Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-26-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
Commander Adama
Avalon Senior Member

Default Commander Adama on Living Without The EGO

Living Without The EGO
Written: October 26th 2008

Many people go through life experiencing the wide variety of positive and negative experiences and situations. Most people from time to time think about their “perfect world.” When asked, these same people describe their “perfect world” differently but mainly it fits the same criteria, being fundamentally based upon energies, feelings, and attitudes of love, peace, and joy. Why does everybody’s “perfect world” contain the same basic blueprint and structure? Coincidence? I beg to differ.

Going back to talking about the envisioned thoughts of our “perfect worlds”, there is one more quality that exists. That is NO EGO. By EGO, I am talking about the part of you that since birth has been trained to understand division, separatism, non unity and equality, and most of all, understanding the need to be judgmental. This doesn’t exist in our “perfect worlds.” That makes the question “Why?” seem more interesting! So let’s delve into understanding that.

Are we all connected? Is our consciousness connected to one another? Of course the answers to those two are emphatically YES. Most people these days, whether spiritual or not, can comprehend that concept once pondered. See, most people don’t like these qualities: division, separatism, judgmental, fear, non unity and equality. The truth is etched into our RNA/DNA strands and our subconscious mind. These qualities are not in our “perfect world” because we know that is how life is supposed to be. Every single one of us knows and understands that.

Of course though, our “perfect worlds” are not the ones we live in now. But that doesn’t matter right now because within our thought patterns of what life is supposed to be about, we all fully know, comprehend, and understand the Universal Truths of Life in Creation and the significance of it.

“Why are you telling us this?” It’s simple. By telling people things, you start to spark their awareness from within. As you can see by the title of this message, I am laying the groundwork for a more complete understanding. “Living without the EGO” is more than something we should do; it is something we NEED to do, and everybody knows that. I go back to the thought of our perfect worlds. Ponder that for a while and you shall better understand what I am talking about.

Universal laws and truths are always there, are always fact, and are always true. We live in a world that exists merely because of EGO. Some people may say, “Okay I agree with that, but so what?” To those I ask the following. Are you happy? Most people who live in this world are not. So if majority of people are not happy, how could you change that? And people that are happy, why is that so? The sources of those questions are based upon EGO. It is no error to come to the conclusion that those that live primarily with EGO, are not happy most of the time, and those that do not live primarily with EGO, are happy most of the time. It all comes down to the way our brain functions. When you break the common paradigms you have been trained to think, you free yourself of the common qualities that can bind you towards having a negative experience.

We are all God. We all have god like abilities. We all have infinite amounts of potential. What hides us from the truth? What makes us think there are impossibilities? What controls self esteem that could directly hinder our potential? The answer for all of those questions is…EGO. We need to get rid of the old paradigms our mind attaches itself to. We need to learn to live without the EGO!

So, how does one begin to live without the EGO? Well, of course for some it could be very challenging. Look within for that answer. People tend to look outside of themselves for answers when we already hold them. Always look within. Of course, outside outlets can create the awareness (the so called “inner spark”) that could help you to attain some inner knowledge. That is what I am doing now.

The choice is up to us. Do you want to live in the world you have been since birth? Or do you want to start to change that world? It all starts with EGO. Because when one lives without EGO, they can start to live in their “perfect world.” And when everybody does this, then the true fabrics will start to form that world.

Ponder that for a bit!

Love and Light,

Commander Adama

A new “New Age” Educational Interactive Forum has been created. Those interested can join by going to:

http://www.GalacticAffairs.com/gfolforum (link is correct and works)

And of course keep checking back to Galactic Affairs for more updated information, news, and video.

http://www.GalacticAffairs.com (link is correct and works)
Commander Adama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:21 PM   #2
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Commander Adama on Living Without The EGO

I'm not sure it's possible to live on Earth, in physical form and not be influenced by ego. The trick is to be aware of ones ego, and its powerful, disruptive influence.
Ego will constantly try to destroy harmony...by its very nature.
The heart seeks harmony, while the head seeks mastery...the two can not co-exist.
imho
Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:43 PM   #3
Commander Adama
Avalon Senior Member

To live completely without EGO may indeed not be possible entirely. But to live 99% without 3d based EGO is definitely possible.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:59 PM   #4
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member

I have already studied this Ego living without it it phenom. In sociology you will always have it, can't get rid of it hero Adamar or whoever you. As for a healthy one you got a very healthy ego bro. I will agree ego screws allot of things up. Just look at Jesus.

PEACE
Xhaosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #5
Commander Adama
Avalon Senior Member

The EGO I am referring to is the third dimensional EGO. There is another EGO which I like to refer to as the Divine EGO, but that cannot be described using our terminology. It is possible to live without the third dimensional EGO; the one that tells you to be divisionalistic, seperate, and judgemental.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #6
MusicLover

Well coming from a guy who calls himself commander??Is that not an ego based and ego driven thing????Hmmmmm ponder that commander.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:13 PM   #7
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Adama View Post
The EGO I am referring to is the third dimensional EGO. There is another EGO which I like to refer to as the Divine EGO, but that cannot be described using our terminology. It is possible to live without the third dimensional EGO; the one that tells you to be divisionalistic, seperate, and judgemental.

Odd philosophy you have. Either way you look at it, bro Sapient's cannot lose their ego. If we did, we will not survive, we would be slaves to something... It wont work. I agree the ego is flawed but it is necessary.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:14 PM   #8
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

despite the constant internal struggle between head and heart...balance is possible...but not eternally sustainable (while in physical form).
Due to the fact that our human hands are typing these words, we will sway.
Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #9
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rareheart View Post
despite the constant internal struggle between head and heart...balance is possible...but not eternally sustainable (while in physical form).
Due to the fact that our human hands are typing these words, we will sway.

Also things that need to be considered with balance, is the chemical compounds inside that beautiful body of yours. A good balanced diet, fruits vegetables viatamins and minerals, can assist in balance.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #10
alternative-answer
Avalon Senior Member

The ego is a master of deception and trickery, the ego is the lower self, it thrives on certainty and familiarity, maintaining the status quo. It tricks us into believing that our thoughts are real and that becomes our identification, identification with mind, we are either thinking about the past or worrying about the future, the moment is therefore lost as we become slaves to our minds. Mind identification limits us to our thoughts, I'm this, that, I'm not this, that, therefore I will never be or have, leading to fear, anxiety and grounded in the physical, dense world and this becomes our reality.
CHANGE YOUR THOUGHTS CHANGE YOUR REALITY.....

Last edited by alternative-answer; 10-26-2008 at 02:26 PM.
alternative-answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #11
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

I like your style Commander!

Indeed, it is [a] good practice to consider living without Ego, however difficult.
A very valuable excercise, thanks for the thread.
dayzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:28 PM   #12
arcora
Banned

How can one who believes they are a God or a co-creator deny being ego driven?
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #13
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
How can one who believes they are a God or a co-creator deny being ego driven?
I would LOVE to hear your view on that Arcora.

Jenny

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #14
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternative-answer View Post
The ego is a master of deception and trickery, the ego is the lower self, it thrives on certainty and familiarity, maintaining the status quo. It tricks us into believing that our thoughts are real and that becomes our identification, identification with mind, we are either thinking about the past or worrying about the future, the moment is therefore lost as we become slaves to our minds. Mind identification limits us to our thoughts, I'm this, that, I'm not this, that, therefore I will never be or have, leading to fear, anxiety and grounded in the physical, dense world and this becomes our reality.
CHANGE YOUR THOUGHTS CHANGE YOUR REALITY.....

I disagree passionately to that..

Without a ego we would have never gone to the moon...

You have to be in control of your ego.. Not a slave to it...
Ahem.. Further study on the Intelligent design of the ego is necessary.. Nothing personal.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:39 PM   #15
alternative-answer
Avalon Senior Member

Ah, there's the word control. You cannot control anyone or anything, but the ego will seek to control as the ego is fear based not love based. Love is your higher self, pure, unconditional free will.
alternative-answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #16
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

Gentle excercise helps to develop a muscle.
Maybe the Ego benefits from the same process?
dayzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #17
arcora
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
I would LOVE to hear your view on that Arcora.

Jenny
It is quite simple really.

It is true that in order to ascend one must humble themselves, live without ego and give up earthly desires.

The problem is that asserting free will always glorifies the self (ego).

So what should one do?
Old 10-26-2008, 03:03 PM   #18
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Hi Arcora,

I agree it takes humilty to "ascend".

It takes a lot of courage as well to allow yourself to be humble and not attach to things of the world. like food and shelter and warm shoes when the snow is falling.

I do assert my free will, free choice as a reminder to be humble and courages...as the carrot in front of the donkey's nose.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:10 PM   #19
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member

This is turning into more of a philosophy/religion topic as appose to the survival principal of the function of EGO, in a social dynamic. If we were just forces that were produced solely in our mind then perhaps the function of the ego would not have to intervene in day to day practices in this reality we function in. For some if their was no ego, I do not believe they would take breathes. My opinion is this, a strong balanced ego is important to survive. It helps you strive to be better, Lets not forget WINNING, anyone know how it feel to win? Ego is pretty important, again I would emphasize if we did not have a ego, we would be like a insect bee society.. Not my cup of tee... Under some kind of control.. No thank you..
Old 10-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #20
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Whenever fear of death is motivating you, ego is important.

Ego is a function of the human psyche to help us survive by using any means.

Well, look outside, at the world..and tell me again ego helps us to survive.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:16 PM   #21
arcora
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhaosis View Post
This is turning into more of a philosophy/religion topic as appose to the survival principal of the function of EGO, in a social dynamic. If we were just forces that were produced solely in our mind then perhaps the function of the ego would not have to intervene in day to day practices in this reality we function in. For some if their was no ego, I do not believe they would take breathes. My opinion is this, a strong balanced ego is important to survive. It helps you strive to be better, Lets not forget WINNING, anyone know how it feel to win? Ego is pretty important, again I would emphasize if we did not have a ego, we would be like a insect bee society.. Not my cup of tee... Under some kind of control.. No thank you..
You are a fine example of this:

Quote:
Moreover, I, God the Creator, am being blasphemed. For people say: 'We do not know if God exists. And if he exists, we do not care.' They throw my banner to the ground and trample on it, saying: 'Why did he suffer? What good is it to us? If he would grant our wish, we will be satisfied - let him keep his kingdom and his heaven!' I want to go into them, but they say: 'We would die before giving up our own will!'
Old 10-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #22
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

Arcora i would love to hear your view on this question then...

Why not be humble and live WITHIN the earth (rather than see it as giving in to earthly desires) and not try to CONTROL the earth within which we live?

That way you are neither specifically USING this life to ascend nor trying to abuse it ...merely BEING !
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 03:20 PM   #23
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Whenever fear of death is motivating you, ego is important.

Ego is a function of the human psyche to help us survive by using any means.

Well, look outside, at the world..and tell me again ego helps us to survive.

we're breathing. In some form of shelter I am presuming. What motivated that course of action? If not just handed to you? What you do with your ego is your own choice. We cannot CONTROL what mankind does with their ego. Ego is shaped by beliefs lessons in life etc. To someone else a ego is totally different to someone else's. That is the beauty of our mind... Ego also helps us agree and disagree with others beliefs. So in essence it helps us learn to, or be open to new idea's. Of course their is a darkness to EGO as well... We would not be human beings without a EGO. Nor intelligent..

Last edited by Xhaosis; 10-26-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:20 PM   #24
arcora
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve View Post
Arcora i would love to hear your view on this question then...

Why not be humble and live WITHIN the earth (rather than see it as giving in to earthly desires) and not try to CONTROL the earth within which we live?

That way you are neither specifically USING this life to ascend nor trying to abuse it ...merely BEING !
I never said to give up earthly desires. I said to not desire earthly things. There is a difference.

As for merely being - that is what a cow does until he reaches the slaughterhouse.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:22 PM   #25
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Make up your mind concerning ego Arcora.

You are confusing me now.