fact that most of its stars are quite young. This constellation dominates our winter-sky [northern hemisphere observers]. All human cultures in every time and place have given special note in story and myth to this wonderful array of stars. It is visible from every inhabited place on the surface of our planet. Orion moves stealthily across the southern night sky during the winter months, in his never-ending hunt for the Bull [Taurus] and the Hare [Lepus] on the banks of the river Eridanus.

For most observers Orion is the most impressive constellation of the sky, no doubt. With its large number of bright stars and the distinct group given by the three belt stars it is easy to find in the winter sky. In mid-January Orion culminates [its highest point in the sky], at about 22h local time, just after the late-evening news. Observers located at the terrestrial equator can see this constellation marching through the zenith [overhead]; the belt stars are at a declination of about 0°. Orion’s position is also close to the galactic equator. Orion offers a wealth of interesting and famous objects like the great Orion Nebula M042/M043 and the Horsehead Nebula [IC-434]. The brightest star is Rigel (Beta Orionis), visible in the lower right. Against the convention, that Greek letters are given to each star in a constellation in order of intensity - the second bright star Beteigeuze is named Alpha Orionis - an accident of history [Orions left ‘shoulder’].

One of the most famous and most easily identifiable constellations, Orion, comprises 73 naked-eye stars. It presents, basically, a quadrilateral, narrowed in the middle by a line of three stars [The Belt of Orion], known as Alnilan, Alnitak and Mintaka. Below the belt, in the center of the lower part of the quadrilateral, is Orion’s Sword - a small line of stars extending downwards, towards his foot, and shrouded in nebulosity. On locating this constellation, the naked-eye observer is struck by an abundance of bright stars. Three of these, Betelgeuse, Rigel and Bellatrix are in fact among the 25 brightest stars visible from Earth.

02 The principal stars of Orion are young, very hot and white or blue-white, with one great exception. Noticeable by its distinctly red colour, even to the naked eye, is Alpha Orionis, known as Betelgeuse, marking Orion’s right shoulder and its red hue striking with any optical aid. The correct pronunciation is Bet-el-jooz, the name coming from the Arabic Bayt-al-Jawza, ‘The Shoulder of the Giant’, but over the years that was corrupted through various forms down to a French version which we now use, Betelgeuse, which can also be spelled with a final -x or -ze. It fluctuates between +0.4 and +1.3 with an irregular period of several hundred days. Betelgeuse can be imaged directly due to it being large and close.

03 A-Rigel is at the lower-right of this figure and is fifty times larger than our sun. Rigel ‘The Giant’s Leg’ is a striking contrast in colour when compared to Betelgeuse. Whereas the latter is red, Rigel is a massive blue-white supergiant, the brightest star in the constellation at +0.12 with a faint +7.0 companion [difficult to spot due to the brighter primary]. It is of spectral type B8Ia. These stars typically have surface temperatures ranging from 10,000° K to 30,000° K. Rigel is about the same distance from Earth as Betelgeuse, and is a spectroscopic binary star with a +6.7 companion with a period of 9.86 days. Marking the Hunter’s left foot is another supergiant, the pure white Beta Orionis, or B-Rigel, its name also coming from Arabic, the word for ‘Foot’ being Riji, the brightest star of Orion is +0.1 and the 7th brightest star in our sky, so luminous that 60,000 Suns would be required to equal it! Its temperature is well over 11,000° C. It is a double star, though its +7 companion is hard to detect in small telescopes, overpowered as it is by Rigel’s intense white glare - and through a telescope the sheer brilliance of this glare is something you will notice. The colours of the two supergiants are all the more striking if you use binoculars and look first at one and then quickly at the other and back again, the glowing coal fire red of Betelgeuse contrasting vividly with Rigel’s almost magnesium flare-like white. The presence of either star would raise a constellation above the average. Orion has them both!

04 B-Rigel and not Betelgeuse should have the designation Alpha, being the brightest star, since the Bayer letter system - devised by German astronomer and celestial cartographer Johann Bayer in 1603 - catalogued the brightest star in each constellation with the first letter of the Greek alphabet, Alpha, the second brightest with the second letter, Beta, and so on in descending order of brightness. But it did not always seem to work out quite that way, so Rigel and Betelgeuse change places alphabetically.

05 Betelgeuse [armpit of the giant], the brilliant red star in the arm is at the top-right and is one of the largest stars known. It has a diameter greater than the earth’s orbit around our own star [93 million miles]. Betelgeuse from the Arabic ‘ibt al jauzah’ meaning ‘the armpit of the central one’ is a red supergiant of spectral type M21a. It has a diameter of about 595,000,000 km and a surface temperature estimated at 3000° K.

At approximately 1,400 ly distant, Betelgeuse is a variable star, with a period of 5.8 years and a normal magnitude range of +0.4 to +1.3. Betelgeuse is a red supergiant semi-regular variable, discovered by John Herschel in 1836, with a maximum range of +0.1 to +1.3, though its period - which is the interval between the points of maximum, brightness - is given as 2,110 days, it might be better classed as having no set period since its maxima are, even for a semi-regular, irregular to say the least. It is 520 ly away from us [a light year is the term for the distance light travels in one calendar year - that is almost six million, million miles. Light, the fastest thing in the known universe, has a speed of 186,200+ miles per second. This star is indeed a supergiant, slowly pulsating, expanding and contracting, its luminosity changing accordingly and giving it a variable diameter that exceeds 300 million miles, though, despite the fact that it’s volume is many, many millions of times greater than that of our own star, its mass is so low that the average density is less than that of the air we breathe. If mighty Betelgeuse were our Sun its vast globe would enclose the orbits of Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars with quite a lot of room to spare! The core temperature of such a star is some 3,000° million C though the visible surface, or Photosphere, is much cooler than our Sun - ‘only’ 3,000° C which is why the cooler Betelgeuse is red and our Sun, at 6,000° C, is yellow - but at its maximum it has a luminosity equal to 15,000 suns and is among the ten brightest stars in ‘our part of our galaxy’, the Milky Way’.

06 The stars of the ‘belt-of-pearls’ have Arabic names. Just below the star Alnitak in Orion’s belt is the ‘Horsehead Nebula’ which takes its name from the shape which it forms [it is also known as the ‘Horse-Head’ nebula].

07 Under the belt of Orion is the ‘Great Orion Nebula’. M042 is seen as a patch of light covering a 1° square of sky on dark nights. The darker region that separates M042 and M043 is known as the ‘fish’s mouth’. Using averted vision you will see a fuzzy patch of light that hangs down like a sword from Orion’s belt. Inside the ‘Great Orion Nebula’ you will see a group of stars known as the ‘Trapezium’, four tiny hot young stars nestling within this celestial nursery in a trapezoid-shaped group. On nights of good seeing [transparency] this nebula takes on a mottled appearance.

08 Sirius - near the foot of Orion was known to the Greeks as Sothis - and has a much smaller white dwarf companion star:

O. ◄

Above: Sirius and its smaller companion as seen through my 16-inch telescope on a good-night!

09 ‘Sahu’ is the ancient Egyptian name for Orion. They believed that Sirius and Orion were the homes of departed souls and that their KIs became stars who navigate the ‘Duat’ [‘Starry afterworld’] with Osiris and other departed KIs [their royal ancestors]. They seem to have identified ‘Sirius-B’ with the ‘Morning Star’. Sirius-B is a white dwarf and super-dense. However, modern scientists do not believe that Sirius-B was visible to the naked eye during the pharaonic period. In Egypt Orion was depicted as a man standing, looking back over his shoulder and holding a scepter in one hand and an ankh sign in the other. On the ceiling of the tomb of Senmut there is a column devoted to Sah which includes three large stars arranged vertically and bearing a striking resemblance to the three stars we now call Orion’s Belt [Delta, Eta and Zeta]. The giant Sahu sky-image shows a striding man with one arm outstretched with his palm cupping a star. This star is Aldebaran in the Hyades, and marks the position of the mace of Orion the Hunter. The constellation pictures of the Egyptians were different to our modern ones which derive from Babylonian origins. The southern shaft of the KIs Chamber in the Egyptian Cheop pyramid pointed to Zeta in Orion’s Belt. The Pyramid Texts of the Egyptians state that the stars of Orion were the homes of departed souls. Osiris transfigured himself into a star being [Orion] and went on to rule the Heavenly Kingdom of the Dead - called the Duat.

10 The Apollo-16 lunar module was called Orion.

11 Greek: Orion as a son of Poseidon was able to walk on water and took the boy Cedalion to be his guide who sat on his shoulders and gave him directions towards the sunrise. This detail is the subject of a painting by Poussin. Placed among the stars he pursues the seven daughters of Atlas, the Pleiades. Bible: Job 38.

12 Dr Phillis Pitluga made an intensive computer-aided study of stellar alignments at Nazca [Peru] and concluded that the famous spider figure was devised as a terrestrial diagram of the giant constellation of Orion, and that the arrow-straight lines linked to the figure appear to have been set out to track through the ages the changing declinations of the three stars of Orion’s Belt. Recent theories have also linked the positioning of Egypt’s ancient pyramids with the celestial orientation of the three stars in Orion’s belt.

13 In Greek mythology, Orion was the son of Poseidon, the KI of the Sea, and a mortal mother. He was a man of mighty stature, a great hunter and the most handsome man who ever lived. Being extremely boastful, he never ceased to tell anyone who cared to listen, how good a hunter he was, that he was a great warrior, even claiming that he was, himself, a god. Was Poseidon not his father! Such boasting would surely bring about his downfall! In Greek mythology Orion was a great hunter being so busy bragging how he could kill the largest of animals that he overlooked one of the smallest and got himself stung to death by a scorpion. Placed in the sky by the Gods he now stands, shield held out in front of him and weapon raised above his head, facing Taurus the Bull, while the little perpetrator of the dastardly deed is represented by the constellations of Scorpius. Orion is remarkable in many ways. Its distinctive appearance makes it one of the most striking and easily recognizable constellations. It contains two supergiant stars of the first magnitude, a host of binary [double] and multiple stars, a dark nebula, one of the few known pre-main-sequence spectroscopic binaries and the most fantastic telescopic sights in the northern sky, even in a very small telescope. With some imagination it even looks slightly like what it is supposed to represent, unlike most constellations, which resemble nothing at all, the main shape given by a quadrilateral of bright stars called Rigel, Betelgeuse, Saiph and Bellatrix.

14A In one story Orion was blinded by the god, Dionysus, at the request of Oenopion, the father of Orion’s intended bride, after he insulted her following a drinking spree. Following the advice of an oracle, he journeyed east to let the rays of the rising sun fall on his eyes, and regained his eyesight.

14B Some say that Dawn, also known as Aurora, was in love with him, and Artemis, the goddess of Hunting, shot him in a fit of jealousy. Others say that he made Apollo angry, and that the god, by a trick, got his sister to kill him.

14C In another story, Orion was stung to death by a scorpion, in retribution for his boastfulness, and at the request of Artemis, was placed in the sky, where he faces his slayer, the scorpion, in the form of the constellation Scorpius.

15 Bellatrix at a distance of 685 ly is a luminous blue giant of spectral type B2III, +1.64.

16 Mintaka, the rightmost star in Orion’s Belt, is of rare spectral type - O9. It is therefore, a very massive blue star, +2.23 and it lies at a distance similar to that of Rigel.

17 Alnilan, in the middle of the Belt, belongs to the spectral group BO, +1.7.

18 Alnitak, the leftmost star in the Belt, has a magnitude of +1.77, and is also a type BO star.

19 Saiph, a supergiant of type BO, +2.06 completes the outline of the quadrilateral. Kappa Orionis, or Saiph, pronounced ‘Sah-if’ marks the Hunter’s right foot, 2,100 ly distant.

20 The only other worthy naked-eye object in Orion, apart from a short stretch of Milky Way, is of course, the Great Nebula in Orion - M042. This is one of the brightest emission nebulae in the entire sky, and lies about 1600 ly away. It is easily located by drawing an imaginary line from Bellatrix to Mintaka, and then continuing this line an equal distance onwards. You will see a small group of stars in this area - ‘The Sword of Orion’. M042 is visible [depending on weather conditions] as a luminous patch across this area, and is much more impressive in a pair of 7x50 Fujinon or 60mm Takahashi binoculars. The luminosity is caused by ionisation of gas atoms in the nebula. The Orion Nebula is a HII region ie, rich in ionised hydrogen, which is ionised by ultraviolet radiation from nearby hot, young O and B type stars. These stars are visible telescopically, and are, as a group, called the ‘Trapezium’ due to their configuration. The area is also very rich in X-rays. In a finder scope a faint star will be seen in the middle of M042 [center your crosshairs on this point]. In a telescope the nebula will appear as a bright, patch of light, with a few stars set like diamonds in the center of the patch. The darker/blacker the sky the more detail you will see in the cloud. Under very good seeing conditions you may detect a green tinge in the nebula. M042 and M043 are ‘Diffuse Nebula’.

21 Gamma Orionis, called Bellatrix, lying at 470 ly, +1.6 marks the left shoulder.

22 Orion is the home of the Orionid meteor shower. This shower, visible from October 2nd to November 7th, has an Observed Zenithal Hourly Rate (OZHR) of 30 meteors per hour, at maximum on October 21st. The Orionids are believed to be associated with Halley’s Comet, and the radiant, at maximum, is located in the far top left of the constellation, near the border with Gemini, and close to G-Geminorum. If you are lucky and the weather is good you may see some 25 meteors or so per hour.

23 Just above Rigel lies another double star, Tau Orionis, and if you take a line from Rigel through Tau Orionis, extend it about eight times that distance, you pass just to the east of Eta Orionis, a double of +4 and +5 components not easy to resolve properly in smaller telescopes. The most distinctive feature of Orion is the so-called Belt, made up of three stars in line that slant down across the middle of the quadrilateral, Delta Orionis, or by name, Mintaka, Alnilam and Alnitak, lying at 1,500 and 1,600 ly respectively, blue-white and very hot indeed, some 30,000 degrees C. Mintaka is an easy double to resolve in a 63mm telescope, with components of +2.5 and +6.8, the two making a nice contrast through the eyepiece, while Alnitak, whose name means ‘The Girdle’, is a close pair of +2.1 and +4.1 that requires high magnification to resolve. Poor Alnilam has no companion at all and must be content just to represent Orion’s belt buckle.

24A There are a number of double stars above and below the Belt, some very faint, and it is well worth taking time searching this area to see just how many you can find. One thing you must not miss, not that you could, is the beautiful multiple star system Sigma Orionis, lying south of Alnilam, which consists of four members, a blue-white star of +4, two +7, and a faint +10, the bright star surrounded by its fainter companions looking remarkably like a miniature version of Jupiter with three of its Galilean moons. It is a most attractive sight at any magnification. In a small telescope Sigma Orionis will appear like a triple star. A and B are about 100 AU apart. C and D are 3,000 AU and 4,500 AU. E is a third of a ly from A. Sigma Orionis, Struve-761 and the stars of the belt and the Orion nebula are part of the same aggregation of young stars.

24B If this remarkable object were not enough, in the same telescopic field is the triple star Struve-761, of +8 and +9 components, two very close together with the third very far away and forming a distinctive narrow triangle. Use low magnification and you will see a ‘double triangle’ effect that is rather nice, Sigma Orionis forming one point of a large triangle with two unrelated stars, and just below it the tiny triangle of 761 - and both pointing in the same direction!

25 Orion’s head is marked by Lambda Orionis, its close +3.7 and +5.6 components resolvable with small telescopes, and there is also a third member of +10. At the base of the right arm, just above Betelgeuse, is Mu Orionis, another double, and in the Hunter’s club is U-Orionis, a variable star of +5.5 to +12.6, with a 372 day period.

26 There is very extensive nebulosity across the Orion region, about 1,500 ly away, vast star-producing clouds of dust and gas, the main constituent being Hydrogen, which cannot be seen directly even in powerful telescopes, save for a few areas where it either contains very hot stars radiating ultraviolet energy which is absorbed by the gas, ionizing the hydrogen atoms, and is re-emitted as visible light [Emission Nebulae], or, if the cloud contains a lot of dust, shines by the reflected light of stars in or near it [Reflection Nebulae], or where clouds of dark dust, containing no stars to make them shine, simply overlap and blot out the light from brighter objects lying further away [Dark Nebulae]. Of course, Orion has them all!

27 Sigma Orionis is a multiple star with four members. Sigma is +3.7 with a companion of +6.5 [whitish]. Using a higher powered eyepiece reveals the 3rd member, a +7.2 star that is closer in. Larger telescopes reveal the 4th member at +10. If you extend a line from Sigma Orionis through Alnitak and continue it for about three times that distance you come to the reflection nebula M078, faintly visible as a diffuse cloud around two +10 stars, the light from which, reflected by dust particles in the nebula, provides the required illumination. To the east of Alnitak is NGC-2024, the Flame Nebula, also called the Christmas Tree Nebula, both for obvious reasons - in photographs at least - since lanes of dust through the glowing gas cloud give the effect of flames or branches. This is hard to see even if you keep Alnitak out of the field of view, and of course it is always important when looking for faint objects that lie close to a bright star to keep the star out of view, otherwise it will overpower the fainter object with its glare. There are a number of small patches of nebulosity around Alnitak, beautiful in photographs but hard to see directly, and the same comments apply to them also.

28 Extending southwards from Alnitak is the large but very tenuous nebulosity IC-434, a fine photographic subject but extremely difficult to see directly due to its low surface brightness. Protruding into it from the east is a cloud of dust, B-33, the famous dark nebula known as the Horse-Head, because it is shaped strikingly like a horse’s head! It is stunning on long exposure photographs taken with even quite small telescopes, but visually is elusive since it overlaps an object of such low brightness. It is on record however, as being observed with 150mm telescopes, though opinions differ greatly as to the degree of difficulty involved in seeing it. Some consider it all but invisible in even the largest amateur telescopes; Others say it is not easy to see with a small telescope. Use a nebula filter and a dark sky site!

29A Through a telescope M043 seems to be separated from M042, but in fact both are part of one vast cloud into which a dust lane called the ‘Fish Mouth’ protrudes, giving the separate effect. If you spent all night just looking at this one object it would be time well used, and you might still find subtle gradations of luminosity, dust lanes, faint wisps of gas trailing away beyond the limit of visibility, condensed brighter areas and the like, that you never noticed before - the Great Nebula is that fine a subject. It is bright enough to stand high magnification, bringing out yet more intricate detail, and also try averted vision - looking away from it but keeping your attention on it - and you maybe will be surprised how it will seem to stand out much more clearly. M042 was photographed in 1880 by Henry Draper for the first time.

29B Nebulae are stellar birthplaces, and some five thousand million years ago our own star was born in one just like M042/043, condensing out of the interstellar hydrogen and helium, shrinking by gravitational contraction and, during the pre-main-sequence stage, giving off heat and light by the conversion of gravitational energy. After ages and ages [ie, a very ling time - millions of years], as the core temperature rose to some 10° million C, nuclear reaction commenced, the hydrogen core ignited and our Sun began its life to shine as a main-sequence star, fusing hydrogen into helium, to produce its energy. This very star formation is still going on in the Orion Nebula, and there is enough gas there to make many thousands of new baby stars, the visible bright condensations known as Herbig-Haro Objects [named for the astronomers who discovered them], thought to be the embryo stars in this vast galactic maternity ward.

29C Within the Nebula lies Theta(1) Orionis, a multiple star known as the Trapezium. Why? Well, it looks like one, which seems a good enough reason! A trapezium being defined by eggheads as a quadrilateral figure with two sides only parallel. The four main components, of +5 to +8, are easy to see even with my 63mm telescope, and in larger instruments it is a fine sight - though I always think it is rather overwhelmed by the Great Nebula and loses something of its true effect. On its own it would be a splendid object, and if you use high magnification so as to see it without much of the distraction of the surrounding Nebula you will, I’m sure, agree. It is the hot stars of the Trapezium that ionize the hydrogen and make the Great Nebula shine so brightly and, since it lies on the Earth side of M042, we are able to see it. If it lay deep within the gas cloud its light would be clouded by dust and we would have no beautiful Orion Nebula to admire!

This is probably the best known multiple set of stars in our sky. It is also one of the most interesting for the small telescope [60mm to 90mm]. In many double star catalogs it has become customary to designate the fours stars A, B, C, and D in order of fight ascension rather than in the usual order of brightness. The star called ‘C’ is the true primary of the group with a visual magnitude of about +5.4. Star ‘D’ is the second in brightness at +6.3. ‘A’ is third at about +6.8. The faintest star, ‘B’, is an eclipsing binary with a period of 6.471 days. In 1975, Star ‘A’ was also identified as an eclipsing binary with a period of 65.432 days. [Burnham’s Celestrial Handbook, V2, p1327].

The +11 stars ‘E’ and ‘F’ are a well known observational challenge to amateur astronomers who often use them to judge the quality of the seeing as well as the quality of their telescopes. They have been observed with apertures of under 3 inches on nights of very good seeing. They become an easy target for telescopes of 10 inches of aperture or more.

Photographing ‘E’ and ‘F’ is an even more interesting challenge. Both of these dim stars are separated from their brighter companions by only 4s. The exposure duration required to record the +11 stars combined with the distortion created by atmospheric seeing generally cause the two fainter stars to become part of the blob of the brighter stars.

30 Something which is forever hidden from our view for that very reason is the ‘Becklin-Neugebauer Object’, named for its discoverers and known by the initials ‘BN’. This is thought to be a giant star with a luminosity possibly greater than a million Suns, its visible light absorbed by dust and only detectable by its very powerful Infra-Red emissions which, unlike visible light, can pass through the dust.

31 A remarkable object which ‘is’ visible is Parenago-1540, which is 10m west of Theta(1) Orionis, +11.3, first catalogued by Russian astronomer P.P. Parenago in 1954 but its true status only discovered in the 1980’s, and it was then only the third star of its kind to be discovered, the first was in 1982. It is a pre-main-sequence double-line spectroscopic binary, which is quite a mouthful - but remember it - say it quickly and impress your friends! A spectroscopic binary is double whose components are so close together they cannot be seen visually but must be separated by an astronomical spectroscope, the double set of spectral lines, one for each star, show not only that it is a binary but also enable astronomers to work out its orbital period, mass and age. Parenago-1540 consists of two cool orange stars, 1540-A and 1540-B, of 2.25 and 1.7 solar masses respectively. Millions of years from now both will light up their core hydrogen, the larger A first, followed a few million years later by B - and two new main-sequence stars will blaze in the heavens! All known visual pre-main-sequence binaries are so very far away that, even to be seen as doubles at all, they are so far apart that they orbit each other too slowly for astronomers to work out their vital statistics so to speak. Not so a spectroscopic binary, which may have an orbital period of only a few days, so this class of star is a vital link in the study of binary star formation, a process that is so far unknown. The parenago stars seem to have different ages, one million years for A, half that for B, which is odd if they are a binary system [twins] born together from the same mother [nebula]. These are the kind of technical problems that make astronomers go slowly bald! One theory put forward [by a balding astronomer], is this: a binary star has one component pulled away by gravitational interaction with a single star it just happened to run into, replacing the original partner with the new-found companion to form a binary of different ages, the divorced former partner now having to go it alone. Perhaps many binaries form in this rather shotgun wedding manner!

32 Just to the east of Theta(1) Orionis lies Theta(2) Orionis, a double of +5 and +6 stars resolvable with any optical aid. The point of the Sword is mainly composed of Iota(1) Orionis, called Hatysa, an easy to resolve double of +2.9 and +7.0, over 1,500 lys away and some 20,000 times as luminous as our Sun, and Struve-747, which is a double of the +5 and +6.

33 Now do not leave this wonderful constellation without sweeping at low magnification across the Milky Way itself, which comes down almost as far as Betelgeuse - the whole of the Hunter’s right arm and club lie in it - and those with large telescopes might keep in mind that there are some thirty galaxies in Orion, ranging from +13 down to +16 and including one - NGC-1709 that has an Irish connection, having been discovered in 1854 by that great Irish astronomer Lord Rosse with his famous 72-inch telescope, after both William and John Herschel had failed to see it. It is +15.2, RA 4h 58.7m, DEC 00 29m and is 0.9m x 0.7m in size. Most of the Orion galaxies can be located, under very good seeing conditions, in a properly collimated, dust-free, 10 to 12-inch telescope.

35 Horsehead Nebula, NGC-2024. A large telescope and nebula filter are needed to make a sighting of this object. It is seen as a 0.5° wide strip of nebulosity that hangs-down from zeta [the lower-left star of the belt]. The glare from zeta makes it difficult to detect the nebulosity and the small intrusion that is the horsehead itself.

36 VV Orionis. Eclipsing binary [easily seen in your binoculars]. +5.1 to +5.5 in 1.49 days.

37 CK Orionis, yellowish. Semi-regular variable. +5.9 to +7.3 in 120 days.

38 U Orionis. Mira type. +4.8 to +12.6 in 370 days.

39 NGC-1981. Cluster [just north of M042].

Last edited by Chesmayne; 10-09-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:37 AM   #19
Chesmayne
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Draco constellation.......

Draco constellation description for the ground crew.......

The Dragon. He wends his way between Ursa Major and Ursa Minor. During the time of the Egyptian pharaoh Khufu ‘Thuban’ [one of the stars in the Dragon] was near our N. Pole. The burial chamber at Gizeh was aligned with Thuban. Draco is a faint constellation near the north celestial pole bordering Ursa Minor. It is the 8th largest constellation in our sky - of the 88. The small asterism of four stars marking the head of the dragon is the best known section of this group. Many double stars and galaxies are to be found here. In Greek mythology, one of the labours of Hercules was to steal golden apples from the garden of the Hesperides. A dragon protected the garden, and was slain by Hercules. 1082.95° square (2.63% of the sky). The north ecliptic pole is to be found here. In Greek mythology the dragon is Ladon, the guardian of the ‘golden apples’ of immortality which grew in the garden of Hesperides, beyond the River of Time, in the land of death. It is Ladon which Hercules kills in his 11th labour to obtain the golden apples.

Nu Draconis is an easy double [blue-white] star for binocular viewers conveniently positioned as one of the dragons teeth. Nu is separated by 62s or, 2,300 AU and lies at a distance of 120 ly at +4.7 - binary star. It is also known by the traditional name Kuma. Nu is a very nice binocular double. It is one of the objects on many binocular observing programs. The components of Nu Dra point in an EW direction and are of similar brightness. PA is 312°. This pair of stars are superb in binoculars and appear as two blue white beacons shining in the sky. Easily split even with a 6 x 30mm finderscope. The western one of the pair is Nu-1 [+4.87], the eastern one Nu-2 [+4.89]. Nu-2 itself is double - a low-mass companion circles it every 38.6 days. Nu-1 and Nu-2 are separated by at least 1900 AU and take 44,000 years to make a full circuit.

Messier 102. It is the only Messier object in Draco. It is sometimes referred to as the ‘Spindle Galaxy’ [NGC-5866]. It is +10, lenticular, type S0_3 and appears as an elongated pencil line in a telescope measuring 5m x 2m. M102 is one of the lost [but recovered] Messier objects! NGC-5866 is accepted by most observers as being M102. It may be glimpsed in a finder scope. Seen from nearly edge on, the dark dust lane shows up nicely cutting through the center. The ‘Spindle Galaxy’ is located at 15h 06m 39s RA and +55° 43m 58s dec. It has an apparent angular size of 5.2m x 2.3m and a visual brightness of +9.9. Estimated mass is one trillion solar masses. The distance is estimated to be about 32 million lys and approximately 60,000 ly in diameter. It is the brightest of a group of galaxies containing 5907, 5879, and several fainter galaxies - 5866A, 5866B, 5862, 5905, 5908, and IC 1099. There is another spindle galaxy in Sextans.

The ‘Cat Eye’ nebula is a magnificent planetary nebula. NGC-6543 will need high magnification and is 18s across. Intricate structures including concentric gas shells, jets of high-speed gas and unusual shock-induced knots of gas can be seen in this object. It is only about a millennium old and is a visual fossil record of the dynamics and late evolution of a dying star in ‘real time’. 6543 is suspected of being a double star system. The effects of two stars orbiting one another explains its structure.

T-Draconis [a Mira-type variable star] has a 422 day period. To keep track of its slow rise in brightness some astronomers observe it once a week.

The head of the Dragon [Draco] is a distinctive asterism of four stars that can be seen quite easily in binoculars. These are Beta, Gamma, Xi and Nu.

Eltanin [Gamma] was first mentioned by Ulugh Beg [Uzbeg] in the 15th century. He referred to it as ‘Ras al Tinnin’ [the head of the dragon], which is a K5 giant and has an orange tint - the right eye in the Dragon. It is the brightest star in Draco. Its name (also written as Etamin) comes from the Arabic for ‘the serpent’ and stands for the whole constellation. Eltanin’s high northerly position takes it nearly through the zenith causing it to be known formerly as the ‘zenith star’. While attempting to measure its parallax - the annual shift in stellar position caused by the changing position of the orbiting Earth (from which we get stellar distance) James Bradley, in 1728, discovered the ‘aberration of starlight’, which is caused by the velocity of the moving Earth relative to the speed of the light coming from the star. This discovery proved, once and for all, that Copernicus was right and that Earth truly does move around the Sun. Eltanin is moving toward us, and will make a closest pass of 28 lys about 1.5 million years from now when it will be the brightest star in the sky and rival Sirius. Physically, Eltanin is an orange giant K star, about half the size of Mercury’s orbit. It was the pole star about 3500 BC.

Another star of note in Draco is Rastaban at +2.79, G2, 360 ly distant with a radius 40 times solar. Stars like Rastaban are often in rapid states of evolutionary transition - there are not many of these in the sky at any one time. It has a companion at 450 AU that takes 4,500 years to complete a revolution. Its destiny is to become a white dwarf. Grumium, K2, a yellow star in the Jaw of the Dragon. In the Arabic theme of this constellation the stars beta (Alwaid), gamma (Etamin), nu (Kuma) and xi (this star Grumium) in the Head of the Dragon represent four mother camels protecting a baby camel from the attack of two hyenas! The star Grumium (scientific name Xi Draconis) is located at RA 17h 53.528m and dec 56° 52.367m. Grumium is a dim star, +3.75, K2-III. It has an Hd number of 163588, an FK5 number of 671, and a SAO number of 30631 - so, now you know.

Alpha Draconis is also known as Thuban. In 2,800 BC Thuban was the star nearest the celestial north pole. Today Polaris is nearly 1° away from our north pole. Alpha is not the brightest star in this constellation at +3.7. Its importance is highlighted in that it is the Alpha star of Draco (the Dragon) even though it not close to being the brightest [Beta is +2.8, Gamma the brightest at +2.2, and Delta at +3.1]. It was almost exactly at the pole in 2700 BC. Thuban is among a rare class of hot giant stars, its temperature of 9800 Kelvin near that of Vega. It is over five times as luminous as Vega (and 300 times more luminous than our Sun), its +4 status the result of its distance of 310 lys. It has a faint unseen companion in orbit with a 51 day period.

Psi Draconis. Double. Primary +4.9 [yellowish], secondary +6, 30s distant, bluish tint.

NGC-5985. Tightly wound spiral arms visible in a telescope.

NGC-5905 and NGC-5908. 5905 is a barred spiral, 4m x 3m. 5908 is a regular spiral, 3m x 1m. Both are +12.

NGC-5907. +10. One of the finest edge-on spirals. 12m [quite large] by 1m wide. All of its light is concentrated into a thin line and a dust lane is visible in larger telescopes. Easy in an 8-inch.

NGC-4236. +9.7. 18m x 7m [large], barred spiral. A large telescope will detect detail in the system.

NGC-6503, 6643. 6503 is +10, 6m x 2m. 6643, +11.

NGC-6543. Planetary nebula. +8.8. Use high magnification. 18s in size. 1,700 ly distant.

Last edited by Chesmayne; 10-09-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:53 AM   #20
Steve_G

OK, the Annunaki didn't leave, only the Orions have been kicked out.

But you still haven't answered the question.

Why are the Martian humans fighting us when the Alpha Draconan Reptoids aren't, and why are the ADR sending a fleet here while allowing millions of their people to be slaughtered on Mars?

Edit- And where are you getting this information from?

Last edited by Steve_G; 10-09-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #21
aiwass322
Project Avalon Member

Wow. Uh. Please excuse a ET novise. But do you have any substantial proof of this? Where can I read some source info?

Im not here to rain on your ET parade or anything but are we waiting for the ET´s to save us or are we actually going to do something about current affairs ourselves?

(Keep in mind that I am swedish. New Age here is as popular as Islam is in the Bush administrations propaganda office)

Last edited by aiwass322; 10-09-2008 at 10:12 AM. Reason: I spell like ****
aiwass322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:17 PM   #22
Shechaiyah
Banned

[QUOTE=Sunrunner;45024]OK, the Annunaki didn't leave, only the Orions have been kicked out.

.... The Annunaki established points of ideology on this planet, among elites, that have never been extinguished.
.... The Orion Group, of which the Annunaki are members, have only recently been kicked out, according
to MY Subjective Source. This is why there is now absolutely no leadership coming from the Globalists,
because all THEIR Subjective leadership is gone.

But you still haven't answered the question.

.... I am positively sure there are dozens of questions, still hanging. You are completely appropriate, to
keep asking. I only hope, since my contact with my Source is telepathic, that I am giving you the
straight skinny on this.

Why are the Martian humans fighting us when the Alpha Draconan Reptoids aren't,

http://www.abidemiracles.com/images/.../marsridge.jpg

http://www.abidemiracles.com/images/...ridgeAFTER.jpg

.... Okay, I'll take it this far. These two photos show the rockslide which Rover caused during summer
2006 that killed dozens of Mars residents at Cape Verde, Victoria Crater; and it shows fatalities still lying
on the ground, months later. The Rover has caused other problems, scared animals, run into things,
caused protest marches, because people feel it is an intrusion. In this photo a whole neighborhood is
up in arms, with the military and surveillance orbs showing up, due to the fact the Rover ran through
someone's yard. So people are mad. But they don't have weapons; they stand very quiet.

and why are the ADR sending a fleet here while allowing millions of their people to be slaughtered on Mars?

.... No, no. Mars people are slaughtered by being cattle and being eaten.

.... The ADR RUN Mars. They are reptiles that allow cultures and communities to self-regulate; and you
can tell this by the fact that people dress in such divergent ways and show up in virtually EVERY SINGLE
PHOTO. They have no fences, only one billboard I found, and they all just move about freely. However,
their army surveils every area under threat of invasion with metal orbs that hover; and they capture and
hang (by scaffold) or strangle (by constrictors) dissidents. [ I have three photos of hangings.]

.... The people are cattle for the ADR because ADR are large serpents, predatory reptiles. Hundreds of
my photos show reptiles engorged with, or chasing, or harassing citizens. It's a nightmare that is not
fun to witness. From the looks of the pictures, the snakes by now outnumber the people, and SO, the
ADR have been coming here in their cigar-shaped craft, and abducting our cattle and our people, as
food, since the 1970s. A million people a year disappear out of the US, half of them children. That is a
statistical FACT.

Edit- And where are you getting this information from?

.... All this information comes from about 3000 NASA photos in my database which I have scrutinized,
de-photoshopped and organized by area and by topic, plus the background information in 1994 Al
Collier's 2-hour history of Terran ET-relations.

.... Six pages of re-done photos are on the front page of my web-site, www abide miracles dot com.
More photos are in my album here and in another album at Slide.

http://www.slide.com/r/v4Ir_fwT6T_za...yjEnniXYM here

.... I'm not just messing around trying to find dragons and little green men on Mars. I used to work for
the Kroeber Anthropology Library at UC Berkeley, and so I learned how to glean human artifacts and
evidence of human habitation when I was there. There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Mars is
not only inhabited, but that it is struggling with a terrible problem of serpent over-population that
threatens all life there. Cobras, vipers and constrictors are everywhere. Yikes. And now, to add to
this, there are soldiers there, not in the regulation ADR black-and-yellow, but wearing KHAKI CAMO
FATIGUES and getting eaten and blown to bits. Double yikes. I have photos of all this.

.... so now what?

Shech-- Edited to make corrections and add more links

Last edited by Shechaiyah; 10-09-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #23
Shechaiyah
Banned

Okay, now I'm going to get really arcane and strange; and I just hope to God somebody is listening, who has connections in human leadership.

Over the months and years, my Subjective source has taught me how to grasp and infer the 5th Dimensional "CLIMATE" of Washington DC. Does this sound weird? Right.

You take a screen shot of the air over the city, at dusk or in the dark, strip out the colors, color it predictably (according to a set of proportions); run the color out and the contrast up, and see what or WHO shows up in the dark. Here's an example, loaded on my server AND in the Multi-dimensional Photo Album.

I've got whole directories of these shots so I'm familiar with what is "usual"; and last night because the "climate" over Washington DC changed from "buildings" to "faces," I put up some of the sky shots in my album. These are very hard to focus on,, just fuzzy images in any case. But the change from "buildings" to "faces" MEANT, according to my Source, that the 5th dimensional PRESENCE of ETs is HERE.

Yep, this morning there are more faces, and some puzzlement in their expressions because nobody is showing up to confront them. Further, the DC cam is down that I was monitoring last night, so I had to move my operations to another cam. So, what I believe is, the Alpha Draconis are here, and they are wanting to confront human leaders. So, where are the human leaders?

Last edited by Shechaiyah; 10-09-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #24
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Quote:
I've got whole directories of these shots so I'm familiar with what is "usual"; and last night because the "climate" over Washington DC changed from "buildings" to "faces," I put up some of the sky shots in my album. These are very hard to focus on,, just fuzzy images in any case. But the change from "buildings" to "faces" MEANT, according to my Source, that the 5th dimensional PRESENCE of ETs is HERE.

Yep, this morning there are more faces, and some puzzlement in their expressions because nobody is showing up to confront them. Further, the DC cam is down that I was monitoring last night, so I had to move my operations to another cam. So, what I believe is, the Alpha Draconis are here, and they are wanting to confront human leaders. So, where are the human leaders?

Emily, fear mongering is not okay. Just because you see faces doesn't mean other folks see them, nor that there is a threat. Furthermore, I personally know Alex Collier and he does know about the negative ET element and what they're doing. Making assumptions and acting on them as if they are real when reality is quite different does not benefit this community.

Last edited by Carol; 10-09-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:33 PM   #25
Shechaiyah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Emily, fear mongering is not okay. Just because you see faces doesn't mean other folks see them, nor that there is a threat. Furthermore, I personally know Alex Collier and he does know about the negative ET element and what they're doing. Making assumptions and acting on them as if they are real when reality is quite different does not benefit this community.

This is not about fear-mongering. This is meta-physics. This is something to be curious about.

Why such an over-reaction, Carol? ETs have been visiting this planet for millennia. Shouldn't we be able to sense them somehow?

Isn't it just curious that we now have photos of FACES, and I have put up about six of them, instead of square boxes in the sky?

It is possible in a multi-dimensional universe that there are many phenomena untapped and unsensed. I'm bringing some of it here because this is the place where people bring paranormal, esoteric, multi-dimensional and exo-political issues.

Please calm down.

Emily

Tags
alpha draconis, orion group, reptilian, reptoid