Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 04-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #1
Egg
Banned

Default Who falls for liars lies? How far will a liar go? will you fall for it?

I have decided to write this after a little bit of diggin I was doing came up with an example of possibly in my opinion the biggest and cruelest hoax / lie / deception I have ever read about.

It is a warning to us all to be on our guard with people who make fantastical claims that people believe even though there is no evidence to support such fantasy. This story is of the massive lie perpertrated by one person, and that person is

MICHAEL ROGER LAFOSSE

Michael was born in Belgium in 1958 or there abouts, but in a dramatic turn of events decided to self style himself (supported with alleged fake documents)

HRH Prince Michael James Alexander Stewart, 7th Count of Albany

Here, have a little read of this next bit - source is of course supplied to make sure I didn't make it all up.

Quote:
"A Belgian who claims to be the king of Scotland is set to be kicked out of the country after losing his British citizenship. Michael Lafosse, who calls himself HRH Prince Michael of Albany, is also facing fraud charges over his application for a British passport in June 2004. Lafosse, 48, who claims he is a direct descendant of Bonnie Prince Charlie, has been under investigation by the Home Office for six months.
"The former gift shop worker and waiter ignored more than 20 letters from investigators to his home in Edinburgh's New Town. They wanted him to explain why he submittted a forged birth certificate in support of his British citizenship application five years ago. The probe was launched after information was given to investigators at the UK passport office in Glasgow in December by a historical researcher.
"A Home Office insider said yesterday 'Lafosse was given every chance possible to plead his case but he just ignored our letters. He has now had his British citizenship revoked and he will also lose his right to a British passport.' Lafosse, whose claims have been labelled totally bogus by experts, is also alleged to have used a fake diplomatic passport to travel. He could not be contacted for comment at his home recently."
http://www.edinburghguide.com/edgfor...pic.php?t=3955

Pretty steep isn't it? claiming to be a HRH and a few other little titles and honorifics aside, he duped alot of people for many years with his 'HRH' act.

30 years! He kept up the deception for 30 years, and people admit they called him HRH and 'Prince michael'. Thats a terrible amount of time for a man to dupe and use people for. terrible, terrible thing to do, and for so long!

30 years! I couldn't believe I was reading this - I mean, 30 years. Thats a murder 1 sentence with parole in some States and shorter than a life sentence in the UK!.

Others have investigated him,(see link here http://priory-of-sion.com/posd/lafosse/lafosse.html ) and their findings seem to show he is an absolute fraud without a leg to stand on but I couldn't believe the list of people who this man has defrauded! However the vatican didn't fall for these lies, no Sir they did not!

Quote:
This is demonstrated by the letters from the Belgian State and the Vatican State declaring certain papers as false. That the Claimant is responsible for these forgeries is conclusively proved by the evidence regarding the unique punctuation system in all papers including a letter signed by him.
But others did - Others that possibly joined 'Societies' and 'Brotherhoods' and 'Orders' this man claimed to be the head of. Thats a real shame because being a member of an order is pretty special, and I am sure alot of people would of done alot of good things for their other 'brothers / Order Members.

Here is a picture of 'HRH' in his full flow, even mingling with an SNP representitive. These people for 30 years were duped.

http://www.electricscotland.com/hist...ring_stone.htm

I just couldn't believe it at all. The to my horror, I found that an investigate journalist and author had been fooled! He even went as far as writing the forword of the book! I mean, what hope have the rest of us in uncovering a fraud if an investigative journalist can't?

Problem was as well, that 'HRH' was stating that his 'CIA' contacts confirmed that the agency was involved in the Princesses death! I mean what? How far will a faker go? Pretty far if this is any example to go by! The poor author!

Quote:
Recognising the probability that the mainstream media will ignore the book co-author Jon King has embarked on a series of speaking engagements with Prince Michael to try and publicise it. However it looks like they face an uphill struggle. On the morning of their first speaking engagement, in rural Wiltshire, they were interviewed by phone by the BBC’s local radio for a live show. As Prince Michael was recounting how a CIA contact had confirmed to him that the Agency was indeed involved in Princess Diana’s assassination the phone line suddenly went dead: the interviewer had simply slammed the phone down on Prince Michael in mid sentence.
This poor author was trying to get a book published and some publicity, and as we can see was duped by Lafosse. Claiming to be a HRH is one thing, but claiming your source inside the CIA admitted their part in the death of such a figure as HRH Princess of Wales? I was stunned!

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=195

The Author is one Mr Jon King and is the same author who wrote the book

Cosmic Top Secret - The unseen agenda.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cosmic-Top-S.../dp/0340708220

(An amazon link to the book - I however do not endorse or have anything to do with the author, just showing it is a genuine book by a genuine author.)

Mr King is then duped by HRH as to providing corroborating evidence through his 'sources' whilst speaking to the BBC radio - I mean its a claim by a royal and should be trusted - right? well no, not if that 'Royal' is a liar. However Mr King like many others were duped by a man who hoaxed many many people over 30 years! I just cannot get over how long this fraud went on for! The book in question is -

Princess Diana: The Hidden Evidence by Jon King and John Beveridge Published by SPI BOOKS ISBN: 1-56171-922-6

Again its genuine material published by a genuine company. I was stunned though that Lafosse had managed to dupe such an investigative journalist, but I bet after nearly 30 years lafosse felt very safe.

I mean, what type of mind would carry out an elaborate, multi tier elaborate hoax such as this? what type of thought process must it take to uphold a hoax for 30 years? I cannot even begin to imagine - although if I had to guess it would have to be in my opinion a sick and deluded mind.

But my saddest find was that their were many, many people taken into his world.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...goncourt07.htm

Fixed link for you all.

This last link is for me the saddest of all - People being invested into orders by a fake. How bad must they have felt when it all came apart at the stitching? I bet alot of them defended this fake and fraud till the very end, and thats the saddest part of all -

What happens to the most drawn in of victims when the faker gets found out?

This is for me the saddest picture of all.

Imagine how special he must of felt being invested into an order by a HRH. The feeling of being let down alone must of been monumental, let alone the pain if you had gone out of your way to assist and help your fellow order members.

So i wrote this thread to make people aware that some people will delude themselves and others for vast periods of time, in complex multi faceted hoaxes, and to warn that if an investigative journalist and author can fall for an elaborate hoax, and even use a hoaxers 'Title' to promote his book, we all need to extra wary of extra ordinary claims.

[I would like to add this post is in no way an attempt to detract from Mr Kings works, but to show how even an investigative Journailst can be decieved / duped and lied to by an extraordinary liar who lied to many, many people over a 30 year time span - Thats a terrifying feat - holding up a lie for 30 years... the mind boggles.)

Last edited by Egg; 04-10-2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: To fix a link
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Who falls for liars lies? How far will a liar go? will you fall for it?

I think it's always good to look at what we really desperately WANT to believe (because it makes us special or important) - and to step back and reevaluate it, coldly, in the bright light of day. It's the way Bernie Madoff made his money - it's the way most frauds are perpetrated. I remember my father, wanting to desperately to believe he was part of the movers and shakers when he was investing his money in a "land deal" in Florida. Yep, 30k gone.

The more important it makes you feel, the more I would question it. Sorry.

Last edited by alyscat; 04-09-2009 at 10:34 PM.
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #3
blastawaycas
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Who falls for liars lies? How far will a liar go? will you fall for it?

AN ABSOLUTE INCREDIBLE FIND PEOPLE AND HEADS UP !!!!

WATCH WHO YOU GET SUCKED IN BY.......................COZ
THE SAME HOAXERS WILL SPIT YOU RIGHT BACK OUT AGAIN

BUT THIS STORY IS AN ABJECT LESSON TO US ALL NICE FIND
EGG AND A GREAT PIECE OF DETECTIVE WORK...................
YOU RELATED TO SHERLOCK HOLMES BY ANY CHANCE !!!!

JOKING ASIDE GREAT FIND AND LOVE THE WAY YOUR HEADING !

TOP OF THE POPS

KINDEST REGARDS EGG DAVE
blastawaycas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #4
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

Good work Mate! I don't mind what people do, but lying and disception...NEVER!!
piers2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:11 PM   #5
Steve_G

Great investigation dude, shows how easy it can be to get sucked in by con artists.

Last edited by Steve_G; 04-09-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #6
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Like any other art form, self delusion only gets better with practice. Mostly harmless until one turns it into a con or a fraud. Then it's not so harmless anymore, and fraudsters need a little light shone their way.

Nice work, Egg. Look forward to more of your "illuminations"
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:38 PM   #7
avyaktam
Avalon Senior Member

You can cheat everybody, yourself best.
What I like very much about the Divine is that you can't cheat.
avyaktam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:42 AM   #8
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Interesting. Another example of how the biggest lies are sometimes the easiest to perpetrate.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:48 AM   #9
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

I get it! , LOL
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:16 AM   #10
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

If anything, the whole concept of royalty IS a fraud.

I liken Kings and Queens to Dictators. Not much difference is there?
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:32 AM   #11
EpiphaMe

Avyaktam.... beautiful, you wrote;
..."you can cheat everybody, yourself best.
What I like very much about the Divine is that you can't cheat"

... I'll add: ...> "Period, and get away with it for long'...
charmed I am w/that truth you so succinctly stated.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #12
Egg
Banned

I just couldn't believe a hoax of that magnitude went on for 30 years! I mean, thats longer than alot of Avalon members here have been alive - Thats stunning, mind bogglingly stunning.

I felt really sad for all those who had been duped by this man - there is even more pictures on the internet of huge gatherings to pay homage to this man.

30 years.

Simply stunning - surely there must of been some discrepencies in his story after time that made people suspicious? However, I guess with all that emotional investiment, it was was to let go of a dream and see cold hard reality of a simple, but massive fraud.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #13
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg View Post

Simply stunning - surely there must of been some discrepencies in his story after time that made people suspicious? However, I guess with all that emotional investiment, it was was to let go of a dream and see cold hard reality of a simple, but massive fraud.
You raise what I feel is an important point. It speaks to the whole concept of cognitive dissonance, and how that works. We'd go nuts if we didn't have a way of integrating information which wouldn't otherwise "fit".

If people are off looking for something or someone to believe in, they'll make it work, somehow. And the more they need or want to believe, the more they'll enable themselves to disregard evidence which would otherwise interfere with that belief.

Thanks for the thread, Egg.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #14
Egg
Banned

I feel so sorry for those who were taken in by this massive deception - Words fail to express the sympathy I feel for Mr Jon King, Author, who was fed 'CIA' information by this delusional liar.

How deep must the shock of been when a person you trusted to be above reproach, in this case a member of Royalty no less! turns out to be a massive fraud.

His whole work thus gets in peoples eyes tainted by the fact that he is now connected to this fake - I mean, who could trust the rest of the information in it if Mr Jon King used (albeit unwittingly) a fake / fraud / Liar? Could he of been hoodwinked by other sources he used?

I wonder what the air would be like if Mr 'HRH' was to turn up at Mr Kings doorstep? I predict the color bliue could be used as a descriptive.