Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #51
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Fear Mongering. Get off it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Im in total agreement with you Star.
Its not more free speech we need its freedom from speech as in speeching.
Freedom of speech brings responsibilities.
Politically correct has a lot to answer for, but thats another complex subject.
One mans ceiling another mans floor.
Its a question of the level one is at, ones own personal reality.
Anger for example is more positive than apathy.
ans so on up till there is an acceptance that what is, is.
That is not helpful to some one in apathy.
In psychiatry there is such a scale.
When a person is apathetic, they are not suicidal, they dont care enough to be suicidal.
When they move beyond apathy they, the patient, are watched closely, because they may go suicidal, till they get to anger, and then helped beyond that.

Different strokes for different folks.

the prayer that AA uses is.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I can.
Wisdom to know the difference.

With respect for all points of view, as they reflect where the person is at this moment and is therefore valid, at least to them.
Chris
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.

Mahatma Gandhi

and perhaps be forgiven for them
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #52
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

Celine

We all make mistakes, the harderst thing is to forgive ourselves

The greatest gift one can give to oneself is to love oneself as one is now, no quible, no judgement, no expectations

The expectations we have about ourselves are mostly given to us by our parents and society and there is a time to chose what we keep and what we leave behind

That does not mean that one does not endeavor to align with the laws of the universe only that there is no point on looking back with regret

Love
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #53
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynderer View Post
it's interesting [to me] that you mentioned David Hawkins & 'Power vs Force, Greybeard -- i have a quote from that book in my email personal signature:

'There is no anti-depressant that will cure a depression that's spiritually based, for the malaise doesn't originate from brain dysfunction, but from an accurate response to the desecration of life.'

Peace & Freedom, wynderer
Hi Wynderer.
Did you get a lot from the book?
Most of the posts on "The ego what is it? how to transcend" thread which I contributed were influenced by reading Dr Hawkins.

I went to America to a talk he gave at Longbeach, he shook my hand and with out me realizing it, a long entrenched fear of heights was removed. I was later dared to go up in the ferris wheel outside the hotel and only after did I realize there was no fear.
Before this I had difficulty standing on a kitchen chair with out breaking out in a cold sweat.
I have read most of his books and got some videos of the Torrent "Pirate Bay"
Ive seen short clips of Hawkins on u tube but they are so out of context to be ridiculous.

Gloria in Excelsis Deo is what he begins and ends talks with.
Glory to God in the Highest is what it means.

Chris Namaste
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #54
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Céline View Post
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.

Mahatma Gandhi

and perhaps be forgiven for them
Agree Celine but Id rather learn from others mistakes. I dont have to make all of them myself.

I forgive me, if I cant forgive my actions I cant really forgive others.
Its very easy to be critcal of ones own,my actions in retrospect but if I had been aware of the consequences I would have acted differently. I did the best I could at the time.
Im sure we all do.

With Love
Chris
Old 03-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #55
wynderer
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Chris -- i did not read the book -- i found the quote somewhere on the net -- i was in one of my periodic fits of great despair over what is being done to Mother Earth & the Animals, & it 'spoke to my condition,' as Quakers say

do you think that the healing came thru Dr Hawkins' touch? or was it because you had been/were in that exhilarating state of consciousness of hearing/grokking great truths presented as abstract thoughts? augmented by being w/others experiencing the same/being in that same dimension at Dr Hawkins' talk?

this might more properly belong in your transcending the ego thread -- in my rather feverish spiritual searching in my 20s & early 30s i came across this concept of transcending the ego -- this is a Buddhist teaching i think -- a path that has one of if not the most sophisticated & profound psychological understandings of the human mind , imo

but this is not my path -- to me, 'ego' is 'I am' -- the 'I am' who is looking out thru these eyes , typing this to send to another 'I am' , you, looking out thru your eyes as you read this

i think individualized consciousness is the greatest gift the Creator has endowed us with [tho at times it can feel like a curse] [smile]

w/ the ego, i see it as a case of it ain't what you got, it's what you do with what you got that counts

Peace & Freedom, wynderer/Kathleen
wynderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #56
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hi Chris -- i did not read the book -- i found the quote somewhere on the net -- i was in one of my periodic fits of great despair over what is being done to Mother Earth & the Animals, & it 'spoke to my condition,' as Quakers say

do you think that the healing came thru Dr Hawkins' touch? or was it because you had been/were in that exhilarating state of consciousness of hearing/grokking great truths presented as abstract thoughts? augmented by being w/others experiencing the same/being in that same dimension at Dr Hawkins' talk?

this might more properly belong in your transcending the ego thread -- in my rather feverish spiritual searching in my 20s & early 30s i came across this concept of transcending the ego -- this is a Buddhist teaching i think -- a path that has one of if not the most sophisticated & profound psychological understandings of the human mind , imo

but this is not my path -- to me, 'ego' is 'I am' -- the 'I am' who is looking out thru these eyes , typing this to send to another 'I am' , you, looking out thru your eyes as you read this

i think individualized consciousness is the greatest gift the Creator has endowed us with [tho at times it can feel like a curse] [smile]

w/ the ego, i see it as a case of it ain't what you got, it's what you do with what you got that counts

Peace & Freedom, wynderer/Kathleen
Its a good question Kathleen.
First I have witnessed quite a few "healings" through using various forms of energy work.
I believe that the presence of the "healer" awakens something within the "client" and the healing is then self promoted t some level beyond awareness. Karma may come into it-- who knows.

All I can say was that I wasn't in an excited state to meet Dr Hawkins, I put no head above or below my own.
There are many definitions of ego. Persona for example is different, so is self esteem.
In the spiritual understanding. Ego is an illusion a belief in the story in the head that me is the cause of everything in isolation from others, only the me is considered to be of any relevance. others thoughts and opinions matter not at all. Ego is allways right.
You are right the same self that you have I have and it is individualized. When ego is transcended, you are free to be yourself, but there are many levels of self going all the way up to God.
Hope this helps
Chris

Last edited by greybeard; 03-12-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #57
wynderer
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Chris -- thanks for your clarification thoughts re your healing

tho i respect Buddhism, the -- impersonality? -- of the teachings does not 'speak to my condition' -- the end of my searching was/is surrendering to/accepting the protection & care of Jesus the Living Christ[& all who serve Him], due to some very powerful personal experiences

i was in spitirual agony one time over Jesus as the Living Christ saying that 'no man comes to the Father [Creator] except thru me' -- for my own reasons i see this as the truth -- but i just could not get my mind around one of my Jewish or Buddhist or Pantheist friends going to hell when they die because they didn't say 'Jesus is Lord' --

finally i was given/heard an answer that 'spoke to my condition' : 'Where Love Is, there I Am' -- i was in the Presence of that Love as i heard this

George Ritchie [sp?] wrote a book about his NDE during WWII when he died from the flu that went around the world then [it killed a lot of people] -- Jesus met him when he left his body, & showed/taught him many things [including the nuclear reactor being built then] --when he came back, he was in despair, after having been in the presence of such great Love -- the world a cold & dark place

after he recuperated, he was shipped to Europe & was one of the USA soldiers who liberated one of the concentration camps, i think Auschwitz -- he met a man there, a Jew, who had survived 5 yrs of being in the camps --in his eyes George R at last saw/was in the presence of the same Love as when he was w/Jesus -- they talked, & George R learned that this man had been forced to watch as his baby's brains were dashed out on a wall & his wife & older children were shot to death

he said that at that moment, he knew he had the choice to either Love, or hate, & he chose Love -- he learned how to draw energy from the air by breathing consciously & spent his years in the hells of different camps helping others

i read this book yrs ago, & this man, the thought of him, has always been an inspiration & a source of encouragement for me

i kind of got off track there -- it's like, if i spend mental time thinking about transcending my ego, that's less time to try to focus on/attune to Love, Highest Consciousness, the Creator thru the Living Christ, our HP --Higher Power, as we say in AA -- & i have a hard enough time doing that as it is, especially lately w/the heavy emf/HAARP attacks going on here in the USA & likely worldwide

Peace & Freedom, Kathleen
Old 03-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #58
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Kathleen
Thanks for sharing. Yes we have wake up moments that change everything.
Thing you would enjoy Dr Hawkins "Power vs Force" In one of his books he states that Jesus was unique in that He did not have a previous life time. He came here specifically to be our Saviour.

One of the reasons i started this thread is because people get distracted by theories on Harp etc.
I wrote in another thread that earthquaqes etc were going on long before humans were on the planet. They are part of a natural cycle and it seems to be a fact that they are requalted by what is happening on the Sun.

One of my favorite statements of all time was made by Beren on this forum.
LOVE LOVE AND THEN SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

Fear and love cannot co-exist.
Thats it, no more to be said really.

Chris
Old 03-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #59
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Nice thread Chris... I agree...

But is it 'Get off it', or 'Get off of it?'

To avoid any confusion, I say...

Get Over it !

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #60
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

i agree with the fear aspect of information being constantly drummed into people. i feel like somehow ive gone through some dark night of the soul, like a masonic initiation ritual of some type. or like luke on degobah in star wars.

it involves moving away from the reaction phase to the creation phase i think. as someone noted here about the rubber hammer and the knee, i no longer have that instant reflex. using another star wars analogy- obi-wan fights darth vader and then turms off his light sabre.

pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #61
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineal-pilot-in merkabah View Post
i no longer have that instant reflex. using another star wars analogy- obi-wan fights darth vader and then turms off his light sabre.

Exactly Pineal !

I quite agree with you.

- Or maybe his batteries ran out ?? Bad timing...

Either way, my view is we'll never really know, the universe is far too eloquent for us to understand.

But like those punching knock over skittle (ten-pin) -things. Perhaps the less effort we expend in knocking things about, the less there is to do...
Old 03-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #62
wynderer
Avalon Senior Member

what's coming into my mind reading some of the above posts is something Pericles said: 'You may not take an interest in politics, but politics may take an interest in you'

also, the Ghost Dances did not stop the bullets

Old 03-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #63
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
'You may not take an interest in politics, but politics may take an interest in you'
Good point Wynderer. Then maybe that's what destiny is? When a politician falls on you.

Still, I'm reasoning, up to that point, we should only get involved with what crosses our path. can we deal with that at least? Surely there is no time to get involved with everything in the world that doesn't cross our path?

I think this is a problem of the information age.

The ghost dancers may have had a problem with bullets, but did they have a problem worrying about earthquakes in Chile, and the fate of the Panda?

These days, we get to worry about anything we can read about. If we are the worrying kind...
Old 03-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #64
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulapops View Post
Good point Wynderer. Then maybe that's what destiny is? When a politician falls on you.

Still, I'm reasoning, up to that point, we should only get involved with what crosses our path. can we deal with that at least? Surely there is no time to get involved with everything in the world that doesn't cross our path?

I think this is a problem of the information age.

The ghost dancers may have had a problem with bullets, but did they have a problem worrying about earthquakes in Chile, and the fate of the Panda?

These days, we get to worry about anything we can read about. If we are the worrying kind...
Yes my friend so many distractions.
A story well known.
A minister was preparing the Sunday sermon, son was looking for attention "Daddy Daddy come play with me!" The Reverand found a map of the world in a handy magazine and tore it in to pieces saying "Son when you have put the map together I will play with you heres the sellotape" Very soon the boy was back with the map reassembled. Dad was amazed. "How did you do that so quickly son?"
"Easy Dad, there was a picture of a man on the back and when I got the man right the world came right"

In simplicity if we sort ourselves our world come right.

Thanks to all who contribute to this thread, there have some great posts.
Ch
Old 03-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #65
lisa
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Did you get a lot from the book?
Sigh... still trying to sell books, Greybeard?
Most people on this forum are fearless.
There are some intentional fear mongering from the dark forces though.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #66
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa View Post
Sigh... still trying to sell books, Greybeard?
Most people on this forum are fearless.
There are some intentional fear mongering from the dark forces though.

Just sharing, just sharing Honey.
I found DH helpful. Eckhart Tolle The Course in Miracles. The Bhagavad Gita. I am That.
Ramana, Ramesh Balsekar. Wayne Dyer. The list is endless.
All these books and writers have sold in the millions. They dont need me to sell one.

Im happy for you to quote who ever you like.
I just put the authors name down as a mark of respect and the quotes are relevant to the topic of the thread.
No head above mine.

With respect to you. Lisa.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #67
Swanny
I dont need a label !

My only fear is that things will carry on as what is called normal
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:22 PM   #68
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
My only fear is that things will carry on as what is called normal
Yeah
I get bored too with Satus Quo.
Its all about evolution.
Im up for change.
Thanks for appearing here Swanny.
Chris
Old 03-12-2010, 10:38 PM   #69
Swanny
I dont need a label !

It's a pleasure I like what you say
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #70
wynderer
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Greybeard -- would you consider this music video to be fearmongering?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog

Old 03-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #71
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=wynderer;255316]Hi Greybeard -- would you consider this music video to be fearmongering?

Nope I wouldn't great band.
The thread is only in relationship to this forum.
Im all for truth, its when something is presented as though it is true and it is only an assumption.
Pasted the words of the song below.

Regards Chris

The paranoia is in bloom, the PR
The transmissions will resume
They'll try to push drugs
Keep us all dumbed down and hope that
We will never see the truth around
(So come on!)

Another promise, another scene, another
A package not to keep us trapped in greed
With all the green belts wrapped around our minds
And endless red tape to keep the truth confined
(So come on!)

They will not force us
They will stop degrading us
They will not control us
We will be victorious

Interchanging mind control
Come let the revolution take its toll if you could
Flick the switch and open your third eye, you'd see that
We should never be afraid to die
(So come on!)

Rise up and take the power back, it's time that
The fat cats had a heart attack, you know that
Their time is coming to an end
We have to unify and watch our flag ascend

They will not force us
They will not control us
We will be victorious

Hey .. hey ... hey .. hey!

They will not force us
They will not control us
We will be victorious

Hey .. hey ... hey .. hey!
Old 03-12-2010, 11:26 PM   #72
wynderer
Avalon Senior Member

thanks for posting the lyrics -- would like to add a correction --in verse 2 -- it's 'another packaged lie to keep us...' [sorry -- i did editorial proofreading for 5 yrs , & it's a habit]

Old 03-12-2010, 11:38 PM   #73
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
thanks for posting the lyrics -- would like to add a correction --in verse 2 -- it's 'another packaged lie to keep us...' [sorry -- i did editorial proofreading for 5 yrs , & it's a habit]

Yes I wondered I just pasted unaltered.
When you come across unedited proof on the forum. Clap your hands loudly. I want to hear it wynderer.

Sorry sorry my Scorpio humor got the better of me.
It would be a dull world with out idiots like me. I see the funny side of virtually everything.
An Eckhart quote. "Dont take your thoughts too seriously" Im trying honestly.

Chris
Old 03-13-2010, 03:56 AM   #74
Crow
Avalon Senior Member

Im new to this forum, and just wanted to say well put!!

FEAR is the enemy. The PTB wield it like a sword and the challenge is to look past it and see what the world really is!!

Peace and Love
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:29 AM   #75
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Im new to this forum, and just wanted to say well put!!

FEAR is the enemy. The PTB wield it like a sword and the challenge is to look past it and see what the world really is!!

Peace and Love

Crow
Yes the world is at peace when we change our way of thinking.
Chris