Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 03-02-2009, 06:26 AM   #1
Helvetic
Avalon Senior Member

Default Nearly 200 whales stranded on Australian beach

!
Quote:
SYDNEY (AP) — Nearly 200 whales and several dolphins are stranded on a beach in the southern Australian island state of Tasmania, the latest in a string of beachings in recent months.
Rescuers were headed Monday to Naracoopa Beach on Tasmania's King Island to try to save some of the 194 pilot whales and half a dozen bottlenose dolphins that began beaching themselves on Sunday evening.

Some had died by Monday morning, said Chris Arthur from Tasmania's Parks and Wildlife Service.

"While there are animals alive, there is always hope," Arthur said.

It was not clear why the animals had beached on the island, halfway between Tasmania and mainland Australia. The Examiner, a Tasmanian newspaper, reported that the animals were caught by a very low tide.

Strandings happen periodically in Tasmania as whales go by during their migration to and from Antarctic waters. However, Arthur said it was unusual for whales and dolphins to get stranded together.

In January, 45 sperm whales died after becoming stranded on a remote Tasmanian sandbar, even though rescuers worked for days to keep them cool and wet as they tried to move them back to the open water.

Last November, 150 long-finned pilot whales died after beaching on a rocky coastline in Tasmania. A week earlier, rescuers saved 11 pilot whales among a pod of 60 that had beached on the island state.

Scientists do not know why the creatures get stranded.
Helvetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:49 AM   #2
oceanblue
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Nearly 200 whales stranded on Australian beach

perhaps caused by navy subs ?

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/...901140324/1006
oceanblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
Helvetic
Avalon Senior Member

Why do you think the excellent animal echolocation, biosonar system of 200! whales/dolphins doesent work? Whats the reason of manipulating echoes, radar systems under water? Think about that!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
Helvetic
Avalon Senior Member

snip from the transscript of the new Bob Dean interview...

Quote:
We had emplaced sonar devices all over the Atlantic and all over the Pacific -- God knows how much it cost -- where we could monitor anything that was going on under the surface, on the surface.

Like Denny Blair said one time, he said to a Chinese admiral... He says: I own the water and I own the air above the water. So don’t talk threateningly to me. And Denny Blair at that time was a 4-star admiral who was PAC COM, or CINC COM, Pacific commander-in-chief. CINCPAC, I think he called it.

Anyhow, getting on with the story, let me finish this. He says: The one thing that interests us the most that we cannot figure out, he says, are the underwater objects that are the size of aircraft carriers that are traveling over 200 miles an hour.

And he says: That is our primary concern at the moment. He says: We don’t know who they are, what they are, and what they’re doing down there, but, he says, they’re traveling at enormous rates of speed under water and they’re the size of aircraft carriers.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #5
oceanblue
Avalon Senior Member

I just simply implied perhaps some unknown sonic activities going on down there. If you quoted Bob Dean's info earlier, I wouldn't have to reply then. But are you 100% sure that's the root cause ?
Old 03-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
Helvetic
Avalon Senior Member

No Im not 100% sure, but 85%.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #7
oceanblue
Avalon Senior Member

Now 55 stranded in Western Australia.....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5958070.ece