Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Early draft of the Constitution found in Philadelphia

Posted on Tue, Feb. 2, 2010

INQUIRER JOURNAL

Early draft of the Constitution found in Philadelphia

By Edward Colimore
Inquirer Staff Writer

Researcher Lorianne Updike Toler was intrigued by the centuries-old document at the Historical Society of Pennsylvania.

On the back of a treasured draft of the U.S. Constitution was a truncated version of the same document, starting with the familiar words: "We The People. . . ."

They had been scribbled upside down by one of the Constitution's framers, James Wilson, in the summer of 1787. The cursive continued, then abruptly stopped, as if pages were missing.

A mystery, Toler thought, until she examined other Wilson papers from the Historical Society's vault in Philadelphia and found what appeared to be the rest of the draft, titled "The Continuation of the Scheme."

Continues: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/wire.php?view=10169
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Default Re: Early draft of the Constitution found in Philadelphia

Hey PeaceAndLove;

If you want to read the account of them "haggling it out", I have a copy of the minutes of the Constitutional Convention.

What you will see at the link is a calendar, covering May through October of 1787. Every day that is a link, is a day they met. Click and you get the minutes of that day.

Above, on that page, you can get to all the Federalist and some of the anti-federalist papers, and also the earlier Articles Of Confederation.

Theres more, but thats a start. I keep a bunch of this "silly unused" stuff on my site, in case anyone gets homesick for the country we used to have

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
Hey PeaceAndLove;

If you want to read the account of them "haggling it out", I have a copy of the minutes of the Constitutional Convention.

What you will see at the link is a calendar, covering May through October of 1787. Every day that is a link, is a day they met. Click and you get the minutes of that day.

Above, on that page, you can get to all the Federalist and some of the anti-federalist papers, and also the earlier Articles Of Confederation.

Theres more, but thats a start. I keep a bunch of this "silly unused" stuff on my site, in case anyone gets homesick for the country we used to have

Fred
What a resource!

Thanks
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Ty SeaShore...

I also have a book section, as well.

Both of these sections are a kind of "Pay it forward" kind of thing, I've spent part of my time doing. Enjoy

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Thank-you peaceandlove. This is a terrific resource. The discovery reminds me of the movie 'National Treasure'.

I'm trying to focus on the founders and the original intent and reasons for the Declaration of Independence...the Constitution...and the United States of America. However...I continue to be troubled by the first part of Article 6 and by the 16th Amendment...which seems to have turned a Representative Republic into a Constitutional Theocracy. The 1954 Greada Treaty and the U.N. Charter overriding the U.S. Constitution is especially troubling. Or...did I get that wrong? Please put my mind at ease.

I recently concluded that one of the best ways to 'save' the world would be to base the Solar System on the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights...combined with the Declaration of Human Sovereignty...with minor modifications. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15878 Is this unreasonable and counterproductive...or is it the wave of the future? Can the Patriot Movement and the Globalists become best buddies? Do we need to Think Galactically and Act Globally regarding the principles and concepts which emerge from a careful study of the U.S. Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Federalist Papers. This whole thing really came out of Europe...didn't it? It's not an 'American' phenomenon...is it? Doesn't a lot of this boil down to Responsible Freedom vs Aristocracy and Theocracy? Isn't this a global, or even a galactic, issue? I guess I'm going boldly where no man has gone before...and where angels fear to tread. The gods and goddesses are probably angry...but I think I might be just a bit more angry.

Namaste

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 02-03-2010 at 07:42 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote