Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:38 AM   #1
droid56
Avalon Senior Member

Default Does having children effect your decision of what to do?

People on this website, and other websites, are making moves that are a radical response to their perception that very bad times are soon coming our way.

As an old dude, with no kids, I'm not about to make radical moves. In my limited world, what will be will be.

But if you have children, particularly young children, I'm guessing that probably effects how you approach the possibility of coming dangers.

For the people on this website that have children, is your thinking strongly effected by your strong desire to protect your kids in these very troubled times?
droid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:11 AM   #2
manticore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Does having children effect your decision of what to do?

Yes, having children, especially young children, does affect decisions. I personally used to be more of a risk taker. Ever since my child was born, life has taken a new route for me. I am more careful in everything I do; including waiting longer on stop lights and signs.

They say women change when they have children but man do to (I'm a man). My wife and I were planning to have a second child but we have agreed to postpone it for some time, as the crisis and perceived deterioration dissipates.

I guess if I wasn't married or had children, I would be looking at life in a more simple way. It is true what the hopi elders say: This consumerist society (I am one) should learn to just have more common sense. We are all in for a big surprise where arrogance turns into humility in a short period of time.

I'm curious, why do you ask?
manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:22 AM   #3
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

yes, definitely want to protect my kid (5years); but i think he knows even more about the past and the things to come than i do. the wish to protect the family has got me preparing little by little for years already ....soon I`ll be able to say.."ok this should cover most events..I`m done."

little guy lately made me read a book..."judgement day" by paul otto hesse.
(see my entry in the thread "everyone please read!!!")http://projectavalon.org/forum/showp...3&postcount=19

and little one wanted me to read another book ...which is somehow indicating to get prepared for (maybe) years of total "isolation" and the mental struggle that comes with it...

i don`t know if i should really buy it when he tells me, that aliens will take him away in 5 years though....

Last edited by capreycorn; 10-31-2008 at 07:33 AM.
capreycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:29 AM   #4
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi droid56,

What an excellent question!

Having children does affect your decisions, because the tendency is to put the necessities of your children before yours, especially in times of danger. It's our natural protective instinct.

I have thought of this for a long time. If you were put up against a wall with your child and a gunman told you that only one of you will survive, who would you choose to die?

I really enjoy breaking down and arriving at a conclusion of these dilemas of life!

Thanks for the post!

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid56 View Post
People on this website, and other websites, are making moves that are a radical response to their perception that very bad times are soon coming our way.

As an old dude, with no kids, I'm not about to make radical moves. In my limited world, what will be will be.

But if you have children, particularly young children, I'm guessing that probably effects how you approach the possibility of coming dangers.

For the people on this website that have children, is your thinking strongly effected by your strong desire to protect your kids in these very troubled times?
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:35 AM   #5
Tuza

Oh Good God, Hells bells and little fishes, now you have got me worried Capreycorn, Jeez.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:27 AM   #6
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Don't have kids and still want to be a father someday. However, I'm not sure that's part of my destiny here on Earth and as a result, I haven't made it that far. I don't know what to say except that the future brings what it brings. Still, it would help me to have someone to share my thoughts with.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #7
Reader
Avalon Senior Member

My 11 yr. old son has type-1 diabetes and being sure we can get his insulin and other supplies really worries me. If all hell breaks loose, who will re-supply the pharmacies?
Also, many other people are on meds for various things and the way insurance companies control things, you can't really stock pile med items.
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote